Type keyword(s) to search

Zombieland: Double Tap (2019)

SimoneS
  • Start Topic

I love Zombieland. I can't believe that I didn't know that they were making a sequel with the original cast and interesting additions like Avan Jogia. The trailer looks like it is going to be another fun Zombie adventure. Pleeasse don't be a let down, movie.

• Love 5
(edited)

It occurs to me that although she is too young for him, Rosario Dawson's character is probably Tallahassee's love interest. These new additions to the cast are really top notch. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, bettername2come said:

I love how the zombie horror comedy sequel trailer starts with telling the Academy Award worthiness of its cast. Part of what makes the original a classic.

Especially with some of the talent they've added. I adore Haley Lu Richardson, and Luke Wilson and Thomas Middleditch look like they'll be fun as the doppelgangers.

I'll definitely be buying a ticket for this. It will be a great Halloween movie

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

It occurs to me that although she is too young for him, Rosario Dawson's character is probably Tallahassee's love interest. This new additions to the cast are really top notch. 

You can't be picky after the zombie apocalypse. 

Even though he has been nominated for a bunch of major awards, Tallahassee is my second favorite Woody Harrelson role after Woody in Cheers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Oh, this was hilarious, maybe even more so than the first. Tallahassee's hatred of the mini van they're forced to drive just gets funnier as it goes on.

All of the doppelganger characters were great additions, particularly Rosario Dawson as Nevada, who has a great heroic moment near the end (and yes, is Tallahassee's love interest), and Madison, who is essentially the exact opposite of Wichita. I cracked up every time she did the peace sign.

The new, harder to kill breed of zombie adds some tension and I love the names of the categories Columbus created for the normal zombies (Homers, Hawkings). 

Also, Bill Murray! Don't leave before the credits. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Saw it earlier this week. I remember liking the first one, but this one bored me, sadly. The humor didn't hit for me - some of it felt punch-downish, and the rest just didn't land (for me). I have absolutely no investment in the Wichita/Columbus "romance", so all of that was a big miss for me as well. I was hoping for and expecting more. Maybe that was my downfall.

I agree it was a bit dumber than the first, but still had a lot of laughs. And WAY better than the last couple Walking Dead seasons, ha.

Tallahassee was definitely the MVP. His hatred of the minivan was hilarious.

I so totally knew the Tallahassee and Columbus clones were going to get killed off. Shocked that Madison lived though. 

The Bill Murray credits scene made the movie. It's a shame they killed off in the first one, he could have been a real asset to the group!

• Love 1

I kind of loved the touches that the movie made that said the culture essentially stopped in 2009. Madison is patterned more on Jessica Simpson than any of the current celubtantes, and the Walking Dead never became a t.v. series. The dead mall scene was especially pretty neat.

It was fun and pretty much what I expected, although by this point, I would have expected communal farming towns to exist at this point because wouldn't any and all food supplies that were made in 2009 be long gone by now? It didn't look like the hippie commune was doing any farming. I was okay with the explanation that power was still running because of hydro dams, but this was an annoying plot hole to me.

• Love 4

I agreed with one review I read that the movie was enjoyable partly because the cast looked like they were having a blast during filming. If there's such a thing as a feel-good zombie flick, this was it.

Didn't really buy the Wichita-Columbus love story, but everything else was more than fine — and Zooey Deutch practically stole every scene she was in.

• Love 1
On 10/27/2019 at 10:08 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I would have expected communal farming towns to exist at this point because wouldn't any and all food supplies that were made in 2009 be long gone by now?

Agreed, and the Mountain Dew Code Red would have turned into vinegar or something by then.

Saw it today.  It was definitely not as gleeful as the first.  It was more serious for a while than I expected, part of which was the relationship break up and drama.  It's not that that part was written or executed badly, it's just not what I expected.

The one point where I couldn't suspend disbelief was that they would let all their guns be melted without stashing a few.  That is not a Tallahassee move.  And that's saying something given that the zombie kill of the year involved the leaning tower of Pisa.

There was actually some tension in the T-800 zombie fights that surprised me.  In the first film one on one battles were overly pretty quickly, but they were harder fought in this one.

The ending of the movie was exactly the kind of ridiculousness that I came for, and the after credits scene was a cherry.

• Love 3

It’s nowhere near as good as the first one, but the chemistry of the cast is undeniable and even in an inferior movie, it was good to see these characters I love back together again. I liked Rosario Dawson and Zoey Deutch was more adorable than her character had any right to be. I liked her saving Wichita. 
The doppelgängers were fun. I liked the new rules. I liked that Little Rock saw through Berkeley’s bullshit and knew he didn’t write the songs. I thought it was interesting how they had Little Rock leave because she wanted to grow up when the others wouldn’t really let her. Like they had gone from “twelve’s the new twenty” to “twenty-two is the new seventeen.” Tallahassee and Reno work in this world of slim pickings. Loved the rescue at the end and the little bonding moment when they all think they’re about to die. 

I think my favorite line from this one is “He’s killed more celebrities than cocaine.”

• Love 1