Type keyword(s) to search

WandaVision In The Media

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, paigow said:

Whenever it actually launches, Disney will make sure Mandalorian has dropped all episodes first...

If they wait until Mandalorian ends and stick with the regular Friday release the only option would be a Christmas Day release. 

S.W.O.R.D.: Everything You Need To Know About The Marvel Comics Group And How It May Connect To The MCU
JASON WIESE   OCT. 10. 2020
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2556477/sword-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-marvel-comics-group-and-how-it-may-connect-to-the-mcu 

Just when you thought that Marvel’s upcoming TV show spin-off starring Elizabeth Olsen and a resurrected Paul Bettany could not possibly have anymore Easter Eggs to tease audiences with, prepare for one reality-shattering reveal. Comic book aficionados have spent years now anxiously searching for clues as to how and when the MCU will introduce an organization known as S.W.O.R.D. into its continuity and subtle hints in its recent promotional material prove that WandaVision is where it could finally make its official debut.

This is just the most recent of several exciting revelations surrounding the Disney+ exclusive series (likely premiering on the digital platform sometime in December 2020) which have not only provided deeper insight into its mysterious plot, but also what stories it may set up for forthcoming big screen installments. Last month, eagle-eyed fans managed to pick up on a sly hint in its first full-length trailer that WandaVision will take inspiration from the iconic 2005 Marvel Comics event House of M. The same TV spot, along with leaked behind-the-scenes images featuring its logo, provided just enough clues to suggest S.W.O.R.D. may also be involved in the story.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

WandaVision’s Teyonah Parris Opens Up About Getting To Play Marvel Hero Monica Rambeau
ADRIENNE JONES  OCT. 21. 2020
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2557426/wandavisions-teyonah-parris-opens-up-about-getting-to-play-marvel-hero-monica-rambeau 

Marvel has had to rework their plans for several of their upcoming shows for Disney+, and while it means that The Falcon and the Winter Soldier will now be debuting much later than originally planned, it also means that fans will finally get to see the, apparently, quite bonkers series WandaVision before the end of the year. With that new outing, we'll also be treated to a superhero who's never been on screen before in Teyonah Parris' Monica Rambeau. Now, the actress has opened up about getting the chance to play the Marvel hero.

Fans will likely remember the collective joy surrounding the news that a version of Monica Rambeau would be in 2019's Captain Marvel. While that gave us a nice introduction to the character for the MCU, it was hardly the grown up badass that comic book lovers had known from the original source material. Captain Marvel's Monica was only a child of 11, as the film took place in the 1990s, and very far away from being any kind of superhero. So, when it was revealed that the character would be back, as a modern-day adult for WandaVision, people were beyond excited for her next appearance.

Actress Teyonah Parris appeared on Another Act recently to talk a bit about her career, and when she was asked why she wanted to become an official part of the Marvel family of on-screen superheroes, it was clear that she was also very excited about where her path has now taken her. According to Parris:

"I’m very grateful to be a part of this universe. And, Monica Rambeau is such a badass. She’s such a badass in the comics, and I just can’t even believe that this is happening. This is full-on action movie mixed with sitcoms. It’s wild. I think people are going to be very, very excited."
While we saw a very brief snippet of Monica (and her portrayer, of course) in the first actual trailer for WandaVision, we still don't know how much she'll be in the new series, how she'll be introduced or in what capacity she'll be used in the show. Having said that, though, there's basically no doubt that something truly cool is coming. And, that's a very good thing for fans, WandaVision, and Teyonah Parris, as she continued:

"That has been a childhood dream, to be a Marvel superhero. I can even remember... I’ve always said that I want to be a superhero. And then when the MCU opened up, I think I was in college. And then it was like, 'Oh, I want to be a Marvel superhero.' I remember being in school and going to see Iron Man and just seeing women who would kick ass in these kinds of movies."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

KAT DENNINGS DOESN'T THINK SHE'S IN THOR 4, BUT SAYS DARCY FANS ‘WILL BE THRILLED’ WITH WANDAVISION
Vanessa Armstrong   Nov. 3, 2020
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/kat-dennings-talks-thor-love-and-thunder-wandavision 

Kat Dennings’ MCU character, Darcy Lewis, is in more than just one scene of the upcoming Disney+ series WandaVision, apparently much to her surprise.

“I almost thought it’d just be a scene or something, I didn’t realize what it was,” Dennings told Entertainment Tonight in a recent interview. “Anyone who liked Darcy in the movies will be thrilled.”
Dennings couldn’t share much more about what Darcy is up to in WandaVision due to the likely thousands of NDAs she’s had to sign. “I’ll just say that I was thrilled and it was somewhat of a surprise what they planned for her,” she said before admitting she couldn’t share anything else, including if/how her character interacts with The Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) and Vision (Paul Bettany), the headliners of the show.

One other thing she did share, however, is that it seems likely the show will drop sometime in December. “That’s what I’ve heard,” she said. “But I also don’t know anything…as far as I know they’re going to try to get it out this year.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

I hope the majority of this show isn't in B&W, something about that turns me off.

It may turn you off, but it's not being done randomly or capriciously.  It's emulating certain years when TV WAS in Black and White.  The episodes representing the 1950s and 60s will be in Black and White, possibly with some change to color happening in a 60s episode (because that's when TV changed to color).  The ones representing the 1970s and 1980s certainly will be all color.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, paigow said:

Not in Sokovia...

Well she's based her delusions on American TV though, right?

Unless the notion is that she was watching The Brady Bunch and Family Ties in Black and White simply because all of the TVs around her only displayed in that mode.

4 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

Just announced today. I figured they didn't want to compete with The Mandalorian.

Once they announced Soul was releasing on Christmas Day I had a feeling WandaVision was going to be pushed back.  

WandaVision Photo Hints at Super-Surreal Date Night — 2021 FIRST LOOK

Premiering Friday, Jan. 15, Disney+’s first live-action series from Marvel Studios is described as “a blend of classic television and the Marvel Cinematic Universe in which Wanda Maximoff (played by Elizabeth Olsen) and Vision (Paul Bettany) — two super-powered beings living idealized suburban lives — begin to suspect that everything is not as it seems.”

The couple’s “idealized suburban” life has been teased well in assorted trailers and promos, presented as a pastiche of classic TV tropes, from black-and-white sitcom to groovy ’70s comedy to something just a bit more contemporary.

• Love 2

Elizabeth Olsen is on Kimmel tonight and Bettany will be on Kimmel Friday I think.

Actually, Bettany is on Kimmel tonight, Thursday.  Just realized.

Edited by Linderhill
corrected the day
  • Love 1

Marvel's WandaVision to Get 2 Episodes on Launch Day
By Joe Skrebels   January 8, 2021
https://www.ign.com/articles/marvels-wandavision-to-get-2-episodes-on-launch-day

Marvel's WandaVision will air two episodes when it premieres on Friday, January 15.

Disney has said, "the first 2 episodes will premiere on Disney+ on Friday, January 15. Episode 3 will debut on Friday, January 22."

We already know that Episode 1 will be based on '50s/'60s sitcoms, was filmed in black and white, and was even filmed in front of a live studio audience. It will also feature an original theme tune by Frozen songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez. Where it goes from there is an interesting question, as the show will pay homage to multiple eras of US sitcoms throughout.
The 9-episode run will take in multiple sitcom styles, even nodding to modern mockumentary sitcoms like The Office. But fear not, the show also includes sequences akin to a "full-on action movie", according Monica Rambeau actress Teyonah Parris.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Apparently media outlets got an advance screening of the first 3 episodes and are praising WandaVision...

Disney+’s WandaVision Has Screened, Here’s What Critics Are Saying
ERIK SWANN   JAN. 9. 2021
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2561207/disneys-wandavision-has-screened-heres-what-critics-are-saying 

Fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe have been waiting anxiously for a taste of new content, and they’ll get it relatively soon with the release of Disney+’s WandaVision. As a homage to sitcoms of different eras, the “bonkers” show is primed to be unlike anything Marvel Studios has ever produced. So in a way, it can definitely be viewed as a big swing for the company. Now, critics have screened the first three episodes of the show, and they’ve taken to the internet to share their thoughts.

So far, WandaVision is receiving high praise from critics from various outlets. ....

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Marvel Movies To Watch Before WandaVision

If you want to catch all the characters and references in WandaVison, you should watch these Marvel movies (who knows how many famous classic TV sitcoms you would have to watch to get all the parodies.)

Thor

Thor: The Dark World

Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Captain America: Civil War

Avengers: Infinity War

Ant-Man & The Wasp

Avengers: Endgame

(I am surprised they didn't include "Captain Marvel")

Don't get caught with a case of the "Who Dat's" when watching the show.

• Useful 1

Matt's Inside Line: WandaVision Scoop, Plus Lucifer, Zoey's Playlist, NCIS: LA, The Rookie, 9-1-1, Chicago Fire and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / January 12 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/01/12/wandavision-spoilers-commercials-easter-eggs-falcon-and-winter-soldier/ 

Any scoop about WandaVision? –MattB
Though Falcon and the Winter Soldier was always supposed to to be the first Marvel series from Disney+ (but now will premiere two months after WandaVision), that change-up did not present any meaningful continuity issues. “In a year, after you’ve seen all the shows and movies that we’ve made, there are a few super-tiny things that, if people are interested, I could point to that shifted,” Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige told us. “I can only even think of one right now, and it’s super minor.” Bonus scoop: WandaVision (premiering this Friday) is a rare show where you might want to pay close attention to the commercials that airing during it, as part of the retro sitcom premise….

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Go to article links to read spoilers...

WandaVision Introduces A Major Marvel Organization, And It’s A Game Changer
ERIC EISENBERG    JAN. 15. 2021
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2561477/wandavision-introduces-a-major-marvel-organization-and-its-a-game-changer 

3 Key Marvel References In Those Awesome WandaVision Commercials
ERIC EISENBERG   JAN. 15. 2021 
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2561476/3-key-marvel-references-in-those-awesome-wandavision-commercials 

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

This seems to be the promo for episode 4 clearly set in 80s

WandaVision Promo Episode 4

That’s not a real promo. It’s a fan edited video of everything 80’s from the official promos. Disney+ doesn’t do weekly promos. 

Edited by Guest
9 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Sorry I knew it wasn't on Disney + but I hadn't seen some of the footage so I thought it had been released on social media or something. 

I had the same reaction to the 70’s promo by the same person. I think the extra clips came from tv commercials and this featurette. 

Matt's Inside Line: Get The Resident Scoop, Plus WandaVision, Chicago Fire, MacGyver, 9-1-1: Lone Star and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / January 26 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/01/26/the-resident-spoilers-season-4-nic-conrad-baby/ 

Did Kevin Feige give any hints about whether Kathryn Hahn’s WandaVision character is really [SPECULATION/POSSIBLE SPOILER REDACTED]? –Blaise

The Marvel Studios boss didn’t go near that topic, but we did ask Kathryn Hahn about the little “performance” that Agnes put on for Vision at the end of Episode 3, after keeping neighbor Herb from spilling too much. “You’re going to have to keep watching,” she teased. “There’s a lot of acting going on for everybody, and a lot of layers… and questions that even the characters have, for sure.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1