Type keyword(s) to search

S39: Preview & Speculation Thread

LadyChatts
  • Start Topic

Hopefully it's okay to start this thread.

Preview at the end of the episode-dang, Noura's already losing it.  Red herring with all the focus on purple tribe in the preview or is Noura a goner?  

Aaron's really on the outs, but he might also be in a good position if alliances fracture the next episode.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Has that ever happened on Survivor? I don't recall it but I pretty much forget a season the second it ends. 

Does Fairplay's fake dead granny count?

I think the closest we ever got was Jenna Morasca's "feeling" that her mother was passing.  However, it seemed obvious she was probably told by someone and then chose to leave.  I know Joe's grandmother died while he was filming EOE, and I don't know if he was actually told, but something about him seemed sad last season, so it did make me wonder.

I saw that coming. She was giving off pretty strong loony vibes in the premiere imo. I hope she turns out to be fun!

In Probst's assessment video that I posted in her thread, he didn't seem to have much hope for Noura.  Judging by the preview, I think he was probably correct.  However, I do hope she's a fun kind of loony.  This might be the reprieve Jason needs if she goes off the deep end.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Has that ever happened on Survivor? I don't recall it but I pretty much forget a season the second it ends. 

Most recently, Terry Dietz was told that his son had a heart condition on second chances.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm thinking Vince's ego might get the better of him.  First being upset at his name being written down (how dare they!), and then in the preview brushing off the attempt at the guys to bring him into the fold.  While I can understand him dismissing the attempt at comradere, maybe keep your options open?

And our first serious injury of the season!  Was that Karishma?  

ETA: Oh, and the person sneaking into their rivals camp.  Wonder what the point of this 'lesson' is going to be, and whether they are successful (maybe hunting for an idol?)  Anyway I'm kind of excited for that.  I have to think the person won't get caught, because how would they explain that?  Unless it's a producer fed line about that being some punishment from IOTI or something.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, LanceM said:

Preview of the challenge this week. A swimming showdown between Elizabeth and Janet.

Pardon me if I have more than a little skepticism about the authenticity of somebody getting multiorgasmic upon simply hearing the word “chair”.

• LOL 1
On 10/2/2019 at 9:17 PM, LadyChatts said:

ETA: Oh, and the person sneaking into their rivals camp.  Wonder what the point of this 'lesson' is going to be, and whether they are successful (maybe hunting for an idol?)  Anyway I'm kind of excited for that.  I have to think the person won't get caught, because how would they explain that?  Unless it's a producer fed line about that being some punishment from IOTI or something.

So in all previous 38 seasons sneaking into the other camp was strictly forbidden yea?  Because otherwise it seems like it would have happened by now and be a regular occurrance.  
But now its some sort of challenge?  Big surprise to the other camp

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

I don't want to get totally off topic, but wasn't there a season where someone from a certain tribe wandered off and found the other tribe's camp before?

I think something *close* to that; IIRC wasn’t there an incident some years ago in the pre-100%-Fiji days where a contestant had stumbled across Production’s field camp and was (possibly) pilfering extra food?

21 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I think something *close* to that; IIRC wasn’t there an incident some years ago in the pre-100%-Fiji days where a contestant had stumbled across Production’s field camp and was (possibly) pilfering extra food?

I think that was Woo(?) Who stood with Tony at the end on Cagayan.

(edited)
4 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

I don't want to get totally off topic, but wasn't there a season where someone from a certain tribe wandered off and found the other tribe's camp before?

That happened in Cook Islands, when some of the Aitu members accidentally went to Raros camp while they were out food hunting (it was after the tribe swap).

Curious how tonight will go-if purple loses, maybe Vince gets blindsided after saying in the preview he won't work with the guys (after pretending to act like he will).  I do think one of the men will go, however.

Orange tribe is more of a wild card.  I wouldn't necessarily say it'll be Jack or Jamal just because they were blindsided last week.  It seemed like that was more to break up a trio.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

So it looks like next week whoever goes to IOTI isn't from a random draw, but picked by the tribe itself.  I didn't think about it, but I realized after the fact that we never saw Vince draw a random piece of paper with someone's name on it.  Kellee seemed nervous about the idea.  Wonder if she can go again or if they have to pick someone new?

Was expecting there to be a tribe swap next episode, but I guess not.

I don’t think Rob would make a good argument about not coupling up.  With all the talk of not knowing who Dean and Chelsea are, guess we’ll know them after this week.  

And I just can’t with the giant heads.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Chelsea, the supposed Survivor super-fan, getting involved in a showmance  ...

anigif_sub-buzz-6483-1513358100-1.gif

We dont know the whole deal though yet lol. Could be stringing Dean along OR yes she'll disappoint and betray the womens alliance. Could be a reason why Vince was betrayed and Tom was kept which RME. Wasnt Chelsea one of the biggest supporters of all womens alliance

1 hour ago, Josh371982 said:

Wasnt Chelsea one of the biggest supporters of all womens alliance

I said in the latest ep thread that I thought Chelsea and Missy were the only women that were actually interested in the women's alliance but the promo has me wondering about Chelsea. But I'm waiting to see how it really plays out. Like you said, she could be using him. Or she could be worried about Elaine/Elizabeth/Tom and want to get a side thing going. We'll see.

• Love 3

Glad to see Aaron is still feeling humbled after being blindsided week 1.  I'm amazed that people who were on the outs for a vote still come back and act like they are in charge.  

Can't disagree with him about the coupling up, though.

• Love 2

I don't know. I always go by the assumption that the preview is giving us misdirection so therefore not convinced Karishma will flip on her old Lairo members......  Unless she is on a swap tribe that includes Missy.

With the swap coming next week, Noura losing her vote for the next TC could be much more damaging than it would otherwise have been.

I wonder if they will do 8 and 8 or 5, 5 and 5 and send the 16th person to IOTI.

If they have 5 member tribes, Noura's lost vote could be critical.  Even if they go 8 and 8, with the swap, close votes are much more likely than with the original tribes.   

I think Jamal (clearly still bitter because he didn't get his way) may flip on his old tribe.  I can't imagine that guy being even more arrogant, but we may see that side if it happens, especially if he thinks he'll be the deciding vote.  And Noura is such a wild card she may vote someone off that isn't even on her new tribe.  But she may also be bitter about not getting her own way in the previous challenge.  Difference is, she'll probably come right out and tell everyone she's flipping.  Karishma I can see doing a 'I have all the power' right up to getting blindsided.  

Also, do we think Elaine and Jason stay with their old tribes?  Both were wearing the respective buffs, but the confessionals we saw in the preview sounded post-swap.  

On 10/18/2019 at 3:38 AM, Special K said:

After the swap, I bet Noura and Karishma both flip to the other side.  Then they'll be sorry they didn't boot Karishma this TC!  They'll end up with even-crazier Noura instead!

At least Noura has a work ethic. She was the one rousing on her tribe for not bringing wood back every time they go out of camp and so on. She's also enthusiastic, okay a little bit too enthusiastic, as opposed to Karishma's lazy whiny donothingism. (I noticed that terrible, deep, "cut-to-the-bone" wound had lost its bandage this ep, and she had a bandaid on a finger instead now. Woman is made of cottonwool!)

• Love 2
On 10/17/2019 at 11:59 AM, LadyChatts said:

Also, do we think Elaine and Jason stay with their old tribes?  Both were wearing the respective buffs,

The budget saved on not doing an intro now goes to the CG department for buff coloring for swap teasers.

On 10/19/2019 at 7:51 PM, violet and green said:

At least Noura has a work ethic. She was the one rousing on her tribe for not bringing wood back every time they go out of camp and so on. She's also enthusiastic, okay a little bit too enthusiastic, as opposed to Karishma's lazy whiny donothingism. (I noticed that terrible, deep, "cut-to-the-bone" wound had lost its bandage this ep, and she had a bandaid on a finger instead now. Woman is made of cottonwool!)

I want to see Noura and Karishma on the same tribe.

• LOL 3
On 10/20/2019 at 2:28 AM, LadyChatts said:

This is the previous preview video I posted (not sure why that one was deleted).

So, who is in the scrum with Missy?  I think it is Elaine, based upon the body type and black shorts.   What are they fighting over?  An idol? A personal dispute?  

When is the last time we've seen a Survivor catfight?   

ETA, apparently there was a secret scene of Elaine and Missy wrestling for fun, in Episode 2.  So, this is probably a red herring, not a real fight.  

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 1
(edited)

So next week...red herring or will NuVokai end up going to tribal based on the scenes we saw, of the Old Lairo saying the Old Vokai 4 going to rocks, and Aaron telling Jason he will sacrifice one of the girls?  

Maybe it was foreshadowing tonight when Elaine said she felt secure on her new tribe, since she was with her alliance (an alliance that Chelsea also thought she was a part of).

Edited by LadyChatts
59 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

So next week...red herring or will NuVokai end up going to tribal based on the scenes we saw, of the Old Lairo saying the Old Vokai 4 going to rocks, and Aaron telling Jason he will sacrifice one of the girls?  

Maybe it was foreshadowing tonight when Elaine said she felt secure on her new tribe, since she was with her alliance (an alliance that Chelsea also thought she was a part of).

The scene of the talking over at NuVokai could be a misdirect. I'm not sure if the previews would just give that away if they lost. If that is the case, Elaine could be in trouble.

1 hour ago, TVFan1 said:

The scene of the talking over at NuVokai could be a misdirect. I'm not sure if the previews would just give that away if they lost. If that is the case, Elaine could be in trouble.

With all the talk about Vokai strong and Missy/Aaron quickly flipping, it makes me wonder if an old Vokai member ends up getting ousted instead.

I feel like Elaine has more story to her.  She keeps coming across as the naive country bumpkin that is along for the ride, but clearly is more in tune with what’s going on.  Elizabeth, on the other hand, I don’t know what else she’s got.  In addition, Missy and Aaron both reek of being overconfident.  Could one of them turn on the other?  

It could be a boring boot at NuLairo.  Seems likely it’s either going to be Karishma or Dean.

3 hours ago, violet and green said:

Your wish has been granted!

They weren't as fun together as I hoped, at least not so far.  Though I guess, Noura dragging useless Karishma through the sand was hilarious.  

They should have put Kellee with Noura and put Karishma on the puzzle with Jamal and told her to just stay out of his way.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 10/23/2019 at 9:50 PM, LadyChatts said:

My guess is red herring since I think NuLairo is losing every single challenge before the merge.  It's kind of amazing how these random swaps so often end up with one tribe having a decided physical advantage over the other.

Onto next week.  I'm sure Missy and the girls will console Lauren, then give confessionals about how she needs to deal with it and that they are running things.  It will be interesting if anyone reveals to Elaine that her old tribe mates offered her up as a sacrifice, but I doubt she'll believe it.  

Looks like Lauren and Tommy might be plotting something, and we see Noura still trying to get Jamal out.  While I don't blame her for wanting to target someone that was initiailly targeting her...she's likely just making more of a target of herself.  Who goes to TC?  Could one of the tribes throw the challenge to vote keep their original tribes numbers as we get close to the merge?  And who from NuLairo will head to IOTI?  

• Love 1

If NuLairo goes to Tribal Council, I wonder if the original Vokai will vote either Dean or Karishma out, or if Noura, who is targeting Jamal and Jack get the boot instead. That would be interesting.

On 10/30/2019 at 11:10 PM, TVFan1 said:

If NuLairo goes to Tribal Council, I wonder if the original Vokai will vote either Dean or Karishma out, or if Noura, who is targeting Jamal and Jack get the boot instead. That would be interesting.

I could also see Kellee and Janet joining Noura and Dean (and possibly Karishma) to get rid of Jamal or Jack, who are bigger post merge threats.  We are getting to the point where thinking about the post merge makes more sense.

Jamal and Kellee both have idols and Keller's is good for only one more TC, which could make things interesting.

That said, I wonder if NuVokai will throw the next immunity challenge or 2, to eliminate Tommy, Lauren or Dan.

We might even see a situation where both tribes try to throw the challenge, which could be amusing, but ugly.

This is one of the reasons I hate tribe swaps.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Here's a preview for next week's episode.  There's also this blurb from Probst:

We’re about halfway through the season now. What can you tell us about next week’s episode?
I don’t want to tease too much, but I think when the episode is over, fans will once again have that feeling that Survivor is one of the very few shows that remains current and always of the moment. And because it is always of the moment, it can lead to some surprising and often inspiring conversations.

He didn't seem excited when he said 'we've never had a TC like this ever', but was more serious in tone.  Wondering if that goes along with the above or not.

Also, did he forget Varner outing Zeke?  I think that tops pretty much anything that could possibly happen at a TC.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Here's a preview for next week's episode.  There's also this blurb from Probst:

He didn't seem excited when he said 'we've never had a TC like this ever', but more serious in tone.  Wondering if that goes along with the above or not.

Also, did he forget Varner outing Zeke?  I think that tops pretty much anything that could possibly happen at a TC.  

Jeff does look and sound serious when he mentions about never having a tribal council like this, ever. I wonder what happens.

(edited)
3 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

Jeff does look and sound serious when he mentions about never having a tribal council like this, ever. I wonder what happens.

Dissecting a few things from the promos/the editing thus far:

NULAIRO:

-We see Noura trying to rally the ladies, and we know she's out for Jamal and Jack.  Jamal just had his moment about race with Jack, but maybe he's the one who gets schooled this episode for possibly saying or doing something sexist?  Could also be Dean or Jack that does it.  It looks like the men are forming an alliance to stick together.  And perhaps it's the reverse, and one of the ladies causes an uncomfortable moment (who knows what might come out of Noura's mouth, especially if her plan to oust Jamal or Jack backfires and she discovers the target turned on her).

-Karishma has been seen as an outsider who seems like she has a lot of baggage due to her life outside the game.  Maybe something happens at TC (I'm thinking Will vs Shirin but hopefully not that bad), and there's some kind of revelation made or she has some emotional breakdown?

NUVOKAI:

-Dan the creeper gets called out for being a creeper

-With how arrogant OldLairo seems, and I'm sure that will intensify after this past week's events, maybe they push someone to their breaking point and show no sympathy?  Missy and Aaron seem to do good damage control, but in TH they clearly don't give a damn about their game play.  So maybe they are seen as cold and hostile?

-Elaine is being underestimated, and we saw Lauren this past episode think she wasn't smart enough to find an idol or advantage.  So it could be something relating to Elaine as well.

Of course, this could always be another "I'm such a fan of the show, I've wanted to do it before anyone even thought of it, waaah don't vote me off!" moments, too.  Hard to tell with this show.  

Edited by LadyChatts

Because of this statement from the interview:

6 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

fans will once again have that feeling that Survivor is one of the very few shows that remains current and always of the moment. And because it is always of the moment, it can lead to some surprising and often inspiring conversations.

I'm leaning, but not very heavily, towards this

4 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

-Dan the creeper gets called out for being a creeper

Edited by SVNBob
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 11/2/2019 at 1:07 AM, SVNBob said:

Because of this statement from the interview:

I'm leaning, but not very heavily, towards this

There has to be a reason they spent so much time on Dan's inappropriate behavior during the first episode.