Type keyword(s) to search

My Sister Wife's Closet and Other Brown Family Business Ventures

• Start Topic

Hey I've scored some fairly nice crap from La Salle, lol.  I'm no snob with stuff like that

I'd rather be a " snob " than walk around looking like a homeless person. And it all depends upon the neighborhood, as well. Better income areas donate nicer stuff.

When my daughter was early school age, I found her lovely imported Italian clothing at a children's thrift shop.

Edited by youcantbeserious
  • Love 2

Annie....,Annie....what word starts we A can we use? Let's let the COO decide.

I have a toddler at home, so my brain automatically filled in with Dr Seuss's alphabet book: "A, A, what begins with A? Aunt Annies Alligators, A A A"

Maybe that's what this crew needs...alligators in a moat around the plyg-de-sac.

• Love 1

I'd rather be a " snob " than wlak around looking like a homeless person. And it all depends upon the neighborhood, as well. Better income areas donate nicer stuff.

When my daughter was early school age, I found her lovely imported Italian clothing at a children's thrift shop.

Oh man, I didn't mean to make my post sound like I was taking a dig towards you re 'snob'-not at all- my point was if even the likes of me, an unapologetic and avowed thrift store shopper thinks it's bad....it's pretty bad. It's true regarding what area you are in, although in the past the stuff was much better than it is now. I'm convinced now the people who go though the trucks have a deal with consignment shops or the better stuff is somehow going somewhere else by hook or crook- and the actual SA or Goodwill stores get the leftovers. There also seems to be a strange inconsistency with the pricing, like something from Target priced higher than something from Hugo Boss.  I thought MSWC would have had more practical-type things reasonably priced, rather than made-in-China-ebay-store-for-teenagers.  I can't even wear nickel earrings as I like  many other people, am allergic to it.

I went to take a gander and see if anything had changed, one of the search results was this other site selling their stuff,

http://pkufy.yktct.servertrust.com/category_s/1825.htm 

which was weird. One gets the feeling there is only one person really on board and for the rest, it is a kind of 'front' for a tax write-off

note the web address is not the usual one

• Love 1

BlackWidow, I'm kind of weird about clicking on links like that particularly at work, but I'm wondering if the link leads to something else other than Annie's fugly purses?  A lot of the junque that MSWC is shilling these days is also available (generally significantly cheaper) at other websites such as Amazon, with the exact same description verbiage.  I'm guessing that they're using drop-shipping and they never see that merchandise. 

• Love 1

The merchandise looks like stock from the gift shop of a hotel that caters to people on budget bus tours. Judging from the way Robyn dresses, she's working from limited knowledge of style anyway.

No matter, I'd bet a luxurious rhodium-plated nickel Strong Women pendant, this business is just another Brown tax scheme anyway.

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 6

This evening I was watching a taped scene from past Sister Wives shows. This one was about MSWC being put on the internet. Interesting isn't it, how crappy the site is despite paying a so-called expert to do it. Anyway, the Browns were watching the count of their website viewers. Meri said, " The jewelry isn't cheap. " Kody said,

" It isn't discount jewelry. " Then why was it made with cheap discount material?

• Love 1

Thatt's funny.  The one on the bottom right is the ugliest to me and the green one is the only one I could come close to considering as a catch all type bag for train trips.  None of them would ever be an actual purse for me.

I love handmade bags and clothing that have a strong boho sensibility, but these bags AREN'T THAT. The fabrics look like fire sale remnants at a discount upholstery outlet, and there is nothing to make them compelling. If the lines are going to be extremely simple (and the extremely basic lines of these bags are mind-numbing) then you're going to have to make it work with fabric and embellishments.

PS: Robyn, for crying out loud! You do not need to give every single trinket on your site it's OWN SPECIAL NAME!!! You don't even need a bouncy description for each thing--that you are trying too hard is PAINFULLY obvious. One blurb about all the bags in your line is more than enough. Oh god, why do I have these imaginary conversations with this dingbat?

• Love 4

Before signing off MSWC, I notices the "blog" page, and couldn't resist. Written by Christine, the most recent post is a LONG description of their fabulous night watching the Oscars as a family. Highlights:

No paragraph breaks.

Partway through, the text switches into italics.

They were SHOCKED that Lady Gaga can sing.

Neil Patrick Harris in his "whitie tighties" was amusing, but not shocking. Although I'm sure the strapless gowns were scandalous? Meh, probably not; now that the some of the wives have tasted beer, they're a worldly crew. ;) (Christine, repeat after me: tighty-whities...tighty-whities.)

Kody: boxers, briefs, garment, commando, or Robyn's VS panties? Vote now, before our poll closes.

• Love 3

Oh help me! Stuck inside on a cold winter's day with Sisters Wives(wife's,wifes',wives') running nonstop helping me get my learn on. Thanks "learning" channel.

Ok now someone please tell me about the music on MSWC site!!! Seriously, all I can imagine is watching an old K-Tel commercial with a blazing fireplace and shadows of the wives all curled up on a bearskin rug.

Now, where are they storing all these unsold products? Maybe filling up Meri's empty bedrooms?

Ok now someone please tell me about the music on MSWC site!!!

Oh, the dulcet tones of Lady Van Love! Don't you now understand why Meri has been seduced into following them around the greater Southwest as a latter-day band girl?

• Love 1

Bahahaha! She groupies them you say? I tried their website but much like MSWC it didn't seem to like my iPad.

There has got to be some lawyers working on this seeing as they are selling music that isn't theirs. And I think I saw you can get it on iTunes as well.

(edited)

yup FUGLY.

Annie's Attitudes?  the name?  Probably cos they both begin with an A and sound good together.  

Lol. If you notice when they showed her purses on the show (on a wall rack of some sort), one of them had knockoff Fendi "FF" fabric...( I am a designer bag addict hence my noticing it :))

Forget getting arrested for polygamy....how bout copyright infringement? LOL. 

Exhibit A:

sisterwifebag.jpg

Edited by BostonBlonde
  • Love 1
(edited)

There has got to be some lawyers working on this seeing as they are selling music that isn't theirs.

They have some sort of marketing agreement with LVL. They were the "featured" band that played at their commitment ceremony and some of their music has been on the show. They started selling their music at the Closet a while ago, a tune at a time, but folks were having a hard time downloading it. Meri has tweeted about traveling to their concerts in Utah and went to some awards ceremony (like a low-rent regional Grammy thing) where they won some kind of award. Look closely and you will see her wearing their T-shirts. She tweets about them like a Beliber tweets about you-know-who. It's really weird and.....sad.

Well, don't forget about the "colada" rings!

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • Love 1

Look closely and you will see her wearing their T-shirts. She tweets about them like a Beliber tweets about you-know-who. It's really weird

This poor band, dipped in genuine silver. No one is gonna buy them.

• Love 1

Lol. If you notice when they showed her purses on the show (on a wall rack of some sort), one of them had knockoff Fendi "FF" fabric...( I am a designer bag addict hence my noticing it :))

Exhibit A:

sisterwifebag.jpg

I bet she has no idea what Fendi is.

I love handmade bags and clothing that have a strong boho sensibility, but these bags AREN'T THAT. The fabrics look like fire sale remnants at a discount upholstery outlet, and there is nothing to make them compelling. If the lines are going to be extremely simple (and the extremely basic lines of these bags are mind-numbing) then you're going to have to make it work with fabric and embellishments.

PS: Robyn, for crying out loud! You do not need to give every single trinket on your site it's OWN SPECIAL NAME!!! You don't even need a bouncy description for each thing--that you are trying too hard is PAINFULLY obvious. One blurb about all the bags in your line is more than enough. Oh god, why do I have these imaginary conversations with this dingbat?

I actually almost feel bag for picking apart Annie's purses. I also have an affinity for handmade farmer's market crunchy boho world market bags, but these are really expensive and don't look well-made. Annie seemed like a nice person who enjoys sewing, and if these bags supplement her income (I have no idea what she does for a living), then she's put in far more initiative than the rest of them. Oh, and Robyn has no clue what she's doing.

• Love 1

Point is that The King wanted aprons, not T-shirts, to sell on the site. And what is there? Yet he can spew "emotional vomit" on everyone about never making a decision. It's like he doesn't realize these shows are on tape and don't disappear after being aired once. He probably thinks he's Ethan Hunt and the tape will self-destruct five seconds after viewing.

The aprons represent what women mean to Kody---it's always about Kody. Aprons symboplize servitude in the kitchen so the Lord & Master needn't lift his finger.

• Love 1

I bet she has no idea what Fendi is.

I actually almost feel bag for picking apart Annie's purses. I also have an affinity for handmade farmer's market crunchy boho world market bags, but these are really expensive and don't look well-made. Annie seemed like a nice person who enjoys sewing, and if these bags supplement her income (I have no idea what she does for a living), then she's put in far more initiative than the rest of them. Oh, and Robyn has no clue what she's doing.

I like Annie, too. She needs to make her prices realistic and put the bags on Etsy. Even as unappealing as I find these specific bags (the red one is fair), she'd be better off consigning them somewhere for a reasonable price than she is lumping them in with the Robyn Brown flea market extravaganza. The reality, too, of such an item, is that you will absolutely have thin profit margins, unless you're discovered by some Hollywood type and become a "thing," as sometimes happens. I really don't think there's much chance of that with these bags, though. Even with the embellishments, she's playing it way too safe. At this stage, she can't hope to do much more than recoup her cost of materials, and to produce like crazy. I do wish her the best. Many years ago, my husband owned the first and only take-and-bake pizza place in town (before there was such a thing as Papa Murphy's). His joke was that he wouldn't need to sell so many pizzas if he could just interest people in buying $100 pizzas. Pretty sure that's the MSWC ethos.

• Love 2

I was surprised that the Browns did so well hawking that LIV detox crap that Kody was awarded that Nissan Murano sports car. Making that amount should be a definite help with the mortgages.

See link & scroll down for info:

http://realhousewifeofaiken.com/2013/08/01/sister-wives-and-the-mcmansions-on-the-cul-de-sac/

Gee, if he really did have family values, he should,have insisted on a tricked out van or suv.

I was surprised that the Browns did so well hawking that LIV detox crap that Kody was awarded that Nissan Murano sports car. Making that amount should be a definite help with the mortgages.

See link & scroll down for info:

http://realhousewifeofaiken.com/2013/08/01/sister-wives-and-the-mcmansions-on-the-cul-de-sac/

Gee, if he really did have family values, he should,have insisted on a tricked out van or suv.

I remember about green drink from a while ago, but if you hit that link it isn't there any more. 

i just hit the link on March 02 at 8:38 am EST. The link IS there & I was able to fully cut & paste it. Maybe the problem is your browser.

I could get this link, just not the green juice link. Or did you get that one too? I really have been wondering whether they are selling green juice and making some money, and this that is the work Mary -- for one -- has been busy doing. 

(edited)

I could get this link, just not the green juice link. Or did you get that one too? I really have been wondering whether they are selling green juice and making some money, and this that is the work Mary -- for one -- has been busy doing. 

On the above link, did you scroll down to the 6th or 7th paragraph which says at the last sentence::

" LIV representatives go out into the world, give demonstrations and try to recruit new reps by offering incentives, like points towards ocean cruises.  Kody must be very good at it, because he won a Nissan Murano Cross cabriolet from the company."

Sorry if my reference wasn't clear. The link I mentioned was to the article itself, not a link to LIV.

• Love 1

On the above link, did you scroll down to the 6th or 7th paragraph which says at the last sentence::

" LIV representatives go out into the world, give demonstrations and try to recruit new reps by offering incentives, like points towards ocean cruises.  Kody must be very good at it, because he won a Nissan Murano Cross cabriolet from the company."

Sorry if my reference wasn't clear. The link I mentioned was to the article itself, not a link to LIV.

What I wondering about is this. I think he won the Nissan a few years ago while they were still in Utah. I wonder how they're doing these days. I assume TLC doesn't allow them to talk about green juice on the show. 

• Love 2

Have you seen a Murano Cross Cabriolet? Remember that episode of "Friends" where Rachel makes the trifle with meat? That's kind of what the Cross Cabriolet is, it's like someone had designs for a convertible and half the page got stuck on the designs for an ugly SUV, and somehow the whole thing got greenlit, probably by a drunk executive on the golf course by accident.

So maybe they weren't rewarding Kody so much as punishing him...

• Love 7

What I wondering about is this. I think he won the Nissan a few years ago while they were still in Utah. I wonder how they're doing these days. I assume TLC doesn't allow them to talk about green juice on the show. 

According to Answers. com: A 2012 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet  Base MSRP is around $45,000; Kody's was a gift from his company. His clan moved in 2012 so it would be right before/right after Vegas. I can go along with not being allowed to talk about that detox stuff being it's considered free advertising. I also heard that the

Browns are not allowed to discuss their religion on air but I don't know why. Maybe it's to hide investigations on other AUB polygamists.

(edited)

Have you seen a Murano Cross Cabriolet? Remember that episode of "Friends" where Rachel makes the trifle with meat? That's kind of what the Cross Cabriolet is, it's like someone had designs for a convertible and half the page got stuck on the designs for an ugly SUV, and somehow the whole thing got greenlit, probably by a drunk executive on the golf course by accident.

Living in NYC, as a non-driver on a street with a train line & several bus lines, I am the last to be car savvy. Sister Wives was the 1st time I ever viewed such a car, much less heard of it. But I thought it was the ugliest darn vehicle I ever saw, reminding me of a cross between a sports car & golf cart. I guess if Kody needed cash in an emergency, he could always try to auction it off. I could see it doing loads better than the joory biz.

• Love 2

This made me laugh so hard. Not easy with a wicked head cold. Thanks for that!

According to Answers. com: A 2012 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet  Base MSRP is around $45,000; Kody's was a gift from his company. His clan moved in 2012 so it would be right before/right after Vegas. I can go along with not being allowed to talk about that detox stuff being it's considered free advertising. I also heard that the

Browns are not allowed to discuss their religion on air but I don't know why. Maybe it's to hide investigations on other AUB polygamists.

I always got the impression (right before the first season started) that the Browns CHOSE not to discuss religious aspects.  I'm guessing the AUB told them not to.  TLC if memory serves did state that religion wasn't going to be discussed.

as a rule since LIV is an MLM, they didn't "give" the car to Kody.  The car is/was a LEASE vehicle.  The standard way that's done by MLMs is they follow the Mary Kay procedure.  The company pays the lease fees and the insurance - as long as the "associate" keeps their downline sales/$$$ up.  If it goes down, the associate is on the hook for the monthly charge. 

I HIGHLY doubt they've made their LIV sales goals lately.  Kody probably bought the car outright when the lease ran out.  http://www.pinktruth.com/2008/02/career-car-guidelines-2008/

• Love 1

This made me laugh so hard. Not easy with a wicked head cold. Thanks for that!

Anytime! Glad it amused you! (I had this sinking fear as I wrote the comment that someone was going to chime in and declare their love for the CrossCabriolet or something!)

• Love 1

I always got the impression (right before the first season started) that the Browns CHOSE not to discuss religious aspects.  I'm guessing the AUB told them not to.  TLC if memory serves did state that religion wasn't going to be discussed.

Oh, I think that they tried to play the religious card b/c I remember in the early episodes we saw all of them gathering, kneeling and crossing their arms to pray in someone's living room.

• Love 1

Yeah, they aren't allowed to name the AUB--orders from the AUB when they allowed them to do the show.  That is my understanding anyway.

Kody's car before the green goo car was also a sports car, maybe even a two-seater.  What a selfish creep he is!  I'm sure his excuse was that he needed a cool car for his sales job.  That's another thing that raises my blood pressure--he drives the cool car while his wives drive crap (in the old days).  They have nice cars now, but I'd bet they are all leased.

• Love 1
(edited)

One of the "Global Girl" bags is literally my parents' sofa pillows. "Upholstery fabric," indeed!

http://mysisterwifescloset.com/shop/global-girl-handbag-5/

Exactly! One of the others looks a lot like my own sofa.

ETA: Upholstery fabric would be a bit more sturdy for a bag, and at least they're purses...not "commitment ceremony" dresses. Because who would do THAT??

And, GOOD NEWS, everyone: Robyn's Audrey Belle shirts are now on sale, $39.99 reduced from $49.99 (?!) BTW, where did Robyn REALLY get that name? Look at this (the store AND the item name): http://www.poppycove.com/bagsscarves/audrey-belle-briefcase

Edited by SometimesBites

With apologies to the couch, the purse doesn't look half bad.  Annie must be a good seamstress as upholstery isn't easy to sew, and with inside pockets at a price that doesn't break the bank.  Go Annie.  The shirts and scarves aren't photographed and shown well.  No wonder they are on sale.

I waded through the schmaltzy description of one of the t-shirts. The size descriptions are interesting. An extra small measures only 14.5 in. across and the extra large, the biggest, is 18.75 in across. The sleeves look very narrow in the picture. In other words, the shirt is designed to give the wearer the Brown women sausage in a casing look. Lovely.

• Love 1
he sleeves look very narrow in the picture. In other words, the shirt is designed to give the wearer the Brown women sausage in a casing look.

Or secretly stuff non-believers into Mormon undergarments without their knowledge.  They'd be part of that secret society of goofballs without even knowing it!

• Love 1

Hey, big big news from MSWC!! I just went to their site, and they're having a really big SPRING SALE!! Yes, as we enter the month of September, it's clear that Robyn Brown really has this business thing nailed down.

I'm sure Robyn blames Meri -- who BTW looks like she's having a lot of fun these days on Twitter.
  • Love 1

I wonder if MSWC will get any storyline play in the upcoming season. Robyn pushed pretty hard on the "I love being a bizness woman" notion in social media a while back. What a crock. As if awful junk for sale and the seizure-inducing web design (complete with Christine's two blog posts) isn't bad enough, but Robyn can't even be bothered to keep the site up to date. Guess being the legal wife is just too taxing.

• Love 1

Be-Values stuff is marked down, probably because it's an overpriced line of boring junk that never had a chance. The soaps look OK, but every farmers' market in the country offers fresher homemade products for better prices. 

Robyn is done with her little business. If it keeps going, it's because she roped someone else in the family into doing the work. I hope this is the last season of these grifters and their show. It's a countdown until they lose the LV mansions with wet bars and pools and have to move back to the communal home in Utah, the state that hates them.

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 1

Starting the countdown at 10, they must be down to around 3.  All of those kids in college and nothing coming in but TLC money (and a waning audiece bored with the same old "gimme" attitude) and another mouth to feed on the way.  Better start packing up, those loans will be coming due pretty soon.

• Love 1

When do the mortgages get re-evaluated?  I really suspect that's when they will lose them and have to retreat to Utah.  Particularly if the show goes belly-up after this season (I continue to believe that they only got this season because of the marriage shenanigans and the Duggar nose-dive).

• Love 1
(I continue to believe that they only got this season because of the marriage shenanigans and the Duggar nose-dive).

I agree.  I think they have been running on fumes for quite a while but TLC has really lost some heavy hitters with the squeaky clean God people taking a major fall.

I think they must be close to needing to remortgage those places, shouldn't they?  Or maybe every minute with Kodoofus and his harem seems like a year to me.

I think they must be close to needing to remortgage those places, shouldn't they?  Or maybe every minute with Kodoofus and his harem seems like a year to me.

I was thinking the three-year interest-only loans were needing refinancing at the end of this year. Didn't they move into the homes Christmas 2012?

• Love 1