Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

41 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Well, fundies seem to be years behind the trends. And add the Stews' love for acquisition of new toys as status symbols. 

Plus the competition. It's always competition. NONE of the Bates siblings have a pool even those who have bigger homes and more land - ahem Z&W. They won this race bc not only did they get a pool but OMG a hot tub too and they got it first. Sure Z&W may put in a pool and hot tub but it'd be copycatting. K&T may get one down the road but I imagine it would be if/when they move back to NJ and NJ just isn't pool weather for as many months per yr compared to Tenn. 

I mean it must kill the Stews that they haven't won the house, vacation, or travel races with her siblings. Trav had a house pre marriage. Z&W have a bigger house. And Josie/Kelton have purchased land to build a house - which Evan used to talk about wanting to do as a damn STUDENT.

Sure Evan got the Tesla but Trav had one first. And sure they got a Jeep, but Z&W went out and got a 100k SUV and Katie has a new SUV too.

And vacations - while they party party with their pastor at Disney, Z&W are celebrating an anniversary in Hawaii and Josie/Kelton went to Italy for an anniversary and Law/Tiff travel non stop in the country and also in Europe.

But they got the dirty hot tub + unsafe pool dammit.

And BTW hasn't unsafe behavior already started? Carlin posted an IG the other day hawking some product as she was going from inside the house to the backyard. The kids were in the pool alone. Knowing she'd get criticism, she throws in oh Evan is sitting out here editing - doesn't show him and he's uncharacteristically quiet. So even if she wasn't lying and he was out there - he was sitting staring at a laptop? How much would he notice if one of the kids started having trouble and needed to be pulled out of the pool? He'd only notice if a kid yelled but not if it was like hmm the kid looks like he's breathing heavy/getting tired, ok enough pool time, time to get out.

And I still don't get why they treat this 4 and 2 yr old like they are college roommates. I've always said that when they toss them Doritos for a meal but now with this damn pool too. I mean they've had a few swim lessons so they are free to jump in the pool whenever? Don't care what the official pool safety rules are, I think with kids that little, they only go in the pool if you are in the pool WITH THEM or at minimum you are in swimwear sitting at the edge of the pool legs dangling in the water ready to swim up to them at any second.

• Angry 1
  • Applause 5

The rule I'm used to and I followed and my daughter also did is one adult per non-water safe child and must be within one arm length of the child.  It isn't considered safe to be sitting on the side of the pool until the children are water safe by passing a certain swim level usually in formal classes. I wouldn't trust Evan or Carlin to have a clue about teaching swimming and obviously they don't know what water safe means.

Red Cross minimum:

Ensure every member of your family learns to swim so they at least achieve skills of water competency: able to enter the water, get a breath, stay afloat, change position, swim a distance then get out of the water safely.

• Like 4
22 hours ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

Their talk of the hot tub is legit cracking me up. 

"Our pastor got one..." Yes, that's who I want to follow for luxury items - the freaking pastor of the church.

"Warden showed up so we got him to get in too."

"Katie can't wait to be able to get in it when she is not pregnant. We're going to party." Yes, because my idea of a party for Evan is him, his wife, his sister-in-law, and two brothers-in-law. All in a bowl of human soup - I mean hot tub. 

It’s hilarious because they truly have no clue how sad and pathetic they are. Derp!

13 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

I read too many mysteries and watch too much true crime.  My first thought when seeing this picture was it looked like someone was stabbed.  

Is that Evan? So much scalp, so little hair.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

The rule I'm used to and I followed and my daughter also did is one adult per non-water safe child and must be within one arm length of the child.  It isn't considered safe to be sitting on the side of the pool until the children are water safe by passing a certain swim level usually in formal classes. I wouldn't trust Evan or Carlin to have a clue about teaching swimming and obviously they don't know what water safe means.

Red Cross minimum:

And are Carlin and Evan even good swimmers themselves?

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, AstridM said:

It’s hilarious because they truly have no clue how sad and pathetic they are. Derp!

Is that Evan? So much scalp, so little hair.

It's the dorky haircut. 

35 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Honestly, I'd guess that they could keep themselves alive under good conditions (meaning no riptide, no whirlpool, no rapids), but who knows about their ability to save anyone else. I hope to dog we never have to find out. 

• Like 2

I'm sure Warden will have to come and maintenance the pool and hot tub for them.  

And what about making Katie, Travis and Hailey come over after dark to watch a movie while they sit in the hot tub even though Katie can't get it?  I was hoping they would say it was past Hailey's bedtime, but they went.  

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 5
(edited)
13 hours ago, Heathen said:

It's the dorky haircut

Yikes! And I thought he  looked idiotic from the front 😆

13 hours ago, Heathen said:

It's the dorky haircut. 

Honestly, I'd guess that they could keep themselves alive under good conditions (meaning no riptide, no whirlpool, no rapids), but who knows about their ability to save anyone else. I hope to dog we never have to find out. 

That’s about how I’d describe my level of skill in swimming. I could probably keep myself alive, but I don’t think I could safely save anyone else. They should take more lessons themselves!

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

I'm sure Warden will have to come and maintenance the pool and hot tub for them.  

And what about making Katie, Travis and Hailey come over after dark to watch a movie while they sit in the hot tub even though Katie can't get it?  I was hoping they would say it was past Hailey's bedtime, but they went.  

Katie is a grown woman who is 8 months pregnant and also has a toddler. There is no reason that she could not have told her sister "I am sorry we can't make it I am just too tired." No way can Carlin "make" Katie come over.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
15 hours ago, AstridM said:

I can't speak to Evan's abilities, but Carlin was shown swimming in lakes with her siblings. However, on the show (not the most reliable narrator), Erin and Whitney signed their oldest children up for swim lessons. I think Jeb and Jud went too. Erin mentioned her mother was scared about them swimming and they weren't signed up for classes and basically taught each other. 

On 9/8/2024 at 6:58 PM, GeeGolly said:

Doesn't the pastor and his wife have the house the with the big inground pool the Stewarts used to swim in?

Yep, that’s them. 

• Thanks 1
22 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Katie is a grown woman who is 8 months pregnant and also has a toddler. There is no reason that she could not have told her sister "I am sorry we can't make it I am just too tired." No way can Carlin "make" Katie come over.

Ok.  So "make" wasn't the right word to use.  In the video Carlin clearly stated that they had been trying to get together with Katie and Travis for the past 3 nights to watch a movie in the hot tub and she said, "It's 9:30 (p.m.) but they are on their way over and we are doing this, we are getting in the hot tub, watching a movie and being like teenagers again ...".   And Katie, Travis and Hailey showed up.  Then Warden showed up, so he got in the hot tub too and Carlin says, "We are officially the party house."  

• Sad 1
  • LOL 6
10 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

Ok.  So "make" wasn't the right word to use.  In the video Carlin clearly stated that they had been trying to get together with Katie and Travis for the past 3 nights to watch a movie in the hot tub and she said, "It's 9:30 (p.m.) but they are on their way over and we are doing this, we are getting in the hot tub, watching a movie and being like teenagers again ...".   And Katie, Travis and Hailey showed up.  Then Warden showed up, so he got in the hot tub too and Carlin says, "We are officially the party house."  

Katie has the maturity of a 14 year old who is highly influenced by whomever she is around. So when she was in NJ around inlaws who took parenting seriously - then yeah she and Trav were all about being home for Hailey's bedtime, heading home when it was time for her to nap, not going out at 10 pm bc they had a kid. You know just acting like parents. Now the inlaw influence is 600+ miles away and C&E are down the road so . . . party party. Now it's perfectly fine for Hailey to sleep anywhere in C&E's house bc K&T need to "act like teenagers" and party party. Some on Reddit noted that now you see Hailey getting her own giant ice cream cones all the time bc Katie has an ice cream obsession and they can't just feed her a few bites of theirs when they see Layla and Zade with their own individual packages of junk in hand 24-7. She posted an IG of Hailey laying in bed eating packaged muffins. So yeah she's moving away from her inlaws' influence of giving the child actual food and fruit and towards Carlin and Evan convenience mode of - hand them Doritos and call it lunch, what's the problem?

And SLAY Carlin and Evan - partying with your brother and sister and BIL by . . . . watching a movie . . . OMG you're SOOOOO cool 🙄 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

"It's 9:30 (p.m.) but they are on their way over and we are doing this, we are getting in the hot tub, watching a movie and being like teenagers again .

Therein lies the problem.  Carlin never got to be a normal teenager. She missed out on normal teenage activities, no dating, no proms, no going to the movies, no sleepovers with friends. I don't know about Evan.  But Evan is 29 and Carlin is 26 and they have 2 young children. They can't go back and have do overs when they are responsible for raising 2 young children. I am really surprised that Travis and Katie would drag Hailey out at 9:30 at night so they could party like teenagers.  I wonder what his parents think?

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 7
18 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Therein lies the problem.  Carlin never got to be a normal teenager. She missed out on normal teenage activities, no dating, no proms, no going to the movies, no sleepovers with friends. I don't know about Evan.  But Evan is 29 and Carlin is 26 and they have 2 young children. They can't go back and have do overs when they are responsible for raising 2 young children. I am really surprised that Travis and Katie would drag Hailey out at 9:30 at night so they could party like teenagers.  I wonder what his parents think?

It's hard to know what is sadder; that Carlin thinks that watching movies at 10 PM in a hot tub is the sort of thing that teens love to do or that she, a 26 year old, actually wants to go back and pretend she's a teenager again.

When I was 26, watching movies at 10 PM was par for the course while it would've seemed kind of dull when I was 16, heck, I could do that at home! My 26 year old self also had absolutely no desire whatsoever to return to my teen years nor did I think high school was more fun than being a grownup.  And, at 26, I was an OB/GYN intern, working an average of 100 hours a week and I still preferred it to my teens.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

I hope for Hailey and what's-his-name that their Clark grandparents have a stern come-to-Jesus (pun intended) with Travis. Katie is gullible and will do whatever the nearest relative does, which in this case means pimping out her children, feeding them crap, and making an abomination of their development. Travis NEEDS to man up, be a father to his kids, and raise them properly. 

I wonder if he has enough brains to realize that the reason his parents were able to provide a bedroom for each child, a home, nice cars, and vacations is because they only had three kids. But then again, he married a Bates, so he probably doesn't. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

They really need to let us know they're trying?? Carlin posted a real yesterday with the text "POV - Feeling like it's time to add another tiny human to our squad" while posing with the 2 tiny humans she currently has and can barely feed a hot meal to and posing profile belly shots - fortunately clothed.

I mean we know they're not stopping at two as she was whining last year and snapping being like - and what am I supposed to do if drs. can't figure this out, ONLY have 2 kids!? And now with Katie pregnant and I wouldn't be shocked if Whit comes back from Hawaii pregnant (though maybe not - I could see them being done with 5? 6?), of course that Bates competition is stirring up. Whether they can and want to take care of another child be damned, they NEED another child.

• Sad 6
36 minutes ago, cereality said:

Whether they can and want to take care of another child be damned, they NEED another child.

I agree. Every time that  Evan brought up having another baby Carlin brushed him off. This started right after Hailey was born. He wants another kid to keep up the views on Youtube. But I have a sneaky suspicion that Carlin would be just fine with 2. 

• Like 4
11 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Hasn’t Carlin posted that Layla wants a baby sister? What more of a reason do C&A need???

That always crack me up when they do that. Layla wants a baby sister, Carson wants a brother. I asked for a sister a few times as a kid and my brother asked for a brother. We never got our wish.

• Like 3

So weird, C&E (perpetual teenagers) want to party "like teenagers" in a hot tub. When I was a teenager we thought of hot tubs as something adults did. Sitting in a large outdoor bathtub and watching a movie was not a party, it was a way to relax after a long day. As a teen, no day was ever long and relaxing was not a priority, nor was it considered partying.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

That always crack me up when they do that. Layla wants a baby sister, Carson wants a brother. I asked for a sister a few times as a kid and my brother asked for a brother. We never got our wish.

The only reason Layla wants a baby sister is because Mommy told her she does.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 6
17 hours ago, zenme said:

So they watch movies now? What are they gonna watch in the party hot tub? Fireproof? 

They seem to be trying to catch up on some trends and movies they would not have been allowed to see. Carlin has referenced shows like the Office, but there was speculation and some confirmation that they used censors/filters to make things more appropriate to their beliefs. We've seen them now taking the kids to movies and thre have been toys such as Spiderman.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Carlin posted a picture from Ryker’s first birthday party. She was holding Tiffany and Lawson’s baby and said, “got to meet the newest baby of the family”. That seems odd to me.

It was odd to me as well. If I'm not mistaken, Lawson's been home several times since William's birth. Maybe Carlin was away on one of her many vacations so their paths never crossed? 

• Like 3

I looked at the pictures of their backyard and have questions.  

How big is that yard? They have crammed so much in there, I can't believe anything is left that isn't covered by the pool, hot tub, putting green (?) and swing set.  Where does the dog do his or her business?

Why a putting green?  That seems like a recipe for stray balls going into the pool, through windows, or into neighbors yards.

Why is the water in their hot tub red?  It looks like a horror movie.  I wouldn't want to get in it.  Plus, who cleans it? Bacteria city.

These two don't realize that they have just tanked their resale value with all that mess.  No one is going to want a yard like that.  I've said before on here that my parents passed on a perfectly good house simply because it had a pool and they didn't want to deal with that.  The back yard wasn't anywhere near the mess this one is and the pool didn't need major work.  The house had been on the market a long time and I don't know how much longer it took to sell it.  Cue tearful videos from Carlin when they go to sell praying that the Lord will send them a buyer.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
21 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

Why is the water in their hot tub red? 

It has lights that change the color.

25 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

The house had been on the market a long time and I don't know how much longer it took to sell it.

Where did you get the information on how long it took to sell? All I’ve ever seen is the date the previous owners bought it, followed by the date Evan and Carlin bought it. 

36 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It has lights that change the color.

Where did you get the information on how long it took to sell? All I’ve ever seen is the date the previous owners bought it, followed by the date Evan and Carlin bought it. 

@Meow Mix was referring to the house her parents declined to purchase, not the Stew idiots' house. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

Why a putting green?  That seems like a recipe for stray balls going into the pool, through windows, or into neighbors yards.

Putting should have no loft on the ball so windows should be safe.  If he's hitting the balls into the pool regularly, he's a poor golfer.  Just as putting practice shouldn't involve windows, it shouldn't lead to golf balls flying into neighbors' yards.  Mr. Flan had originally wanted a sand trap along with his putting green.  After I redesigned it to be very low loft required, I agreed.  No windows were ever broken or balls went flying into the neighors' yards.  If he really wants to practice driving, he can buy wiffle balls.  

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Absolom said:

Putting should have no loft on the ball so windows should be safe.  If he's hitting the balls into the pool regularly, he's a poor golfer.  Just as putting practice shouldn't involve windows, it shouldn't lead to golf balls flying into neighbors' yards.  Mr. Flan had originally wanted a sand trap along with his putting green.  After I redesigned it to be very low loft required, I agreed.  No windows were ever broken or balls went flying into the neighors' yards.  If he really wants to practice driving, he can buy wiffle balls.  

I agree that if all you're doing is putting, the ball shouldn't stray too far away.  But Evan's an idiot, so I could see him whacking balls around.  Given all the golfing he does, he should be good enough to not land his putts in the pool, but who knows.

• Like 2

Evan could loft a ball if hitting out of that  bunker and he makes a bad shot, otherwise, the balls should stay on the "green".  There are two young children that might think it is great fun to hit the balls hard and watch them go into the pool or at the windows.  

• Like 3

Not only the pool is unsafe.  Those two children are too young to have unsupervisd access to golf clubs.  They could easily do damage to the other one swinging clubs and they could hit windows or the neighbors putting green or not given how little attention the parents sometimes give them.  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Not only the pool is unsafe.  Those two children are too young to have unsupervisd access to golf clubs.  They could easily do damage to the other one swinging clubs and they could hit windows or the neighbors putting green or not given how little attention the parents sometimes give them.  

Prince William suffered a fractured skull and needed surgery at age 8 when a kid he was playing with accidentally hit him with a golf club.  I imagine Evan and Carlin think that golf clubs are great toys and don't even consider the damage they could do.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 4
Just now, ginger90 said:

The family camped out overnight in their backyard. There’s nothing wrong with that……or is there?

IMG_7899.jpeg

My sisters and I did it as little kids.  We didn't have real tents, we strung blankets over the clothesline to make our 'tent; and slept in those chaise longues with the webbing that everyone had in their yard.  My mom joined us once or twice.  My dad had no interest whatsoever in sleeping in the yard.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The last thing I would do is fall asleep in a tent when my kids could quietly slip away into a pool just feet away.

I hope @BitterApple is correct and its a bullshit content post.

Almost everything they do is a bullshit content post.  That photo does highlight how very little yard is left now that they've built the pool.  It would be easy for anyone, adult or child, to be disoriented in the dark in the middle of the night and fall in.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Way to destroy the newly installed putting green.  I seccond/third letting children spend the night yards from an unfenced pool being unsafe. I truly hope the whole set up was for them to film to dupe their followers.

• Like 8