Type keyword(s) to search

S28: Sailor Brinkley-Cook: Modeling the Mambo

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

I’m a little disappointed. I was hoping to see how far she would go - I’m the same age and would have been rooting for her!

I'm the same age, too, and I'm very disappointed.  She was the only one I was excited about.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Thadeeeyus said:

I'm the same age, too, and I'm very disappointed.  She was the only one I was excited about.  

I've always hoped for a senior citizen who had an actual chance of winning, and she was probably it. So boo to this news 😞

• Love 5

I saw a clip it was a little slow  short  fall  backwards landed  on her butt   legs straight out in front of hershe put her hands down  at her sides.....She looks great but I wonder if she has brittle bones  from her younger days as a model (they had to stay so slim)

Edited by sue450
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I haven't heard much about this though I was just trolled by someone on Twitter with #Fakefall.  People are saying "Well she fell on the left arm, so why is the right one bandaged up?!  FAKE! ALL FAKE!"

The way I see it, you would need to be pretty desperate to fake an injury in order to get out of the show.  And Christie is not that much of an actress to fake horrible pain as seen in the videos. And the show, who is certainly in its rebuilding season, can't afford more bad press than it already has with the casting.

• Love 5

I can’t stand Cristy.  When on a talk show she turns her back to the host and directs her conversation to the audience instead of the host.  It radiates look at me.  She is not very bright either.  I am being kind. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I’m disappointed because I thought the daughter replacing her would be Alexa Joel. 

That would've made more sense since people actually know who Alexa is, but apparently she's booked doing a gig in NYC this week.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Yes, the bottom two were not the right bottom two, but I think the judges made the best choice in keeping Ally.

And I think that Sailor's incessant sobbing was really over the top.  It's just a !@#$% silly dance show, for Christ's sake, and not a real competition by any means.  I almost feel that the girl is not emotionally healthy.

• Love 2

I believe she was OTT crying because she was really enjoying herself and wanted to stay a bit longer as she was finally starting to get over her stage fright. Her response to the elimination was fairly normal, and I see nothing wrong with it.

• Love 12

Wow.  She's young (and developmentally, I'd say she's a year or two younger than her 21 years) and likely physically and mentally exhausted.  This idea that because you are rich, everything is a bowl of roses and you have to perform (I mean perform in the sense of projecting a life here, not dancing) blissed out happy all the time is weird.  Having a yacht does not make someone impervious to disappointment and overwhelm.  I can't even imagine what the logic of that equation is.

I hope Sailor isn't reading social media this week.  The judgements from people who don't know her and don't know her circumstances but think they are experts on how her life is/should be are fairly intolerable to read if you aren't Sailor, but if you are...  It's not like she's done something evil or preposterous or unkind even.  She couldn't get her emotions under control -- it happens.

Edited by crowceilidh
  • Love 16

I liked Sailor and I thought she had a lot of potential to grow.  She should not have been voted off this early.

Regarding her "privileged" life, if you remember, her father was caught fooling around with the babysitter.  That can't have been easy to watch her mother go through that.   All the money in the world can't make up for your father being a douche, and losing trust in people you love.

• Love 6

I like Sailor but I agree with the poster above who said to me she had this wide eyed innocence and enthusiasm that made her come off younger than her years.  I know she's only 21, but IMO she's a young 21.  Not a judgement, just something I noticed.

Also in terms of privilege, I don't think there is any doubt Sailor has been through some difficult things.  Or that rich people don't have problems.  She still generally in society is privileged compared both to people who aren't white and don't have the same opportunities granted to them and people with less money, who can't afford the same opportunities that Sailor can afford.  But I'm sure she's seen some things.

Where I think this season is tough is because there aren't any major ringers, we have a lot of pretty good dancers with room to grow and so any week it's very much a trade off as to who can leave  Also at some point, or maybe it's already started, the audience is going to choose their fighters and so good dancers will get eliminated.  I wasn't surprised to see a woman go this week just because we have a handful of 20 something women and at some point they are going to cancel each other out and Sailor was the least known.

For me personally, I'm sad for Sailor because of how bummed she was and how much she wanted to be there, but I'm not hugely torn up for it from a dance perspective outside of she should have outlasted Sean. I think Sailor is probably better than Lauren and Karamo but I think Lauren has the fanbase to not wind up there for awhile.

• Love 3