Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I think Bitsy is right at home and happy amid her Fox "family" where no one ever challenges her ignorance or her crazy, at least no one within the Fox walls. That said, she is now forced to work much longer and painfully early hours for less pay to a significantly smaller audience.

If it weren't for "that other place" (and Rosie O'Donnell) she would be nothing more than a footnote on the Survivor Wikipedia page. The View made her and largely gave her the cushy privileged life she now enjoys. She is a judgmental, sanctimonious, entitled, ungrateful and bitter woman who has had an unfathomable and completely unearned string of luck in her professional life. One can only hope that sooner or later karma will finally catch up with her and she will fade back into bitter obscurity where she belongs.

• Love 6

Once Faux News dumps her on her behind like they do to a lot of the female hosts for F&F she'll get a rude awakening. Some of the other hosts have gotten their own shows on the network but I'm not sure anyone would want to watch Bitsy trying to anchor her own show when she can barely even put together her own sentences.

Other hosts at that network have had degrees related to broadcasting or journalism to fall back on and gotten jobs at other stations after leaving or being let go but Bitsy doesn't. She has a BOA with a concentration on large scale paintings and industrial design.

• Love 6

^^^THIS!

Also, as I just posted in the F&F thread, Bitsy's been MIA from F&F quite often lately,  I run around the "news" programs in the morning and have noticed that she was off at least two days last week, and again this morning with no explanation.  Wonder what's up with her.

Edited by Tunia

Other hosts at that network have had degrees related to broadcasting or journalism to fall back on and gotten jobs at other stations after leaving or being let go but Bitsy doesn't. She has a BOA with a concentration on large scale paintings and industrial design.

The educational pedigrees of most of the women on Fox are top notch.  Which I always find disconcerting.  

• Love 5

Also, as I just posted in the F&F thread, Bitsy's been MIA from F&F quite often lately,  I run around the "news" programs in the morning and have noticed that she was off at least two days last week, and again this morning with no explanation.  Wonder what's up with her.

I check out F&F once in a while to see what craziness is going on. More often than not there is no Bitsy. I don't watch long enough to see if there is a reason. After reading here I checked her twitter. This is her most recent tweet and instragram

https://instagram.com/p/9W8ccBneRB/

Looks like she is in a kitchen. I'm not sure if "homework duty" meant her homework or helping her kids. Everything with her seems to be an enigma.

• Love 1

Once Faux News dumps her on her behind like they do to a lot of the female hosts for F&F she'll get a rude awakening. Some of the other hosts have gotten their own shows on the network but I'm not sure anyone would want to watch Bitsy trying to anchor her own show when she can barely even put together her own sentences.

You seem to be forgetting that she graduated from the Barbara Walters School of Journalism, as she told us when she left the show.  She'd be better of with a Journalism degree from Devry.

• Love 1

Once Faux News dumps her on her behind like they do to a lot of the female hosts for F&F she'll get a rude awakening.

The thought I forgot to add to my previous post is that of all The View hosts, co-hosts and previous hosts, Bitsy is the one who doesn't have anything else to fall back on besides her gluten-free diet bars and cookbooks.  Others have TV appearances, comedy schtick, movies, etc. to give them another avenue to earn a buck.  Not so with Bitsy, so she better hope she stays at F&F for as long as possible and saves her pennies for the future.  I don't know who else would hire her at this point, and you rarely see her on TV guest appearances, unless it's Hannity or the like.

Thanks for posting that Instagram, Dissy.  You're right...an enigma, for sure.

Edit b/c "schtick" isn't a word I spell everyday!  Thank heavens for susieq147.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 2

Agreed. She and her husband need to be wise investors and spenders. Maybe that's why they're downsizing from the McMansion. The news business is incredibly fickle. Only a small percentage make a long-term career. People much more talented and intelligent than Bitsy have either left the business altogether or downgraded their profiles. Even Katie Couric is now on Yahoo news (and getting paid a lot, but still). Think of people like Paula Zahn, Kathleen Sullivan, Linda Ellerbee - and these people were pros, not wind-up rage-spewing dolls. Jodi Applegate was the darling of NBC years ago and the last I heard of her she was doing a non-national morning show and I don't even think she does that anymore. Another former darling, Campbell Brown, is out of the business too.

Bottom line - her long term aspects on television are bleak. As for other jobs, maybe she'll get some sort of job at a military-focused charity or doing (don't laugh) motivational speaking for evangelical groups, both areas she seems interested in. But neither of those will make megabucks.

• Love 3

Elisabeth had the luck of timing on her side.  When she was hired by the View this country seemed to be tilted to the right.  Unfortunately there was a place for her right wing conservative vitriol.  But then the country started tilting back and her never ending Obama bashing got old and the View showed her the door.  Without Fox News where would she have ended up?  GMA had given her opportunities to be a contributor there but she wasn't a hit with their viewers (and I'm guessing probably not the people that work there either).  Being a Republican Barbie is Elisabeth's schtick.  Without that she has nothing.  Anything she has done outside of TV (her clothing line, her books) probably did as well as they did because of her being on TV.  Name recognition.  Once Fox decides she has aged out of her position (which should be in the next couple years, she is almost 40 right?) she better hope Tim can take the reins and be the breadwinner.  I mean seriously, what else can she do? 

• Love 6

Frankly, how well did Bitsy's clothing and books do? QVC didn't ask her back, and I'm sure the book sales numbers were due to bulk purchases for celiac/dietician conferences etc.

A few years ago her team tried to set up and sell a website for her where she's talk about recipes, child-raising, fashion etc. My thought at the time was that they saw the View writing on the wall and were trying to position her as a kinder, gentler mommy personality, perhaps as a panelist on another show or as a Youtube-type personality (don't laugh, some of those people make bank). But too late. She made her bones as a shrill GOP mouthpiece and it's hard to rehabilitate that. The site went away after a year or so.

• Love 5

You people are scaring me because it sounds like the only possible future career for this poor bimbo is:  POLITICS!  And it's not as if nobody would ever vote for such an unqualified lunatic, because look how high Donald Trump & Ben Carson have managed to crawl in the polls.  

• Love 7

Frankly, how well did Bitsy's clothing and books do? QVC didn't ask her back, and I'm sure the book sales numbers were due to bulk purchases for celiac/dietician conferences etc.

She never would have been given a book or clothing design deal without being on the View.  And now with her being on Fox and Friends her audience is much smaller so I don't think publishers or anyone trying to sell something is going to look to her to do it for them.

You people are scaring me because it sounds like the only possible future career for this poor bimbo is:  POLITICS!  And it's not as if nobody would ever vote for such an unqualified lunatic, because look how high Donald Trump & Ben Carson have managed to crawl in the polls.

I've always thought that was her and Tim's end game.  For one of them to run for office. 

• Love 1

I believe the only reason Hasselbeck is bitter about The View is enitrely her ego. "How dare they fire me, I MADE that show!!" I'm sure she thinks she made the show relevant. I don't doubt she's happy at Fox except for the fact that she no longer stands out, so she isn't getting the attention she craves. Plus, I'm sure it's anxious for a dumb blonde over there because those are a dime a dozen among conservatives. If she could get her own show, she wouldn't have had to have Barbara call in a favor to get her the job she has now.

Meredith talked about the "what else are you going to do at your age" comment she received from someone at The View/ABC before she left. She said that it was someone who is no longer in the business... Maybe Geddie, Barbara, or that woman who's pissed at Rosie O'Donnell? Or someone else we don't know. Very sad that you'd hear that at a "woman's show" of all places.

• Love 2

You people are scaring me because it sounds like the only possible future career for this poor bimbo is:  POLITICS!  And it's not as if nobody would ever vote for such an unqualified lunatic, because look how high Donald Trump & Ben Carson have managed to crawl in the polls.  

And don't forget McCain's darling, Sarah Palin!

I've always thought that was her and Tim's end game.  For one of them to run for office.

Does running through the park waving the flag count as a pre-requisite or experience?   'Cuz...what else has she done?  She even screwed the GOP's attempt to downplay Sarah Palin's wardrobe kerfuffle.

• Love 1

A few years ago her team tried to set up and sell a website for her where she's talk about recipes, child-raising, fashion etc. My thought at the time was that they saw the View writing on the wall and were trying to position her as a kinder, gentler mommy personality, perhaps as a panelist on another show or as a Youtube-type personality (don't laugh, some of those people make bank). But too late. She made her bones as a shrill GOP mouthpiece and it's hard to rehabilitate that. The site went away after a year or so.

Well, when she ages out at FOX there's always a stellar career for her in the exciting world of late-night infomercials and hawking crap on QVC. Better keep those abs in shape Bitsy!

http://youtu.be/6jJ4w3ZYLF0

http://youtu.be/GsbmmdkAB-E

• Love 2

Okay, I admit it, I would totally watch this - at least a couple times.  I think it would be hilarious.  

wind-up rage-spewing dolls.

Bwahahaha!  Love it. 

Every venture Bitsy took on was short-live and a failure: the clothing line, the gluten-free crap, the cookbook, the exercise thingy, etc.  She always talked about really wanting to be a fashion designer and even that failed miserably.

OMG.  That never even occurred to me susieq but I think you have something there.  Of course she's not going to start with a city council seat or school board or anything even statewide where people could get to know her first.    Maybe a run for Congress?  She certainly has the ego for it.  OMG.  I feel sorta sick thinking about it. 

Meredith talked about the "what else are you going to do at your age" comment she received from someone at The View/ABC before she left. She said that it was someone who is no longer in the business... Maybe Geddie, Barbara, or that woman who's pissed at Rosie O'Donnell? Or someone else we don't know. Very sad that you'd hear that at a "woman's show" of all places.

WHAT?!?   Someone at The Spew said that to the only real broadcast journalist at the table, not to mention funny and smart?   I don't know why that would surprise me knowing what this show has dissolved into but that was almost ten years ago.   And she went on to co-host The Today Show, LOL.  Go Meredith!    As for who said it, my money would be on Geddie which would be just like him even though he built an entire career on the back of an eighty-something year old.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2

Guys, this morning on Fox and Friends they talked about yesterday's View where a few of them made fun of Carly Fiorina's appearance (unacceptable but might I point out that Fiorina made fun of Barbara Boxer's hair when she ran against her for the Senate, but I digress.)

Bitsy was outraged, outraged. She declared that she had no tolerance for meanness, and dared the View to have on Fiorina and say it to her face.

I almost choked on my coffee. This from the woman who suggested Erin Andrews' stalker could have just watched her on Dancing with the Stars to get his jollies, and then when the heat was on put on a tearful act invoking her daughter and alluding to an apology that never happened.

So when did this anti-meanness worldview emerge? This morning?

• Love 10

It's the Bitsy we've always known.   The world is divided into "us"  and "them" -  right wing and left wing.   To Bitsy, it's the good guys and the bad guys. The good guys are ALWAYS right, the bad guys are ALWAYS wrong.   This is the woman who criticized everything Obama (or any democrat) ever did, while praising Bush, McCain, Palin, Huckabee, anyone she decided was one of the good guys.  

In Bitsy's world,  women she identifies as liberal can be criticized for their looks, women who are conservative cannot be criticized. 

• Love 3

Yep Elisabeth is all about supporting her team. She will never ever speak against one of her own and she will never say anything good about someone not on her team.  Oh how I wish one day someone would call her out on her hypocrisy.  But I know that is a pipe dream because she is never in unfriendly waters. I would pay good money to see Elisabeth on Rachel Maddow's show. 

Edited by susieq147
  • Love 4

I've switched to watching the first half of Meredith's show. It's called "what's hot now" which of course is hot topics. The panel is respectful and seems to put some real thought into the conversation. It's nothing like The Talk either. I am going to delete the backlog of The View shows on the DVR.

• Love 3

Joy will be on Meredith's show next Friday. Are The View and TMVS both in New York? I was wondering how Joy would get to both, unless she's not moderating The View that day (which would be disappinting).

According to the shows website, Meredith's show tapes Monday-Thursday in Rockefeller Center in NYC.

• Love 1

They say the show is live 5 days a week . But, if Whoopi was on today, I'm guessing it was taped?

I haven't watched it, but wasn't today the Halloween show? Those are usually taped in advance, or at least they have been in more recent years I believe.

• Love 1

http://www.newshounds.us/20151030_elisabeth_hasselbeck_gushes_over_persecuted_christian_coach_s_courage

Bitsy is STILL gushing over the "fight for faith"  of the brave hero football coach who is defending the constitution by refusing to back down from praying on the football field with his team.  She really pushes him to say that he will face getting fired in order to defend his right to pray.  Because, not gathering the team together to pray would mean he's being forced to hide, and become a "closet Christian".  

sidenote -  the coach was suspended, or banned, or something.   he was not on the field, not allowed to pray with his team.   And the result?   the team won, and is in the play-offs.    I guess God is OK with not forcing Christianity on people. 

• Love 8

What's interesting is that years ago, the Supreme Court held that student-led prayer before public high school football games was unconstitutional. The case wasn't brought by a wild-eyed ACLU atheist that Fox and Bitsy's ilk like to set up as the enemy. It was brought by a Catholic student who wasn't comfortable the evangelical tone of the prayer.

Bitsy and her bunch can't seem to fathom that there are people of faith who do NOT want to participate in group prayer. And the idea that a coach-led prayer is voluntary for the students is a joke. Can you imagine the pressure on the kids to do something the coach clearly wants to do?

• Love 8

http://www.newshounds.us/20151030_elisabeth_hasselbeck_gushes_over_persecuted_christian_coach_s_courage

Bitsy is STILL gushing over the "fight for faith"  of the brave hero football coach who is defending the constitution by refusing to back down from praying on the football field with his team.  She really pushes him to say that he will face getting fired in order to defend his right to pray.  Because, not gathering the team together to pray would mean he's being forced to hide, and become a "closet Christian".  

sidenote -  the coach was suspended, or banned, or something.   he was not on the field, not allowed to pray with his team.   And the result?   the team won, and is in the play-offs.    I guess God is OK with not forcing Christianity on people. 

Her FACE.  The pain of the war on christianity etched on her FACE, lmao….

• Love 6

You know, with Joy going to be on The Meredeith Vieira Show (likely to advertise Late Night Joy), I wonder why Barbara Walters hasn't gone on Meredith's show to advertise her new project. Come to that, I hope Barbara appears on Late Night Joy. I know many here aren't a fan of Barbara, but I've always loved her interaction with Joy. Maybe she's avoiding these shows for the same reason she was annoyed whenever Joy advertised her HLN show on The View?

I really enjoyed the first episode of Late Night Joy.  Is there a thread for it somewhere that I didn't see?

Yeah, it was cute in a "fly on the wall" way.  It actually made me wonder if this was the tone that BaWa was reaching for when she originally constructed The View...relaxed, homey, etc.  (I was at first surprised, and then not so, at how humbly Joy lives.  She's a wise woman in many ways.)

And speaking of BaWa, I see her new show, American Scandals, isn't generating much interest in the Investigation Discovery thread.  I can see why - it's just a rehash of old news for the umpteenth time.  BaWa needs to give it up and completely retire.  Enough already!

• Love 6

Joy owns a home in the Hamptons. Pricey real estate there and that's probably where Joy sinks her money into.

True, but I was referring more to her décor, rather than her real estate holdings.  She's made her home comfortable, rather than glitzy or showy, and it fits her style.  No pretentions.  I'd bet her Hamptons home is done in the same manner...no crystal chandeliers for Joy!  (And while her NYC apartment isn't all glammed up, it probably goes for a pretty penny also - she has some decent roominess there, for a NYC apartment.)

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 3

You're probably right about the chandeliers. Not Joy's style. I'd like to see her kitchen. She has said she likes to cook lasagne and other dishes. She's probably a down to earth Italian mother.

• Love 2

Except she had that damned bowl of lemons and limes that appears in virtually every celebrity kitchen ever.

I like to cook & a lot of my recipes call for lemon or lime juice & I like it fresh so I always have at least five of each (in a bowl) on hand.  (Also adds a citrus scent in your kitchen.)

• Love 2

Me too except they're all wrinkled up because I mean well when I buy them but then I don't use them...

I use either one on salads, particularly baby spinach which, to me, tastes "furry" without a squirt of lemon & lemon zest, along with the other stuff.

I just watched Joy's new show - it was On Demand.

I think I am going to like it and will watch - except- when SS is on.

Good grief - Sherri is such a revisionist. She never really liked Sal and she sure fooled me. And yes she said on the show - she was celibate. She failed to mention they weren't until they decided to get married.

Oh - and now that Sherri is single and babysits Jeffrey she can go out with friends.....like that ever stopped her before.

• Love 1

And did Sherri say she has only acted in comedies before Woodlawn?  Was Precious a comedy?  It's telling that she was talking about Woodlawn opening soon as it's been out for a couple of weeks now.  I guess that episode and perhaps more were recorded some time ago.

• Love 2