Type keyword(s) to search

Golden Girls Alphabet Game

• Start Topic

Netflix would be useful for those lazy rainy days...the type where Sophia is out all day buying a nectarine, and the other girls need something to occupy their time with, in-between eating, gossiping, and making out with pillows...

O is for On-line Shopping. Another useful way to spend time on those rainy days. Plus, you can buy your Secret Santa gifts without leaving the house! Though you'd still have to be wary of scams and cons (just like you would of people dressed like nuns at the mall).

Edited by AndySmith

I think Dorothy would have read at least one Harry Potter book, probably all of them.  But she's the only one.

R is for Red Bull.  Rose would drink it and be up all night making Sperheoven Krispies.  Then the others would have an intervention to get her to quit.

Edited by camom

U is for Uber. I think Sophia would get the most benefit out of this and despite the earlier mention that she wouldn't like video games, I actually think Sophia would be one of the better technology adapters in the house because it would help her get what she wants. One of her friends at the senior center would help keep her skills up-to-date.

W is for the Nintendo Wii. The Girls would have enjoyed being able to play tennis in the comfort of their own home, though it might have been a bit tougher to fake a death during a game of tennis Wii than real tennis.

X is for Xarelto (blood thinner) that likely one of the ladies would be on. If not Sophia, then Rose. Or maybe both. Or Blanche. Dorothy will live forever since she was able to kick Chronic Fatigue Syndrome over 2 episodes.

• Love 1

For G, I couldn't decide whether to go with Western or Sci-fi so here's both.

G is for Gaga. The Girl would would go absolutely Gaga upon learning their co-star in their local playhouse Western production was none other than Mr. Clint Eastwood.

G is for a Galaxy far far away. Which is where they would like to send Rose sometimes, especially when she has too much caffeine.

I is for interplanetary travel.  Rose would sign up in a heartbeat.  Despite her interest in the science and technology, Dorothy would be too afraid to board the craft.  Blanche might go if a man was involved, and "rocketing to Mars," became the new, "yachting to Bimini."

K: in a cross-over episode with Gunsmoke, the girls find themselves at Miss Kitty's saloon where Marshal Dillon mistakes them for harlots and throws them in jail. (Why were they in Dodge City, KS? They were trying to find Minnesota, but, well, Rose.)

P is for the Ponderosa Ranch from Bonanza. Sophia would teach the Cartwright men how to cook real food, Rose would tend to any farm animals there, Blance would flirt with the men, and Dorothy and Ben Cartwright would have instant intially-dislike-but-really-attracted-to chemistry with each other.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, AndySmith said:

P is for the Ponderosa Ranch from Bonanza. Sophia would teach the Cartwright men how to cook real food, Rose would tend to any farm animals there, Blance would flirt with the men, and Dorothy and Ben Cartwright would have instant intially-dislike-but-really-attracted-to chemistry with each other.

Dorothy does seem to have a type, doesn't she?

Edited by legaleagle53
10 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Hey I can see some real match-ups here. Dorothy with Ben as mentioned, Blanche with Little Joe since she loves younger men, Rose with Hoss (they both have hearts of gold) and Sophia with Hop Sing. Perfect! They could've had a crossover show The Golden Girls Rustle Up The Ponderosa Men. Yippee I-O KY!

Q is for the Q Continuum from Star Trek: The Next Generation. Captain Picard saw an episode of Miami Vice and programmed it into the holodeck where he pretended to be Sonny Crockett. Q sends Picard back to the mid-80's where his life is endangered as a real vice cop and he befriends Rose, the ultimate Miami Vice fan.

R is for Robocop. Except, through plot shenanigans, he is somehow reprogrammed as a housekeeper, but still keeping his cold and direct personality, and the Girls somehow end up in possession of him. Hilarity ensues...

S is for Sharknado, which Rose mistakes as a documentary. Panicked, she cashes in her Christmas Club fund for the down payment on a floating shark cage. Only 18 more eaz-ee payments and it's all hers!

• Love 1

Z is for the Zombies Dorothy could kill dead-dead with just a look on The Walking Dead (or...anywhere).

It took 1.5 years to finish that category! Since it's been a while, how about just good old fashioned Golden Girls knowledge?

A is for Aunt Angela who has somehow not seen Sophia in 30 years over a misunderstanding. And has lived in Sicily, then New York, then Sicily again? Aunt Angela is likely a spy.

F is for Fidel Santiago, the old guy Sophia and Blanche fought over.

Blanche: ”I’m going to take a nice hot bath with just enough water to cover my perky bosoms.”

Sophia: “You’re only gonna sit in an inch of water?!”

• Love 1

H is for Heifer, which is the answer to a question in the Cows category Rose was proud to take on Jeopardy (in Dorothy's dream) for $300. She was a Jeopardy champion and *she* didn't get knocked up in high school.