Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

Taste test video comparing Pumpkin spice lattes..and which is better?

Only positive being that at least the video is monetized and they'll be making the money back and then some.

Empty calories for a nutrient starved soul....kinda sad.  However this behavior is the norm for most people now.  Carlin was pre conditioned to need the spotlight due to the show and not given any attention 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
28 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

MCD coffee is good and it’s $1 on the app. Dunkin’ coffee is the worst I ever had even worse than Starbucks.

And my blood pressure just went way up thinking about all that coffeeeeee 🤣🤣🤣

I don't know if Dunkin switched to a different supplier or what, but the coffee isn't anywhere near as good as it was years back. I hate Starbucks brewed coffee, but their new Pumpkin Chai iced latte is the bee's knees. 

If E&C are doing an taste test, they're really getting desperate. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I don't know if Dunkin switched to a different supplier or what, but the coffee isn't anywhere near as good as it was years back. I hate Starbucks brewed coffee, but their new Pumpkin Chai iced latte is the bee's knees. 

If E&C are doing an taste test, they're really getting desperate. 

I am not a coffee drinker but Starbucks Chai Tea Lattes are my guilty pleasure. Hot in the colder months and iced in the summer. I tried the Pumpkin Chai Iced Latte and it was too sweet for my taste. 
I have not watched a Stewart Family vlog in almost a year. But I can only imagine the “too much caffeine” craziness that will ensue. 🤪

It’s their version of Jell-O shots or beer pong I guess. 🙄

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I am not a coffee drinker but Starbucks Chai Tea Lattes are my guilty pleasure. Hot in the colder months and iced in the summer. I tried the Pumpkin Chai Iced Latte and it was too sweet for my taste. 
I have not watched a Stewart Family vlog in almost a year. But I can only imagine the “too much caffeine” craziness that will ensue. 🤪

It’s their version of Jell-O shots or beer pong I guess. 🙄

Chai latte. 🤤 Hot, or cold with no ice. Oregon chai at home. This is probably one reason I am overweight. 

I hope the Stews have more than one bathroom. They'll need it after all the caffeine. Evan probably won't need a newspaper, though. 

• LOL 9
3 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Taste test video comparing Pumpkin spice lattes..and which is better?

Only positive being that at least the video is monetized and they'll be making the money back and then some.

Empty calories for a nutrient starved soul....kinda sad.  However this behavior is the norm for most people now.  Carlin was pre conditioned to need the spotlight due to the show and not given any attention 

The norm for most people???? You must know completely different people than I ever have.  And I certainly don’t see this dreck being monetized as any kind of positive. The sooner people stop watching, the sooner Evan will have to go back to work and stop exploiting his very young kids. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 10
  • Applause 2

@Heathen: Have you tried the Tazo Skinny Chai Concentrate? Less sugar than regular but no artificial sweeteners. That’s what I buy for home and I honestly can’t tell the difference. As much as I love my chai i always get wigged out by the sugar content, though not enough to stop drinking them. 😉Starbucks had a Lightly Sweet Chai Latte a few years back but they only carried it for a few months. I even emailed them about it because it was so disappointed when they discontinued it. 

Back on topic, does Carlin even drink coffee? All I have ever seen her drink are those pink drinks. If it’s only Evan trying the different pumpkin spice drinks the vlog will be even dumber and more insufferable. 🙄

• Like 5
15 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

@Heathen: Have you tried the Tazo Skinny Chai Concentrate? Less sugar than regular but no artificial sweeteners. That’s what I buy for home and I honestly can’t tell the difference. As much as I love my chai i always get wigged out by the sugar content, though not enough to stop drinking them. 😉Starbucks had a Lightly Sweet Chai Latte a few years back but they only carried it for a few months. I even emailed them about it because it was so disappointed when they discontinued it. 

Back on topic, does Carlin even drink coffee? All I have ever seen her drink are those pink drinks. If it’s only Evan trying the different pumpkin spice drinks the vlog will be even dumber and more insufferable. 🙄

I've tried regular Tazo, but I didn't know about Tazo skinny chai. Oregon has a skinny chai, I think. I know it's a lot of empty calories. I've cut way back -- it's basically a treat or a headache remedy now, just like with pop. 

What is in Carlin's pink drinks, anyway? Dingbat medicine? Pepto-Bismol? As an adult, drinking anything that looks like it tastes of bubble gum kind of makes me nauseous. 

• LOL 9
On 9/28/2023 at 5:56 PM, BitterApple said:

If E&C are doing a taste test, they're really getting desperate. 

Had Dunkin’ in several locations and the coffee was terrible in all of them. I went to Starbucks to get a PSL they are out of pumpkin syrup 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 2
23 hours ago, Heathen said:

I've tried regular Tazo, but I didn't know about Tazo skinny chai. Oregon has a skinny chai, I think. I know it's a lot of empty calories. I've cut way back -- it's basically a treat or a headache remedy now, just like with pop. 

What is in Carlin's pink drinks, anyway? Dingbat medicine? Pepto-Bismol? As an adult, drinking anything that looks like it tastes of bubble gum kind of makes me nauseous. 

Plexus? 

• LOL 6

Starbucks has two drinks that appear pink.  One is the dragon refresher.  The other is actually named Pink Drink.  Both are coconut milk mixed with a lot of sugar, white grape juice, green tea extract, citric acid, and flavoring.  They each have a few pieces of different freeze dried fruit; dragon fruit or strawberries.   Starbucks is currently being sued for advertising them as different fruit beverages when they lack fruit.  A few slices of strawberry or cubes of dragon fruit doesn't count. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
36 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Starbucks has two drinks that appear pink.  One is the dragon refresher.  The other is actually named Pink Drink.  Both are coconut milk mixed with a lot of sugar, white grape juice, green tea extract, citric acid, and flavoring.  They each have a few pieces of different freeze dried fruit; dragon fruit or strawberries.   Starbucks is currently being sued for advertising them as different fruit beverages when they lack fruit.  A few slices of strawberry or cubes of dragon fruit doesn't count. 

I tried the pink drink once it’s pretty good. Sadly it’s $7.40 so once it is lol.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2

Evan/Carlin had the fall food comparison for most of the video along with 2 minutes of them hanging with Zach/Whitney watching their kids play soccer.. with Evan remarking that they might have Layla try soccer next year.

Apparently they went to Mcdonalds, Scooters, and Dunkin to try their fall drinks/treats.  And they said they did this so viewers wouldn't have to, which baffles me with Youtubers say this.  They'll say 'we read these books so you don't have to' or 'we tried all fall treats at coffee chains so you don't have to'.. and I do wonder if Youtubers do this because they assume the viewing public is too lazy, or that they think they carry more influence then they really do?

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
14 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Evan/Carlin had the fall food comparison for most of the video along with 2 minutes of them hanging with Zach/Whitney watching their kids play soccer.. with Evan remarking that they might have Layla try soccer next year.

Apparently they went to Mcdonalds, Scooters, and Dunkin to try their fall drinks/treats.  And they said they did this so viewers wouldn't have to, which baffles me with Youtubers say this.  They'll say 'we read these books so you don't have to' or 'we tried all fall treats at coffee chains so you don't have to'.. and I do wonder if Youtubers do this because they assume the viewing public is too lazy, or that they think they carry more influence then they really do?

They're just desperate for content. That's what happens when vapid, boring people pimp themselves out for clicks. They'll do anything to keep the money train rolling. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

They're just desperate for content. That's what happens when vapid, boring people pimp themselves out for clicks. They'll do anything to keep the money train rolling. 

And taste testing is it? Who is their audience? A bunch of bored teenage girls on a Friday night?

• LOL 5
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

And taste testing is it? Who is their audience? A bunch of bored teenage girls on a Friday night?

And the (unfortunately) many leghumpers who hang on Carlin's every word. 

I guess we should feel lucky that the Stews don't tell us about their bathroom habits or their sex life. Telling us about their kids' bathroom habits is bad enough. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
12 minutes ago, Heathen said:

And the (unfortunately) many leghumpers who hang on Carlin's every word. 

I guess we should feel lucky that the Stews don't tell us about their bathroom habits or their sex life. Telling us about their kids' bathroom habits is bad enough. 

Yea, really. They could go all Jill Dillard on us and share tips to liven up the bedroom.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
13 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Don't give them any ideas....

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
18 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I'm sorry, but both of those sound disgusting.  Far too sweet.

When does this stop being coffee drinks of chai or whatever and just become a milkshake.  I love milkshakes and get them as a treat.  Not going to pretend they are anything more sophisticated than that.

I will also say, that their metabolism will slow down as they get older and all those empty calories will start to add up.  I am assuming they didn't just take a quick taste of all that crap and throw the rest away.  I can't even imagine how I would feel after consuming all that caffeine and sugar.

BTW, isn't it time for her 5 day EEG?

• Like 6

Damn Josie & Kelton are in Barcelona to celebrate their 5th anniversary - sans kids it looks like. How pissed are C&E right now as they try to make $300/wk on their recent videos discussing some eye infection Evan had and then running all over town trying pumpkin spice whatever. C&E had talked about going to Hawaii for an anniversary but then it was a quick no when they looked up hotel and car rental prices. Wonder if it's occurred to them that J&K get to do stuff like bc the husband works full time and some weeks likely more than full time.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 4
  • LOL 3

Lulz! It's amazing what you can achieve when you work your ass off and reinvest your money into your business as opposed to buying 100k Teslas. 

Should we take bets on how long it is before Carlin starts pushing Evan to get a real job? You could tell by their last family vacation (to Gulf Shores, I think?) that they were penny-pinching. It looked like most of their meals came from 7-11. There were no swanky restaurant pics, shopping excursions or visits to tourist attractions. They just went to the beach every day and then drove home. If they're going to keep up with the Joneses, (or should I say the Balkas and the Clarks), one of them needs to start bringing in a steady paycheck. 

• Like 8
23 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Well, Carlin still shills for several companies. That must be pretty lucrative. 

I think it was at one point, but I can't help but wonder if her commissions are down. Inflation is really hurting the average family right now. Her followers may not have as much disposable income to spend on Dime Beauty and fast fashion. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the Stewarts are broke, but if you follow their social media, there's subtle signs they can't spend like they used to. I think that car is really eating into their budget. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Wedding guest attire:

55957396-F905-4811-8EB5-B8821B2CD9C1.jpeg

Someone should send Carlin a link to Jill Rod's latest sermon about ye good olde days and modest dress. The same someone should send a hidden camera to catch her reaction and popcorn for the rest of us. 

Edited by satrunrose
  • LOL 8

I love my sneakers.. but at a wedding?   Maybe that's the post Pandemic fashion trend now?

I've watched a lot of Youtube videos of people Carlin/Evan's age that are so upside down in debt.. and the biggest items causing said debt (a 700+ car payment they can't afford, and lots of fast food).  I'm going to assume money management is not a course in homeschool land?  

• Like 8
6 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Someone should send Carlin a link to Jill Rod's latest sermon about ye good olde days and modest dress.

Carlin would just need more exaggerated eye rolling🙄

Screenshot (205).png

• LOL 13

Evan's mom looks lovely. She should give Kelly a few tips on styling for middle-aged women. 

Are clunky athletic shoes with dresses a thing now? Because if so, I hate it. 

I was watching Carlin's reels today and Creepy Pastor was in one, tickling Layla. Something about that guy skeeves me out. 

• Like 11
  • Mind Blown 2
58 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Evan's mom looks lovely. She should give Kelly a few tips on styling for middle-aged women. 

Are clunky athletic shoes with dresses a thing now? Because if so, I hate it. 

I was watching Carlin's reels today and Creepy Pastor was in one, tickling Layla. Something about that guy skeeves me out. 

Talk about creepy - after allowing the pastor to tickle on video Layla for millions of strangers, she posted this 😳😳😳

B88935BF-7DD8-4084-B822-D4D06E511541.jpeg

Edited by AstridM
  • Sad 7

So Carlin has checked in for the 5 day EEG - showed herself packing, her and Evan driving early this morning, so I guess they're halfway thru day 1 now.

On 10/1/2023 at 9:39 PM, BitterApple said:

Should we take bets on how long it is before Carlin starts pushing Evan to get a real job? You could tell by their last family vacation (to Gulf Shores, I think?) that they were penny-pinching. It looked like most of their meals came from 7-11. There were no swanky restaurant pics, shopping excursions or visits to tourist attractions. They just went to the beach every day and then drove home. If they're going to keep up with the Joneses, (or should I say the Balkas and the Clarks), one of them needs to start bringing in a steady paycheck. 

Honestly I don't think she'd ever push Evan towards a 40 hr job, nor would he take one up; though I guess maybe if things got desperate, she could push him to take on video editing from home, but those are contract gigs and hardly 40 hrs/wk.

I feel like whatever her anxieties/co-dependencies/fears of her man being out of her sight (maybe bc of Bobby) are, she simply cannot/will not deal with him having a 40 hr/wk job outside the home.

I do think though as they fall further and further behind Josie and Katie in terms of vacations, spending on those vacations, Josie/Katie likely will upgrade to McMansion type homes soon -- I fully expect Carlin to start the bullshit regarding living the #simplelife blah blah, as she gets more and more frustrated. Same thing Erin started doing when she was clearly resentful of Alyssa getting the big house and perfectly matching dresses for her girls weekly - it was all this IG bullshit re how her kids live the simple life and know how to have fun running barefoot in a field etc. Reality is though, Erin was willing to separate herself from social media/IG and live her own life and seems like she's not in touch with her sisters' lives moment to moment and seems reasonably ok with the life she and Chad have. 

Carlin & Evan OTOH aren't going to be genuinely content. They'll sit there being resentful and then be running off to the Stewarts all the time to escape their own lives.

On 10/1/2023 at 10:09 PM, BitterApple said:

I can't help but wonder if her commissions are down. Inflation is really hurting the average family right now. Her followers may not have as much disposable income to spend on Dime Beauty and fast fashion. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the Stewarts are broke, but if you follow their social media, there's subtle signs they can't spend like they used to. I think that car is really eating into their budget. 

I def think their income is down. I mean look at the YT hits. They aren't even holding 100k views consistently nowadays on a weekly basis with their boring ass videos - that means they're looking at UNDER $500/wk coming in from YT!? At its peak when they made decisions that Evan didn't have to actually hold down a job, they were making about $1000/wk.

Carlin is also a LOT quieter on shilling right now. Shilling begets shilling - when you are making sales for the company, they keep you around; when you aren't, they drop you FAST on IG. It's not shocking that her stats are down bc as you say, people are hurting because of inflation - they're less apt to pick up some overpriced make up item weekly bc Carlin said so.

To me the vacation where they basically ate chips and uncrustables the whole time kind of suggested that times are a bit tougher. And you're right it could be that the 100k car, bought right when their income started going down is pinching.

It's interesting that they don't even have the maturity or awareness to admit that the life they've set up may not be forever. I mean as much as Katie also NEEDS Trav at home just like Carlin, it is interesting that Trav has said more than once that it's great to "work" with Katie right now and both be home together all day but he admits it may not be forever. Which is so super interesting bc given that Trav has the family school, if all the IG/YT income went away, he's clearly still getting monthly checks from the family business, so he won't ever HAVE TO work like Evan likely will. I mean Trav working could just be like teaching a music class or being choir director at the school - the type of job that takes a few hrs/day max and Katie can even come watch. But he at least admits the issue - that staying home 24-7 may not be forever.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
19 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I was watching Carlin's reels today and Creepy Pastor was in one, tickling Layla. Something about that guy skeeves me out

I saw that. That creep should never put his hands on a little girl or boy if he is not related to them. If that were my child I would stopped him in his tracks and said she does not like to b tickled pleae stop. This is why members of the clergy can get away with abusing children because the adults put them on pedestals. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Carlin couldn't take the tags off her clothes before packing?

And didn't she just post like a month ago about often having low key seizures that she needs a least a day to recover from?

Well, she seemingly went out and purchased new outfits to spend 5 days sitting in a hospital room, so common sense is not her friend.  And, why does Evan need to stay with her?  And Kelly lying on her bed?

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I really want to know a) why is Kelly there, b) why is she in the patient's bed, and c) do the hospital personnel even care?

a) for attention / pretend to be a caring mother, b) because there's nowhere else to sit *pout*, c) maybe, but short staffed / overworked means probably not a battle they want to fight

• Like 7