Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02: Sleep Well My Prince For Tomorrow You Shall Be King

• Start Topic

Aired November 17, 2019

Frank sets out to make money to keep his place in the house; Lip is overwhelmed by the demands of a newborn; Carl learns more about his mysterious new coworker; Ian and Mickey struggle to keep the romance alive in prison.

So debbie is so annoying,cant stand that character! Kevin just takes his shirt off to show off his hired trainer body every episode,i like him better pudgy! So debbie is stealing money and buying designer shit and robbing frank. She sux! Plus she cant act for shit!

• Love 4

How is she robbing Frank though?   She made him pay for a couch he did ruin.   That’s not unreasonable.   He and his friend are about to rob her in a minute out of spite.  And yes Fiona gave her the money because all the others are going to use the money for scams instead of necessities and not pay the bills.

How much does Debbie make at her welding job?  Because everyone is treating her like a maid and I would seriously consider using her share to put money down on a place for her and Frannie to stay because no one is helping her take care of Frannie and yet Lip wants Debbie to drop everything so he can take a nap.

• Love 6

I thought this episode was definitely better then last week.   I can see where it is heading.   With Fiona gone the men in the Gallagher household see it as an opportunity to make their own rules so they put Frank in charge instead of Debbie.

This is not going to end well.

i can see why they did it though.  They all had money concerns and paying off quick debts must seem better then the far off ones that Fiona probably paid off the large part of in the past.  

Debbie is by no means perfect and has her own scam going but she at least is trying to stretch the money out and keep the majority of it out of Frank’s hands.

How much does  a welder,  even a non union one make?   I mean with Lip expecting her to drop everything to watch his kid and the family not doing anything around the house I wouldn’t blame her if she found her own place to live.  She does have a kid of her own to raise.

Edited by Chaos Theory

So Tami has some infection.  If that character is coming back, why this infection story?  So that Lip feels overwhelmed taking care of Freddie by himself?

If she comes back, will Lip move out to be with her and the kid?

Because of blackmail, Debbie will pay the four of them $100 a week each.  That’s $1600 a month, $19,200 a year.  So the Fiona money will last a little over 2 years.

If Frank gets control of the money, probably not even a few months.

The Gallaghers are suppose to be downtrodden but they’re never victimized or exploited so you knew Debbie wasn’t going to go through with debasing herself with that salesman.

No, they will screw themselves over, but they’re never somebody else’s victim.

Of course it’s never that simple for the underclass IRL.

• Love 2

If Debbie has any foresight, she'll buy plastic covers for that new sofa.

I never had kids, so the scenes with Lip and the baby may have grossed me out more than most.

Poor delivery guy. I'm glad he's not dead, but he'll have some 'splainin to do. 

So far, I'm enjoying Luis Guzman's character as Frank's new Mephistopheles. But how long can that last? 

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, kathe5133 said:

And how is it that Tami's family just let Lip take home their grandson, nephew, the offspring of their beloved Tami, without an argument?  

Father outranks aunt and even grandparents.   Unless Tammy family can show neglect or abuse which Franny’s daddy’s family at one time tried to prove with Debbie but only ended up kidnapping the kid.   If Tammy wakes up and decides to play hardball with Lip then it’s a whole new ball game.  

That being said....If Lip wanted some sleepy time he could have made arrangements with the in-laws.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

WTF are they trying to scam Uber drivers?  Not like they're loaded or carrying cash anyways.

You have to have a credit card to hail Uber or Lyft.  If they had their own credit card or stolen credit cards, they could go to town on them.

But of course credit card fraud can't be depicted as colorfully as stepping in front of a car.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

...If Lip wanted some sleepy time he could have made arrangements with the in-laws.  

This is what my husband and I were saying while we were watching it.  And even if some of them were at Tammi's bedside, there was a room full of people worried about Tammi in the last episode, so someone could have watched the baby and someone could have been at the hospital and they could have rotated.  Oops, but then we wouldn't have Crazy Lip Shenanigans, would we?

Aww, I am glad Tammi's alive.  My favorite too was Amanda, but Lip treated her like shit, he didn't deserve her.  I think Lip and Tammi are roughly equals and I was really worried about her for some reason.  She was pretty alright this past episode before she went into labor.

The only storyline that interested me was whether Deb was going to blow that guy.  I think if this had been old school Shameless, and it was Fiona trying to return the shoes, it would have been her idea to offer to blow the guy, she would have blown him, and they would have wound up in some kind of fucked Gus-type relationship.  I felt like the taking up of the violin thing was a cop-out, like the writers were too afraid to go there.  But didn't Frank coerce Deb to have tons of lesbian sex in a prior season when she was pregnant just to keep a roof over her head?  I want the show to be more edgy like that.

Same with Carl and Liam getting into a scam with...vaping shit?  I thought those were damn heroin balloons.  Get some edge, show.

I thought Vee was being condescending with Lip.  Yes, you can leave a baby alone when you go to the bathroom.  She pissed me off with the truck merchandise too. Like, either steal it or don't, but don't steal it based on the fact that the driver was going to get hammered and drive and might kill a kid.  First of all, "hammered" is not two drinks on a grown man.  What is she talking about?  Second of all, Vee was all prepared to serve the off-brand UPS guy a beer and a shot--knowing he was going to drive--until she found him on the bathroom floor and changed her mind.  I hate the scenes at the Alibil.  I don't like the Fischer-Balls and I don't even like Kermit or Tommy anymore.

I did find all the autoerotic asphyxiation scenes and lines very funny, especially when the guy woke up at the end, kind of sighed, and just went back to jacking off.  That was classic Shameless.  

Don't have much else to say.  I don't miss Fiona.  Ian and Mickey are so boring in jail.  All I know is, if Frank's asshole friend with the lisp tries to come for Debbie, I will be royally pissed.  I can't stand him.  At least Frank is smart.  I enjoy his little rants about society.  And I like Debbie a lot.  I still take Deb over Frank.  No part of that money is his.

How is Debbie walking around in those high fancy heels if three of her toes were cauterized off by Frank?  Or did the showrunners forget what happened all of one season ago?

• Love 6

Kudos to all Primetimers who weren't sucked in to the "shameless" manipulation of a shirtless Lip holding a naked infant (although Freddie is adorable - great casting of a baby, Production Monkeys) for pretty much every scene.  That cliche' of masculinity contrasted with vulnerability has been Done. To. Death.

I saw some scam of Deb and her scam brewing as soon as Frank and his buddy started feeling the pressure to make money.

The writing on this show has become uninspired and predictable.  Rossum was prescient to bail. I've loved WHM ever since he unloaded on Lindsay Lohan many years ago, but hopefully this is the final season; too many shows hang on too long, and this one has joined the ranks.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, funnygirl said:

I'm so over Frank. I think I'm done with the series now. 

THIS ↑

One more episode for me, and I'm not anticipating changing my mind.

The shark has been jumped.

They should have ended this two seasons ago.

• Love 4
On 11/18/2019 at 12:45 PM, kathe5133 said:

And how is it that Tami's family just let Lip take home their grandson, nephew, the offspring of their beloved Tami, without an argument?  

Because he is the father, he has rights over them. 

...If Lip wanted some sleepy time he could have made arrangements with the in-laws.  

Didn't Tami predict Jabby would be a bad dad.... probably feels like he has something to prove.

I thought he was going to fall asleep in tub and drown baby.

Eyeroll at the dumbing down of Lip.  Did he not help raise Liam? All of sudden it's a good idea to wipe a baby bottom with a kitchen sponge. 

• Love 2

I don't understand why Tami's family isn't helping Lip. That's just Shameless plot bullshit again. And doesn't the ADA require elevators at all elevated train stops for people in wheelchairs? As a father whose wife was incapacitated after labor, I remember that feeling he's gotten, although we didn't have the boob thing. And to be fair, it's what almost every single mother goes through, so boo hoo. 

I actually would have been more interested had Debbie blown the guy. It would have shown the difference between she and Fiona (because Fiona wouldn't blow the store manager) and sort of built on her moral laxity. That might make her a little more interesting -- no the blowing, but extrapolating her well-documented moral ambiguity. 

Don't care about Mickey and Ian. Care less about Frank. Liam's stuff is sort of interesting, but it's coming out of nowhere, and Kev and Vee have me really missing the days of the throuple. 

• Love 3

So is Debbie using all their money for her shopping extravaganza, or just her portion?  And why did Fiona put her in charge again?   Lip actually has stepped in and raised the family before, I'm not sure why he wasn't the choice again.

• Love 1

So is Debbie using all their money for her shopping extravaganza, or just her portion?  And why did Fiona put her in charge again?   Lip actually has stepped in and raised the family before, I'm not sure why he wasn't the choice again.

All of those designer clothes, shoes and accessories would easily add up to 50K. I think she blew all the money with the expectation of returning them for cash. Debbie has never been the most stable member of the family by a longshot. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, tomsmom said:

No way Tami’s family would just let Lip take the baby home to that shithole without a fight. Plus didn’t Lip help Fiona raise the kids? Why are they making him so helpless? 

I'm guessing that Fiona mostly took care of Liam when he was a baby, which is partly why she dropped out of school. Lip and Ian definitely watched Liam but since she wanted them to stay in school, she did the bulk of the childcare because she was home with him during the day. Lip, Ian, and Debbie probably took turns keeping an eye on Liam after school and then he was asleep while Fiona was out working at that bar.

I don't think Lip is being portrayed as helpless. He knows how to diaper a baby but he didn't have any diapers to put on the baby. He knows how to feed a baby a bottle, but he's never used a strap on fake boob before (which he is doing at Tami's request). He knows how to watch a baby, but he was so exhausted that he fell asleep.

As for Tami's family "letting" Lip take the baby home, he is the father. He has legal rights. If Tami's family wants to take the baby from him, they will have to prove that he has been abusive, neglectful, or otherwise unfit to take care of his own child. The Gallagher house isn't great, but they were okay with Tami living there with Lip so I'm assuming she was going to keep living there after the baby was born.

• Love 1

the one thing Shameless has been consistent on is the idea that fir better and worse parents have rights to their children.    Frannie’s paternal relatives tried to get custody of Frannie but were turned down.   Even Frank lost the younger kids for awhile.  Fiona tried to get custody.   All that happened in the end was Frank agreeing to shared custody with Fiona.    

Tammi’s family doesn’t really have much say in Lip taking his son home especially with Tammi still alive.   It would alienate the heck out of her.   So if they want any access to the kid the best bet especially now is on Lip’s terms. 

On 11/19/2019 at 3:55 PM, chabelisaywow said:

Didn't Tami predict Jabby would be a bad dad.... probably feels like he has something to prove.

I thought he was going to fall asleep in tub and drown baby.

Eyeroll at the dumbing down of Lip.  Did he not help raise Liam? All of sudden it's a good idea to wipe a baby bottom with a kitchen sponge. 

Rinsing the baby shit off in the sink and using the dish sponge was beyond disgusting. This a stereotypical portrayal of poor people. For someone who is supposedly so smart, E- coli anyone?

On 11/18/2019 at 4:26 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

The only storyline that interested me was whether Deb was going to blow that guy.  I think if this had been old school Shameless, and it was Fiona trying to return the shoes, it would have been her idea to offer to blow the guy, she would have blown him, and they would have wound up in some kind of fucked Gus-type relationship.  I felt like the taking up of the violin thing was a cop-out, like the writers were too afraid to go there. 

I didn't even understand the point of this scene unless the guy is gonna show up again at some point. At the end of the day, he told Debbie to keep the shoes and as far as I could see, she still didn't get her money back, so...what exactly was the point? Or did he give her the money back as well as telling her to keep them?

ETA: Sorry, I forgot this aired a while back. I am just now catching up.

Edited by Giuseppe