Type keyword(s) to search

Harley Quinn In The Media: Twelve Days of Madness

• Start Topic

Oh, it certainly is. And the funniest part is that I heard a few people getting very angry about it. Because they had no idea what the punchline was and felt cheated. Because they were not among the fifteen people in the world who have watched this cartoon.

5 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Is Harley Quinn still coming back this Friday?

Yes! I'll create the episode thread later today. DC Universe will actually have two original episodes premiering tomorrow: the finale of All-Star Games and the new HQ.

(edited)

S2.E1 Synopsis

After Gotham is declared no longer part of the United States, the newly formed Injustice League tries to seize control of the city away from Harley.

8 hours ago, MarkHB said:

Yes! I'll create the episode thread later today. DC Universe will actually have two original episodes premiering tomorrow: the finale of All-Star Games and the new HQ.

Edited by paigow
  • Love 1
On 4/24/2020 at 1:09 AM, AnimeMania said:

Harley Quinn Season 1 airing on the SYFY Channel starting May 3rd.

FIRST SEASON OF DC UNIVERSE'S HARLEY QUINN ANIMATED SERIES COMING TO SYFY

How do people feel paying for a streaming service only to have them place all of their latest content of other networks like the SYFY Channel, The CW and HBO Max?

The HBO Max thing is annoying (and 3x the cost of DCU), more because of the new content that they're getting (Green Lantern, JLD, etc.) I'll be surprised if HQ isn't a  TV-14 version even at 11 Pm. OTOH, I've noticed all along that the lengths of all the shows are short enough to fit a half-hour or hour block with commercials.

On 4/25/2020 at 2:25 PM, AnimeMania said:

Maybe the deal with SYFY is why Season 2 happened with the quickness.

I imagine they produced all 26 episodes at once, but getting 3rd party money sure doesn't hurt the prospects!

• Useful 1
(edited)

Dang, I just posted about SyFy on the anticipation thread.

On 4/24/2020 at 3:00 AM, ruby24 said:

Well, I'm guessing it's not going to be unedited on SyFy, right?

Comedy Central has aired the first three seasons of Bojack Horseman, and most of it was uncensored. Granted, those episodes aired really late at night, and SyFy is doing this before midnight. I guess we'll see. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Dang, I just posted about SyFy on the anticipation thread.

Comedy Central has aired the first three seasons of Bojack Horseman, and most of it was uncensored. Granted, those episodes aired really late at night, and SyFy is doing this before midnight. I guess we'll see. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

The general FCC rule for broadcast TV is that indecent and profane content can't be shown until after 10 Pm. That doesn't apply to cable, but it strikes me as likely that SyFy would follow it as a guideline.  The irreverence of Comedy Central (which has aired uncensored South Park for decades) isn't really SyFy's brand.

(edited)

My guess is they'd bleep out a few words, certainly at least three, but they'd do it a shitload of times, the fucking c****... in other words, nothing hard to fill in over the obligatory sound effect. There would still be some level of duration editing, though. Some things are truly sacred, and a simple "bleep" noise will not fool the advertisers for long.

Edited by CletusMusashi

Season 3 renew / cancel status update on or around Aug 22.... Den Of Geek

One encouraging sign is that Warner Bros. is promising some kind of Harley Quinn at DC Fandome on August 22, an online fan convention which will span the entire scope of DC’s media offerings

• Love 2

I'm not sure if it counts as media or not, but in the most recent episode of Doom Patrol on DC Universe, there's a joke where the Beard Hunter says that Mr. Nobody had left the painting they were both trapped in for "an animated gig," and hadn't returned.

On DC Universe (but not HBO Max), this was accompanied by a "Harley Quinn" promo bug, "Now streaming on DC Universe!"

• Love 1

DC Universe is dead. If Harley gets renewed, HBO Max only.

The original content that is on DCU is migrating to HBO Max,” DC chief content officer Jim Lee said in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter after the company experienced mass layoffs earlier this week. "Truthfully, that’s the best platform for that content. The amount of content you get, not just DC , but generally from WarnerMedia, is huge and it’s the best value proposition, if I’m allowed to use that marketing term. We feel that is the place for that.

• Love 1

8:15 p.m. Pacific Time: Harley Quinn panel (WatchVerse – Athena)

Join voice cast Kaley Cuoco, Lake Bell, Ron Funches, Matt Oberg, and Alan Tudyk along with Harley Quinn executive producers Justin Halpern, Patrick Schumacker, and Dean Lorey and supervising producer Jennifer Coyle to break down the most outrageous moments of the NSFW animated show in this 20-minute panel. Here's hoping they announce the season 3 renewal we've been desperately hoping for!

Edited by paigow
  • Love 1
On 8/14/2020 at 11:01 PM, paigow said:

Truthfully, that’s the best platform for that content.

They’re probably not wrong. I’m just now discovering this show because I was browsing around the new-to-me DC content. (And four episodes in, I’m already invested in this show getting renewed. Heh. It’s delightful.)

• Love 1

Here's the Ask Harley Quinn video from FanDome... For those who don't know, "Ask Harley Quinn" was a column on DC Universe. written by Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti.

Edited by MarkHB
  • Love 1
On 9/20/2020 at 7:10 PM, Thomas Crown said:

I'm late to discovering this show but damn it's hilarious. Easily one of my favorite comedies on TV right now.  Kaley Cuoco is awesome. Looking forward to season 3!

With the wider distributed HBO Max bringing in people like me, and my relentless spreading the word to friends, I'm hoping it'll get the eyes watching it deserves. And it's not just Kaley Cuoco who is great, but all of the actors are hitting it out of the park here.

• Love 2

I'm another who found this show on HBO Max. I loved it. I was so happy to see there was 2 seasons and that it got picked up for a third. Kaley Cuoco and Lake Bell are great as Harley and Ivy. I also love that they went with the Tom Hardyesque voice for Bane. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

With the wider distributed HBO Max bringing in people like me, and my relentless spreading the word to friends, I'm hoping it'll get the eyes watching it deserves. 

Harley will be bigger than Raised By Wolves ...

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Ok, well that's utter nonsense but at least it confirms that Batman and Catwoman will be romantically involved in Season 3! That makes me happy and looking forward to it.

• Love 1

image-from-ios.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=963&h

Picture of Kaley Cuoco who plays Harley Quinn in HBO Max's animated series reading the tie-in Harley Quinn Comic Book. The Comic Book, Harley Quinn: The Animated Series: The Eat. Bang! Kill. Tour, goes on sale August 3rd (digital copy) and Tuesday, Sept. 14th (physical copy). The Comic Book covers the events that happen after the animated series Season 2 finale up until the start of Season 3.

• Love 1