Type keyword(s) to search

WandaVision In The Media

• Start Topic

Loved that all the theme songs were written by youngest ever EGOT winner Robert Lopez (he wrote the music for The Book of Mormon, Avenue Q, Frozen, Coco, and the underrated "Everything Comes Down to Poo" from the Scrubs musical episode) and his wife/writing partner Kristen Anderson-Lopez (she's halfway to her EGOT). I LOVED listening to them nerd out about all the ways that they tied together the weekly theme songs for WandaVision:

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

lso, the finale had more for Monica and the kids (and Ralph!) to do but apparently CGI couldn’t be completed in time. The base footage was all shot though.

I think Darcy was supposed to be involved in that plot too. Which might explained why she showed up for a few seconds and then disappeared for the rest of the episode. 

16 hours ago, arc said:

Ohhhhhhhh. That’s why no Roseanne: not overtly cheerful/bright/aspirational enough for Wanda’s wish fulfilment world.

If Bill Cosby wasn't in prison I wonder if the Cosby Show would have received an homage.  When it comes to heartwarming 80s family sitcoms that's arguably the biggest one.

• Love 3
On 3/8/2021 at 11:06 PM, arc said:

I would have imagined titling ep 9 “The Series Finale” should have answered that,

Considering the title came from the same sorts of people who gave us the song "Agatha All Along" when it might more accurately entitled "Not Agatha At All," it very well could be a troll for the road. Or there could be a show that follows Wanda and Vision without the sitcom theme so it's technically not "WandaVision." 

Money, buzz, etc. might make Disney want to capitalize on the show, or people might want to go out on top. Considering there are tons of other Marvel properties alone to mine for TV series, who knows?

4 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

WandaVision merch!

It looks good, the only downside is that merch is one of Ike Perlmutter's revenue streams and I would hate to support that A....gentleman.

Kinda surprised that they aren't making shirts in 3X. 😞

‘WandaVision’ EP & Head Scribe Jac Schaeffer On Scarlet Witch’s Grief & Who Didn’t Show Up In “The Series Finale” – Q&A
By Anthony D'Alessandro    March 9, 2021
https://deadline.com/2021/03/wandavision-series-finale-interview-jac-schaeffer-dr-strange-2-1234709749/

DEADLINE: So, as the title of the episode indicates, this is really ‘The Series Finale,” right?
JAC SCHAEFFER:
It’s like what Mr. [Kevin] Feige says, “It wasn’t necessarily the plan to have another season, but in the Marvel world you never know.”
DEADLINE: With the Hex lifted, what becomes of Agatha and Quicksilver? Do they disappear with it? All of the townspeople revert back to themselves. Can you tease anything?
SCHAEFFER:
Well, as you can see in the episode, Wanda put Agnes/Agatha under a spell at the end. That makes her live out the character she created. So, as far as I know Agnes is hanging out baking some cookies in Westview, and then beyond that, I can only speak to my own series.

DEADLINE: What about Quicksilver? Might we see him again? Everyone loved the meta thing that Marvel did here by casting the actor from the Fox/Marvel version for the part.
SCHAEFFER:
What I can say is that I think Evan Peters did an incredible job with this role and I found it to be such a joy to both work with him and watch him on screen, and you know, as a fan, I’m interested to see whatever he does next.

DEADLINE: He’s Ralph, Agnes’ husband, essentially.
SCHAEFFER:
Yeah. The idea is that Agatha came to town and took over the neighbor’s house in order to sort of be undercover, and there happened to be a young man named Ralph Bohner who was already living in Westview. In the writers’ room, we enjoyed writing Agatha’s sense of humor, and so the idea that she would actually be talking about her hostage through the entirety of the series really tickled us.

DEADLINE: Why didn’t Mephisto make an appearance? There was a lot of speculation that Mephisto was going to be the ultimate villain in the end of the series.
SCHAEFFER:
We didn’t think this series needed a big bad. I mean, the big bad is grief, you know, and that’s the story that we were telling, and then we got a bonus baddie in the form of Agatha Harkness who ended up facilitating Wanda’s therapy, so yeah, I think we feel pretty good about that.
DEADLINE: Where is she in the wilderness? It’s certainly not Thanos’ cabin in Avengers: Endgame because he was in a tropical region.
SCHAEFFER:
We, the audience, do not know where Wanda is in the tag.
DEADLINE: With Wanda expected to star in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, why didn’t Doctor Strange himself make an appearance in the finale?
SCHAEFFER:
I heart Doctor Strange just like anybody. Yeah, it’s one of those things, that’s how the chips fell, that’s how the cookie crumbled, is what I will say, but I look forward to seeing him on screen with Wanda in Doctor Strange 2.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

WandaVision: 31 Moments That Prove Elizabeth Olsen Deserves An Award
by Fandomwire Staff   March 11, 2021
https://fandomwire.com/wandavision-31-moments-that-prove-elizabeth-olsen-deserves-an-award/

'WandaVision' Director Explains Why the Series Didn't Introduce Wiccan and Speed (Exclusive)
By John Boone‍ 7:00 AM PST, March 10, 2021
https://www.etonline.com/wandavision-series-finale-interview-matt-shakman-161939 

Following the finale, ET caught up with director Matt Shakman, who helmed all nine episodes, to discuss the super-twins, deleted scenes, unanswered questions and, of course, Ralph Bohner.
You revealed that you shot a whole Goonies-esque sequence with Darcy and Monica and the twins in Agatha's basement facing a demon. With the movies, we can expect to see some of that cut material someday in bonus features. Do you know if Disney+ has plans to release any of that?
That particular sequence, no, because we never finished it. We abandoned it pretty early on, because we were reformatting the structure of the finale and it no longer really had a place, despite having done some great shooting on it. So, there exists no version of that that could be released. In terms of other things being released, potentially!

The only legitimate complaint I saw people have with the finale is that there wasn't enough Dr. Darcy Lewis, so you need to get that footage to the people somehow.
We would love to. The schedule was tough, because we had to stop and come back and schedules didn't always align. So, we did hope to have a few more scenes with Kat [Dennings] in the final version, but we just weren't able to make the schedules work, unfortunately. But I think the way she comes in and takes out Hayward is pretty great.
A theory I love is that Ralph Bohner is Jimmy's witness protection person and he chose that name for himself. Are you able to confirm who the witness protection person is?
Not as yet, but stay tuned.

One more clarification I hope you can offer me: What happened to our friend the S.W.O.R.D. agent beekeeper when Wanda rewinds his ass out of Westview? Where'd he go?
I'm sure that he got turned back into a guy in a hazmat suit. He's probably wandering somewhere around Westview, New Jersey, looking for some S.W.O.R.D agents to help.

‘WandaVision’: Elizabeth Olsen and Jac Schaeffer on Wanda’s Kids, Fan Theories and the Future of the Show
By Adam B. Vary   March 10, 2021
https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/wandavision-elizabeth-olsen-fan-theories-kids-marvel-doctor-strange-1234926899/

What were your hopes and dreams, Lizzie, that you wanted for this for this character and that you were hearing Jac maybe reflect back to you as you were as you were talking about the character?
Olsen:
Well, it was about this story of this young woman who has really had to make her way through so many difficult traumas without having the time to understand them, but really being propelled into making the best with what she had. And then there’s just smaller details of noticing that certain things were authentically Sokovian that we didn’t really get to make good use of yet, actually creating a real culture that has a nursery rhyme — really making this fake country tangible.

And then I desperately loved this idea of the suburbia and family aspect [of Wanda] and what it would mean if this woman got to give birth to her children. I just didn’t think I was ever gonna get to do that.
One of the trickier elements of the show I would imagine for both of you is that, at first, Wanda shares the audience’s confusion about what is actually going on. How did you thread that?
Olsen:
As an actor, I think, you make decisions when you trust the script and you trust how the story tells itself. Since we were very lucky and had all of the scripts before we started, we never ended up misleading ourselves because everything was was already set out.

Schaeffer: It was necessary to chart everything out, this idea of a non-linear structure that would feel like a mystery to unpack. The linear story, if you were to do that, actually starts with Episode 8, and then Episode 4.

In addition to that, and it probably even more importantly, from the very beginning, from my first pitch I tracked the narrative according to the stages of grief. It seemed like a very exciting place to start that Wanda is with the audience and is in legitimate denial. That obviously it’s a metaphor for human grief, but it also works for the narrative structure of the show in this crazy, MCU superhero kind of way.

In the scripts, like, the format even would tell you when you were in sitcom mode in terms of like screenwriting structure, and when you stepped out. It would look different on the page, which was meant to tell everybody — department heads and [director] Matt Shakman — where we are in the story.

But, Lizzie, one of the many things I loved about working with you, was it wasn’t like a monolith of here’s denial and here’s anger. Those incredibly delicate transitions in and out of those moments, and the slow burn of being with you on your discovery is what makes it all so beautiful and so relatable and human.

Olsen: The thing that I that I also loved as an added element of how you structure, the story, which I leaned into was, the actual decade itself and how that decade used sitcom [tropes] to tell these stories is connected to where our character is. She is losing it in “Modern Family” for a reason, and it’s not in the ’50s. Because the ’50s is everything’s all together and we don’t see anything that’s happening’ we’re post-World War Two, we’re like suburban family and we are having a kick ass economy kind of thing, and you can see that, and they really embraced what was happening with these. It is completely necessary to the story which decade we’re in.
When Evan Peters showed up on “WandaVision,” since he played a version of Pietro Maximoff 20th Century Fox’s “X-Men” movies, it got a lot of people speculating that the MCU was going into the multiverse — especially given the title of the next Marvel project that Lizzie in. Did you have a sense that that would be the reaction? Since you knew Peters was actually playing a random regular guy, how did you feel about how intense the speculation became?
Olsen:
When we heard that Evan was going to do it, my mind was blown. “This is the first time we’re merging! This is crazy!” And then to use it in such a clever way as as Jac does was so satisfying. Working with Evan playing this version of Pietro [laughing] was just so fun and weird and funny and oh God, Jac I loved it so much. I’m so grateful for that.

Schaeffer: It was an early idea that Mary Livanos and I had and the writers room was so behind. It brought us so much joy and delight, the possibility that we could we could do this thing. It’s one of the few things in in this series that I was like, yeah, I was expecting a really big reaction. Everything else, I’ve been sort of floored by the enormity of the reactions, but that was the thing that I’ve been sitting on for two years, just being like, “Just wait! Just wait!”
A lot of fans really took Peters playing Pietro to mean something significant for the MCU. People wondered, does that mean Ian McKellen is going to show up, or Patrick Stewart? How much of that kind of reaction factored in at all to your thinking?
Schaeffer:
Naively, I didn’t expect people to get carried away in that way. I’m curious to hear what Lizzie has to say about this, but we didn’t anticipate that the show would drop after a full year of an MCU drought in the middle of a pandemic. I think we’re all so delighted by the response and so happy, I think, especially about the emotional response and how our discussion of grief has been embraced. I can speak for my writers room, I think that was our chief motivation and guiding light, and then all the other things are the fun of it.

I couldn’t have anticipated… I don’t know, maybe Mary Livanos and Kevin Feige are like, “Yeah, it’s like this every time.” But I’m like, these theories are crazy! [Laughing] So it wasn’t that was not part of my thinking, and also, that’s not my department. I am lucky enough that I get to hear about the other projects and sometimes I’m involved and their conversations. I know a little bit about all the things that Lizzie’s been up to. But that’s a bigger, fancier thing, what you’re asking about.

Lizzie, how did you feel about the idea that somehow Michael Fassbender was going to appear as your father who wasn’t actually your father?
Olsen:
I knew that there are theories that had to do with people wanting more surprises in cameos. But I’m not really that aware of what these fan theories were, so I’m kind of learning about it as we go. Paul said something about this crazy cameo when he was really just talking about doing a scene with himself, and I know Paul thought that was a really funny joke, and I thought it was funny. But I was like, I think people are actually going to suspect that there is more to come.

I didn’t know about the multiverse when we were filming this. So I wouldn’t assume that that’s what was happening. I thought it was just a clever way to have a Pietro. I didn’t understand the larger plan of the multiverse until I started working on “Multiverse,” or whatever our movie’s called, the “Doctor Strange” sequel! [Laughs]

Because this is a show about grief, we do watch Wanda say goodbye to the version of Vision that she created inside the Hex. But it’s also clear that Ghost Vision now has all of Vision’s memories. How did you want to honor the story of grief while also setting up this new version of Vision that is going to perpetuate further into the MCU?
Schaeffer:
It was very tricky, the balance of, This is ultimately a story about acceptance, but also paying close attention to the fact that this is the MCU and stories spiral outwards. We wanted Wanda to say goodbye on her own terms. That’s what was most important and then all the sort of like color and lights and set pieces, it’s all very fun and very wonderful and why we’re all fans. But to me, the thing that we always held on to is that at the end, it is her choice, and we also tell the story of her acceptance of herself as the Scarlet Witch. So becomes this this enormous acceptance sandwich.

I think for the character of Vision, I was very enamored of this this notion that he’s been so many things. So I don’t think that it’s a cheat or anything that there is still this Vision. She said goodbye to the Vision that we know and love, who we call we called Soul Vision — I’ve heard him called Hex Vision, which I also really like. I think that she had to say goodbye to the to the fantasy and she had to fully process her grief so I feel like we were able to kind of have our cake and eat it too.

Olsen: That’s something we talked about a lot, how everything that Wanda had gone through in the MCU had happened to her, and she almost didn’t have any agency. That was a huge part of this ending. There is this Vision out there with all of his memories — it just doesn’t matter, because he’s a stranger.
Finally, the ninth episode is called “The Series Finale.” But I can assure you that I am not alone in wanting to see more of the story of Wanda and whatever this new Vision is, in whatever shape that would take. Is that something that you also would like to do, and perhaps could break that news right here with Variety that you are doing?
Schaeffer:
I’m going to let Lizzie handle that.

Olsen: Oh gosh. I’ll just steal what Feige said, which is that’s not in the plan; however, we all know not to say no in the Marvel world. Anything can be possible, even if it’s not the immediate plan when you’re making something.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Was there ever talk of only announcing that Teyonah Parris was playing a character named Geraldine, which would've saved the Monica Rambeau reveal for the wild opening of episode four?

Yeah, Teyonah [as Monica Rambeau] was announced at Comic-Con 2019, I think, and I'm pretty sure we were breaking the outlines and writing as though it would be a surprise. But Marvel and Disney have incredible strategy when it comes to the PR side of things. They're so smart, and they know how much to give and how much to hold back. So when that dropped, the jig was up. In the linear watch of the show, when she first appears, she's referred to as Geraldine. So it ended up being the opposite of what we intended, and people were like, "Geraldine? But she's Monica Rambeau!" So that ended up being a fun reversal.

Schaeffer talks to THR about the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

This year's WonderCon@Home, March 26-27, 2021, includes a WandaVision science panel...

Full Schedule: https://www.comic-con.org/wca/2021/athome/complete-programming

Friday, March 26, 2021
2:00pm - 3:00pm    FGGGbT: A Scientific Look at WandaVision

Daniel J. Glenn (podcaster), Dr. Michael Dennin (physicist), and Ben Siepser (neurological engineer) will explain the scientific principles and cutting-edge technology behind the Marvel show WandaVision, including pocket dimensions, telekinetic powers, mind control, and a gem-powered android. We will also touch on our favorite sitcoms featured on the show.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
On 3/11/2021 at 10:32 AM, tv echo said:

Olsen: That’s something we talked about a lot, how everything that Wanda had gone through in the MCU had happened to her, and she almost didn’t have any agency. That was a huge part of this ending. There is this Vision out there with all of his memories — it just doesn’t matter, because he’s a stranger.

Given how short the finale was I understand why they kind of dropped White Vision (ultimately it's Wanda's who needs the resolution) but this isn't really true, is it?  At worst it's her soul mate's body reanimated to do what he explicitly didn't want done with his body, at best he is the same guy because he has every memory the original had and all he needs is some magic or science to fully unlock his emotions if needed.  Either way Wanda should care about what happens to him

• Love 2

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Wanda is aware he has his memories back. I don't think hex Vision told her before she undid the hex. Based on what she knows about him I can understand Wanda seeing him as a stranger. Though its true that she probably should still care about what happens to his now reanimated body even if he isn't quite the same Vision.

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 1

For what it’s worth, I took the effects change on White Vision to mean he was basically all the way back. His eyes changed to be more human and the sound effect layer on his voice disappeared.

• Useful 1
On 3/11/2021 at 9:32 AM, tv echo said:

Are they memories, or are they data? Memories have an emotional component. Data, not so much.

• Love 4

There was a lot in this article, so you may wish to read the entire thing...

WandaVision: Matt Shakman Tackles Pretty Much Every Question You Have
Posted on March 13, 2021 | by Adi Tantimedh
https://bleedingcool.com/tv/wandavision-matt-shakman-tackles-pretty-much-every-question-you-have/ 

WandaVision director Matt Shakman did a zoom chat on Friday with over 100 people attending. These were not members of the general public but writers, novelists, artists, actors, comics creators, and journalists attending. It was part of the "Yale in Hollywood" series, and Shakman, chat host Aman Chaudary and many of the attendees were all friends at Yale University together when they were younger. ....
The show was Kevin Feige's idea from the start. He pitched Wanda and Vision's story crossed with a homage to classic sitcoms. During the Marvel process, many changes are done during storyboarding and conception, writers keep rewriting throughout production to make the story feel organic and alive. The process was closely collaborative, though the true showrunner is Kevin Feige – he approved every single script, design, idea.

The series was intended to be the equivalent of a movie, hence a single director with a consistent vision and style throughout. Shakman said directing a show about Wanda dealing with her sitcom trauma was also his way of coming to terms with his own sitcom trauma. He began his show business career as a child actor, and here he was shooting a meta show about sitcoms on the same sound stages he worked on as a child. WandaVision became his own therapy session. ....
Composer Christopher Beck also composed the music for BUFFY and ANGEL back in the 90s and created the different scores for WandaVision. Eric Lopez, who wrote "It was Agatha All Along" also co-wrote "Let it Go" for Frozen.

The main cast – Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Bettany, Kathryn Hahn et al – knew everything about their characters' arcs right from the start. This enabled Kathryn Hahn to drop hints, layers and easter eggs throughout her performance. The guest stars weren't always fully informed. Some had zero clue what show they signed on and didn't always get what they were playing till they had it explained to them on set. This included the pizza delivery guy, the mailman, and so on. They had to play it like they were being controlled and terrified of displeasing Wanda. One guest star knew nothing about the show when he booked the role, only that it paid well.
Vision's final speech before he disappears was created on set between Bettany and the writers, just like how they found the "love persevering" line. Bettany felt Vision needed something pithy to say to Wanda that would change how he saw him, and his saying "What is grief but love persevering?" became the moment she fell in love with him. Olsen wanted to explore issues of mental illness, so there was an active collaboration with writers and director to do right by the characters and the themes.

They originally wanted to release the first 3 episodes at once to set up for episode 4 to reveal it all. But the Pandemic screwed up the schedule as they hadn't finished the 4th episode yet. Binging the whole series now would probably be a different viewing experience.

They were happy for the Mystery Box aspect for fans to engage with clues and easter eggs. The aerospace engineer bit was never intended to tease Reed Richards. It was just a throwaway bit for Monica to find a way back into the Hex. This was the one minor detail Shakman said they didn't predict and wish they got ahead of and dispelled.
Mr. Scratchy was supposed to turn out to be a demon that chased D'arcy (Katt Dennings), Jimmy Wang (Randall Park), and Monica Monica Rambeau (Teyonah Parris) around for a setpiece where the kids saved them but got cut for time. Mr. Scratchy was Agatha's familiar, never planned to be revealed as Mephisto or Nightmare. Just a demon.
The Big Bad was always grief and loss. Doctor Strange was never going to show up as a Deux ex Machina to save the day. Wanda doesn't need someone else to save her. This is her story, and she was going to save herself. The structure of the show is patterned after the stages of grief, from denial to anger to depression to eventually acceptance. Shakman hoped that going back to watch the show again knowing this makes it more resonant.
Ralph Boehner was never Pietro. He was just a guy who lives down the street that Agatha mind-controlled to pump Wanda for information.

Jimmy's missing witness protection person is still out there. Shakman: "Stay tuned."

SFN+ | Wanda Lust: What’s Next for WandaVision, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and the MCU
Adam Tanswell   March 10, 2021
https://www.thecompanion.app/2021/03/10/sfn-wanda-lust-whats-next-for-wandavision-the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-and-the-mcu/

“The reaction [to WandaVision has] been great,” Feige enthuses. “It’s been fun. It’s essentially like a new opening weekend every week because we would always go around to theatres back when we used to do that and get reactions online from people in the theatre. Now it’s the same thing. It’s fun, depending on what coast you’re on, to stay up late and listen or watch the reaction [in] real-time. I would say it’s unveiling very much in the way we hoped it would, that we designed the series to provide a dialogue week to week, knowing that we were going to release them each week by week. If we were ever going to change that, then maybe we’d think about a different version.  But even when you binge things, I still like that hook at the end of an episode. But I would say it’s continued what we like about the ending of our movies or the tag in our movies, just with a more immediate week-to-week structure. So we’ll keep proceeding that way until we learn something new and have to shift.”
The plan for the series is to now tie into the MCU’s cinematic outing, leading straight into Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness which is due to be released next year, with Feige confirming that both the MCU series and the films will indeed all tie in together: “We’ve already said that Lizzie Olsen will go from WandaVision into the new Dr. Strange film. There were lots of conversations with Sam Raimi and Michael Waldron and the entire Dr. Strange team that this movie needs to work for people who watched WandaVision but, more importantly, needs to work for people who didn’t, who maybe Endgame was the last time they saw Wanda, or one of the earlier movies, or maybe she’s a character they’re meeting for the first time. There will always be different layers of understanding, but we don’t want there to be a barrier to entry.“
Speaking of a second series, will there be a Season Two of WandaVision? “We are developing all of these shows the way we’re developing our movies,” Feige reveals. “In other words, when we start with a movie, we hope there’s a part two; we hope there’s a part three. But we aren’t factoring that into part one. We are trying to make something that hooks people enough and that people enjoy enough and want to revisit enough, that they want to see the story continue. So that is the way we’re proceeding on television as well.

“I’ve been at Marvel for too long to say a definite no or definite yes to anything in regards to your question about another season of WandaVision but some of the shows that we’re about to start filming, we are keeping in mind a structure that would lead into a Season Two and a Season Three in a more direct way than, say, a show like WandaVision which clearly goes into a feature. But it is new. That’s part of the fun, exciting, adrenaline-boosting creativity that we’re able to do, thanks to Disney+, and really to figure out new ways of storytelling. Perhaps someday we’ll chart out five seasons of a show, but really we’re focusing on delivering the best seasons we can one at a time so far.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

‘WandaVision’ No. 1 on Parrot’s Digital Originals Chart for Third Week
JOHN LATCHEM     March 15, 2021
https://www.mediaplaynews.com/wandavision-no-1-on-parrots-digital-originals-chart-for-third-week/

“WandaVision,” the first Disney+ series set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, remained No. 1 for a third consecutive week on Parrot Analytics’ digital originals U.S. chart the week ended March 13. It had 50.7 times the demand of an average series, and No. 3 on Parrot’s list of all TV shows.

The Disney+ live-action “Star Wars” series “The Mandalorian” stayed No. 2 for a third week on the digital originals chart, with the show garnering 40.9 times the demand of the average show. It was No. 10 on the overall list.

WandaVision Showrunner on the Tricky Scarlet Witch Prophecy She Cut 
BY JOANNA ROBINSON     MARCH 12, 2021
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/03/wandavision-scarlet-witch-prophecy-destroy-the-world-meaning-chaos-magic-jac-schaeffer

... Originally, however, Schaeffer had a different plan—one that might sound familiar to fans of Buffy the Vampire Slayer’s season one  finale, titled “Prophecy Girl.” 

Schaeffer explains: “The prophecy had to do with her destroying the world. So she’s fighting her identity as the Scarlet Witch, because she doesn’t want to be the person who destroys the world. That was the thing that she was really, really afraid of.” Wanda would then figure out that in order to fulfill the prophecy, she simply had to destroy the hex and free the residents of Westview, New Jersey. Simple as that; a classic case of prophecy wordplay. 

“As a writer, I was like, that is so great that we’re all geniuses,” Schaeffer recalls. But ultimately, she explains, that premise got a little too restrictive. Her job, as showrunner of WandaVision, was to set up Wanda—and then send her out into the wider Marvel world for other creators, like Doctor Strange 2 director Sam Raimi, to play with. That kind of smooth creative collaboration requires that no one single writer or director box a character into something the next person can’t get them out of. 

“[The prophecy] just got very restrictive,” Schaeffer says. “One of the things that Marvel says is that with some of the mythology definitions, it is best to leave things a little bit loose. Because when you pass the ball forward, it gives the next team more to work with. We loved the idea that we would land her knowing some, but not all. That would be part of her trajectory and the next piece of her story.”

Schaeffer does, however, have a pretty clear idea of what it means for Wanda’s powers to be called “chaos magic.” Chaos magic, according to Schaeffer, is creation magic. Wanda creates three whole people—Vision and the twins—without any cost. “In witch culture, there’s some sort of cosmic cost in some way, and there’s no cost for her,” Schaeffer explains. With that measure of power, what kind of devilry might Wanda get up to when we see her next? 

WANDAVISION IS THE MOST PERTINENT TV SERIES RIGHT NOW
BY MARYAM AHMAD  OPINIONS  MARCH 14, 2021
https://thewellesleynews.com/2021/03/14/wandavision-is-the-most-pertinent-tv-series-right-now/

What started out as a strange superhero sitcom very quickly became a pertinent exploration of the scars  from grief and trauma.
I have spent much of this year returning to the shows, movies and books that I loved, searching for some sense of normalcy when the rest of the world was going through unspeakable pain and grief. It is a habit born out of living with a lot of change. 

As I watched, Wanda’s predicament became more and more familiar, as she clawed for some normalcy, in a life modeled on her favorite stories. It almost hit a little too close to home, as we all watched from our own bubbles, isolated from the rest of the world. 
In the very same episode where we learn why Wanda created her reality, we walk through the past to a scene set soon after the death of Wanda’s brother. She is watching a sitcom, again, and Vision attempts to console her with a simple but rather profound thought: “What is grief, if not love persevering?”

It is a simple phrase, but it struck a chord with its audience. I saw hundreds of people sharing their stories on social media of loved ones they had lost, to COVID or otherwise, and appreciating the line for giving shape to their grief in a different way. This may not even be the first time grief has been represented like this, but it touched all the more people for its relevance when we have no way to comfort each other or share our grief beyond online interaction. It gave people a much-needed moment of shared emotion, when all of us have been so disconnected. 
While WandaVision was a story of superheroes, it turned out to mean much more than that. It explored the effects of grief, and represented the disconnect and isolation we all feel during the pandemic. Despite only one mention of the terrible word “quarantine” in the seventh episode, it may be the most pandemic-relevant television series to come out of quarantine. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Inside Line: Scoop on Resident Alien, Riverdale, New Amsterdam, SEAL Team, Flash, Grey's, Mom, S.W.A.T. and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / March 16 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/03/16/new-amsterdam-spoilers-max-helen-cassian-love-triangle/ 

On WandaVision, who was Monica’s aerospace friend? –Alex

Believe you me, we endeavored to get any kind of hint about to whom she was referring, when getting that Hex-Busting (but not) rover built. But Teyonah Parris, for one, completely clammed up when we broached the hot topic.  (Update: Head writer Jac Schaeffer recently clarified that Major Goodner was, in fact, the hyped-up contact.)

Here's the linked article:
“WandaVision” creator Jac Schaeffer ’00 discusses Princeton connections, sitcom inspiration, and female representation
Paige Allen    March 11, 2021
https://www.dailyprincetonian.com/article/2021/03/jac-schaeffer-princeton-disney-marvel-wandavision-q-and-a

DP: Did anything from your time at Princeton influence the writing of “WandaVision” specifically?

JS: I wrote my thesis on dystopian literature. It was a comparison of early dystopian novels with contemporary novels that are sort of cyberpunk novels. I had always been very interested in speculative fiction and “what if” stories and near future stories as a social commentary, as a way to look at ourselves. I loved “Twilight Zone” as a kid, and now I love “Black Mirror.” That infused all of my work, and Princeton was where I looked at all of that academically. “WandaVision” is an obvious synthesis — really more of a collision — of tones and influences and genres.
You know, the character that Monica [Rambeau] met on the show that everybody thought was going to be Reed Richards, the engineer? That character is Major Goodner, and she’s named after one of my friends, Aly Goodner [’00], that I went to Princeton with, who’s part of this group. I made that choice because that character represents every time one of these women has come through for me and every time they’ve been good at their job. It became this hilarious thing for me that everybody was like, “It’s going to be Reed Richards, it’s going to be some important man,” and I’m like, “No, it’s just a lady who’s awesome at what she does and who will be there for her friends.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

From the Daily Princetonian

There were episodes that stood out in my mind that I wanted to go back to. There was an episode of “Growing Pains” where the daughter had a boyfriend and he died in a car accident, and I remember it so vividly because it was so upsetting at the time. That wasn’t supposed to happen on a sitcom.

That character who died was played by Matthew Perry! And Growing Pains planned that shit out. They introduced his character months in advance so the audience could get a little attached, rather than introducing him in the same very special episode where he died.

• Love 3

Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany made a brief virtual appearance during yesterday's launch event for The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (at around the 18:30 mark)...

Virtual Launch Event | Marvel Studios' The Falcon and The Winter Soldier | Disney+
Marvel Entertainment    Mar 18, 2021

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, tv echo said:

VFX Secrets of Marvel Studios' WandaVision!
Marvel Entertainment   Mar 22, 2021

I enjoyed the podcast, but was a bit bummed that the interviews themselves didn't take place after WandaVision had aired, or with all of them together, as it would have been fun to hear all of their thoughts about what could lie ahead for their characters.

• Love 2

FGGGbT: A Scientific Look at WandaVision | WonderCon@Home 2021
Comic-Con International     Mar 26, 2021

Daniel J. Glenn (podcaster), Dr. Michael Dennin (physicist), and Ben Siepser (neurological engineer) will explain the scientific principles and cutting-edge technology behind the Marvel show WandaVision, including pocket dimensions, telekinetic powers, mind control, and a gem-powered android. We will also touch on our favorite sitcoms featured on the show.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I really like the fact that they consulted a grief counsellor and that they had mostly female writers. It shows that they really cared about getting the perspective right and show the topic the respect it deserves. As was mentioned above, the show is probably more relatable now since there was so much loss in the past year and so many people have been watching TV as a comfort and escape during this crisis.

• Love 3

Ryan Freer, VFX Supervisor for MARZ (which worked on WandaVision), will be presenting two Vision panels during FMX 2021 (Conference on Animation, Effects, Games and Immersive Media), May 4-6, 2021 (Virtual Event from Stuttgart, Germany)...

https://fmx.de/program2021/event/20675

Wednesday, May 05 ... 18:00 - 18:50
A Vision Like You’ve Never Seen (and the VFX most people still don't)

Ryan Freer (MARZ)
The best visual effects are the ones that go unnoticed. On WandaVision, the VFX studio Monsters Aliens Robots Zombies (MARZ) was responsible for creating the photoreal VFX behind one of Marvel’s most iconic characters—a cape-clad human-like red android with the power of flight and a yellow gem embedded in his forehead.  

The cape. The smooth face panels. The comedic expressions. The makeup, tracking markers, and green screens. MARZ VFX Supervisor Ryan Freer will breakdown the challenges and techniques behind perfecting Vision as he passes from decade to decade on Marvel’s first Disney+ series.

FMX EXCLUSIVE: This presentation will only be streamed once at the scheduled time. 

https://fmx.de/program2021/event/20676

Wednesday, May 05 ... 18:50 - 19:30
Live Q&A: the VFX behind Vision

Ryan Freer (MARZ)

To encourage the FMX community to connect in the virtual almost as closely as in the physical world, the online audience will be able join FMX speakers in Zoom rooms via video or audio chat. Beyond asking questions, you can chat and network with speakers and other participants. Look forward to truly interact with other media creators from around the globe and share your experiences at FMX 2021!

Join Ryan Freer in this exclusive Q&A about Marvel's WandaVision.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Marvel will be submitting WandaVision for Emmy consideration in the Limited or Anthology Series category...

‘The Falcon and the Winter Soldier’ Will Run as a Drama Series at 2021 Emmys — Exclusive
Ben Travers   April 19, 2021
https://www.indiewire.com/2021/04/falcon-and-winter-soldier-emmys-drama-series-season-2-plans-interview-1234631267/ 

Meanwhile, Marvel’s other eligible TV series on Disney+ — the nine-episode “WandaVision” — will run in the Limited or Anthology Series categories, as expected.

“I think ‘WandaVision’ is a show you can only do once. She can’t go back into that reality,” Moore said, speaking to what separates the two Marvel series. “That is such a complete arc of what that character can do and what that story wanted to do, whereas ‘Falcon and Winter Soldier’ is really about dealing with, to me, the legacy of what a superhero is, through the lens of Captain America and his shield, but ultimately through the lens of all these different characters. And that’s a story I think you can revisit in subsequent seasons because it’s an evergreen story. It’s a conversation.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

YOUR 2021 MTV MOVIE & TV AWARDS NOMINATIONS ARE HERE: SEE THE FULL LIST
MTV NEWS STAFF     04/19/2021
http://www.mtv.com/news/3176571/mtv-movie-tv-awards-nominees-2021/

On the TV side, WandaVision racked up the most noms with five, while Emily in Paris, RuPaul's Drag Race, and The Boys trail just behind with three each. For film, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm earned three nods, while Judas and the Black Messiah garnered two. Chadwick Boseman was honored with a posthumous Best Performance in a Movie nomination for his work in Ma Rainey's Black Bottom, while favorites like Floor is Lava, Tiger King, and more got love in the unscripted categories.
On May 16, MTV will air the 2021 Movie & TV Awards telecast from the Palladium in Los Angeles, honoring the biggest and best in film and television. The following night, May 17, is the inaugural Movie & TV Awards: Unscripted, a celebration of all things reality TV.
Fan voting for the 2021 MTV Movie & TV Awards is now open at vote.mtv.com and will be until April 30. Until then, check out which of your faves below racked up nominations — then get voting!
BEST SHOW
Bridgerton
Cobra Kai
Emily in Paris
The Boys
WandaVision

BEST PERFORMANCE IN A SHOW
Anya Taylor-Joy: The Queen's Gambit
Elizabeth Olsen: WandaVision
Elliot Page: The Umbrella Academy
Emma Corrin: The Crown
Michaela Coel: I May Destroy You

BEST HERO
Anthony Mackie: The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Gal Gadot: Wonder Woman 1984
Jack Quaid: The Boys
Pedro Pascal: The Mandalorian
Teyonah Parris: WandaVision
BEST VILLAIN
Aya Cash: The Boys
Ewan McGregor: Birds of Prey
Giancarlo Esposito: The Mandalorian
Kathryn Hahn: WandaVision
Nicholas Hoult: The Great
BEST FIGHT
Final Funhouse Fight: Birds of Prey
Finale House Fight: Cobra Kai
Starlight, Queen Maeve, Kimiko vs. Stormfront: The Boys
Wanda vs. Agatha: WandaVision
Final Fight vs. Steppenwolf: Zack Snyder's Justice League

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Long article, so you may wish to read the rest of it...

WandaVision’s Elizabeth Olsen on feminism, famous sisters and playing a witch called Wanda
BY EMILY MADDICK    APRIL 21, 2021
https://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/article/elizabeth-olsen-wandavision-digital-cover-star-april-2021-interview 

Elizabeth has been living in leafy Richmond [she ‘loves’ it] with her musician fiancé Robbie Arnett since October, while filming another Marvel franchise, Dr Strange 2, alongside Benedict Cumberbatch. “It’s a bonkers movie, they’re definitely going for that horror show vibe,” she tells me.
“I’m someone who wears my heart on my sleeve, but I desperately understand Wanda just wanting to keep things together and this obsessive control thing,” she tells me. “It was a lot of exploration. I am a very emotional person, so it felt fine, but the best part was finding the humour in the absurdity and darkness.”
But while Elizabeth tells me that she’s no longer so prone to such frequent anxiety attacks, she does circle back to the importance of perspective and trying to focus on the humour of a situation, which WandaVision depicts so deftly. “It’s sometimes too hard to tell a story about mental health without adding levity,” she says. Indeed, it turns out there was plenty of humour off-screen too and she recounts a moment that had her and Paul Bettany howling with laughter.
“One of my favourite moments is when we were filming the third episode, the ’70s episode. I’m very pregnant and I go through the entire pregnancy in 30 minutes. My waters were supposed to break and then water inside the house was supposed to pour down on Paul and I. We were told it was going to be hot water, and we could only do it one take… It was freezing cold!” she recalls laughing. “I don’t know what happened, but it was so funny. And I just felt like that the whole show – we had to work so quickly and get so much done in a day that all we could do is laugh our way through it.”
“Kathryn Hahn, was so delicious to work with!” Elizabeth recalls with glee. “She really was like, ‘We are witches. How amazing is that? Like, we are these powerful women who men are terrified by, and they had to murder us because they were so scared of our power and our temptation and everything that is so mysterious about being a woman. Women were weaponised, so to have this ownership of witches, again, is really fun!”

At the show’s wrap, Kathryn gave her a “witchy gift” box of crystals and magical stones. “It was this beautiful, weird little box of treasures.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Whoa! https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-news/kevin-feige-reveal-dr-strange-written-out-wandavision-1164455/

As Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige reveals in Rolling Stone‘s upcoming, extensive oral history of WandaVision, Marvel struck a deal with Benedict Cumberbatch to appear in the final episode of the show as Dr. Strange. But late in the process, they wrote him out.

“Some people might say, ‘Oh, it would’ve been so cool to see Dr. Strange,’” says Feige. “But it would have taken away from Wanda, which is what we didn’t want to do. We didn’t want the end of the show to be commoditized to go to the next movie — here’s the white guy, ‘Let me show you how power works.’” That meant the Dr. Strange movie, too, had to be rewritten. In the end, Feige says, Marvel’s process is “a wonderful combination of very dedicated coordination, and chaos. Chaos magic.” At one point, back when Dr. Strange was supposed to be part of the story, the in-universe commercials were going to be messages from Strange to Wanda, and there was also talk of having Cumberbatch appear in one of the ads, head writer Jac Schaeffer says.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

In this Sci-Fi Talk podcast, MARZ Visual Effects Supervisor Ryan Freer talked about doing the special effects for WandaVision...

Ryan Freer
Tony Tellado   May 3, 2021

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

WandaVision is a nominee for Favorite Limited Series, Elizabeth Olsen, Kathryn Hahn and Teyonah Parris are nominees for Favorite Actress in a Limited Series, and Paul Bettany and Randall Park are nominees for Favorite Actor in a Limited Series..

Vote for Your Favorites! The 2021 Tell-Tale TV Awards (Round 1)
May 7, 2021    Tell-Tale TV
https://telltaletv.com/2021/05/vote-for-your-favorites-the-2021-tell-tale-tv-awards-round-1/

You can vote for up to THREE choices in each of the many categories below from now through Thursday, May 13th at 8pm EST. You can vote once per day until voting closes. All awards are for shows airing between May 2020 and April 2021.
The top 12 nominees in each category (or more in cases of ties) will then move on to Round 2, which will begin on Friday, May 14th.

Disney Shares "For Your Consideration" FALCON AND WINTER SOLDIER, WANDAVISION, & THE MANDALORIAN Posters
Josh Wilding   May 10, 2021
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/marvel/falcon_and_the_winter_soldier/disney-shares-for-your-consideration-falcon-and-winter-soldier-wandavision-the-mandalorian-posters-a184632#gs.116hxx

Disney has released the first "For Your Consideration" posters for The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, WandaVision, and The Mandalorian, giving us a better idea of what award categories they'll be pushing these shows in. 

For now, the focus with the two Marvel Studios TV shows appears to be getting them in the "Best Drama" and "Best Limited Series" categories, respectively. That makes sense as they stand a chance of making a real impact there, especially when the Emmys roll around this September. 

93203221.jpg 

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

13 of the Best Superhero TV Shows to Stream Right Now, According to an Entertainment Editor
By Nakeisha Campbell | May 13, 2021
https://www.purewow.com/entertainment/best-superhero-tv-shows 

1. ‘WANDAVISION’ ON DISNEY+

WandaVision follows Marvel couple Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) and Vision (Paul Bettany) as they navigate their newlywed life in the town of Westview, New Jersey, and fans have (understandably) been raving about it since day one. Not only does the Disney+ series include a charming cast and captivating storyline, but it also taps into very real issues. Whether you’re a loyal MCU fan who can pinpoint every easter egg or you’re totally clueless about these superheroes, it’s impossible to not be moved by the show’s realistic portrayal of grief and the need for escape.

Our executive editor, Candace Dividson, summed it up when describing the series as a “powerful allegory for living through loss and extreme trauma.” She continued, “Wanda’s facing cumulative trauma—the buildup of all that loss—and on some level, it reminded me of the past year, as we collectively faced the pandemic, financial instability, the Black Lives Matter movement (and our own internal reckoning with racism) and loss.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

WandaVision survived to Round 2 and is still a nominee for Favorite Limited Series. Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn also survived to Round 2 and are still nominees for Favorite Actress in a Limited Series. Paul Bettany and Randall Park also survived Round 2 and are still nominees for Favorite Actor in a Limited Series...

Vote for Your Favorites! The 2021 Tell-Tale TV Awards (Round 2)
https://telltaletv.com/2021/05/vote-for-your-favorites-the-2021-tell-tale-tv-awards-round-2/

For this round, you can vote for just ONE choice in each of the categories below from now through Thursday, May 20th at 8pm EST. You can vote once each day until voting closes. All awards are for shows airing between May 2020 and April 2021. 
The top 6 votes in each category (or more in cases of ties) will then move on to the Final Round of voting, which will begin on Friday, May 21st.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 2
(edited)

From last night's 2021 MTV Movie & TV Awards - WandaVision won 4 awards (I think, the most of any nominees)...

• Host Leslie Jones opened the show with a WandaVision parody called "LeslieVision" (spoofing TV shows like Good Times and Family Matters), with cameos from Kat Dennings and Randall Park.
  • Elizabeth Olsen won Best Performance In a Show for her performance in WandaVision. She accepted the award in person.
  • Wanda Vs. Agatha won Best Fight. Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn accepted the award in person.
  • Kathryn Hahn won Best Villain for her role in WandaVision. She accepted the award in person.
  • WandaVision won Best Show. Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn accepted the award in person.

_118541923_gettyimages-1318383942.jpg

You can watch LeslieVision (the WandaVision parody) that opened the 2021 MTV Movie & TV Awards show at:
https://www.mtv.com/movie-and-tv-awards/video-playlists/w54l6n/2021-mtv-movie-tv-awards-best-moments-from-this-year-s-show/mb8x8d

Also:
elizabeth olsen wins best performance in a show
https://www.mtv.com/movie-and-tv-awards/video-playlists/w54l6n/2021-mtv-movie-tv-awards-best-moments-from-this-year-s-show/4iilet

kathryn hahn named best villain
https://www.mtv.com/movie-and-tv-awards/video-playlists/w54l6n/2021-mtv-movie-tv-awards-best-moments-from-this-year-s-show/kjebc8

"wandavision" wins best show
https://www.mtv.com/movie-and-tv-awards/video-playlists/w54l6n/2021-mtv-movie-tv-awards-best-moments-from-this-year-s-show/k20irx

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Stars of Marvel’s ‘Loki,’ ‘WandaVision’ and ‘Falcon and the Winter Soldier’ Join Variety’s Virtual TV Fest
By William Earl    May 18, 2021
https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/wandavision-loki-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-marvel-variety-virtual-tv-fest-1234975320/ 

Variety is pleased to announce the final programming for its second annual Virtual TV Festival, presented by Amazon Advertising, airing on June 8, 9 and 10. An exclusive panel with the stars of Marvel’s “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier,” “Loki” and “WandaVision” will premiere on Wednesday, June 9. This will be the first time that the stars of all three shows will appear together in one panel. Paul Bettany, Tom Hiddleston, Elizabeth Olsen, Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan will come together to talk about the three shows and how they co-exist in the Marvel Universe.

VIRTUAL_TV_FEST_2021_SOCIAL_MARVEL_V2.jp 
Variety Virtual TV Fest Schedule:
https://virtualtvfest2021v4.splashthat.com/ 

DAY 2 MORNING PROGRAM

9:30 AM PT
MARVEL SUPERPANEL

Stars from Marvel's popular and eagerly awaited TV series WandaVision, Loki and The Falcon and The Winter Soldier talk about their experiences on the set and discuss their characters' impact on the storied Marvel Cinematic Universe.

PAUL BETTANY, WANDAVISION (VISION, THE VISION)

TOM HIDDLESTON, LOKI (LOKI)

ANTHONY MACKIE, THE FALCON AND WINTER SOLDIER ( SAM THOMAS WILSON / FALCON)

ELIZABETH OLSEN, WANDAVISION (WANDA MAXIMOFF/SCARLET WITCH)

SEBASTIAN STAN, THE FALCON AND WINTER SOLDIER (BUCKY BARNES / WINTER SOLDIER)

Moderated by Adam Vary
DAY 3 EVENING PROGRAM

VARIETY A NIGHT IN THE WRITERS' ROOM
5 PM - 6 PM PT

LIMITED SERIES
Moderated by Elaine Low, Senior TV Business Writer, Variety
JAC SCHAEFFER
HEAD WRITER & EXECUTIVE PRODUCER
CREATED FOR TELEVISION BY
WANDAVISION - Disney+

Another Variety virtual event featuring WandaVision cast/producers...

Variety Streaming Room - WandaVision
https://vsrdisneywandavision.splashthat.com/ 

An Exclusive Q&A With the Actors, Head Writer / Executive Producer & Director / Executive Producer of “WandaVision”

TUESDAY, MAY 25, 2021
5:00pm PDT
Actors Elizabeth Olsen, Kathryn Hahn, Teyonah Parris, head writer / executive producer Jac Schaeffer and director / executive produce Matt Shakman of “WandaVision” join Variety’s Angelique Jackson in the Variety Streaming Room presented by Disney+ for an exclusive Q&A discussing clips from the show. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

WandaVision survived to the Final Round as a nominee for Favorite Limited Series, Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn survived to the Final Round as nominees for Favorite Actress in a Limited Series, and Paul Bettany and Randall Park survived to the Final Round as nominees for Favorite Actor in a Limited Series...

Vote for Your Favorites! The 2021 Tell-Tale TV Awards (Final Round)
Tell-Tale TV     May 21, 2021
https://telltaletv.com/2021/05/vote-for-your-favorites-the-2021-tell-tale-tv-awards-final-round/ 

You can vote for ONE choice in each of the categories below from now through Thursday, May 27th at 8pm EST. You can vote once per day until voting closes. All awards are for television shows airing between May 2020 and April 2021. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Marvel’s Wandavision Star Kat Dennings Thought Darcy’s MCU Return Would Be for a Single Scene
By CAMERON BONOMOLO - May 23, 2021 
https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/marvel-wandavision-kat-dennings-darcy-lewis-mcu-return-scene-or-two/ 

"I got this call and they didn't tell me what show it was," Dennings said during a WandaVision cast Q&A with the SAG-AFTRA Foundation. "I knew, just from hearing and reading about it, that Marvel was doing all these shows. I was like, 'Huh, it has to be one of these.' But I thought it was gonna be like one scene maybe, just come in and explain something and then leave (laughs)."
"First the call said, 'Would you like to come back? Would you like to bring Darcy back?' [I said], 'Obviously, are you serious?'" Dennings recalled with a laugh. "And then I heard which show it was and I was just racking my brain like, 'Why? What could I be doing there?' Because Darcy didn't really have any contact with anyone really in this world before, it was all in Thor land. So I was very interested in what they were doing."

Dennings "thought it was going to be a scene or two maybe," she added, "so I was just delighted."

Conversations at Home with WANDAVISION
SAG-AFTRA Foundation    May 19, 2021

-- When asked if they knew from the start about the WandaVision relationship, Elizabeth Olsen said that Joss Whedon wanted to "suggest" something between Wanda and Vision in Age of Ultron, but they didn't know if Marvel would pick up on it. So she and Paul Bettany threw in "stolen glances." At the time, they did not know that there actually would be a love relationship between their characters in the future.

ETA: This is a great cast interview.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3