Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E03: Hail Mary

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, preeya said:

Hate to say it but "The Shark Has Been Jumped"

Afraid not!

Yeah, this was a hot mess. We don't know why the son died and what happened to belly flop guy? And the crazy a$$ shootout at the end WTF? I really used to like this show but it has gone off the deep end this season.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, LittlePeas3 said:

Crap. and I haven't watched it yet 😞 

Watch it to see please. 

I keep thinking with all the juggling that they have had to do that it will all change again.  Hopefully next episode. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ellee said:

Watch it to see please. 

I keep thinking with all the juggling that they have had to do that it will all change again.  Hopefully next episode. 

I am watching it very shortly, I am so concerned it has run its time though.  It is such a shame, it was so consistent until season 9, season 10 was bareable, but this is beyond a joke.  I am surprised the actors don't question how pathetic it is to be honest.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Tony Dickson said:

This episode feels like it was shown out of order.  Beale is back, no explanation, Deeks is back, no explanation.  Felt like a "filler" episode that could have been shown at any time during the season.

This episode was certainly a stand alone one.  It really could have been shoved in anywhere.  The randomness of Beale being back makes me wonder if this was shot last season.  It seemed to fit with the premise that because they had gone off the books last season to rescue Mosley's kid, they would do off the books type of missions etc.  This to me felt a bit that way inclined, as Kilbride kept trying to do things without telling them first.  

The shootout at the end seemed out of whack with the rest of the episode, as if they had run over time and needed to wrap it up fast.  It was bizarre how the son just up and died with no reason known.  

Seriously though, I really want to go back to the calm and in control Nell.  The one that was being trained by Hetty to become a Hetty-like character.  I really dislike who she is becoming and she was always one of my favourites.  I miss the Nellverine.  Her clothes and her actions are ridiculous.  They need to stop dressing her like a marshmallow that has been dipped in ridiculous different food colourings! 

And Hetty, I thought they advertised she was back this week?  Did I imagine that?  (I may have as I was quite sleep deprived at times last week)  

• Love 4

The show has been kind of I don’t know I guess boring for awhile now.    What it needs to do is wrap up its major plot points with the main cast and then end.

I have my own ideas how I want each character and the show to end but it is getting long in the tooth.  

This episode was just the gang chasing after the Admiral and reacting when things went sideways as he yelled at the clouds.   

• Love 5

Good grief, I didn't think the episodes could get worse. Wrong! What was this mess? It opens with Sam suggesting Callen use a dating app. Are you freakin' kidding me!! Sam wants an NCIS Special Agent to use a dating app? Seriously, could it get any worse? Yep. The admiral refuses to share details with NCIS--when their job is to investigate, literally. How did the admiral find Conklin so fast? Why was Concklin undressed (not so the admiral could wear his clothes)? Why can't Deeks act like an adult? Who was trying to kill Conklin and why didn' they pursue him? Are the writers saying that 2 soaking wet agents and a man in zip ties and underwear can outrun 2 healthy men who don't have a scratch on them? Why was Conklin even IN the episode (the admiral could have just pretended to be him without us ever seeing him)? My guess--they wanted a scene of Densi jumping off a balcony into a pool. Where did the bad guys get the mug shots of Callen & Sam? Why was Adan even involved in this crime? He was a rich idiot. And then he dies and no one's watching the interrogation room? Are they having kids write these episodes? I can't believe they would put their names on this crap. And they get to the golf course where a bad gal is holding a gun to the head of a naval intelligence officer and they DON'T shoot her even though Kensi has a shot? Because . . . they need a few more one-liners from the admiral. OMG, what a joke this series has become.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, 123BP said:

Good grief, I didn't think the episodes could get worse. Wrong! What was this mess? It opens with Sam suggesting Callen use a dating app. Are you freakin' kidding me!! Sam wants an NCIS Special Agent to use a dating app? Seriously, could it get any worse? Yep. The admiral refuses to share details with NCIS--when their job is to investigate, literally. How did the admiral find Conklin so fast? Why was Concklin undressed (not so the admiral could wear his clothes)? Why can't Deeks act like an adult? Who was trying to kill Conklin and why didn' they pursue him? Are the writers saying that 2 soaking wet agents and a man in zip ties and underwear can outrun 2 healthy men who don't have a scratch on them? Why was Conklin even IN the episode (the admiral could have just pretended to be him without us ever seeing him)? My guess--they wanted a scene of Densi jumping off a balcony into a pool. Where did the bad guys get the mug shots of Callen & Sam? Why was Adan even involved in this crime? He was a rich idiot. And then he dies and no one's watching the interrogation room? Are they having kids write these episodes? I can't believe they would put their names on this crap. And they get to the golf course where a bad gal is holding a gun to the head of a naval intelligence officer and they DON'T shoot her even though Kensi has a shot? Because . . . they need a few more one-liners from the admiral. OMG, what a joke this series has become.

ALL OF THIS ↑

Edited by preeya
  • Love 3

I don't dislike Deeks, but if he doesn't grow up, can he just go away? That whole bit in the hotel wasn't funny, it was like he was some oversized 12 yr. old. And they throw an adult male, who's hogtied & doesn't swim, off a balcony into a pool from several stories up. Why not just take care of the two guys at the door? Kensi and Deeks have "handled" two guys with guns before. This time they can't? The episode didn't make sense, the characters were boring (and died for no reason), and Kilbride got old quick (not in age). It didn't just jump the shark, it jumped the shark and ate it. And whatever's going on with Nell's wardrobe is the least of their problems.

Edited by ymeagain
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, anna0852 said:

What is up with Nell's wardrobe though?!

I know.  

And was it just me but it’s almost like Nell and Beale aren’t even shooting the scenes at the same time.  🤷‍♀️

• Love 2

I haven't liked Deeks since the first season he was introduced. As all of you have said, he acts like a 12-year-old ALL THE TIME! I guess the writers think it's charming or quirky or endearing or something. But all it is is annoying.

And Nell's wardrobe is just hideous! I don't know if Renee has gained weight or what, but even if she has, there MUST be better clothes for her than what she wears! 

• Love 1
On 10/14/2019 at 11:07 PM, 123BP said:

So, if we're going to talk about clothes, does Kensi wear leggings every day? 

I see in previews for the next episode she's wearing torn jeans. Does that seem like something an NCIS agent would wear if she's not on an undercover assignment? And, yea, Nell's outfits are not flattering.

12 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Then they turned him into a doofus.  Only in season 5 did he get some better material.

But now...feel free to kill him off.

He is pretty much a doofus, and Kensi just sort of tolerates him lately. I'm okay with killing him off.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, kassygreene said:

TheFutonCritic.com tells me "Hail Mary" was the 26th episode of season 10 (i.e. #LA1026).  So yes, a filler episode that theoretically plugs in anywhere.  The fact that these filler episodes never fit in anywhere (see the "bonus" episodes of Lucifer season 3) is a lesson that seems to be unlearnable in SoCal.

What's weird is that Sam mentioned Eliana, so they already had that storyline, but they didn't know that Barrett was going to be in the play in St. Louis? I wonder when he let them know that he was "unavailable" at the start of the season.

The first (Decoy) and third (Hail Mary) episodes of this season were filmed at the end of season 10.  NCIS Los Angeles has done this kind of production scheduling before (and so has JAG).  So Barrett's availability is based on filming done last April (at the end of shooting for season 10), not July (the beginning of shooting for season 11).  And he wouldn't have let them know he was unavailable; if he was under contract (I assume he is), he would have negotiated the time. 

"Letting" the show know about unavailability is something that happens with issues that can't be re-scheduled, like pregnancy (DR), serious/terminal illness (Miguel Ferrar, Linda Hunt), funerals, arrests, and so on.

• Love 1
On 10/18/2019 at 1:47 AM, kassygreene said:

The first (Decoy) and third (Hail Mary) episodes of this season were filmed at the end of season 10.  NCIS Los Angeles has done this kind of production scheduling before (and so has JAG).  So Barrett's availability is based on filming done last April (at the end of shooting for season 10), not July (the beginning of shooting for season 11).  And he wouldn't have let them know he was unavailable; if he was under contract (I assume he is), he would have negotiated the time. 

"Letting" the show know about unavailability is something that happens with issues that can't be re-scheduled, like pregnancy (DR), serious/terminal illness (Miguel Ferrar, Linda Hunt), funerals, arrests, and so on.

Knew about the episodes filmed at the end of last season, but because they were under contract when S10 ended (not like when S9 ended), you'd think they'd have known Foa wouldn't be around and they would have just have kept him out of this episode. No big deal. Forgotten that episode already.

It's time for this show to end. All their biggest storylines (Densi, Callen's identity) have peaked. The newer material is boring, ridiculous, or stupid. They should end the show with Deeks and Kensi leaving NCIS and whatever for Callen, Sam, and the others.