Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Final Countdown

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, Featherhat said:

With EBR not being pictured on set I assume she's either not in the big "funeral" scene and was just filming on indoor sets elsewhere (with SA?) or/and what she looks like is a spoiler. Whatever Pagey is currently guessing or not I don't think we can say she's in one scene or ten. My guess would be closer to one or two, probably the last or 2nd to last if not.

I think canada pap said she was at the funeral scene but she definitely didn't only film one scene and wasn't on set for just one day either. At the very least, it's two days considering she was present the day of the statue unravelling and also shot the next day. I'm also banking on her filming the last scene with SA that bamford was praising (love saved the city? come on) but at this point it's just spec mixed with a rumor I hear and a hint of wishful thinking. 

+ With Kat just officially wrapping today, I'm curious to know if they also didn't make her do the arrow intro as some sort of callback to the s3 finale where Oliver says he saved the city before driving away with Felicity. As a way of officially passing the torch. 

++ Someone on twitter also noticed that Mia's tattoos were gone in the bed scene. Nice catch! 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, CabotCove said:

So 13 November wasnt the last day of shooting then, what were the early goodbyes for lol

It’s weird - KM was still shooting yesterday and Bamford tweeted 5 hours ago that it was an official wrap, so maybe they had to do some pickups. Also, the pap said one of the blanks is “Amell” and the other is “driving.” (Trying to not get my hopes up that the final scene is a post-reset recreation of the S4 finale with Oliver saying “I’m happy” with Felicity by his side and his two kids in the backseat...)

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Trisha said:

It’s weird - KM was still shooting yesterday and Bamford tweeted 5 hours ago that it was an official wrap, so maybe they had to do some pickups. Also, the pap said one of the blanks is “Amell” and the other is “driving.” (Trying to not get my hopes up that the final scene is a post-reset recreation of the S4 finale with Oliver saying “I’m happy” with Felicity by his side and his two kids in the backseat...)

I'm guessing we'll find out later today more about the scenes/pickups/whatever (Ken was also saying he didn't know if SA was filming yet one of the blanks was "Amell," idk. Guessing the person he found out was shooting that made him laugh once Canadagraphs found out was KM tho) with Canadagraphs' blog post, but this irony made me laugh

• Love 1

It's interesting...I assume the scene that Bamford referred to as "Love saved the city" is still the last scene and this is something extra to be slotted in somewhere, that needed this location or to be redone. Unless it's the scene with "logistics" but it doesn't sound like it. KM wrapped late but probably wasn't filming with SA unless he was mistaken about wrapping with all the regulars. 

Still intrigued by Mia's scene with her tattoos gone. I guess it's the reset future but it could also be a "flash sideways" or something. *Please let her have her memories and we don't have to redo becoming GA  except under Canary tutelage.*

• Love 3

I believe this are instagram stories (posted by Fanvid 101 on youtube)...

-- CL: "Double touches on Katie's."

-- CL: "Today is the final day of filming for Arrow. So weird. It's been a crazy ride. Eight years for the show. Seven years for me. Hoo! It's crazy, right, Beez?"

Arrow Stars Say Final Day of Filming 'Snuck Up' on Them, Share Favorite Memories (Exclusive)
By TooFab Staff | November 14, 2019
https://toofab.com/2019/11/14/arrow-wraps-final-episode-rick-golzalez-ben-lewis-exclusive/ 

TooFab caught up with stars Rick Gonzalez (AKA Wild Dog) and Ben Lewis (Oliver's son, Will) at the People's Choice Awards on Sunday night, where they talked about their final moments on set.
"Each day has been pretty, it sneaks up on you," Gonzalez said before he wrapped. "We've been numb to it, but each day has been like, remember, it's coming. I just finished a scene on Friday with Julianna Harkavy and we were in tears. Every scene hasn't been easy. I'm hoping we can ease things with some liquor."

Lewis echoed those feelings, also saying "it really snuck up" on him as well. That being said, he can't wait for fans to see everything they've been working on and how it all wraps up.

"It's a short season, which I think is great creatively. I think all the episodes are really vital and important," he explained. "They're so well written, we've been having so much fun playing them."

"But we started shooting in July and here we are in November and I have one scene left, I feel like where did the time go?" he added. "It's been a great season and I can't wait for everyone to see the final episodes that haven't aired yet."

Also, from the video interview in this article:

-- On what is his favorite memory that he'll take with him after he leaves Arrow, BL: "I think just the relationships, honestly. Uh, such a cliche answer, such a cheesy answer! Um, but truly, I mean, I love, um, particularly my Future Team Arrow that I've gotten to work with, which is Kat McNamara, um, and JoJo Jones, and, uh, Andrea Sixtos, um, and now Charlie Barnett. It's been like such a lovely group of people. I think we all just feel so lucky that's there no problems in the group."

Edited by tv echo

Regarding MG's tweet that the last two words of dialogue are "to you," I wonder if the series will end with an Oliver voiceover of a letter to those left behind (playing over a scene or montage of scenes), with his last words being something like, "For 8 years I tried to save my city and protect those I love. Now it's up to you."

However, TVLine discussed other fan speculation that those final words could be said (1) by Oliver (to Mia, who asks him to whom he's passing the torch), saying, "To you," or (2) by Oliver (to Felicity), saying, "I knew I would find my way back to you."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

I guess it's the reset future but it could also be a "flash sideways" or something. 

LOST!,  yeah wouldnt surprise me if there  is some shenanigans like that. 

It’s weird - KM was still shooting yesterday and Bamford tweeted 5 hours ago that it was an official wrap, so maybe they had to do some pickups.

understandable.

On 11/8/2019 at 7:14 AM, tv echo said:

So now that the show is over he is learning about the value and wisdom in not saying anything?  Where was this book years ago before he dug his heels in over social media fights?

4 hours ago, tv echo said:

Arrow Stars Say Final Day of Filming 'Snuck Up' on Them, Share Favorite Memories (Exclusive)
By TooFab Staff | November 14, 2019
https://toofab.com/2019/11/14/arrow-wraps-final-episode-rick-golzalez-ben-lewis-exclusive/ 

Also, from the video interview in this article:

-- On what is his favorite memory that he'll take with him after he leaves Arrow, BL: "I think just the relationships, honestly. Uh, such a cliche answer, such a cheesy answer! Um, but truly, I mean, I love, um, particularly my Future Team Arrow that I've gotten to work with, which is Kat McNamara, um, and JoJo Jones, and, uh, Andrea Sixtos, um, and now Charlie Barnett. It's been like such a lovely group of people. I think we all just feel so lucky that's there no problems in the group."

Maybe I'm reading into it but IMO you only mention there not being problems in one group of people if there WERE problems in another.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Maybe I'm reading into it but IMO you only mention there not being problems in one group of people if there WERE problems in another.  

Lol I read it that way too. Either that or that or there's past experiences/stories for them where there were problems.

• Love 2

https://canadagraphs.weebly.com/arrow-blog/arrow-season-8-episode-10-major-spoiler-series-finale-set-report-final-shoot

Yesterday I caught Arrow filming in a place fans are somewhat familiar with. Arrow had a rare location shoot for their 10th, and final episode of season 8. THEIR FINAL SEASON. This shoot was in Crab Park in Vancouver.

Of course, this was more than just any ordinary shoot too. This would officially be the LAST day of filming for the 8th, and final season of the show that would launch an entire universe, known as the Arrowverse, and essentially help launch the superhero genre of shows that now populate so many parts of the TV & streaming world.

On this night, I first found the crew back where they were just two nights earlier. In the far corner of Crab Park, a place they had been at other times throughout the past.

For this night, they were doing scenes where the recently unveiled Oliver Queen statue is in Star City. As opposed to that nights shoot, there was little to no cast here on this evenings shoot. The only cast i am 100% certain of is Katherine McNamara was there as Mia Smoak shooting scenes. It SEEMS a guy is with her in the scene. It COULD be Ben Lewis as William Clayton, but in the photos I have of the scene, and my vision make me  unsure of that.

During the evening, I also saw a woman with darker hair, and a dark jacket on set. I am unsure if it is a character, or simply a stand in for Mia. I watched her do enough takes that I felt like they actually were filming scenes of this woman however. But I could not come up with a clear identity if it was.

Later they seemed to shoot a scene where Mia & the man stand near the statue, and are looking in its general direction. A bit later, they shot a scene where just Mia seemed to be in the scene, and she walks toward the statue at a hurried pace.

Shortly after that, a round of applause went out as crews often do when a cast member wraps. It was the end of the night for Katherine (and if any other cast were there, them too). I made an eager effort to go and try to get near the statue to get a pic of it before they took it down, but they were fast. They had the actual statue removed in mere seconds, and if there was any plates on the bottom piece, they too seemed to be removed by the time I made it in there just a few moments later.

As crew were leaving the location I got 1 final autograph ever from someone on an Arrow set, as Katherine McNamara signed for me as she left for the final time.

After the crew wrapped the statue location, they moved out to the street. This was the scenes I was expecting when I went down there that night. But I got a bit more than I expected.

I went there thinking I would see a car leaving or coming into Star City past the "entering/leaving Star City" signs they have used in this location many times. I joked with someone the other day that for a city as large as Star City, they do seem to only have 1 way in & out, as they always use the same road.

They first did a scene with a motorbike being ridden by a darker haired woman. It was not an actor, it was a stunt team driver. But her hair would have been done to depict whoever it was supposed to be. So it sort of limits the choices down to very few. At first i thought maybe Dinah Drake? But then after talking with someone, they suggested maybe Thea Queen? In either case, since there was no scene with an actual actor, and the stunt person never had the helmet off in the shoot, its hard to know certainly who it is.

After that scene was shot, they did one with a Tesla driving up & down the street a couple times. I didnt know when I was shooting it, and only noticed when I got home & saw it on my computer screen. But if you look closely, the license plate looks futuristic..... so is this a scene for "future Star City"?

They did a few takes of this car driving up & down the street, before director James Bamford, and the cast & crew of Arrow officially, WRAPPED (sorry Marc Guggenheim that no one told you when it actually was wrapping).

There was 1 constant throughout the two scenes that I guess I sort of didnt really point out, and it is frankly why I titled this whole blog as "major spoiler". They drive by a street sign. That sign reads "Oliver Queen Memorial Drive". Unlike the statue, the signed stayed up for about 5 minutes after they wrapped, so I was able to gee a couple photos of it, before a crew member went across the street, pulled it down and started disassembling it.... and just like that, there was evidence they had even filmed a scene with that sign there.

When I have a bit of time, I will work on a wrap up blog post about the entire filming of the show from my first encounter with them during episode 2 of season 1, to this very final night of filming.

EJcI6HOXYAAxG1h?format=jpg&name=small

If that set report is accurate it sounds like the scene might be of William and Mia back in 2040 (after wrapping everyone in the present) in the future at the statue. My bet is the sequence will have a voice over from Ollie (hey, parallels to the early s1 voice overs) in the form of a letter to them that's passing the torch.

My hunch is if there is a paradise dimension ending for Ollie and Felicity it will precede the William and Mia statue sequence just because as nice as the Olicity happy ending would be the passing of the torch is more important to establishing their lasting legacy in the form of their kids who are taking on their mission.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

According to MG, last night was pickups for 809 and not the finale

Well that also makes some sense since it's the Backdoor pilot with Mia and William. Maybe where they discuss taking over Dad's mantle as GA? Really hope BL is in the spin off proper.

8x06 is "reset" always so many potential ways that title can be taken these days. Maybe Quentin is used like the hallucination/ghost Tommy has been used: to get Laurel back on the right path away from temptation. Not that he's actually been resurrected or only semi resurrected until Siren undoes everything again.  

Edited by Featherhat
17 hours ago, RS3 said:

I think canada pap said she was at the funeral scene but she definitely didn't only film one scene and wasn't on set for just one day either. At the very least, it's two days considering she was present the day of the statue unravelling and also shot the next day. I'm also banking on her filming the last scene with SA that bamford was praising (love saved the city? come on) but at this point it's just spec mixed with a rumor I hear and a hint of wishful thinking. 

+ With Kat just officially wrapping today, I'm curious to know if they also didn't make her do the arrow intro as some sort of callback to the s3 finale where Oliver says he saved the city before driving away with Felicity. As a way of officially passing the torch. 

++ Someone on twitter also noticed that Mia's tattoos were gone in the bed scene. Nice catch! 

I'm gonna hold on to my "shes a Socialite by Day, Vilgante by Night" theory after the Reset ala Batman lol

14 hours ago, Trisha said:

You mean the Season 3 finale lol and now that you mention it that would be an awesome finale scene! 

• Love 1

My hunch is if there is a paradise dimension ending for Ollie and Felicity it will precede the William and Mia statue sequence just because as nice as the Olicity happy ending would be the passing of the torch is more important to establishing their lasting legacy in the form of their kids who are taking on their mission.

I dont think he needed to die to establish his legacy in his kids, the COIE death is set up as a major way for Oliver to go and because Stephen Amell is done, but the Arrowverse universe is still continuing. This is a way to remove him from the ongoing universe and close Arrow's story, at the same time.  Just my point of view.

Yeah this scene with Mia and Will at GA statue, pretty much reaffirms some more, that Oliver is no more. 

Edited by CabotCove
21 minutes ago, CabotCove said:

I dont think he needed to die to transfer his legacy to his kids, the COIE death is set up as a major way for Oliver to go and because Stephen Amell is done, but the Arrowverse universe is still continuing. This is a way to remove him from the ongoing universe and close Arrow's story, at the same time.  Just my point of view.

Yeah this scene with Mia and Will at GA statue, pretty much reaffirms some more, that Oliver is no more. 

The death in COIE is a red herring, i have watched enough TV to know it. Its quite obvious with how they setting up the promos.

Also it was confirmed by Guggenheim that the scene of Kat and Ben at the statue is not from the series finale but the backdoor pilot. 

I believe these DR instagram stories are from Nov. 13...

David Ramsey em seu último dia de gravação em Arrow - Legendado
Máfia Olicity  Nov. 14, 2019

-- DR: "Last day on Arrow. Last day going to Vancouver Film Studios to shoot on Stage A1, A2 and B1. It's been incredible. Words kind of - kind of, uh, don't really express. It's been a highlight of my career. One of the major highlights of my life. What can I say? Like, thanks to all you guys and get ready for a lot of tears today and a lot of joy, a lot of mixture, mixed-up stuff. But more than anything else, gratitude. I am very grateful. So, thanks. See you soon."

-- DR: "To B1, Stage B1. That's where our bunker is. And, um, this is one of the last scenes. Two more scenes we're shooting on this set. This is one of the last ones. So, um, I'm feeling a bit emotional right now. But here we go."

-- DR: "Guys, I'm going to ADR... Sometimes on set, with shows like Arrow or shows that shoot up here in Vancouver, Flash, other shows, we will obviously have time to go down to L.A. to do ADR. And ADR is basically when there might be a scene where a line is off with some background noise so you can't hear us as actors for whatever reason. So we come in here, a place like this, In the Loop Mobile ADR, and shoot the lines, we shoot the scene so you guys can understand what's happening on television. And, um, it's my last time doing it for Arrow. So, I'd take you in, but it's a soundproof room. See ya!"

-- DR: "Okay. One more scene. One more setup. One more scene, and an era has ended."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Also it was confirmed by Guggenheim that the scene of Kat and Ben at the statue is not from the series finale but the backdoor pilot.

It doesnt matter either way, to me its telling.

Gonna have to agree to disagree.

14 hours ago, CabotCove said:

TV shows survive on tension and surprising the audience. When a show tells you what’s going to happen MONTHS in advance and then keeps reminding you of that outcome, it’s a good bet that’s not actually gonna be the outcome. 

• Love 4

If EBR has her regular hair still red (which we know from the wrap party pic) then do you think that ups the odds of her return to be as older Felicity since they'd have had to do a wig for her anyway or would they just plop another wig on young Felicity?  My first instincts was Older Felicity but they do love their wigs for all occasions.  

• Love 1

Could LMG's Princess Bride quote be a reference to Oliver? Also, here's some Arrow-specific comments from this interview...

Crisis on Infinite Earths' LaMonica Garrett Introduces the Anti-Monitor
by Meagan Damore – on Nov 16, 2019 
https://www.cbr.com/crisis-infinite-earths-lamonica-garrett-anti-monitor-interview/ 

How definitive is the ending to "Crisis on Infinite Earths?" Is it a closed book, with all the loose ends tied up, or is there a hint at what might happen in next year’s crossover?
[Garrett:] I think, with comic books period, it's always open-ended. Nothing's ever definitive. Even back in the day, like when Doomsday killed Superman, but then he came back. So, you know, stuff happens. I don't want to give too much away with the crossover. But, you know, in the comic book world... Like I was joking around with one of the producers, and we're talking about The Princess Bride and there was a scene in The Princess Bride where it's like, "Is he a little dead or is he all the way dead?" Billy Crystal's character. To me, that's the comic book world: "Is he dead, or is he just a little dead? Which 'dead' is he?" So, you know, we'll see what happens, but I think the writers are creative, and that's the base of it.
In a recent episode of Arrow, we found out the Monitor has been secretly working with Lyla Michaels. How soon will we learn more about that?
I think, each episode, they're gonna unpeel layers and layers of that onion as it goes along and as "Crisis" begins, and that was one of my favorite things. When I read the scripts, I'm reading it as the actor, like, "Alright, what's going on? What do I have to do?" But I'm also reading it as a fan. And when I first read... that she gets out of her car and she's walking, and then she meets with the Monitor, it blew my mind, like, "Yes!" Because Lyla -- the name, they've had her around since Season 1 or 2 -- they've been laying breadcrumbs for years in the whole Arrowverse, and having that moment culminate with -- you know Lyla Michaels, just the significance of who she is and who she turns into -- seeing them meet together, that was great for me. It was a great payoff. They're going to dig more and more into that as each episode goes along, and especially when "Crisis" starts.

What is their dynamic like?
In the comic book, it was more of a father/daughter kind of thing, like he raised her. With the show, it's hard to adapt everything from the comic book directly as it was, just because it's just not. It's too hard to do, especially in television. It's going to be a unique relationship, but it's going to be one that you can tell that they've been together for a while. This isn't something that just -- how he came to Oliver and how he came to Flash and just started telling them what to do, it wasn't one of those kind of relationships. They have history, and I think that's the fun part of watching it is to see how the history started with them and how deep it is. That's going to be something I think audiences will really like. You'll see a different side of both characters.

How does the Monitor's relationship with Oliver continue to evolve?
I think it's natural that Oliver is questioning the Monitor, especially seeing certain things happen. You know, all these Earths are [being] destroyed and you're behind it and you're trying to tell me we're doing something for a greater good? At some point, any person would be like, "I don't know if I'm doing the right thing." Then, when you have that voice in your ear of the people that are close to you, like a Diggle telling you like, "No, we shouldn't be doing this."

But I think that's what drama is. That's what makes this fun. That's what brings the friction to each scene and each encounter between Oliver and the Monitor gets heightened and heightened because of it. There's stuff coming up... that's really gonna make him question his relationship with the Monitor and you can only imagine what's going to happen the next time they see each other, like anger, but that's what makes it fun.

Edited by tv echo

Exclusive Interview: Pop-Culturalist Chats with Hawaii Five-0’s Katrina Law
Kevin   November 15, 2019
http://pop-culturalist.com/exclusive-interview-pop-culturalist-chats-with-hawaii-five-0s-katrina-law/ 

P-C: Fans will recognize you from your role on Arrow. What’s been the transition like going from Arrow to Hawaii Five-0?
Katrina:
Well, the costumes are a lot more modern-day. [laughs] This has been one of my favorite characters to play. I’ve absolutely loved my ride on Arrow and Nyssa has been a delight and a surprise every single time that she’s popped up in the Arrowverse. Nyssa sees the world through a very specific lens. As she’s gotten to know Oliver and has hung out with the Lance sisters, she started to soften over the years and become more well-rounded as a human, but she’s been pretty skewed in one direction. Quinn is more sympathetic as a human and more open to the possibilities of what humans are capable of and then also feel for them.

P-C: I have to ask or the Arrow fans will kill me, is there any chance we’ll see you reprise your role in the final season?
Katrina:
Spoiler alert! Can’t tell you. Nice try, though. [laughs]

Edited by tv echo

So, one thing I’m wondering about in relation to the backdoor pilot stuff is how Smoaktech is going to factor into things.

Provided we still get the Ollie is “dead” and c. 2040 Felicity disappears into the paradise dimension... wouldn’t that basically put all of Felicity’s Smoaktech shares (if its even publicly traded) into Mia’s (or Mia and William’s) hands?

I am having a bear of a time trying to figure out how the backdoor pilot is supposed to work if it’s set in 2040. Without time travel, Dinah and Laurel would have to be in their 50s, bit if they DOntime travel to the future for the back door pilot how does that work in relation to the statue unveiling?

Did Laurel and Dinah fall into a vat of anti-aging cream due to the Crisis so they still look 30 in 2040?

I know the Crisis crossover will probably sort things out, but right now the pieces just don’t quite fit right with me.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Chris24601 said:

Provided we still get the Ollie is “dead” and c. 2040 Felicity disappears into the paradise dimension... wouldn’t that basically put all of Felicity’s Smoaktech shares (if its even publicly traded) into Mia’s (or Mia and William’s) hands?

I am having a bear of a time trying to figure out how the backdoor pilot is supposed to work if it’s set in 2040. Without time travel, Dinah and Laurel would have to be in their 50s, bit if they DOntime travel to the future for the back door pilot how does that work in relation to the statue unveiling?

Felicity did everything she could to erase Mia from the system so she couldn't give her shares to someone who doesn't exist, especially because future Felicity is technically a fugitive. Her shares of the money and the company would probably have had to go through William. But Felicity trained Mia all her life so she could defend herself against the ninth circle and grown up Mia can, if that sect still exists in the future. 

I first thought they would bring present day Laurel and Dinah in the future since 50 year old Dinah is a fugitive. So they can just keep all of them in the same timeline and forget about the older versions, because they were in hiding. It didn't make complete sense but it's still pretty much Arrow. 

It's all a moot point now that we know about

Spoiler

Oliver's statue and the city recognizing Oliver as a hero and not a criminal, therefore vigilantes aren't hunted anymore..

But now that they won't have to stay in hiding, they're gonna have to kill/retcon out the old versions so the present day versions coud stay in the future. If the pieces don't fit right, it's because they were added to the bag after the puzzle was done. 😬