Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Three Men Out

• Start Topic

I really, really, REALLY want to like this show, but its not very funny or all that interesting.  At some point, Wade is going to find a girlfriend who lasts more than 1 episode, and then what?  The rest of the cast isn't all that compelling enough to pick up he slack.

These people remind me of the better-off neighbors we all know who always seem to have lots of parties and informal get-togethers with each other, and who probably spend most of their time looking down on the rest of us.  They're not all that pleasant.

• Love 3

This episode was so charming. Delia and Forest being bored during their daughter's flute rehearsal was totally relatable. And I like that Ben managed to liven up the bar and get some jealousy/appreciation from his wife in the end, which is what he wanted all along.

• Love 7

Wade will eventually end up in a long term role playing relationship with a Justified fan....

12 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

At some point, Wade is going to find a girlfriend who lasts more than 1 episode,

I really enjoyed this episode and I appreciate how the show has figured out a way to make this show about Wade finding his way in life and using his dating as a component of that instead of this show being about Wade dating.  I don't know if we'll see Lena the bartender again, I wouldn't mind if we do or we don't, but she was a nice addition to this episode.

• Love 5

And that was Paige Davis of Trading Spaces as the woman at the frame place who Wade thought might be his date at first.

Wade will eventually end up in a long term role playing relationship with a Justified fan....

I volunteer as tribute.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I remember how Timothy Olyphant brought people from Deadwood on to Justified I n the first few seasons. It would be great if Walter did the same thing. Joelle Carter or Erica Tazel would be great dates for him. Better yet why not have Raylan be his rival for some woman he wants to date. That would be epic.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I remember how Timothy Olyphant brought people from Deadwood on to Justified I n the first few seasons. It would be great if Walter did the same thing. Joelle Carter or Erica Tazel would be great dates for him. Better yet why not have Raylan be his rival for some woman he wants to date. That would be epic.

He could show up as Danny Cordray the traveling paper salesman!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Fun to see Paige Davis.  "Trading Spaces" was always a fave of mine. 

Cute showing how he didn't know how girls pack for overnights.  I like how they show him slowly learning more about his daughters without hysteria and too much drama. 

I also liked how they didn't let him get drunk & too crazy at the bar.  And if he asks Lena out, it needs to be for coffee or lunch, NOT a drink.  *LOL*

I'm still thoroughly enjoying this show.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, andidante said:

I think my favorite parts of this show is when he is interacting with his daughters. I'm not much for his friends most of the time.

He has an amazing relationship with his girls. I never saw something like that demonstrated on Tv before. Dads are always portrayed as being distant or trying way hard to be cool so it's refrseshing to see a dynamic that emphasizes honesty.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, leighdear said:

Cute showing how he didn't know how girls pack for overnights.  I like how they show him slowly learning more about his daughters without hysteria and too much drama. 

I loved that scene. He was so confident that they were responsible enough to pack their own bags until Delia told him to check and he saw how impractical they both were. But who doesn't want boxes of cookies just in case?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 11/9/2019 at 7:26 PM, andidante said:

I think my favorite parts of this show is when he is interacting with his daughters. I'm not much for his friends most of the time.

I love seeing Wade and his daughers. I also enjoy Ben and Michelle, both as Wade's friends and also in their interactions with their own children. IMO, the problem characters are Forrest and Delia. They're written more as caricatures than as real people. I think both of them could be salvaged if the writers dial it back a bit. I hope they do.

• Love 2

Wade and his daughters are adorable, every scene between them, even over the phone, are just so sweet and charming. "Is the chupacabra real? "They arent real, and they only live in Mexico." I really love their dynamic, and how it subverts so many father/daughter tropes, especially of single dads. 

Everyone going to the same craft place for their internet dates is so hilariously specific that I feel like it must be based on something that actually happened to a writer or someone they knew. 

Ben got his groove back! All he wanted was for his wife to still be into him! 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Everyone going to the same craft place for their internet dates is so hilariously specific that I feel like it must be based on something that actually happened to a writer or someone they knew. 

In my town, it's "Painting with a Twist", where you drink wine while you paint a cheesy picture of a beach sunset.  *LOL*

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

THANK YOU for IDing Paige Davis. I knew I knew from somewhere, but couldn't place her. 

I agree that Delia and Forrest are the weak links. But Delia could be better if she wasn't so in your face about it. There needs to be a female to help Wade out-think his daughters and Michelle doesn't have time. But really, in real life- I wouldn't give Delia the time of day. She seems phony and annoying and I wouldn't spend time with her.

I really don't see how there are so many people who just can't see this lasting because who wants to see Wade dating forever? Well, I still say that this isn't about dating. This is about moving on. He can date a while, he can stop dating. and there can be more scenes with his daughters. He can date women for lengths of time. Then they can bring on Joelle Carter and it can last a really long time. I could even see it getting to the point where he meets "The Other One" and marries her.

They can also bring on anyone from Justified that they want, but if they bring Sam Elliott on, give the man his moustache back. OH- Sam Elliott and Margo Martindale as Grandma and Grandpa. (Wait- I just went to Happyville for a moment)

"They aren't real. And they only live in Mexico." LOVE THAT. My husband blames everything slightly strange on Chupacabras. So I really appreciated that. Like more than words can say. 

I think this show just keeps getting better. 

• Love 6
On 11/10/2019 at 8:35 PM, ProudMary said:

I love seeing Wade and his daughers. I also enjoy Ben and Michelle, both as Wade's friends and also in their interactions with their own children. IMO, the problem characters are Forrest and Delia. They're written more as caricatures than as real people. I think both of them could be salvaged if the writers dial it back a bit. I hope they do.

On 11/14/2019 at 11:27 AM, Bali said:

I agree that Delia and Forrest are the weak links. But Delia could be better if she wasn't so in your face about it. There needs to be a female to help Wade out-think his daughters and Michelle doesn't have time. But really, in real life- I wouldn't give Delia the time of day. She seems phony and annoying and I wouldn't spend time with her.

Oh no, I have to step up for Delia and Forrest, they are my favorites, especially Forrest, he's an adorable hoot. How have I never heard of Rob Corddry before now?

• Love 3

I mentioned before how I love the various kitchens on this show ... now I can say I love the daughter's bedroom too!  The color, drapes, cute sheets. What a great house.

I like how his friends didn't really desire to go out clubbing, drinking, etc. It's hard for them to admit that they may want to stay home with their wives.

• Love 1