Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: He's Basically A Hound

• Start Topic

Airs September 3, 2019

The final four teams head east to Wolfville, N.S., and the Annapolis Valley, where they compete for a spot in the Season 7 finale.

YES!!!  I can relax and enjoy the finale now, even tho I want Anthony and James to win, I like the other couples and would be ok with either of them winning.  Good for Sarah, I was worried, she has a terrific partner.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, Pepper the Cat said:

Still good bye Dave and Irina!

I was surprised that Irina didn't appear to melt down as they dropped to last place. She and Dave snapped at each other at the apple task a bit but they seemed to keep it together. And at the mat they were practically gracious about their elimination.

It felt like there was a lot of movement this episode and I was worried for Sarah at the tasting, Anthony and James at the hockey, and Lauren and Joanne with the driving. I am normally skeptical about the last minute suspense over who will come last because 99% of the time the team in the lead makes it, so I wasn't shocked to see Lauren and Joanne make it though.

YES! YES! YES! YES!

David and Irina are FINALLY gone. And in typical Dave style he had to say at the bathmat of elimination of being THE strongest team ever. Whatever, David.  Well at least they didn't break down and cry at the elimination pit stop.

Now  I can watch the finale and cheer for all of them.

That Nova Scotia folk song was really pretty.

• Love 5

So goodbye David and Irina. Don’t let an apple hit you in the ass on the way out. 

I knew the words to Fare Thee Well to Nova Scotia from campfire singalongs long ago so that’s one task out of dozens that I can say I would have rocked  

It’s kind of weird to head into a TAR finale (albeit the Can con version) and actually like all 3 final teams. I think I’d prefer Anthony and James to win but I’d be pretty good with either of the other two also. It’s strange not to be rooting against anyone. 

• Love 6

Totally unbalanced detour, and it was obvious that there was no suspense after that battle was decided.  We never saw both teams together at the next challenge, we just heard claims they were to add suspense, saying 'so close' numerous times.  The singing task didn't really add suspense and neither did the pit stop as everybody asked knew exactly where it was.  The car adverts weren't that interesting either.

Only one non-preaching team left, and that's the sisters.  I really hope neither of the other two wins though it's likely that will happen.  They are like caricatures preaching every leg to the audience.  Anthony and James going on about not fitting into boxes while describing a box they put themselves into and the other team giving out their lessons every race, in this leg it was about how 'you have two choices in life'.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 2

Being two-spirit isn't putting themselves in a box.  In fact, it's pretty much the exact opposite.  

So glad to see the vile and obnoxious Dave & Irina gone.  Funny how these challenges are so much harder when you can't cheat. It's their own fault for choosing the apple detour but I guess the Queen didn't want to do sledge because then she might actually have to do something hard.  FYI, the two of them were all over the TAR Canada twitter feed after the show aired, chirping at and being obnoxious to anyone who mentioned they were happy with the outcome. These people hadn't tagged them which means Dave & Irina were purposely seeking out tweets so they could be assholes.  So, yeah, not an act at all.  They really are like that outside of the race too. 

Like the majority of people, I would be happy with any of the remaining teams winning.  If being kind, decent people means that you're preaching (it doesn't), I'll gladly hang out with the preachers over the assholes any day.

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, Pepper the Cat said:

How can you not know the lyrics to Farewell to Nova Scotia?? 

I think most people outside of NS have probably never even heard of that song. It's not like people are going to be singing that song in any of the other provinces.  

17 hours ago, Pepper the Cat said:

How can you not know the lyrics to Farewell to Nova Scotia?? 

I was born and raised in Canada.  I didn't know the lyrics—I've never heard the song—I've never even heard of the song. I can do Snowbird, I Just Haven't Met You Yet, or When You're Gone, I don't not listen to music, but I don't think this song's as well known as you believe it to be.

• Love 1

Dave is also all over the TAR Canada Facebook page, cheerfully trolling for all the negative comments he can get. I guess for some people, any attention is good attention...

(And, I hate to say, people are obliging him in spades. Ignoring him would be much better, if almost impossible).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, ashleylm said:

I was born and raised in Canada.  I didn't know the lyrics—I've never heard the song—I've never even heard of the song. I can do Snowbird, I Just Haven't Met You Yet, or When You're Gone, I don't not listen to music, but I don't think this song's as well known as you believe it to be.

Ditto.  I mean, it was a cute little song but I would be willing to bet that 99% of Canadians outside of NS have never heard of it.

25 minutes ago, surreysmum said:

Dave is also all over the TAR Canada Facebook page, cheerfully trolling for all the negative comments he can get. I guess for some people, any attention is good attention...

I will never understand people who enjoy being dickheads on purpose.  You must be right about the attention.  I wish people would not respond to his posts.

• Love 1

I’m so glad they’re gone.  They were truly one of the only teams I’ve flat out disliked.  I still wish Aarthy and Thinesh had made it.  They were my favourites.  But I’m good with any of the remaking three.

Also, I’m from Ontario, I’ve heard the song Farewell to Nova Scotia but I don’t know the words.

Edited by Tiggertoo

Who would have guessed that APPLES would be the downfall of Dave and Irina?  🤣

I like all three remaining teams, but I would prefer Anthony and James to win.

Looking forward to the finale!

Please TAR Canada - don't EVER, EVER, EVER invite Dave and Irina back.

• Love 6

I'm a Maritimer, tho not from Nova Scotia, and I know Farewell to Nova Scotia very well, I would've rocked that challenge! (Well except for backing the truck up, can't do that worth shit, even with a backup camera!)

I found James and Anthony's reference to 'two spirts' interesting.  It brought back vague memories of a documentary I'd seen ages ago, about how the Natives once held in high regard those born with the spirit of both a man and a woman, not sure if they called them Homosexuals back then.  When the white men arrived to 'educate' them, they were taught that it was a sin.   

Edited by wintrygal
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Can I just say that I was very impressed by the judge at the apple orchard who could just randomly glance at the apples and instantly know if they were correctly sorted or not.

A lot of the apples did look very much alike, so it was definitely a hard detour.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, wintrygal said:

I found James and Anthony's reference to 'two spirts' interesting.  It brought back vague memories of a documentary I'd seen ages ago, about how the Natives once held in high regard those born with the spirit of both a man and a woman, not sure if they called them Homosexuals back then.   

Two-spirit isn't gay though. It's closer to what white people would call non-binary (though the notion of a gender binary doesn't exist at all in the relevant communities).

Kinda underwhelmed by this final three. This season has been TERRIBLY planned on the production side of things (the international legs are usually the better ones on this franchise, and to not only lose them but spend six out of eleven legs in boring locations in BC and Ontario was downright depressing), despite the show finally fixing its tendency to rely on dancing and acting challenges all the time, but the cast generally did a good job elevating shitty source material in a way the last two casts haven't, and it's sad that we've lost two of the all-time great trainwreck teams in the last two legs to end up with two dull teams and a team who's okayyy but too reliant on prefabricated storylines to stay relevant as the final three.

• Love 1

I definitely wouldn't call either of them all-time great trainwrecks.  I actually wouldn't call Dave & Irina or Arthy & Thinesh trainwrecks at all.  Neither team really fought with each other and they did well on most of the challenges. Arthy got a little whiny towards the end when she was stressed out but it's not like they had a meltdown or anything.

I don't really understand how referencing your life constitutes a pre-fabricated storyline. I mean, I'm not even sure which specific team you're referring to but it could apply to all 3.  Sam & Sara are the never-give-up Olympians.  The sisters are the small-town Saskatchewan girls. And James & Anthony are the married First Nations couple.  That's just who they are. 

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 2
On 9/6/2019 at 11:32 PM, Rachel RSL said:

Those two are human garbage. 

No they aren't. He's a professional fighter who wants you to tune in to his next fight hoping to see "the baddie" get beaten up, that's all. It's pure panto.

In his world a hater is a fan too.

It's not panto though.  I don't know how much more disgraceful behaviour we need to see from those two before people stop using the "it's all an act" defense for them.  When you behave like that 24/7 on every single media platform, there's nothing pretend about it - that's who you are.  Not to mention, his fighting career is basically in Myanmar so it's not like anybody from Canada is going to be seeing any of his fights anyway, so he's not doing it to promote his fights.

• Love 4