Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
CuriousParker

Titans Spoilers: Locked in the Tower

More BTS photos.... Beast Boy and Superboy running into some San Francisco cops (more in the Twitter thread...)

Theoretically promos aren't spoilers, but if you didn't see Anna Diop's interview on DC Daily last week this one has a HUGE reveal....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DeadlyEuphoric said:

They better NOT be revealing Nightwing suit in an episode dedicated to and featuring Hawk.

Welp.

Maybe this season will be better viewed as a block.  I dunno.  But even worse than that, now I feel like this entire season was just buildup to Nightwing.  No wonder it has felt so bad with pacing, etc.. the writers in the end are just using it for the Nightwing Show (with special very rarely seen guest stars, the Titans).

S3 can't come soon enough for me.  Can't believe we have to wait a year.

On 11/20/2019 at 6:25 AM, phoenics said:

Welp.

Maybe this season will be better viewed as a block.  I dunno.  But even worse than that, now I feel like this entire season was just buildup to Nightwing.  No wonder it has felt so bad with pacing, etc.. the writers in the end are just using it for the Nightwing Show (with special very rarely seen guest stars, the Titans).

S3 can't come soon enough for me.  Can't believe we have to wait a year.

It sure was leading to that, and as Dick's arc that is perfectly fine. The problem is not giving the others their own arc and something to work with. Been a rather mediocre season for most if not all of the rest. At the very least Kory & Connor could get some more spotlight I think what with his being the season Connor got introduced and Kory lost her parents (but her arc is being built to be the next big thing in S3 so there is that). But they didn't get enough. (still doing better than the rest). I get that it is not always easy to give enough time to every single character and there will be characters one focuses on more, and as "lead" Dick will probably always get better treatment than most (and as a fan I can live with that lol) but they do need to do better than this. Rachel taking more of a backseat was understandable as she got the spotlight last season, but the rest needed more, especially the original Titans, and mostly Donna. Hawk and Dawn got more focus than her I think, but it was not interesting and repetition of the same, to the point I actually do not look forward to the Hawk episode at all. Lost me at the "cage fighting addict" thing.  Donna really didn't get anything. Her love story was rushed and over in a bit. As was her "stuck between duty and love" stuff (if one could call it that, it definitely didn't register through much) or "vengeance" bit. This show doesn't give its characters enough time to show their emotions and depths and inner struggles - except for Dick and his Ghost'Daddy.

As for putting the Nightwing reveal at the end of a Hawk episode, it does injustice to both, so hopefully not going to happen.

• Like 1

The suit reveal is in the finale. 
The last shot of the promo has Dick in a suit, so I’m guessing a funeral scene...Rachel and Donna are noticeably missing. 

• Like 2

Connor is there next to Kory. And Hank is at the very end.

I highly doubt they would really give a clue on who the fallen Titan is on the promo, people have noticed Donna's lasso is near the casket, so there are definitely clues to it being her. But I think both are just visions of Rachel.

My candidate for the fallen Titan is Hawk, unless they are still going for the spin-off, and he gets his "focus" episode right before the finale to make his death even more impactful. Of all he feels the most expendable character for them and then we are left with Dawn who probably sticks around as has no where to go and we have ourselves some relationship drama between Dick-Dawn and Kory for s3 I guess.

(and if not him, Jason but too early for Jason to be killed off. Really doubt they will be killing a female character, esp with S3 getting a Kory focus feel Donna would be there. Rachel is a possibility only if it is a bit of a fakeout and she gets "reborn"/revived come beginning of next season, end of episode because "supernatural parentage!").

• Like 1

Oh I must be seeing a different trailer then because the one I saw on Instagram ends with Dawn, Gar, Rose, and Dick in a line in dress clothes, presumably at a funeral since an earlier shot was a casket being pulled out of a hearse. 

I agree that it is likely some sort of fake out. A vision of Gar's brainwashing or Rachel (she references dreams of Deathstroke killing in the trailer), or possibly even some sort of funeral for Jericho/Slade. 

I believe Alan Ritchson has mentioned being in Season 3, so I doubt he's going anywhere (unless he's lying). I don't remember who else from the cast was posting about being excited for season 3. Ryan Potter may not have? I'm going from memory but he mostly posts in Instagram stories and those aren't saved. 

I'm excited for next week. 

ETA- the one I saw had a tighter end shot. I found the wider shot and do see Hank, Connor, and Kory. So that does leave Rachel, Donna, and Jason as the unaccounted for Titans. 

Edited by Jenniferbug

They ruined Donna so much they might as well just kill her off.

They never even gave her any kind of backstory. But yet we can spend 4 episodes in two 12-13 episodes seasons on Hank and Dawn. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

They ruined Donna so much they might as well just kill her off.

They never even gave her any kind of backstory. But yet we can spend 4 episodes in two 12-13 episodes seasons on Hank and Dawn. 

Yeah - I'm very upset about this.  

My only hope is that Donna has come back from the dead before in comics.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

Oh I must be seeing a different trailer then because the one I saw on Instagram ends with Dawn, Gar, Rose, and Dick in a line in dress clothes, presumably at a funeral since an earlier shot was a casket being pulled out of a hearse. 

I agree that it is likely some sort of fake out. A vision of Gar's brainwashing or Rachel (she references dreams of Deathstroke killing in the trailer), or possibly even some sort of funeral for Jericho/Slade. 

I believe Alan Ritchson has mentioned being in Season 3, so I doubt he's going anywhere (unless he's lying). I don't remember who else from the cast was posting about being excited for season 3. Ryan Potter may not have? I'm going from memory but he mostly posts in Instagram stories and those aren't saved. 

I'm excited for next week. 

ETA- the one I saw had a tighter end shot. I found the wider shot and do see Hank, Connor, and Kory. So that does leave Rachel, Donna, and Jason as the unaccounted for Titans. 

There is also a very cryptic instagram post from Conor Leslie.

A spoiler thread for S3 on reddit also lists everyone known to return for S3 and the only person missing is CL, 😞

• Sad 2

Yeah the fact that it says her next adventure is pretty telling that her current one on Titans is done. 

They don't seem to care about writing for Donna since she never got a backstory and they are making everyone hate her this season. Killing her off would be the easiest for them. 

I will say (and maybe it comes from denial) that after she left Canada, Conor went on a trip to Bali, which is itself an adventure (and she made a great post about being grateful because a little over a year before she was broke and struggling). So I'm holding on to that until the show leaves me no choice. 🙂

• Like 1

Maybe if she just said next adventure, but she said next chapter too. Which to me implies she finished a chapter with Titans and is now looking for work.

The writers don't seem to care about Donna so killing her off would probably be no big loss to them. Of course killing off the known side kicks of the Justice League should've/should result in Aquaman and Wonder Woman showing up even though we know they won't. But that just makes it stand out that they are not around which is a dumb thing for the show to keep doing. Keeping them alive and just going with they decided to go back to Atlantis and Themyscira would make more sense without having to explain the absence of the rest of JL besides Bruce. 

• Like 3

Scenes from the original Season 1 finale. Apparently the Doom Patrol were going to be in it and Cyborg and Wally West would've been mentioned by Donna. Also Nightwing, Starfire and Raven had suits. I kind of want to see this finale since it looks much better than the one we got since it has them being a team of superheroes like they are supposed to be. 

image.png.584a980687a701f6fb770f5a67d81bd0.png

image.png.4138439b223a2e69f8e4a7dd71da2853.png

image.png.16e3566bc49e58150eb2fded26f5e644.png

image.png.a6645264c5543cd1318ed6977b28339f.png

image.png.1568a2959c5f64d0dfd61de9ca3d2b10.png

• Like 2
  • Useful 1