Type keyword(s) to search

Benjamin & Akinyi: Come On Down! You're the Next Contestant on "The (Bride)Price is Right!"

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Caught up on Ben news. Brain freeze on Ben the Cheater.

I doubt he is actually dating another woman, people are just confusing him being seen with a woman of color and mistaking her for Akinyi. It could even be his ex-wife when he does the hand offs of their son. 

It's been pretty constant, though. Every time they come up for any reason, people insist Akinyi is here already. She may be, but if they don't post a photo, I'm going with mistaken identity.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm watching the rerun of their Quarantined episode, Akinyi is smart to not want to be rushed into marriage, ugh!  Ben is just gross, with nothing to offer that I can see.  That neckbeard is absolutely disgusting.

Edited by blubld43
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 4/5/2022 at 12:17 AM, MrBuhBye said:

We got Ben giving a semen sample on 90 Day Diaries. 

Thanks for the warning. I have not watched 90 day dairies yet. I have watched their youtube channel which is for the most part pretty wholesome, lots of church events, family time and normal life. They seem like one of the most normal couples, and I give Akini credit because she fit right in without too much complaining (like so many other cast do) to American life (and Ben at first was sharing a house and she was stuck at home with a stranger all day). When you see a video of her with the kids or at a church event you would never know 3 months prioir she was living in Africa. You can also tell that she pick Ben because of faith. There are so many comments to her that she could have done better but she insists she got what she wanted a man of God that respects and cares for her. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Wasn't he roasted online during his season by his ex who claimed he owed a lot of back child support?? If that were true and his finances so dire, how the heck did he afford the bride price, the trip over there, her visa, the big wedding.....unless Ben is just up to his eyebrows in debt and close to filing bankruptcy (Tarik did soon after marrying Hazel). I know there is a min income level required to file for the visa and green card without a cosigner, but do they run a credit check? The government wants to avoid the immigrant spouse ending up on welfare, but do they check that the sponsor isn't two paychecks away from needing the same help. 

I didn't care for her during their season, I thought she was rude to him, and even in follow ups she seemed to make comments about his weight, his hygiene, etc. If they found happiness, that is great. I will say, they were one couple I applauded for being of the same attractiveness---as in, Ben didn't go abroad looking for a solid 10. She isn't very attractive and neither is he (IMHO). I don't agree w/comments that she "could have done better." 

Edited by Stuckathome
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Wasn't he roasted online during his season by his ex who claimed he owed a lot of back child support?? If that were true and his finances so dire, how the heck did he afford the bride price, the trip over there, her visa, the big wedding.....unless Ben is just up to his eyebrows in debt and close to filing bankruptcy (Tarik did soon after marrying Hazel). I know there is a min income level required to file for the visa and green card without a cosigner, but do they run a credit check? The government wants to avoid the immigrant spouse ending up on welfare, but do they check that the sponsor isn't two paychecks away from needing the same help. 

I didn't care for her during their season, I thought she was rude to him, and even in follow ups she seemed to make comments about his weight, his hygiene, etc. If they found happiness, that is great. I will say, they were one couple I applauded for being of the same attractiveness---as in, Ben didn't go abroad looking for a solid 10. She isn't very attractive and neither is he (IMHO). I don't agree w/comments that she "could have done better." 

On Diaries she was pressuring him to get her a house but he said he spent a lot on the travel, visa etc.  I seem to remember him taking public transportation to work on his season but they do have a car now.  She wants to get pregnant ASAP which seems unwise when they don’t know each other that well yet and have financial issues.

• Useful 1
24 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

On Diaries she was pressuring him to get her a house

I blame television and Hollywood for perpetuating the idea that everyone in the US owns a single family home with picket fence while working a min wage job. Oh and the wives stay home and don't work outside the home and it's allllll good. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4