Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E20: Mind Playing Tricks on Me

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

Aaron hosts an elegant fundraiser for his new "Black Minds Matter" cause, bringing everyone together for a night to remember. The gang is excited to meet the event's special guest, especially Luca, and Zoey makes sure to do everything to get him the face time he wants. Sky is feeling overwhelmed by Jazz and Doug's overattentiveness.

Airdate: July 31, 2019

I wanted to shake Zoey when she initially turned down that job. It's not like the job got offered to Luca first and she stole it from him. What bothers me is seeing girls walk away from opportunities because they're worried that their boyfriends will be upset. If a guy can't handle your success, he doesn't deserve you.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I wanted to shake Zoey when she initially turned down that job. It's not like the job got offered to Luca first and she stole it from him. What bothers me is seeing girls walk away from opportunities because they're worried that their boyfriends will be upset. If a guy can't handle your success, he doesn't deserve you.

Could not agree more. Remember that situation-ship I mentioned a few episodes ago? That guy was older than I am and wasn't doing that well professionally (starving artist with a part-time day job). I got a promotion and I was able to move out of my place with roommates and into one of my own. My place was bigger than his. He "joked" that I didn't deserve it. (He was trash, y'all.)

Zoey should have jumped at that chance and not even given Luca a thought, frankly.

Loved her dress at the party.

The crutches thing with Junior was really sweet.

• Love 8

Oh Zoey, never turn down an opportunity like that just because it might hurt your guys feelings if your successful! If he is worthy of being your guy, he will be supportive of your success. I really dont know how Luka will take the news, its hard to tell with him. If he gets all snippy about it, Zoey better not apologize. 

I mean really, how does Luka expect to network with a guy for a job or something by just weirdly standing near him and never saying a word? The guy who gave Zoey the job nailed it when he said that Luka is just too cool. 

Awww Junior! That was really sweet, and I kind of love them together. Everyone looked great tonight, especially Ana. She was really mature with Aaron tonight, all things considered. 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Seriously. She spends enough time tiptoeing around Luca's delicate sensibilities as it is. She's just lucky that the job opportunity was still available when she finally came to her senses and decided to go for it.

9 hours ago, Empress1 said:

The crutches thing with Junior was really sweet.

I know they were originally paired up as a goof, but Junior and Skye are kinda starting to grow on me. There, I said it.

• Love 13
38 minutes ago, TVForever said:

I know they were originally paired up as a goof, but Junior and Skye are kinda starting to grow on me. There, I said it.

They're probably only a year apart in age, correct? She's a sophomore, and he would have been a freshman.

• Love 4

It really feels like they're trying to figure out which show is best for Marcus Scribner. I love the actor, but the timelines between the shows are so confusing that I'd prefer him on one or the other. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Aileen said:

It really feels like they're trying to figure out which show is best for Marcus Scribner. I love the actor, but the timelines between the shows are so confusing that I'd prefer him on one or the other. 

He is also on She-Ra and the Princesses of Power so he is probably just bouncing around and staying busy.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

He is also on She-Ra and the Princesses of Power so he is probably just bouncing around and staying busy.

Pretty much, similar to Atticus from The Middle. He was not only playing Brick, but was also doing voices for The Lion King Disney series and also doing a few video games on the side too. As they say: "Have to pay the bills." 

• Love 4
On 8/1/2019 at 1:53 PM, tennisgurl said:

Oh Zoey, never turn down an opportunity like that just because it might hurt your guys feelings if your successful! If he is worthy of being your guy, he will be supportive of your success. I really dont know how Luka will take the news, its hard to tell with him. If he gets all snippy about it, Zoey better not apologize. 

I mean really, how does Luka expect to network with a guy for a job or something by just weirdly standing near him and never saying a word? The guy who gave Zoey the job nailed it when he said that Luka is just too cool. 

Awww Junior! That was really sweet, and I kind of love them together. Everyone looked great tonight, especially Ana. She was really mature with Aaron tonight, all things considered. 

Luca has always gotten things just handed to him with no effort because of his cool factor. People consider him to be something of a fashion and artistic genius. It was nice to see that backfire for a bit.

• Love 4
On 8/1/2019 at 12:46 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I wanted to shake Zoey when she initially turned down that job. It's not like the job got offered to Luca first and she stole it from him.

Exactly.  The guy told her explicitly that Luca never had that job, and never would have it.  So she didn't "steal" anything from him.

On 8/1/2019 at 1:34 PM, TVForever said:

She spends enough time tiptoeing around Luca's delicate sensibilities as it is

This times 1000.

On 8/2/2019 at 9:32 AM, Aileen said:

It really feels like they're trying to figure out which show is best for Marcus Scribner

This show is so much better for Junior, as a character.  He's not everyone's punching bag, and he and Sky are cute together.  Moreover, you can tell Junior's not treating her like a princess (take note, Luca) because he wants something, but because he feels she deserves it.

• Love 6
On 8/5/2019 at 1:41 PM, jhlipton said:

Exactly.  The guy told her explicitly that Luca never had that job, and never would have it.  So she didn't "steal" anything from him.

This times 1000.

This show is so much better for Junior, as a character.  He's not everyone's punching bag, and he and Sky are cute together.  Moreover, you can tell Junior's not treating her like a princess (take note, Luca) because he wants something, but because he feels she deserves it.

Right and as a result, I think that's where they should have taken the character and not that "gap year" writing by the seat of their pants BS they did with Junior the past year. 

• Love 2