Type keyword(s) to search

Titans Spoilers: Locked in the Tower

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, DeadlyEuphoric said:

They better NOT be revealing Nightwing suit in an episode dedicated to and featuring Hawk.

Welp.

Maybe this season will be better viewed as a block.  I dunno.  But even worse than that, now I feel like this entire season was just buildup to Nightwing.  No wonder it has felt so bad with pacing, etc.. the writers in the end are just using it for the Nightwing Show (with special very rarely seen guest stars, the Titans).

S3 can't come soon enough for me.  Can't believe we have to wait a year.

On 11/20/2019 at 6:25 AM, phoenics said:

Welp.

Maybe this season will be better viewed as a block.  I dunno.  But even worse than that, now I feel like this entire season was just buildup to Nightwing.  No wonder it has felt so bad with pacing, etc.. the writers in the end are just using it for the Nightwing Show (with special very rarely seen guest stars, the Titans).

S3 can't come soon enough for me.  Can't believe we have to wait a year.

It sure was leading to that, and as Dick's arc that is perfectly fine. The problem is not giving the others their own arc and something to work with. Been a rather mediocre season for most if not all of the rest. At the very least Kory & Connor could get some more spotlight I think what with his being the season Connor got introduced and Kory lost her parents (but her arc is being built to be the next big thing in S3 so there is that). But they didn't get enough. (still doing better than the rest). I get that it is not always easy to give enough time to every single character and there will be characters one focuses on more, and as "lead" Dick will probably always get better treatment than most (and as a fan I can live with that lol) but they do need to do better than this. Rachel taking more of a backseat was understandable as she got the spotlight last season, but the rest needed more, especially the original Titans, and mostly Donna. Hawk and Dawn got more focus than her I think, but it was not interesting and repetition of the same, to the point I actually do not look forward to the Hawk episode at all. Lost me at the "cage fighting addict" thing.  Donna really didn't get anything. Her love story was rushed and over in a bit. As was her "stuck between duty and love" stuff (if one could call it that, it definitely didn't register through much) or "vengeance" bit. This show doesn't give its characters enough time to show their emotions and depths and inner struggles - except for Dick and his Ghost'Daddy.

As for putting the Nightwing reveal at the end of a Hawk episode, it does injustice to both, so hopefully not going to happen.

• Love 1

Connor is there next to Kory. And Hank is at the very end.

I highly doubt they would really give a clue on who the fallen Titan is on the promo, people have noticed Donna's lasso is near the casket, so there are definitely clues to it being her. But I think both are just visions of Rachel.

My candidate for the fallen Titan is Hawk, unless they are still going for the spin-off, and he gets his "focus" episode right before the finale to make his death even more impactful. Of all he feels the most expendable character for them and then we are left with Dawn who probably sticks around as has no where to go and we have ourselves some relationship drama between Dick-Dawn and Kory for s3 I guess.

(and if not him, Jason but too early for Jason to be killed off. Really doubt they will be killing a female character, esp with S3 getting a Kory focus feel Donna would be there. Rachel is a possibility only if it is a bit of a fakeout and she gets "reborn"/revived come beginning of next season, end of episode because "supernatural parentage!").

• Love 1

Oh I must be seeing a different trailer then because the one I saw on Instagram ends with Dawn, Gar, Rose, and Dick in a line in dress clothes, presumably at a funeral since an earlier shot was a casket being pulled out of a hearse. 

I agree that it is likely some sort of fake out. A vision of Gar's brainwashing or Rachel (she references dreams of Deathstroke killing in the trailer), or possibly even some sort of funeral for Jericho/Slade. 

I believe Alan Ritchson has mentioned being in Season 3, so I doubt he's going anywhere (unless he's lying). I don't remember who else from the cast was posting about being excited for season 3. Ryan Potter may not have? I'm going from memory but he mostly posts in Instagram stories and those aren't saved. 

I'm excited for next week. 

ETA- the one I saw had a tighter end shot. I found the wider shot and do see Hank, Connor, and Kory. So that does leave Rachel, Donna, and Jason as the unaccounted for Titans. 

Edited by Jenniferbug
3 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

They ruined Donna so much they might as well just kill her off.

They never even gave her any kind of backstory. But yet we can spend 4 episodes in two 12-13 episodes seasons on Hank and Dawn. 

Yeah - I'm very upset about this.  

My only hope is that Donna has come back from the dead before in comics.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

Oh I must be seeing a different trailer then because the one I saw on Instagram ends with Dawn, Gar, Rose, and Dick in a line in dress clothes, presumably at a funeral since an earlier shot was a casket being pulled out of a hearse. 

I agree that it is likely some sort of fake out. A vision of Gar's brainwashing or Rachel (she references dreams of Deathstroke killing in the trailer), or possibly even some sort of funeral for Jericho/Slade. 

I believe Alan Ritchson has mentioned being in Season 3, so I doubt he's going anywhere (unless he's lying). I don't remember who else from the cast was posting about being excited for season 3. Ryan Potter may not have? I'm going from memory but he mostly posts in Instagram stories and those aren't saved. 

I'm excited for next week. 

ETA- the one I saw had a tighter end shot. I found the wider shot and do see Hank, Connor, and Kory. So that does leave Rachel, Donna, and Jason as the unaccounted for Titans. 

There is also a very cryptic instagram post from Conor Leslie.

A spoiler thread for S3 on reddit also lists everyone known to return for S3 and the only person missing is CL, 😞

Yeah the fact that it says her next adventure is pretty telling that her current one on Titans is done. 

They don't seem to care about writing for Donna since she never got a backstory and they are making everyone hate her this season. Killing her off would be the easiest for them. 

I will say (and maybe it comes from denial) that after she left Canada, Conor went on a trip to Bali, which is itself an adventure (and she made a great post about being grateful because a little over a year before she was broke and struggling). So I'm holding on to that until the show leaves me no choice. 🙂

• Love 1

Maybe if she just said next adventure, but she said next chapter too. Which to me implies she finished a chapter with Titans and is now looking for work.

The writers don't seem to care about Donna so killing her off would probably be no big loss to them. Of course killing off the known side kicks of the Justice League should've/should result in Aquaman and Wonder Woman showing up even though we know they won't. But that just makes it stand out that they are not around which is a dumb thing for the show to keep doing. Keeping them alive and just going with they decided to go back to Atlantis and Themyscira would make more sense without having to explain the absence of the rest of JL besides Bruce. 

• Love 3

Scenes from the original Season 1 finale. Apparently the Doom Patrol were going to be in it and Cyborg and Wally West would've been mentioned by Donna. Also Nightwing, Starfire and Raven had suits. I kind of want to see this finale since it looks much better than the one we got since it has them being a team of superheroes like they are supposed to be. 

image.png.584a980687a701f6fb770f5a67d81bd0.png

image.png.4138439b223a2e69f8e4a7dd71da2853.png

image.png.16e3566bc49e58150eb2fded26f5e644.png

image.png.a6645264c5543cd1318ed6977b28339f.png

image.png.1568a2959c5f64d0dfd61de9ca3d2b10.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Red hood confirmed, per Titans panel at #DCFanDome.  Also apparently Blackfire will be staying at Wayne Manor?  Not sure if that was a joke or not. Also the Titans will be going to Gotham.  So - this storyline will focus still on the BatFamily.

Starfire/Blackfire feels almost like it's gonna be filler.

I'm unhappy.  Titans really is just a vehicle for a Knightwing show and nothing else.

• Love 1

Well,  I was really looking forward to more Titans but I really didn't want Jason to be Red Hood this quickly.   I really wanted Barbara as Oracle.   I don't really want space fam drama.   So I guess I'm not very excited about any of this. 

Is this the Titans or the Bat Family show? 

Stop adding more characters and focus on the Titans you have first. Adding all these characters doesn't excite me because it means these new characters will get more focus and the ones that barely get anything to do will get even less. 

• Love 3

Last year I felt like Kory, Rachel and Gar didn't really fit into the story they were trying to tell and with season 3 focusing so much on Gotham City and the Bat family mythos it's going to be more of the same. They made three of the core four unnecessary to the main plot.

I already watched Gotham and also watch Batwoman. I have got my fill with Gotham City. I saw enough of Scarecrow and don't like Jason. And no Oracle? Because that was the one character I was actually looking forward to seeing.

I am only slightly interested in Blackfire. Not hyped about anything else.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Is this the Titans or the Bat Family show? 

Stop adding more characters and focus on the Titans you have first. Adding all these characters doesn't excite me because it means these new characters will get more focus and the ones that barely get anything to do will get even less. 

They really dont know what to do with the Titans outside of Batman and friends. 

Introducing Red Hood this early and with Jasons biggest "dark moment" was being captured by Slade feels like they are missing a big chunk of the characters history. 3 months does not one take to go from Robin to Red Hood. He should've disappeared for a few years and grown up. Not turn 16 and decides "im going to become an anti-vigilante" 

• Love 1

Hopefully they actually give her a storyline this time and don't make it all about Rachel. 

Although I'm curious why they are not mentioning if we'll see Themyscira considering that's where Donna's body and Rachel were going. But they can mention going to Gotham like it's the best surprise ever. I'd rather hang out on Themyscira with the Amazons for a bit than see Gotham for the 500th time on screen. I know they probably can't show Wonder Woman because DC is stupid with sharing their characters, but their are other Amazons we can see. 

This really is the Bat Family show, not the Titans. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Trini said:

I may be in the minority, but I liked the pink hair, and I wish they'd go back to something closer to that.

EnfEGVnVEAAW_jQ?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

I like this; don't like all the veins, though.

I hate it. First they make her look like hooker extra number 2 on Law and Order SVU and now it’s like they saw an old episode of Slim Goodbody on PBS from back in the 80s and thought yesss that’s the look we want .. It looks cheap and like it was a last ditch afterthought of throw a body leotard on her and call it a day. Why can they give everyone else a comic accurate look or something that doesn’t look absolutely ridiculous but her? I really like her character and I like the actress playing her it’s just the shit costumes they are putting her in that’s just killing it 

C86A04A4-0CD2-4E39-B5BB-BAD3B34DE1EC.jpeg

Edited by Keywestclubkid

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/titans-season-3-barbara-gordon-savannah-welch-1234886752/

Variety has learned exclusively that Savannah Welch has been cast in the role of the HBO Max show’s upcoming third season. In Season 3, Gordon is Gotham City Police Commissioner. She used to be Batgirl until she was shot and paralyzed by the Joker, leaving her wheelchair bound. She has a combative relationship with Bruce Wayne. Her life gets more complicated when Dick Grayson (Brenton Thwaites) returns to Gotham, rekindling their old romance and starting a new crime fighting partnership.

Welch is known for her role in the History Channel military drama “Six,” in which she played a Marine who suffered an amputation in combat. Her other onscreen appearances include the critically acclaimed films “Boyhood” and “Tree of Life.” Welch herself is an amputee, losing one of her legs after an accident in 2016. Since then, she has become a spokesperson for the disability community.

• Useful 2

Interesting that they're going with a variant of the Batman Beyond Barbara, albeit younger. Although still older than I thought they'd go (the actress is 36, meaning Dick Grayson is being established as around that age too). 

How it dovetails into the actual actresses' amputee status is... interesting.  Barbara has never been an amputee, just paralysed, so it leads to questions on if the source of her disability (being shot through the spine By The Joker) is supposed to be the same here. I can't imagine they'll simply park her in a chair and leave it vague what's under a blanket. 

• Love 1

The Titans twitter source was correct all this time, 3 months later. Good to know.

Rather she be Oracle though....since Savannah does wear a prosephetic I wonder if that will come into play and if they'll suit her up again at some point and just have the stunt double do the fight scenes.

3 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

The Titans twitter source was correct all this time, 3 months later. Good to know.

Which source was that?

I'm guessing Oracle rather than Barbara going back into combat.

10 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Cant find the twitter yet but this site reported it back in December right down to what the press release was about barbara

https://www.thevulcanreporter.com/scoops/titans-season-3-spoiler-cameo/

5xioczfu8xv51.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

But that Tweet is incorrect in a key detail. She's NOT paraplegic in real life like it says. She's an amputee. And she's NOT both. 

Evidence:  https://images.app.goo.gl/NPXHJaMUNbbM7RWH7

So she could quite easily be shown in Batgirl mode. Even if just in flashbacks. Mask off still shots or casual walking around scenes, it's her with her prosthetic. Action scenes, it's mask on and a stuntwoman. 

It still tells us little about what Barbara's injury will be in the show. Variety could just be assuming she's paralysed on the show, simply because that's always been her story before. CLEARLY there's still an incident, probably still with The Joker, but it's unclear if it's an amputee acting the role of a paraplegic or if they've adjusted the story for the actress. We shall see, I guess. 

Edited by Kromm
9 hours ago, Kromm said:

But that Tweet is incorrect in a key detail. She's NOT paraplegic in real life like it says. She's an amputee. And she's NOT both. 

Evidence:  https://images.app.goo.gl/NPXHJaMUNbbM7RWH7

So she could quite easily be shown in Batgirl mode. Even if just in flashbacks. Mask off still shots or casual walking around scenes, it's her with her prosthetic. Action scenes, it's mask on and a stuntwoman. 

It still tells us little about what Barbara's injury will be in the show. Variety could just be assuming she's paralysed on the show, simply because that's always been her story before. CLEARLY there's still an incident, probably still with The Joker, but it's unclear if it's an amputee acting the role of a paraplegic or if they've adjusted the story for the actress. We shall see, I guess. 

Since they didnt know who the actress was they couldve easily just been told that the actress herself is also disabled and made a presumption. But their website was close enough to what has actually come out which is good enough for me.

38 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

Isn't Barbara a little young to be commissioner?  Or maybe Gotham is such a crappy place no one else is willing to take the job. 

It isnt a tv show if a young adult isnt able to take over a positon that most people arent able to get until they are in their 40s+

• Love 1