Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

How long has Carlin been on this medication?  I would think if she's taking it like she should it would have regulated by now.  Or is she one of those who think, "I'm feeling better. I don't need to take it."  Then she has to start taking it again.  

A lot of people who have epilepsy or other seizure-inducing conditions don't get seizure control from medication. It's not uncommon to have seizures even after being on medication for awhile. 

But I don't think those circumstances apply to Carlin the drama queen. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, Heathen said:

A lot of people who have epilepsy or other seizure-inducing conditions don't get seizure control from medication. It's not uncommon to have seizures even after being on medication for awhile. 

But I don't think those circumstances apply to Carlin the drama queen. 

One neurologist that I was seeing told me that the purpose of the medications was to help control the seizures, not to stop them altogether.  So,  you could still have seizures, just hopefully not as many.

Seeing as many of us are unsure Carlin even continues to have a problem beyond the doctor's initial concern prior to Lawson's wedding, I'm not sure I believe anything at this point.

My guess is everything resolved itself long ago but the Stewarts' web of lies grew too big. Now they are trying to end the saga by soon revealing this new "med increase" resolved everything.

Of course I could be completely wrong and if I am, I wish Carlin continued success in managing her health issues.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

I refuse to watch but this week's YT is entitled "I thought she may BLEED OUT! NEW PROBLEMS, new DOCTORS." And the still shot is Carlin with blood all over her forehead and hands. WTF is wrong with these people.

Clearly they are noting that the only videos that earn them $ is the medical ones, so this is just what they're going to do full time now instead of you know GET JOBS?? Though notably even the last video that was MEDICAL UPDATE didn't even get them 200k views, so it made less than $1000. Do they get that people are losing interest.

It is the middle of Jan already and in the last 2 weeks they've literally had NO content besides "owning the critics." I.E. showing Layla eating eggs and toast twice; sleeping in a bed twice; posting that she isn't entirely feral and has a bedtime routine bc by 830 she has showered + brushed teeth + their reading to her; showing that they aren't just letting her roll on the floor doing nothing - by showing them reciting bible verses with her. Evan dropping that they've been cooking a LOT at home lately.

Carlin - since you read here, no one believes you. No one thinks you guys are cooking nightly given that you haven't shown it even once, and you can hardly take a piss without telling us. And sorry but indoctrinating your kid in the Bible is NOT equal to getting a life schedule where everyone in the home gets up at 7-8am, gets ready, the kid goes to SCHOOL - you know with real teachers, eats 3 meals a day etc.

And IDK if anyone here is interested in the salary transparency accounts that have popped up on IG where they go up to people and ask about their careers and salaries, but there is one acct that talks to people in my area in DC that has gotten a lot of press lately, and lo and behold they just stopped 2 construction guys today - union electricians. Both are apprentices but talked about how once they are done school next yr, the starting salary is 109k/yr and there is major overtime + 4 different retirement vehicles that they are entitled to. I realize that's DC but just out of curiosity I looked at a cost of living calculator and Knox is 47% cheaper than DC. So assuming that the union pays less based on cost of living - Evan was looking at a starting salary of 58k + whatever overtime he did. But go on scrounging for $600/wk YT videos - with no benefits. I mean their last 5 videos together have barely brought in 3k in the last month . . . . But hey at least Evan is home to "invest" in his wife and kids + Carlin isn't having a meltdown at 7 am bc he has to go to work. His parents and esp his brother - an apprentice electrician - must think he's a moron, esp now that Carlin appears not to NEED him at home day and night.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
54 minutes ago, cereality said:

I refuse to watch but this week's YT is entitled "I thought she may BLEED OUT! NEW PROBLEMS, new DOCTORS." And the still shot is Carlin with blood all over her forehead and hands. WTF is wrong with these people.

Clearly they are noting that the only videos that earn them $ is the medical ones, so this is just what they're going to do full time now instead of you know GET JOBS?? Though notably even the last video that was MEDICAL UPDATE didn't even get them 200k views, so it made less than $1000. Do they get that people are losing interest.

It is the middle of Jan already and in the last 2 weeks they've literally had NO content besides "owning the critics." I.E. showing Layla eating eggs and toast twice; sleeping in a bed twice; posting that she isn't entirely feral and has a bedtime routine bc by 830 she has showered + brushed teeth + their reading to her; showing that they aren't just letting her roll on the floor doing nothing - by showing them reciting bible verses with her. Evan dropping that they've been cooking a LOT at home lately.

Carlin - since you read here, no one believes you. No one thinks you guys are cooking nightly given that you haven't shown it even once, and you can hardly take a piss without telling us. And sorry but indoctrinating your kid in the Bible is NOT equal to getting a life schedule where everyone in the home gets up at 7-8am, gets ready, the kid goes to SCHOOL - you know with real teachers, eats 3 meals a day etc.

And IDK if anyone here is interested in the salary transparency accounts that have popped up on IG where they go up to people and ask about their careers and salaries, but there is one acct that talks to people in my area in DC that has gotten a lot of press lately, and lo and behold they just stopped 2 construction guys today - union electricians. Both are apprentices but talked about how once they are done school next yr, the starting salary is 109k/yr and there is major overtime + 4 different retirement vehicles that they are entitled to. I realize that's DC but just out of curiosity I looked at a cost of living calculator and Knox is 47% cheaper than DC. So assuming that the union pays less based on cost of living - Evan was looking at a starting salary of 58k + whatever overtime he did. But go on scrounging for $600/wk YT videos - with no benefits. I mean their last 5 videos together have barely brought in 3k in the last month . . . . But hey at least Evan is home to "invest" in his wife and kids + Carlin isn't having a meltdown at 7 am bc he has to go to work. His parents and esp his brother - an apprentice electrician - must think he's a moron, esp now that Carlin appears not to NEED him at home day and night.

The more time goes on, the more I think "Evan" is synonymous with "lazy." He was just looking for an excuse to abandon his profession, where he'd not get enough attention and where the other guys weren't into Evan's hobbies, like overpriced sweatpants, hairstyles, and shopping. 

I don't know about his parents and brother, but I certainly think Evan and Carlin are morons. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 6

My sense is C/E were already "panicked" when he was in school. The wife was boohooing bc he'd leave home at 6 am and come home at 3 pm 3x a week and the horrors twice a week he wouldn't come home until 9pm [when he had class to attend after the day of hands on work]?!? Plus he only got like 7-10 days in vacation time causing them to miss the precious Bates family ski trip and prob other events to save time off for Z's birth. I feel like they got through school telling themselves that "it's just school, it'll be easier when I'm working for real" but then when it hit them for real how much work being a real electrician would be, they peaced out.

I really think they think someone should pay Evan 60k+ + great benefits + 4 different retirement vehicles for showing up at 10 am on the days he feels like showing up, Sbux in hand, in his $100 Cuts pants, bragging about how great his hair looks today and his newest iPhone, and then peacing out for the day at 2 pm when his honey calls asking him to meet her at CFA for lunch.  

On the IG video when asked about the cons of being a union electrician, the 2 guys specifically mentioned that the IBEW union chapters are very large geographically - covering a whole state or even multiple states and the union can put you to work anywhere in its geography so it's not at all uncommon to be on a construction project 90 min one way from home. The horror - that means for Evan to show up at work at 7 am - since construction starts early - he'd be leaving at 5:30 am, working until 3 pm and getting home 430-5 pm. Not a whole lot of time for "party party" until midnight when he had to be up again at 5 am for work the next day. I think they just noped out - Carlin's illness gave them a reason. But reality is it's not like he's been out for 5 yrs. If the illness became manageable say by the fall, he certainly could've called the union back and said things are better, I want to work - and gotten back in with only a 6 mo break. But thing is - new guy, no experience, yeah chances are he'd not get the most favorable jobs right next door and could easily be driving 90 min to rural Tenn.

And not that anyone takes on a job to be friends with coworkers, but I do wonder if he just feels like a fish out of water with construction guys. They're talking sports, fishing, and trucks. He's talking hairdos, $100 sweatpants, Teslas, and going fishing bc it makes for great YT content?? I mean it was telling that while at school, he'd often show many of his dinner breaks where he was sitting in his car eating facetiming Layla and the wife. I get it - a lot of guys that age in Tenn are married with a baby and maybe they say goodnight to the baby bc their baby won't be up when they get home at 9 pm. I highly doubt most guys though then don't go back to the break room and eat with everyone else while joking around and watching the game on some TV in the break room; IDK how many hide out in their car for 45 min to avoid their same age male coworkers.

• Like 12

I'd be inclined to cut Evan slack if he were actually using this time to get answers for Carlin's health issues, but when you blow off scheduling crucial tests and show up late for doctor's appointments, my sympathy goes out the window. I agree with the above. Evan is lazy. Evan also has no interest in Carlin getting better because if she does, that means he has to go back to work. They're already stretching this drama past the point of believability. I'm not sure how much longer they can milk it before even their most devoted fans start to question. 

• Like 13

Carlin got bonked in the noggin by a wayward iron. She didn't faint or have an "episode." 

A new neurologist says that she may have a mashup of migraines and epilepsy. There's apparently a name for this condition, but they couldn't remember it. She got more meds. 

The end. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 1

Okay but can we also talk about Layla and her untreated back issue, other than “talking to” a doctor and talking about upgrading a car seat (at least maybe there’s a glimmer of realization she’s in it a lot). Golly, this is where a regular pediatrician would be so handy.

And Evan needs to cut it out with screwing his face up and making that snicker every other minute. It’s annoying.

Okay, I’m done.

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1

Layla has an untreated back issue?? Do tell. What 3 yr old has back issues - she's not 55. I wonder about that kid's growth. Yeah I get it the parents are small, but so are Z/W and their kid who is Layla's bestie is a whole head taller; and C/E's kids are freaking BIG when she's still breastfeeding.

And he thought she was going to bleed out FROM AN IRON?? 

On a different note - wonder if they're going skiing next weekend. They need to bc they are DESPERATE for YT content. But unless 7 mo pregnant Katie is coming to sit in the house with them, damn that trip is going to be uncomfortable and Carlin will just coo all the time about how much she loves mom. The only marrieds going are Josie/Kelton who they don't talk to + maybe Law/Tiff and/or Nathan/Esther who they have no relationship with. Z/W, Michael/Brandon, Alyssa/John didn’t go last yr and doubtful this yr.

This trip is one that took a HUGE hit once the UPTV $$ went away. Gone are the days of a beautiful ski in/ski out house with hot tubs overlooking the mountains. UPTV dropped them like a week before this trip last yr and it was hugely noticeable. Suddenly they're staying at a house 45+ min away from skiing – w/ Kelton commenting that he/Josie should get a house on the mountain next yr. Clearly Gil is asking everyone over 18 to chip in for the house + the marrieds all need their own rental SUV bc Gil isn’t renting a huge van + he only buys lift tix for himself/Jeb/Jud for a day or two of the trip [bc Addie/Ellie are just girls and don't need to ski] and everyone else pays for their own + the marrieds are responsible for a certain number of meals/snacks for the week – not just cooking/catering but also paying. Last time Law came for like a day and didn't ski and just hung out at the house, Isiah skipped the entire trip, and Trace was there the whole time and only skied like 1-2 days. HUGE difference from prior years where the boys would be day skiing, night skiing, snowboarding certain days, taking Jeb/Jud another day etc. Clearly only the ones that really love skiing are splurging. Josie/Kelton are the only ones who seem like they can afford it easily + love it so it’s worth it to go + ski daily + splurge on ski school for the kids + splurge on Sbux, date nights for themselves etc.

For meals one night Josie had Kelton grilling up burgers for everyone; Nathan had Esther making casseroles. Packed lunches and I don't mean – oh they ordered in awesome hoagies for lunch at home, I'm taking one bc it'll be better than anything at the ski lodge. I'm talking PBJ sandwiches and kid sized bags of chips that you'd send for school lunch. Given that they're paying for a lot of the trip – and ski trips/ski towns generally are pricey – they just aren't running into the ski lodge for a $6 hot chocolate or donut anytime they want.

Def makes the trip less fun for Carlin/Evan esp if bestie Whit or Katie or even Alyssa aren’t there. But IDK that they have a choice given their desperation for content.

• Like 6
  • Useful 4

John said he was going. Bought all new equipment. It sounds like Alyssa and the kids are staying home, but to be honest,  was only half listening to the video. 

Evan gave no indication as to whether they are going or not. Katie is currently in Texas, so she might be babymooned out. I think they go if Z/W go. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

A new neurologist says that she may have a mashup of migraines and epilepsy. There's apparently a name for this condition, but they couldn't remember it. She got more meds. 

Migralepsy or migraine related epilepsy?

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, writerwoman said:

Okay but can we also talk about Layla and her untreated back issue, other than “talking to” a doctor and talking about upgrading a car seat (at least maybe there’s a glimmer of realization she’s in it a lot). Golly, this is where a regular pediatrician would be so handy.

And Evan needs to cut it out with screwing his face up and making that snicker every other minute. It’s annoying.

Okay, I’m done.

He also needs to get a new hairstyle. His always looks so ludicrous. 🤣

• LOL 4

One of the 90210ers daughter was just hospitalized with a migraine that mimics a stroke, called hemiplegic migraine. Brains are freaking complicated. 

I'm still not sure Carlin is still having symptoms.

Anyway, Carlin bonks her head hard enough to bleed and Evan takes a picture? If my husband did that we'd both be bleeding. 🙃🤣

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

With regards to the ski trip, I'm surprised John is going solo. He always looks like he hates spending time with the Bates, but I guess he jumped at an opportunity to get away from his kids. I'm not really sure buying all new equipment was necessary for an activity he does once a year, but whatever. Meanwhile his eldest daughter is still waiting for those ballet lessons.....

I'm assuming any of the marrieds with large families are out. I know they tend to fly crap airlines like Spirit, but still, those tickets add up. 

• Like 6
52 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

With regards to the ski trip, I'm surprised John is going solo. He always looks like he hates spending time with the Bates, but I guess he jumped at an opportunity to get away from his kids. I'm not really sure buying all new equipment was necessary for an activity he does once a year, but whatever. Meanwhile his eldest daughter is still waiting for those ballet lessons.....

I'm assuming any of the marrieds with large families are out. I know they tend to fly crap airlines like Spirit, but still, those tickets add up. 

Alyssa said she was pregnant when the ski trips happened except for one year, and that is the year the family didn’t go. 

I agree that getting new gear for a once a year use is excessive. John said it has been years since he has gone snowboarding. Maybe his gear is outdated. John does not seem to enjoy the chaos that is a Bates gathering. But he gets along really well with Alyssa’s brothers and will most likely spend most of his time with them. A win win situation for John.

Alyssa doesn’t seem like the person that would ski. However, I do see Alyssa going in the future because it’s a great excuse to get the kids matching snowsuits, even if they just use them for playing in the snow. Alyssa will definitely treat herself to a cute snowsuit to compliment the children’s. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, SMama said:

Alyssa said she was pregnant when the ski trips happened except for one year, and that is the year the family didn’t go. 

I agree that getting new gear for a once a year use is excessive. John said it has been years since he has gone snowboarding. Maybe his gear is outdated. John does not seem to enjoy the chaos that is a Bates gathering. But he gets along really well with Alyssa’s brothers and will most likely spend most of his time with them. A win win situation for John.

Alyssa doesn’t seem like the person that would ski. However, I do see Alyssa going in the future because it’s a great excuse to get the kids matching snowsuits, even if they just use them for playing in the snow. Alyssa will definitely treat herself to a cute snowsuit to compliment the children’s. 

If Alyssa’s sweet friend gifts them cute snow outfits, the Webster’s will be on the next ski trip.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

On Carlin's IG reel Evan says the new doctor is going to "wait until after the EEG" before offering a diagnosis/treatment. I swear he said it with an attitude.

My question is, Have they scheduled the freaking test yet??

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Carlin got bonked in the noggin by a wayward iron. She didn't faint or have an "episode." 

The end. 

There is a relationship between the two.  People who have one are at higher risk to have the other.  There is a situation where the onset of a migraine could trigger a seizure in some people who have both.  I don't think it has a special name, but I've always heard it termed a migraine aura triggered seizure.  That's 3 big words too many for Evan and Carlin.

So, they totally blew off the 5 day EEG and instead went doctor hopping in hopes a new neurologist would give them more interesting fodder for the 'gram.  Considering the extensive workup she has already had including a consultation with Mayo Clinic, I doubt the new guy is going to re-invent the wheel.  Maybe it's just me, but, I also feel like a 5 day EEG, which as we all recall she could've had 3 months ago if she'd scheduled it, is not that difficult and the reason they don't want to do it is because they're afraid she is not having actual seizures. And maybe her neurologist spoke to her about the possibility of pseudoseizures and she doesn't know how to spin that for her fans. And also why she found a new neurologist if the other guy told her he had nothing else to offer and suggested a psych consult. The change in meds must be due to the new doc, too.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 7
  • Useful 4

Not surprised John is going. I mean Kelton and Josie affirmatively hate her family and they show up on this trip with bells on. Reality is skiing is an expensive type of vacation so if you want to ski and there's anything that makes it cheaper - even splitting a house and not paying for all meals/groceries for a week - then it makes sense to go. And J&K aren't dumb - they know this is essentially couples trip with free babysitting. As much as the coo about ooohhh we're sooo excited to ski with Willow, they show up at the mountain in the morning, put the kid in ski school for 2 hrs - meaning time for some couples skiing. Then pick up the kid, ski with her 45 min by which time a 3 yr old has had it. Great - drive her back home, put her down for a nap and she's Addie/Ellie/Callie's problem for the afternoon. J&K head back to the mountain to ski by themselves, go on coffee dates in town. Last time they went out for a number of date nights by themselves and w besties Lydia/Trace too.

For John it's even easier - no kids and he gets to bro it up, as I sense he does like Warden/Jackson/Isiah/Trace who come and stay at his house for a week+ at a time and after work I think it's all about eating pizza and watching games with the guys. So it's gonna be a lot of skiing with the boys and the rest of the time, a whole lot of football/basketball. He's a son in law and there without his wife, no one is expecting him to provide dinner - he counts as one of the single guys who need to be fed. At most he'll take care of dinner one night by ordering 7-10 pizzas or breakfast one morning by picking up a few dozen donuts and G&K will act like he's such a HERO.

Given what we've heard from Alyssa, totally makes sense that John is buying all new ski equipment now bc you know he'll be going on this yearly ski trip with baby boy. Sure Alyssa may go for 1-2 yrs when John doesn't want to manage the baby and the baby can't do much, so she'll do photo shoots of him in the snow. But age 3 on, you know it'll be a father/son trip and they're not buying 7 plane tix for Alyssa and the girls to sit in a house all day with her family. John won't mind bc he'll also dump the boy on Addie/Ellie and bro it up. I mean screw Lexi who is a sporty kid who'd probably like to try skiing with dad, this is just how boys are treated per Alyssa.

As for C&E, now the regular neuro + Mayo + this headache specialist neuro have asked for the EEG. Do they really THINK they'll find a dr who is gonna be like nah you don't need it? IIRC the regular neuro mentioned it around late summer, saying that if she's still having issues by late summer, get it done by Oct bc it takes 3 mos to schedule. They've had SIX months to do this from Aug-Jan?? 

Glad to see she's still stupid - rolling her eyes re paperwork at the new dr taking a half hr and going on about "how am I supposed to know the answer to questions like - on a scale of 1-3, rate the severity of x symptom." Uh Carlin ONLY you can know? How would anyone else know? And this is just being nitpicky but does anyone else think it bizarre that she calls every drs appt a CHECK UP? Uh Carlin it's only a "check up" if it's a preventative health appt. If you're there to deal with an acute problem, I think it's just a drs appt. I get she doesn't know this growing up never going to a drs office + first foray with drs was creepy Dr. Vick for check ups on her pregnancy.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 13
12 minutes ago, cereality said:

Not surprised John is going. I mean Kelton and Josie affirmatively hate her family and they show up on this trip with bells on. Reality is skiing is an expensive type of vacation so if you want to ski and there's anything that makes it cheaper - even splitting a house and not paying for all meals/groceries for a week - then it makes sense to go. And J&K aren't dumb - they know this is essentially couples trip with free babysitting. As much as the coo about ooohhh we're sooo excited to ski with Willow, they show up at the mountain in the morning, put the kid in ski school for 2 hrs - meaning time for some couples skiing. Then pick up the kid, ski with her 45 min by which time a 3 yr old has had it. Great - drive her back home, put her down for a nap and she's Addie/Ellie/Callie's problem for the afternoon. J&K head back to the mountain to ski by themselves, go on coffee dates in town. Last time they went out for a number of date nights by themselves and w besties Lydia/Trace too.

For John it's even easier - no kids and he gets to bro it up, as I sense he does like Warden/Jackson/Isiah/Trace who come and stay at his house for a week+ at a time and after work I think it's all about eating pizza and watching games with the guys. So it's gonna be a lot of skiing with the boys and the rest of the time, a whole lot of football/basketball. He's a son in law and there without his wife, no one is expecting him to provide dinner - he counts as one of the single guys who need to be fed. At most he'll take care of dinner one night by ordering 7-10 pizzas or breakfast one morning by picking up a few dozen donuts and G&K will act like he's such a HERO.

Given what we've heard from Alyssa, totally makes sense that John is buying all new ski equipment now bc you know he'll be going on this yearly ski trip with baby boy. Sure Alyssa may go for 1-2 yrs when John doesn't want to manage the baby and the baby can't do much, so she'll do photo shoots of him in the snow. But age 3 on, you know it'll be a father/son trip and they're not buying 7 plane tix for Alyssa and the girls to sit in a house all day with her family. John won't mind bc he'll also dump the boy on Addie/Ellie and bro it up. I mean screw Lexi who is a sporty kid who'd probably like to try skiing with dad, this is just how boys are treated per Alyssa.

As for C&E, now the regular neuro + Mayo + this headache specialist neuro have asked for the EEG. Do they really THINK they'll find a dr who is gonna be like nah you don't need it? IIRC the regular neuro mentioned it around late summer, saying that if she's still having issues by late summer, get it done by Oct bc it takes 3 mos to schedule. They've had SIX months to do this from Aug-Jan?? 

Glad to see she's still stupid - rolling her eyes re paperwork at the new dr taking a half hr and going on about "how am I supposed to know the answer to questions like - on a scale of 1-3, rate the severity of x symptom." Uh Carlin ONLY you can know? How would anyone else know? And this is just being nitpicky but does anyone else think it bizarre that she calls every drs appt a CHECK UP? Uh Carlin it's only a "check up" if it's a preventative health appt. If you're there to deal with an acute problem, I think it's just a drs appt. I get she doesn't know this growing up never going to a drs office + first foray with drs was creepy Dr. Vick for check ups on her pregnancy.

Has Dumbass had an EEG at all, never mind the five-day thingie?

The future lives of the Webster daughters just make me sad. I think @cerealityis right that the ski trips will end up being father/son events, while the daughters who might want to ski are just SOL. I can see that breeding a lot of resentment and anger toward their parents and the Golden Penis. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 4
16 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She did what, 24 hours? If that? They had a video of the tech setting it up. 

Carlin had a basic EEG in the hospital, probably more than one, and then did the 24 hour home EEG because the in-hospital EEG didn't capture any seizures.

6 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I wonder if they have an at home hookup , sort of portable, like the Holter monitor for hearts. And if so would she use it as directed. Or at all. 

According to Google...

Can an EEG be done at home?

Your physician may recommend an ambulatory EEG test to get a recording over a few days, as opposed to a few hours. You're not required to stay in the hospital for an ambulatory EEG. You can move around, typically at home.

or

What is a 5 day EEG test?

This is a specialized unit in the hospital where a patient is admitted for 3-5 days for continuous monitoring of brain activity using EEG and Video. This gives your doctor a better understanding of your seizures by seeing how your brain functioning and what you are physically doing during the event.

• Useful 2

I had epilepsy following a head injury (thankfully, now resolved).  Carlin is playing with fire if she is on medicines she does not need.  If she plans on having more children, she better be miraculously healed or reconsider. 

I have no doubt in my mind that they are not scheduling the 5 day EEG because they know the jig is up and it will either be "inconclusive" again due to no activity or if she has an "episode", it will not show seizure activity. 

To be honest, I'm a bit surprised that she is on seizure meds (I'm assuming that's what she is on) without EEG evidence.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, judyjudyjudy said:

I had epilepsy following a head injury (thankfully, now resolved).  Carlin is playing with fire if she is on medicines she does not need.  If she plans on having more children, she better be miraculously healed or reconsider. 

I have no doubt in my mind that they are not scheduling the 5 day EEG because they know the jig is up and it will either be "inconclusive" again due to no activity or if she has an "episode", it will not show seizure activity. 

To be honest, I'm a bit surprised that she is on seizure meds (I'm assuming that's what she is on) without EEG evidence.

I was put on antiseizure meds before my first EEG. However, I should point out that it's Carlin's word alone that she's on anything. She could be taking heartworm pills and calling them antiseizure meds. 

She might be fine to take antiseizure meds (if she does...) during future pregnancies. Courtesy of the Epilepsy Foundation: https://www.epilepsy.com/stories/anti-seizure-medications-during-pregnancy

I maintain my belief that she has FD, not epilepsy; however, I hope for her children's and dog's sake that I'm wrong. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 3

Do these people need to go everywhere as a family?? IG shows them at a drs office or maybe urgent care or a chiropractor - all 4 of them. Zade is crawling around on the table - which has no paper on it but that grosses no one out. And it’s rural Tenn and apparently this place doesn’t require masks so hey don’t bother - doesn’t matter who may have been exhaling in that room 30 seconds ago, bring the whole fam and let the kids breathe it in.

I only mention the chiropractor bc per Reddit, their response to L complaining about her back was to text a chiropractor, not take her to an actual pediatrician?! Apparently said chiropractor suggested a new car seat and said she’s too young/little for x rays?!? These 2 have the judgment of a bucket of rocks. Not only has the kid complained about back pain in the car seat but apparently now also complains of it in regular life outside the seat?! But hey NBD, we don’t like the pediatrician/find her judgy so let’s just text the sweet chiropractor from church.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I hope they at least got a new car seat. She was complaining of pain after long car rides, and lawd knows they make plenty of those!

I wonder if she's picked up from her mother a talent for attention-whoring. She might be a toddler still, but I don't think she's stupid. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

I wonder if she's picked up from her mother a talent for attention-whoring. She might be a toddler still, but I don't think she's stupid. 

I was just about to say that. Layla sees how Carlin's drama dominates their family life and gets her tons of attention. It wouldn't surprise me if maybe her back did get sore from a car ride, Evan fawned over her to make her feel better and now she's running with it. 

I'm just curious as to what the Stewarts are doing for insurance these days. That doctor's office looked janky. The walls were all marked up and there was no paper on the exam table. I can't imagine they qualify for Medicaid, so maybe they're paying out of pocket? Or the better doctors won't tell them what they want to hear? 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I hope they at least got a new car seat. She was complaining of pain after long car rides, and lawd knows they make plenty of those!

Another option, of course, would be to cut back on the weekly/biweekly trips to visit family.  The kid is in that seat 3 hours there and 3 hours back at least every week or so.  Then, there's the multiple trips to run 'errands' that crop up almost daily as well as the travel back and forth to work with Mommy and Daddy once or twice a week.  Not to even mention the numerous times she's fallen asleep, slumped over in her car seat because she didn't get a nap and doesn't have a scheduled bedtime.

My back hurts just thinking about it.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 14
35 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I was just about to say that. Layla sees how Carlin's drama dominates their family life and gets her tons of attention. It wouldn't surprise me if maybe her back did get sore from a car ride, Evan fawned over her to make her feel better and now she's running with it. 

I'm just curious as to what the Stewarts are doing for insurance these days. That doctor's office looked janky. The walls were all marked up and there was no paper on the exam table. I can't imagine they qualify for Medicaid, so maybe they're paying out of pocket? Or the better doctors won't tell them what they want to hear? 

Wasn't it a chiropractor? I don't consider those doctors, although I know a lot of people do. 

I don't see the Stews spending money on their kids' health, or anything for their kids that isn't destined for Instagram or YouTube. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
19 hours ago, AstridM said:

“Layered in?” 🤡🤡🤡🤣

I’ve heard her use that term more than once, and I don’t have a clue where she came up with it or exactly what it means, and I’ll bet she doesn’t either.  It makes me sad/mad that these 2 lazy, immature, attention-seeking bozos are allowed to breed. 

17 hours ago, Heathen said:

I was put on antiseizure meds before my first EEG. However, I should point out that it's Carlin's word alone that she's on anything. She could be taking heartworm pills and calling them antiseizure meds. 

She might be fine to take antiseizure meds (if she does...) during future pregnancies. Courtesy of the Epilepsy Foundation: https://www.epilepsy.com/stories/anti-seizure-medications-during-pregnancy

I maintain my belief that she has FD, not epilepsy; however, I hope for her children's and dog's sake that I'm wrong. 

FD?

• Like 4

Layla likely has very weak abdominal muscles because she's either in a car seat, being carried or posing for pictures. If her abs are weak, her back probably does hurt.

Jessa's kids and Layla seem to get very few opportunities to engage their muscles. Even when Layla 'plays' outdoors she is usually trapped in a baby swing.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

This made me think of a former boss, who was always driving her youngest kid somewhere. trips, day care, older siblings to their various events, etc. At about age 5, he came out and said "I am not getting in that car seat again, it makes my ass hurt!" 

He got a new car seat and also she hired a sitter so he didn't get dragged around quite so much.

Neither will ever happen with Carlin. Unless some company wants to partner with her and give her a new seat for free.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2