Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, writerwoman said:

Oh lord, if Layla ever said “ass,” she’d probably be sent to fundie baby training camp. It’d be hilarious, but I bet that’d never make the ‘gram, or YouTube! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oh I think it would, and if the camera wasn’t handy (as if!!!) they would grab it and have her say it again. They’ve done it before, “What did you say?”…..

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 4

Doesn't seem like they're going skiing? While Josie has been going on about how much packing they've done and even Trace/Lydia have mentioned packing, not a word from C/E. They jumped on IG today with like nothing to say - I feel like if they were going skiing, they would've gone about how many errands they still need to run and how they need to get to the airport at 3 am or whatever.

But they did take the opportunity to go on and on about how much Evan wants a Tesla bc Elon has SLASHED prices. Yep jobless people should def be buying a 43k car bc it's a HUGE deal on a car that was 45k - the price of the cheapest one has only dropped 2k to 43k, though I guess w/ the tax credit it comes out more like 37k so WOW time to buy. I mean Carlin even "joked" it's God's will 🙄. Guaranteed they're getting one this year . . . .

And I know I'm being a bitch but taking Layla to a cardiologist now - 3 yrs in - when they're struggling for YT content doesn't make me feel like OMG SUCH RESPONSIBLE PARENTS. I mean we know they haven't taken her in in 3 yrs bc - they can't take a piss without telling us + they are "hoping" her heart has healed itself. If they had been going in yearly or whatever, they wouldn't be looking for a YES/NO decision, they'd know whether the hole has been closing or not. And BTW Evan is sitting in the waiting room filling out forms. Yeah they could be "update us" forms but often once you are an established patient - you just tell them what's been going on in the last six months or year - not on a form; I'm willing to bet they are "new patient" forms.

And BTW buy your kids some COLORFUL toys. I mean the way their kids play with the dr office toys is just sad?!

Edited by cereality
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Applause 6

Layla is at her cardiologist appointment, glad they made it. Carlin can drag her feet all she wants with her in hospital EEG, she’s an adult. Layla needs to make all her appointments no matter how well she looks. I had my doubts and I’m delighted they proved me wrong.

Since when is 10% to 20% off considered slashing prices? Evan is such a diva. Complaining about the amount of time he spends driving Carlin around and using it to justify buying a car they don’t need. They have a three row SUV and only two kids. They won’t get similar space in a Tesla. 

There are so many people in similar circumstances due to heath issues who do not have transportation. They somehow manage with public transportation or Uber/Lift. C&E need to count their blessings, be grateful for the privileged life they lead, and quit being whiny little bitches about their lot in life. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 2

I feel like Evan only wants a Tesla because Travis has one, but unlike Travis, he doesn't have a rich dad. And given the precarious state of the economy and what's going on with the national debt, I wouldn't go crazy with the spending. Many experts are predicting a recession and if that happens, the Boutique's income will plummet. Zach is already back to picking up shifts as a deputy, so it can't be going all that well as it is. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
33 minutes ago, SMama said:

Carlin posted to IG with Layla and Zade. She captioned one pic “where I want to be.” Someone has a serious case of FOMO and pretending otherwise. 

I think FOMO goes for Evan as well. See: Tesla that his brother-in-law has, so he wants one too. 

I agree the Stews would have gone if they could grift it or had the cash of their own. 

• Like 8

C&E are adulting, they took Layla to the pediatrician Monday for her back pain (fans commented it could be an UTI), and even followed through with X-rays and bloodwork. Everything was normal and the recommendation was to see a chiropractor.  I would cut down on time in the carseat and buy top of the line carseat. I doubt C&E would spend $400+ on a carseat, but I have no regrets. 

And just as I was thinking there may be some semblance of maturity they made sure there's no doubt as to how stupid they can be. They were doing the let's see who Zade crawls to (hate those videos, find them cruel) and of course Layla wanted in on the fun. She scooted up and Carlin pulled her back and told her she was cheating. Then as Zade seemed to change course towards Evan, Layla scooted up again and he dragged her back and told her she was cheating.  In his toddler like excitement Evan ignored Layla who was crying after being rebuked by both imbecile parents.  C&E are so damn competitive that making their kid cry is fair game.  

I found it interesting that they were at the same marriage retreat as Josie and Kelton. No acknowledgement by either couple. If it was any other couple there would have been selfies and posting about being there with their besties. Bates family dynamics are certainly complicated. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

I imagine it's a BAD weekend - and week to come - at the C/E home. They spent all week adulting - taking kids to drs appts plus Carlin had one too. They bitch about these things as if other parents don't take their kids to necessary appointments constantly. And then no ski trip?? Yeah finances are a concern. This trip is not free anymore, and with their YT hits down significantly, ALL retail sales down everywhere for apparel and BSB having inventory stacked to the ceiling - safe to say not that much cash is rolling in to take care of the mortgage, utilities, groceries, gas, and health insurance they now have to buy themselves plus all the dr copays and meds, let alone cash for a ski trip where they have to pay for 3 flights + pay some % of the house + buy groceries or order out for a few meals that'll feed 20 people + rent an SUV in Colo which is never cheap in tourist towns/buy gas for that SUV + pay for lift tickets for any day they want to ski.

Things have tightened for Gil/Kelly now that UPTV is gone with its freebies. I mean at their tacky/cheap I Love You Day weekend last yr, for the final hang out at home- they asked their married kids to pick up snacks. Carlin/Evan ran into Dollar General for off brand chips or whatever. But that's still cheaper than having to feed even 1 lunch and 1 dinner to 20 people on a ski trip - like even ground beef with pasta and jarred sauce or lunch meat and rolls and sandwich fixings or ordering out pizzas for that many adds up.

Everyone else is really quiet on IG right now, which likely means today was the travel day. Lydia posted a pic of her and Trace and Warden on the flight mid day and Tiff posted a pic of being out at 4 am to find their car covered in snow - which I took to mean they were headed to the airport.

As more pics roll in, C/E are gonna be PISSED that they're missing out. But hey maybe get yourselves a REAL JOB, since you don't have Trav's daddy paying your way?

I will say for as much as Katie/Trav also do nothing all day, they don't seem as comparative and jealous as Carlin/Evan. Maybe it's bc they have money and thus get to do whatever they want, so that when they do miss a trip that everyone is going on it's - eh so what we were in Dallas last week, and have been to Mexico 3x in 12 mos, and oh yeah then there was the Broadway show we got to see in NYC a week prior. Actually Alyssa/John, Chad/Erin, Brandon/Michael, Bobby/Tori aren't going on the ski trip [well John is] and in general they skip a lot of family stuff and they don't strike me as being jealous either. Might just be that they're all "content" or at least "accepting" with the place they're in with their families and financially -- seems like that for Bobby/Tori and Brandon/Michael. Plus Alyssa, John, Chad, Brandon don't even seem like they want to spend time with family for any extended period of time so they may not even be jealous of missing ski trips or beach trips or whatever. In fact it's happened before that Gil/Kelly have taken a trip just to take their kids at home to the beach in Fla and the ONLY married couple that tags along is Carlin/Evan.

*If they mentioned a possible UTI they SO read Reddit- bc ppl were all over Reddit last weekend saying - take her to the dr, back pain in a kid can be a UTI. Though we know she reads Reddit anyway bc one time she posted a screenshot on her phone and oops the Bringing Up Bates Reddit window was visible lol.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 6

I remember in previous years Erin and Alyssa didn't want to ski, so they probably don't feel like they're missing out. Traveling with a horde of small children is stressful in the best of circumstances, so even if finances weren't an issue, I can see them (and Tori) being more than happy to nope out. 

I don't think Gil and Kelly are unreasonable with the expectation that the adult kids chip in for lodgings and meals, but like cereality just mentioned, that's not cheap when you're talking nearly 20 people. Grocery prices are high as it is, and they'll be even more jacked up in a resort town during the heavy tourist season. I vacationed in Cape Cod last summer and an order of fried clams at a little beach shack was $30. The Bateses are used to living off Ramen and PB&J, but Kelton, Tiffany and Esther seem like they like to eat real food, so I wonder how that'll go...

I saw Carlin's post about the marriage retreat and didn't realize Josie attended as well. Odd that the two couples go to the same church yet don't interact. I get that sitting together would be hard if you're arriving at different times, but you don't even see the odd "Look who we ran into at Wednesday service!" picture afterwards in the lobby or anything. Not only are those two not close, but it seems like they actively dislike each other. 

• Like 7

They do attend a fairly large church. If they don't stay for fellowship after the services, I could see them totally missing each other. But wouldn't Willow and Layla be in the same Sunday School class? Carlin and Josie must run into each other as they drop off the kids. I don't see how they could avoid one another. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I saw Carlin's post about the marriage retreat and didn't realize Josie attended as well. Odd that the two couples go to the same church yet don't interact. I get that sitting together would be hard if you're arriving at different times, but you don't even see the odd "Look who we ran into at Wednesday service!" picture afterwards in the lobby or anything. Not only are those two not close, but it seems like they actively dislike each other. 

I wonder if Carlin embarrasses some of her siblings. I know that if my sister (I have one) acted like Carlin in public -- the endless drama, the photoshoots in Target, the gaping maw, the fake illnesses -- I'd be pretty discomfited. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

Totally agree that it's fine for Gil/Kelly to ask the age 18+ kids to chip in for lodging and a few meals. After all given how many people opt out of this trip each year, clearly no one is required or even guilted into going, so if you don't want to/can't chip in -- don't go.

It must be weird for these kids to go from "vacationing large" on UPTV's dime back to pre UPTV life with 18 kids. Though the marrieds all remember that life so it's not like they can't educate their spouses and directly tell them that certain types of recipes are "unnecessary" for this trip, since they'll be paying. Sure Tiff is always making fish and asparagus spears and fruit salads at home, but I can see Law being like your chicken soup is fantastic, how about that for lunch one or two days; throw in a couple french breads and you have a meal that stretches the meat without serving an individual piece of fish/chicken/beef to 20 ppl. IIRC last year Esther made casseroles and Kelton grilled burgers. No need to worry about Kelton - he is super obvious even in his own home re how much $ he'll spend on the Bates. Constantly showing whatever expensive cuts of beef he is prepping for his family, yet every time they've done a party at their home for the Bates -it's chicken and maybe one side.

I have to imagine on top of the expenses for flights + sharing the house, Carlin/Evan are probably majorly put off by having to put together a meal or two - bc they simply don't do that. I mean I think while pregnant [or maybe just after] Carlin was told by a dr to eat better - this is when she was going to Sonic 2x/day - this woman would show off a turkey sandwich and apple slices as if she just made a 5 course dinner from scratch. Frankly even now when she gets criticized by "fans" for not taking care of herself - yep turkey sandwich and apple slice time.

Yet if you're putting out lunch for people, you can't exactly toss out a few white breads, a few packages of turkey and a bottle of mustard even if that's what you'd eat. Other people will expect a few bread/roll options, a few types of meat, you actually chopping up some lettuce/tomato/onions, condiments, a few types of chips, cases of soda/iced tea, maybe some store bought cookies or something for dessert.

It seems like Josie/Carlin have some beef beyond just - we have nothing in common/move in different circles. I mean it's a mega church and they're very different people, so it's fine that they have their own friends, but we've never seen them sitting next to each other or even chatting in the parking lot even once even they all attend 2x/wk + mens/womens/marriage seminars + Sunday school despite their obnoxious number of videos from church. I mean in NONE of those times has it ever happened that you and your sisters family walk in at the same time, or there's an open seat by your sister so you sit? Usually when it's something simple like - we have different friends, people still pretend to care about each other bc of the cousins. That's when you get the awkward scene leaving church where you go say hi to your sister so the kids can "play" for 5 min as you tell your sister her dress is so great and the brothers in law awkwardly talk about - man traffic here was so bad this morning and have you seen gas prices lately - to be followed by ok Willow, give cousin Layla a hug goodbye bc we have to go. 

The ONLY time we've seen them anywhere close to each other at church is when Katie is in attendance bc as much as Katie tries to follow the "rule" of only sitting with whomever invited her - usually Layla or Willow run to her to say hi and their mom has to take a pic with aunt Katie which'll often show her sister or BIL sitting in the same row. 

Hasn't Carlin had more than one episode at church? There was one on surveillance camera but I think there was at least one other. Evan has always gone on about how the church ladies were helping him, people were watching the kids, so he could go get the car. Uh your FREAKING SIL and BIL go to the same church and are ALWAYS in attendance . . . what is up with this relationship that they wouldn't come over and be like OMG here let me grab the kids or give me the keys, I'll go move your car to the curb or whatever??

• Like 7
47 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Katie just said she wants Carlin in the delivery room when she gives birth. Will she go to NJ alone, or will the entire Stew Crew accompany her?

Why would she want Carlin the attention hog with her? That's so weird -- unless Carlin talked her into it so they have film-worthy plots. 

Of course, all the Stews will go. Queue the freaking attention whoring now! Packing. Driving to the airport. The airport. The plane. Driving to Katie's house. Tesla Tesla Tesla. OMG, is Katie in labor? Is she or is she not? OMG, Katie is finally in labor! Drama drama drama! The baby! OMG, time to go home! Carlin can't stand to leave Katie! Driving to the airport. The airport. The plane. Driving home. Carlin is soooooooooo tired now! "Episodes." OMG OMG OMG. 

How did I do? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 13

I'm not sure how old Layla is right now, but I watched their YouTube. Carlin admitting that Layla's still not potty trained, etc. Maybe if Carline stayed home and had some sort of daily schedule, the girl would be trained by now. She certainly can speak and communicate..so she should be trained by now. Re: her back pain, I admit may be due to too much time in the car seat...once again, these two idiot parents need to be HOME...(well, actually, Evan should be at work; Carln needs to spend time at home, the kids need real MEALS, home cooking, and regular nap times. I still think Carlin's episodes are due to anxiety and her not being able to cope with adult life and responsibilities...all which they have brought on themselves; marriage, babies, house purchase, etc. all too quickly.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, Heathen said:

Why would she want Carlin the attention hog with her? That's so weird -- unless Carlin talked her into it so they have film-worthy plots. 

Of course, all the Stews will go. Queue the freaking attention whoring now! Packing. Driving to the airport. The airport. The plane. Driving to Katie's house. Tesla Tesla Tesla. OMG, is Katie in labor? Is she or is she not? OMG, Katie is finally in labor! Drama drama drama! The baby! OMG, time to go home! Carlin can't stand to leave Katie! Driving to the airport. The airport. The plane. Driving home. Carlin is soooooooooo tired now! "Episodes." OMG OMG OMG. 

How did I do? 

Great recap in advance. Carlin can’t be without Evan for more than 5 minutes so of course they’re all going to NJ. Maybe Trav will convince Katie that this plan is not workable. While Katie is certainly comfortable with tons of family around all the time, he might not be. How much help will Carlin be when she’s still useless or weak or sleepy so much? We know KJ is never around except for a picture so she’s no help either. 

• Like 6

Not only is Carlin going to be in the delivery room but Katie said she talked her sister into staying for two weeks. So yeah, there's now way Evan is going to solo parent his children for longer than a day. I don't see the benefit of having Carlin in the delivery room. The woman who can pass out at any moment without warning. The same person who after having two freaking kids blabs (along with Evan) about being new at parenting whenever common sense is involved in problem solving. 

I thought that C&E have been working "so hard" at the boutique because they are inundated with orders. But in a few weeks they are going to be able to take two weeks off to do nothing but get in the way in New Jersey? Whitney and Zach must be thrilled at the prospect of running the business by themselves for two weeks.  

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 2

Carlin is the last person I would want in the delivery room. She has to be the center of attention in every situation and Katie should be the focus in the delivery room. Since Carlin can't even manage her own home and family, I don't see how she would be much help post natal either. But it's up to Katie. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 12

I totally get sibling relationships can change over time. Becoming closer to one over another depending on interests, location, stages of life, etc. But the Bates sisters' relationships, with all their BFFness, seem more like mean girl antics. It seems to me they lean really hard into relationships that might make others jealous.

• Like 12

Two weeks?! I wonder are they driving or flying? Because if it's the former, I assume they're bringing the dog with them. So post-partum Katie will be dealing with two adults, a baby, toddler and two dogs on top of her own newborn. I understand she's nervous as a first-time mom, and wants the reassurance of family, but her go-to for that one should be Mrs. Clark and Michael, not dingbat Carlin who's only using this as an excuse to get out of work. And I agree, SMama, Zach and Whit must be positively thrilled that their partners are bailing for yet another vacation. After C&E just spent what, a week in Nashville for the holidays? But hey, I'm sure Evan will log into the computer to post a couple promotional pics and Carlin will spend five minutes sourcing new merch while they're gone...

• Like 6

Carlin, you are sneaky, kudos on throwing a curve ball. Carlin is going to have a chill Sunday and between morning and evening church services her plan is to take a nap. Evan seemed snarky about it, making me wonder if he's getting tired of being Carlin's caretaker.  So there it is, The Stew Crew was in bad need of napping and could not accommodate a week filled with skiing, fellowship, snow play, going out to eat, and staying up late partying.  I was so wrong about the bad case of FOMO. NOT!

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Is Katie having a planned induction because of clotting issues? I forget if she has them, but I assume she has at least one. Perhaps the Stew Crew is driving to NJ if they know the planned delivery date but I will not be surprised if they leave late/get stuck in traffic/hit bad weather. 

• Wink 2
  • Useful 2

2 weeks??! The only people who should stay 2 weeks post delivery with any new parents should be those who will take care of the new parents and the baby. You know - they'll cook a meal nightly w enough leftovers for lunch and clean up after; run to the grocery store as needed; in the last couple days there they'll do a big grocery run and cook a few freezer meals so that when the new parents have a hellish week, they can just be like - let's just defrost that chicken dish or lasagna your sister made. And/or they'll take the baby immediately after mom is done breastfeeding and say ok she won't need to eat for a while, I'll change her diaper as needed - you go take a shower or nap before the next feed. In this family the ONLY person who fits the bill is Michaela. Not Kelly and CERTAINLY not Carlin.

I mean Carlin can't manage her own kids and home, she and Evan are gonna manage someone else's?? These are the clingy guests who at 9 am after Katie hasn't slept all night will be like -- hmmm we're in the mood for pancakes and expect Katie to make them and/or make them themselves while dirtying every dish in the house and leaving it. Or at 6 pm be like hmm what's for dinner and if Trav/Katie gently suggests maybe they handle dinner - Chick Fil A - all around with Evan borrowing the Tesla to go get it. Frankly Evan will be thinking up useless errands all day on the expectation that he can drive the Tesla - since Trav has let him drive it before, so expect NJ to be a whirlwind of taking Carlin to Sbux, nail salons, CFA, back to Sbux . . . as Katie and Trav wonder if they'll ever get any help beyond Sbux and CFA brought to them.

I mean this is the woman who thought a post partum diet of Sonic corn dogs and convenient stores snacks was a GREAT idea?? And is the daughter of the family who showed up at her baby shower at the Clarks' before the party, brought a pizza FOR THEMSELVES and proceeded to chow down, while Mrs. Clark ran around finishing up food prep, setting out the food, getting ready for guests. Oh wait no G&K think they helped bc they volunteered Addie to help Mrs. Clark - no offense to Addie but when adults are looking for help whether with meals, post medical procedure/birth, whatever - it isn't in the form of a 16 yr old building a balloon arch.

Though I would be willing to bet either Addie/Ellie will be on this trip - to watch Carlin/Evans kids, plus Jeb/Jud if G&K bring them; at least G&K only stay a day or two - take their pics and peace out. I mean Alyssa's freaking heart surgery didn't compel them to stay, help, cook for her etc. - certainly grandkid number 6000 won't. But yeah IDK if Katie/Trav understand what it's like to be new parents, w the mom leaking and bleeding all over - and you have loud ass Carlin + Evan, their freaking feral kids, dog, G&K, and feral Jeb/Jud at your house?!

• Like 5
  • Applause 5

The FOMO is going to be REAL as pics are starting to get posted. While they aren't staying in a ski in/ski out house right on the mountain, they also aren't staying in a non descript suburban house 45 min from skiing like last yr. It's very much a cabin in/near the ski town with the mountain views visible from the house and its huge balconies. Trace/Jackson/Law playing pool at the house etc. Just means that they had to contribute some $$ to get this house - which explains even more why C/E had to sit out.

Are Addie or Ellie courting? Esther posted a pic of game night and there's def a guy sitting at the table next to either Addie or Ellie [can't tell from the back of the head which it is] who we haven't seem before; he's got Lydia sitting beside him on the other side but I don't think it's Lydia's brother who looks like a model. Same with the girls side - breakfast this morning appeared to be Josie; Lydia; prob a girl who is Jackson's gf; and then another girl I haven't seen before. Are Warden or Isiah with someone? Though last yr Josie weirdly brought a friend/someone from her business on this trip - prob bc she, that girl and Lydia are all besties - so maybe it's something like that again? 

Gotta say if I'm Tiff I'm glad to not be there. Josie seems like the leader of the mean girl pack and I can see when her and Lydia are together - totally ignoring or talking down to Tiff; whether Jackson's gf is in their squad or not, you know they'll play nice with her bc that's what this family does to get people married off. Plus not to be rude but that's a standard white girl so I imagine the attitude towards her differs anyway. Though can't say that it bodes well for Law/Tiff's marriage that they're only in yr one of marriage and she doesn't even go on one family trip with him. I mean I get it they can always play the - too cold for a Cali girl - card, but we all know it's bc of deeper issues fitting into that family in addition to her roommate like marriage with Law.

• Like 7
10 hours ago, cereality said:

The FOMO is going to be REAL as pics are starting to get posted. While they aren't staying in a ski in/ski out house right on the mountain, they also aren't staying in a non descript suburban house 45 min from skiing like last yr. It's very much a cabin in/near the ski town with the mountain views visible from the house and its huge balconies. Trace/Jackson/Law playing pool at the house etc. Just means that they had to contribute some $$ to get this house - which explains even more why C/E had to sit out.

Are Addie or Ellie courting? Esther posted a pic of game night and there's def a guy sitting at the table next to either Addie or Ellie [can't tell from the back of the head which it is] who we haven't seem before; he's got Lydia sitting beside him on the other side but I don't think it's Lydia's brother who looks like a model. Same with the girls side - breakfast this morning appeared to be Josie; Lydia; prob a girl who is Jackson's gf; and then another girl I haven't seen before. Are Warden or Isiah with someone? Though last yr Josie weirdly brought a friend/someone from her business on this trip - prob bc she, that girl and Lydia are all besties - so maybe it's something like that again? 

Gotta say if I'm Tiff I'm glad to not be there. Josie seems like the leader of the mean girl pack and I can see when her and Lydia are together - totally ignoring or talking down to Tiff; whether Jackson's gf is in their squad or not, you know they'll play nice with her bc that's what this family does to get people married off. Plus not to be rude but that's a standard white girl so I imagine the attitude towards her differs anyway. Though can't say that it bodes well for Law/Tiff's marriage that they're only in yr one of marriage and she doesn't even go on one family trip with him. I mean I get it they can always play the - too cold for a Cali girl - card, but we all know it's bc of deeper issues fitting into that family in addition to her roommate like marriage with Law.

So far I’m just seeing a lot of card playing and pool games, which they can mostly do at home, where they also get snow. What is it with these people and their late night card games that makes them think they’re wildin out? 🙄 I also think Tiff made the right call. You know how you go home for the holidays and get the “when are you having babies?” question? Imagine how often she gets it.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Josie posted as they are driving to the slopes. Let the FOMO begin…

I think yesterday they were just chilling from their early morning traveling. Totally agree that I don’t get why playing card games until late at night ranks as high as girls gone wild for fundies.  

Edited by SMama
  • LOL 6

Layla wants pink for her birthday, she asked for pink earrings, and something else I didn’t understand. Go Layla go, be the resistance against your Mama’s boring white aesthetic. 

Why are they planning Layla’s birthday now? It’s not like they could forget the date. Poor Layla was trying to get Evan’s attention (IG) but he was more interested in his phone. It makes me sad because Layla is at such a fun stage, she has had a speech burst and is all kinds of funny. Idiot Evan actually moved away from her. Why have kids?

• Like 3
  • Sad 10

Gotta flip the attention away from skiing back to themselves so they had a photographer came in to take lovey dovey pics w Carlin sitting on the kitchen counter and Evan kissing her neck?!

Yet IRL you can tell things aren’t as lovey as they used to be. Multiple times at Christmas it clearly looked like ever had been fighting or annoyed w each other when they turned cameras on; and even yesterday on the way home from church Evan seemed snarky that C was going to nap.

I mean these idiots just rushed into things they weren’t ready for bc that’s what’s expected + can’t fall behind the siblings. They would’ve been better offer waiting until they were in their 30s to have kids but nope had to make a honeymoon baby at 22 and 25. They would’ve been better off renting an apartment until it was time to have kids at 30 but nope had to buy at the peak of the market bc omg we’ll never get a house - cue hysterical tears - Trav has a house, Alyssa got a mansion omg what if we don’t??!

• Like 11
26 minutes ago, cereality said:

Gotta flip the attention away from skiing back to themselves so they had a photographer came in to take lovey dovey pics w Carlin sitting on the kitchen counter and Evan kissing her neck?!

Yet IRL you can tell things aren’t as lovey as they used to be. Multiple times at Christmas it clearly looked like ever had been fighting or annoyed w each other when they turned cameras on; and even yesterday on the way home from church Evan seemed snarky that C was going to nap.

I mean these idiots just rushed into things they weren’t ready for bc that’s what’s expected + can’t fall behind the siblings. They would’ve been better offer waiting until they were in their 30s to have kids but nope had to make a honeymoon baby at 22 and 25. They would’ve been better off renting an apartment until it was time to have kids at 30 but nope had to buy at the peak of the market bc omg we’ll never get a house - cue hysterical tears - Trav has a house, Alyssa got a mansion omg what if we don’t??!

I just saw that on Reddit. They're pathetic. If they were any more fake, posed, or attention-seeking, they'd be Kardashians. 

• Like 10
2 hours ago, SMama said:

Why are they planning Layla’s birthday now? It’s not like they could forget the date. Poor Layla was trying to get Evan’s attention (IG) but he was more interested in his phone. 

I noticed she had a bag of chips in hand, per usual. I think the poor kid lives off those things. 

• Sad 9
9 hours ago, cereality said:

I didn’t notice the possible discord but unless the kids are on camera I tend to tune C&E out, they are way too much for me at times.

I’m glad you noticed Evan’s passive aggressive snark about Carlin taking a nap. Leisure Boy thought he was going to quit his job and live la vida loca. Nothing but fun, more reels to post than he could handle.

What the dumbass failed to take into account is that a toddler and an infant, any kid, requires a lot of work and attention. Add a wife with health issues, that takes more work. 

Evan probably wasn’t one of the bros at work, but for five years he had structure with work and school.  Prior to that he worked full time at some medical facility. Dude has to be missing those days.  

Zach is picking up shifts with the Sheriff’s department. Maybe it’s time for Evan to do same. Except that Evan quit before establishing himself with an employer. 

Evan, you chose the grifting ways of Gil. Man up and don’t take it out on your innocent babies. Pay attention to them, they depend on you and Carlin.

Freaking morons.  

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
On 1/23/2023 at 4:38 AM, Salacious Kitty said:

The 4th girl in Lydia's pics is one of the sisters who was tutoring the Bates kids last year. She's rumored to be with Warden. Her sister has been seen at functions with Jason Duggar. 

Why doesn’t Kelly tutor her kids? Poor kids would be better off at a public school. 

• Like 9
4 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

Why doesn’t Kelly tutor her kids? Poor kids would be better off at a public school. 

For the same reason she doesn’t parent her kids? 🤷‍♀️

• Like 8
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I know SM is only moments in time, but it seems to me Kelly and Gil are barely in the same place at the same time anymore.

And then there's Carlin and Evan, attached at the hip.

Gil is not in Colorado?

On 1/24/2023 at 8:14 AM, SMama said:

Evan, you chose the grifting ways of Gil. Man up and don’t take it out on your innocent babies. Pay attention to them, they depend on you and Carlin.

Freaking morons.  

Those poor kids.  These two aren't anywhere near adulthood themselves and they have two kids.  I don't wish ill on anyone, but I have seen far too many news stories where something horrible happens with a couple and when their social media is examined, there are constant pictures of them insisting they are happy and in love.  I suspect financial reality is hitting for these two.  Leisure boy needs to go back to work and Carlin needs to grow up and raise her kids.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

C&E must be exhausted, they are spending one on one time with Layla. There’s a cute reel of Layla having breakfast not at home, scrambled eggs and some fruit. The parents must be patting themselves on the back for such stellar parenting. Critics will have to shut up because that little reel proves C&E are paragons of parental virtue. 😜

They couldn’t scrambled two eggs and cut fruit at home? I am cheap, there’s no way I’d pay for that breakfast when it can be put together in two minutes, including a side of toast/bagel/croissant. Eggs Benedict and made to order omelets are OK to go out for every now and then though. Layla is lucky she does not live with us because she’d be bored eating at home. 😂

• Like 7
29 minutes ago, SMama said:

C&E must be exhausted, they are spending one on one time with Layla. There’s a cute reel of Layla having breakfast not at home, scrambled eggs and some fruit. The parents must be patting themselves on the back for such stellar parenting. Critics will have to shut up because that little reel proves C&E are paragons of parental virtue. 😜

They couldn’t scrambled two eggs and cut fruit at home? I am cheap, there’s no way I’d pay for that breakfast when it can be put together in two minutes, including a side of toast/bagel/croissant. Eggs Benedict and made to order omelets are OK to go out for every now and then though. Layla is lucky she does not live with us because she’d be bored eating at home. 😂

Layla would probably love to eat at home.  I find that kids who are constantly dragged around hither,thither and yon by their parents and never get a homecooked meal tend to love the experience.

She'd probably be thrilled with some Cheerios in milk or a piece of peanut butter toast.

• Like 12

I still don't know how these two are paying the bills. I agree that they are two immature people and act like they are college freshmen. Agreed that there is no way I would pay for such a breakfast out....scramble those eggs yourselves. Neither of them has a J.O.B which takes them out of the house at 7:30am daily. I read that Zach is picking up shifts at the Sheriffs' dept????that would equate to needing money. The boutique must not be doing as well as in the past. Which brings me to my first statement.

• Like 7

Unlike Zach, Evan never established a relationship with a real employer, so he'd have to find freelance work on his own. I say freelance since he has to be able to squeeze in those twice monthly visits to Nashville, not to mention two weeks off to drive his BIL's Tesla. 🙄

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

It's like when you snark about them, you need to spell out directions bc they're so dumb. C/E - eggs and toast has been mentioned here as a healthy food that you can feed your kid easily AT HOME. Doesn't mean that each time she goes to a restaurant, you can only order her eggs + toast to show what good parents you are caring about her nutrition. In fact since you all don't cook, maybe in restaurants you order her something HEALTHY that she can't get at home?

And since it's been referenced above - look out for Layla with Cheerios and also with peanut butter toast ASAP - bc OMG we're GREAT parents.

But either way, they obviously HAD TO go out to a sit down meal this week and post pics as you know they are seeing Josie/Trace/Lydia posting pics of their various restaurant brunches, steak dinners, coffee dates etc. Gotta show we're doing stuff too even though we're home. Also look out for 4 days of OMG we're SOOOO busy with Layla's bday. Though IDK what they'd be busy with since they don't throw her parties or anything - at least they didn't in the last 2 yrs [and we all know it wasn't pandemic caution].

Z/W said months ago that Z was working shifts at the sheriffs office - like when they bought their house and were renovating it; so it isn't even about recent inflation. And now with prices of all things higher and retail sales for all good like apparel down, yeah no way that "boutique" isn't hurting. Evan was short sighted in not establishing himself with an employer and thus leaving open the option of picking up hourly work; sure maybe he couldn't right when he graduated in May but IDK Carlin has been flittering about since late summer/early fall such that anyone with a shred of common sense would have taken that time to go back to work FT to gain a bit of experience and then after 6-12 mos full time, tried to drop down to part time/hourly work. But then these 2 making a sacrifice like that for 6-12 mos? Never. We'd have Carlin boo-hooing every morning at 6 am that Evan has to leave, plus Leisure Boy would be shocked that he can't just take 2 wks off per month to hang with Mommy and Daddy nor can he just run to NJ to drive Trav's Tesla.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 8