Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Final Countdown

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Trisha said:

It wouldn't make since to resent the flashforwards before the crossover...right? (She asks hopefully...)

It briefly flashed through my mind that they mind do something annoying like reset the entire universe for some reason so that some crucial things are different with no explanation needed, which always frustrates me (especially if I liked those things). However I think that's more likely (almost certain) during/after Crisis than 2 episodes before it. Unless Oliver's experiencing a dream world like the 100th or a "time loop" ep (that would be pushing it for Arrow I think). 

If the FFs specifically get reset I think that would be after COIE as well with 2 eps of fallout afterwards. I don't think they'd let their Baby Team Arrow go after only 6 eps even if there's no intention of a potential spin off. 

I'm almost certainly overthinking things and it's not a huge deal. It's a fairly common ep title anyway and Arrow's titles can get pretty generic to what the episode actually deals with. 

And we don't know which of potentially three storylines it actually deals with, though the Funko Pops seem to be more FFs than Oliver and Dig, they could be SC19. Should be interesting to keep an eye on guest stars for though. 

Edited by Featherhat
toned down grammar abuse
  • Love 1

Byron Mann To Recur In Hulu’s ‘Little Fires Everywhere’; Returning To ‘Arrow’ For Final Season
By Denise Petski  September 6, 2019
https://deadline.com/2019/09/byron-mann-recur-little-fires-everywhere-returning-arrow-final-season-1202713441/

Additionally, Mann will be returning to The CW’s Arrow for its upcoming eighth and final season as Yao Fei, a character he portrayed during season one.

Arrow Season One Character Returning For Final Season
By BRANDON DAVIS - September 6, 2019
https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/09/06/arrow-final-season-character-return-yao-fei/ 

In its final season, Arrow will be bringing back a character who played a key role in Oliver Queen's earliest days on the CW series. Yao Fei Gulong, the master archer introduced on Lian Yu will be making a comeback in the final episodes, with Byron Mann reprising the role.

Edited by tv echo

The Flash's Candice Patton Says Oliver Queen's Death Will Be Devastating
By AARON PERINE - September 6, 2019 
https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/09/07/the-flashs-candice-patton-says-oliver-queens-death-will-be-devastating/

Season 6 of The Flash is almost here, and fans can't wait for the show to start up this fall. Candice Patton plays Iris West on the series, and she's happy to be back with Team Flash. But, things are going to get darker this season in the Arrowverse. Oliver Queen and Arrow started it all at the CW, but the character's time is growing short. The final season of that show is here as well, and the main character sounds like he won't be making it out alright. Patton told Comicbook.com her reaction to Oliver Queen's demise.

"He's so beloved in all of these cities and by all of these superheroes. I think its going to be devastating. I mean, it's Oliver Queen. You can't replace Oliver Queen, you just can't," She said.

The loss of Stephen Amell's character wasn't the only thing Patton talked about in the interview. She also had a lot to say about how influential Arrow was during its run. The Flash star mentioned that Oliver Queen's adventures on The CW paved the way for the storytelling that they're doing now on their show. For her, there is a reason it is called the Arrowverse. The legacy Arrow left is something to be proud of, and the remaining shows are going to send the cast off right.

"It’s really weird, I didn’t notice that until someone said it earlier. We’re the senior class now, it’s crazy," Patton explained. "You have to give credit to Arrow, they’re the ones who started this. This show, this cast, these producers. They laid the groundwork for what makes these shows successful and we followed the template. We did our own thing, but they really figured out, through trial and error, what makes a show last for eight seasons. We owe them a lot for giving us a pathway to be successful."

Edited by tv echo
On 9/6/2019 at 8:08 AM, tv echo said:

Unless he made a mistake in his tweet, it sounds like SA is going appear in only 9 of the 10 episodes of Arrow's final season. So which episode will he miss?

When he wrapped 802, he said: "That's 2 down, 8 to go." When he wrapped 803, he said: "3 down. 7 to go. #Arrow."

So this is the first time, it hasn't added up to 10. I wonder if he recently found out that he would be missing one episode. Maybe 809?

Edited by tv echo

Either he got his math wrong, he's counting 9 and 10 as a single episode (maybe they'll be filmed as such?), or this is a hint that he won't be filming anything new for 9 and the Oliver content may be old or unused footage.

I'm inclined to think his math is wrong personally.

1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Maybe he decided to stop counting Crisis since that’s technically 5 episodes and he’s only counting Arrow-only episodes?

I'm going with that one. SA's the only actor who's been in every episode, no way they are sitting him out.

• Love 1
On 9/7/2019 at 7:16 AM, tv echo said:

Patton told Comicbook.com her reaction to Oliver Queen's demise.

"He's so beloved in all of these cities and by all of these superheroes. I think its going to be devastating. I mean, it's Oliver Queen. You can't replace Oliver Queen, you just can't," She said.

Is this a real spoiler or is she spinning the p.r. line?  I need to prepare myself.

14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Is this a real spoiler or is she spinning the p.r. line?  I need to prepare myself.

He'll see Felicity in paradise! It's all good!

Seems to be a trend these days the long seperations.

My Chinese series pregnant heroine had to seal hubs into a tomb with the baddie and raise her daughter alone for 300 years before seeing him again (also note heroine died tragically in their 2 previous lifetimes together).

It's like they passed around a writing memo this year 😂

• LOL 2
25 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It's an interview from Comic Con, before the scripts were even done. She was just giving her opinion on what the effect will be. It's not a spoiler at all.

• Useful 1

This is not a brand new spoiler, but it's a recently posted SA video interview in which he uses similar but not identical words to convey the same Olicity information (instead of "ever-present," he uses the word "forefront")...

Stephen Amell Says Felicity Is at Forefront of Oliver's Mind [VIDEO]
Posted on September 9, 2019
https://www.eonline.com/videos/295111/stephen-amell-says-felicity-is-at-forefront-of-oliver-s-mind

-- SA: "I don't want to spend 10 episodes moping around. Right? ... What I've done for my character is, I've said to myself, okay, she looked at me and she said, 'whatever happens, wherever you go, I'll find you.' ... And I believe her. That's the motivation for my character... That being said, it's incredibly sad. We shot a really cool scene in episode 2 where - I can't wear my wedding ring in episode 1 for a specific reason, and - so in episode 2, it wasn't scripted, but, um, we did a little specialty shot where he puts it back on, thinks about 'em, so she's certainly in the forefront of his mind."

Edited by tv echo
31 minutes ago, Trini said:

CW has this labeled as Black Siren, but this is actually the Black Canary of this particular reality, right?

No idea what the reality/earth/whatever is since 801 didn't come out yet, but KC plays BS and JH plays the Black Canary during s7, so CW is probably going off of that, along with KC and DR hinting that it's their normal characters who team up with Oliver in 801.

Edited by way2interested
5 minutes ago, way2interested said:

No idea what the reality/earth/whatever is since 801 didn't come out yet, but KC plays BS and JH plays the Black Canary during s7, so CW is probably going off of that, along with KC and DR hinting that it's their normal characters who team up with Oliver in 801.

Plus it would confuse audience and characters alike to have both Dinah and Black Siren going by Black Canary. Better to keep Black Siren's name as is and just say she's a member of the Canary Network once Dinah has it up and running.

I do hope hey have her still going by Black Siren on Earth 2 rather than just taking the Black Canary name. Keeping the former allows her to demonstrate to the general public that she's trying to atone for her crimes whereas taking on Black Canary, in addition to just being a continuation of her stealing Laurel's life, would be just another mask since there's no indication that the Earth 2 general public knows her identity. Which I'm sure means that she's running around telling everyone that she's Black Canary with no mention of her criminal past and hoping no survivors of Zoom's reign of terror notice that his top henchlady looks a lot like this new vigilante with the exact same powers.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Trini said:

EEHtBkVUcAEqzmm.jpg

CW has this labeled as Black Siren, but this is actually the Black Canary of this particular reality, right?

The people who write/act in the show can't even keep it straight. We have 2 concept arts, 1 that says Black Siren, 1 that says Black Canary. KC calls herself Black Canary and Black Siren, MG calls her Black Siren but maayyybeee Black Canary lol. At least the suit is on point.

• Love 1

Eh, both Susanna and Colin came back so many times (granted Colin more than Susanna) that it doesn't hold the same gravitas anymore. It's always the same conversations: "I miss you" "I'm sorry" "You're always with me" "I'm proud of you". Seeing Walter again, now that's never been before. 

Edited by RS3
Typo
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, RS3 said:

Eh, both Susanna and Colin came back so many times (granted Colin more than Susanna) that it doesn't hold the same gravitas anymore. It's always the same conversations: "I miss you" "I'm sorry" "You're always with me" "I'm proud of you". Seeing Walter again, now that's never been before. 

Yeah, they really cant think of anything else for her to do outside of that. At least Colin seems to be able to do something new. 

Apparently they put Oliver in the same clothing from an episode in S1. Looks totally identical, he was so young back then!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Yeah, they really cant think of anything else for her to do outside of that. At least Colin seems to be able to do something new. 

Which is a shame because Moira was at her most interesting self (imo) when she was manipulative and cunning because she loves her children fiercely. When she shares those sentimental saccarine scenes with Oliver like in the 100th ep, it hides her complexity. I hope they won't do it again. 

This is a shot in the dark but I'm hoping she realizes that's not her Oliver by the end of the episode. Maybe they can finally have an honest conversation and earth-whatever Moira can also get closure knowing at least one version of Oliver got to come home and build a life and a family like she had wanted for him. That would be a refreshing twist.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I think it's safe to assume that Dinah/Rene are also doppelgangers? 

And with KC having short hair, why would you try to put that kind of wave curl in it? Is that really the only style TheCW knows?

Ugh, I hate the wave.  I hated when they tried to do it with Willa Holland as well. I think I'm in the minority (I like the cut a lot on her) but I think the styling is off.

• Love 2

Stephen Amell & David Ramsey Talk What's Next for "Arrow" | E! Red Carpet & Award Shows
Published on Sep 10, 2019, by E! Red Carpet & Award Shows

-- SA: "Oliver's out of space and time. Normally we do, like, six months. Normally we let May until October pass. It's weird, nothing bad in Star City ever happens in the month of June. You know what I mean, but why? ... My guess would be, like, four or five weeks have passed and, uh, Oliver starts the season in Starling City."

-- SA: "I feel like every episode's kind of an event, you know? Um, Mark Pedowitz and Peter Roth, um, you know, they've given us a really tremendous opportunity to take 10 episodes and really try and service the people, you know, that have been been with us since the jump... I mean, you know, it's the same, it's the same crew, it's the same sets and stuff like that, but, I don't know, um, it feels less serialized and obviously there's a through-line for - thus far for - for Oliver and Diggle and Laurel."

-- DR: "I think Diggle's position is as it always is, which is, here's the challenge, we'll face it. And whether that's local thugs or cosmic beings, it's still the same position for John Diggle. Like, we can get through this. Um, that's going to prove challenging obviously with Crisis On Infinite Earths and the crossover, which - which, by the way, every single episode is gearing up for. Like, that's kind of - um, we're all at a race in very episode up to that crossover. ... I almost don't know what's going to happen in 9 and 10. I don't really. I know a little bit of 10. But it's almost like that's our ultimate episode, right? Because we're all - one through seven's gearing up to 8."

-- SA: "The crossover officially starts in episode 8. Officially. But, as far as I'm concerned, for us, like thematically, it starts in episode 1. It started in episode 722 now and continues in 801."

-- SA: "I play two characters again. That's exciting. The other character's not a Nazi this time."

-- DR: "Questions will be answered. Is Oliver dead, really? Is Felicity and Oli - are Felicity and Oliver together? Is John Diggle Green Lantern? Are John Diggle and Lyla Michaels, who's the head of ARGUS, what's their relationship? What's going on with Oliver's sister? ... These are great questions, and they'll all be answered in Season 8 of Arrow."

Edited by tv echo

ETA: ETonline subsequently corrected their article as marked below.

The more I read about the final season, the less enthused I become...

'Arrow' Boss Says It's 'Surreal' Writing Series Finale: 'There's Going to Be a Lot of Tears' (Exclusive)
By Philiana Ng‍ 10:00 AM PDT, September 11, 2019
https://www.etonline.com/arrow-boss-on-series-finale-theres-going-to-be-a-lot-of-tears-exclusive

arrow_s8_etbug_exclusive.png?itok=9_x2KS*  *  *
While Arrow's farewell season doesn't officially kick off for another month, the writers have already begun working on the final episode of the series -- and the reality that the end is near is starting to hit home.

"In the [writers'] room [Monday], we started working on the series finale so it felt very real," showrunner Beth Schwartz confessed to ET, which exclusively debuts a new photo featuring members of original Team Arrow the original Arrow cast, Oliver (Stephen Amell), Diggle (David Ramsey) and Laurel (Katie Cassidy Rodgers), all suited up and ready for battle. "I couldn't believe it. Just saying it, it felt a little bit surreal. Towards the end of every season, we start breaking what's happening next season and this year, there isn't a next season. It feels very strange."

Unlike previous seasons, the CW superhero drama only has 10 episodes to wrap up its eight-year run and Schwartz shared that she and the other producers are treating these final 10 episodes like a "greatest hits" album. Though they've "always had a plan for the series finale," Schwartz revealed that the plan for the series' swan song has evolved since this season started.

"Now that it's here, we're obviously going to add more things that did evolve from this season specifically," she said, adding that she and fellow executive producer Marc Guggenheim haven't shifted on "where we wanted to end it."
"This season is definitely a reflection of all the previous seasons," Schwartz said. "The premiere is very nostalgic of the pilot and of season one, visiting those sets, like Queen mansion, that we all love and we all have [people] we've tried to bring back a few times -- those characters that were really there from the very beginning and helped to create this series and what made it so successful."

Crafting those pivotal final scenes with characters like Moira and Tommy didn't prove challenging for the writers, Schwartz promised. Instead, they provided new opportunities to these key characters -- many of whom died valiant deaths over the course of the series -- proper goodbyes.

Other familiar faces popping in for one last go include Adrian Chase (Josh Segarra), Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman), Tatsu Yamashiro (Rila Fukushima) and Yao Fei Gulong (Byron Mann). 

"It felt nostalgic and kind of perfect for the end of the series to have these final scenes with these characters we haven't seen in a while. It felt right that this is how we should end the season and it was fun to write for Moira again and to write for Tommy and all the characters we wrote for eight years ago," she said. "It felt natural."
Schwartz revealed that there is one other thing that will be different this season on Arrow: There will be a new introduction voiced by Amell for the show's final run. "Yes, we will have a new one this season," she said. "We had a new one last season and there will be a new one this year as well. It's the last one."

Production is past the midway point on the final season, a fact Schwartz still hasn't quite wrapped her head around.

"It definitely feels like this is the right time for the series to end, but I feel like it's not going to feel quite real until that last script of the finale comes out. And then I feel like there's going to be a lot of tears," she admitted. "I'm sure it'll be the same thing on the last day of filming on set. That's when it's going to feel even more real when we're actually going through it."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, way2interested said:

Lol they fixed the description of the pic after Twitter yelled at them for it

?? What’d I miss?

Edit: Never mind. Didn’t read the article above. Wow, that’s a stupid mistake to make. 

Edited by insomniadreams88

ET replaced "original Team Arrow" with "the original Arrow cast"...
https://www.etonline.com/arrow-boss-on-series-finale-theres-going-to-be-a-lot-of-tears-exclusive

"In the [writers'] room [Monday], we started working on the series finale so it felt very real," showrunner Beth Schwartz confessed to ET, which exclusively debuts a new photo featuring members of the original Arrow cast, Oliver (Stephen Amell), Diggle (David Ramsey) and Laurel (Katie Cassidy Rodgers), all suited up and ready for battle. "I couldn't believe it. Just saying it, it felt a little bit surreal. Towards the end of every season, we start breaking what's happening next season and this year, there isn't a next season. It feels very strange."

Edited by tv echo

Arrow stars Stephen Amell, David Ramsey drop clues about final season
https://ew.com/tv/2019/09/13/arrow-stephen-amell-season-8-preview-diggle-laurel-oliver/
By Chancellor Agard 

It sounds like Laurel/BS will be joining Oliver and Diggle on their mission -- at least for the first few episodes:

Joining Oliver and Diggle on the road is Earth-2’s Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy Rodgers), the Black Canary and former Black Siren who went from villain to ally in the CW drama’s seventh season. “Their dynamic is incredible,” Ramsey says. “A good chunk of what we’re doing will be with the three of them in a way that they haven’t been before.”

“I’ve loved our scenes in the first two episodes,” says Amell. “I thought it was important at the end of season 7, us shaking hands and Oliver saying thank you. It was scripted to the group, but I wanted to make sure, going into season 8, that it was actually to her and that they shook hands, because as character I purposefully never called her Laurel until that moment. So her being the mix this year, it’s been a lot of fun. I think she’s nailing it.”

In the video that accompanies the article, SA mentions that the Monitor will put him through some sort of "test" in episode 7 before the crossover.

Edited by Trisha
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Trisha said:

It sounds like Laurel/BS will be joining Oliver and Diggle on their mission -- at least for the first few episodes

Yeah, hard pass for me. The trend of interchangeable female characters is alive and well. 

1 hour ago, Trisha said:

In the video that accompanies the article, SA mentions that the Monitor will put him through some sort of "test" in episode 7 before the crossover.

Thanks for the info! I bet it involves Mia & William. 

• Love 3

Yeah, I’m not particularly looking forward to more than a couple scenes of Oliver, Diggle, and Laurel (and only partly because of the reaction that’s guaranteed to get from some fans). That dynamic just doesn’t interest me. I also doubt there will be a decent in-story reason for Laurel joining them if it’s not just on Earth-2. 

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

That's disappointing. I liked how she directed 622, which was really action-heavy.

Yeah, it's like how Antonio was supposed to direct 414 but had to drop out right before then too. Like, I get once it gets close it's easier to just use Bamford, but I still miss the director that was supposed to be there (especially, yeah, I liked 622, and I liked what she did in 720 as well).

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Trisha said:

Arrow stars Stephen Amell, David Ramsey drop clues about final season
https://ew.com/tv/2019/09/13/arrow-stephen-amell-season-8-preview-diggle-laurel-oliver/
By Chancellor Agard 

It sounds like Laurel/BS will be joining Oliver and Diggle on their mission -- at least for the first few episodes:

Transcribed from the video in this article...

-- SA: "When we're doing 22 episodes or 23 episodes, as we did for the first six years, we're very serialized, you know. And obviously there's a - there's a throughline for this year, but every episode feels unique. Episode 1 is like Season 1. Episode 2 is about a very specific part of Season 3... Every episode feels like an event."

-- DR: "Diggle is, as he should be, at Oliver's side. That's how we begin this season. And ultimately that's how we end it."

-- DR: "It's the three of them. Oliver, Laurel and Diggle. A good chunk of what we're doing will be with the three of them, um, in a way that they haven't been before."

-- SA: "I don't know what the test is per se. I think the biggest thing is, is just him believing Felicity when she says, ‘Whatever happens, whatever happens to you, I’ll find you.’ That’s his guiding light."

-- DR: "We had our first day on the set and we're in the same area where Felicity usually is, and it was just a noticeable absence."

-- SA: "He might face a test, apparently in episode 7, which is our last episode before the crossover."

-- SA: "This final season is more about resolve."

-- DR: "I think there's something in the Monitor that - that brings this Crisis that hasn't happened before. It's a five-show crossover. All these shows are kinda gonna to be together. And I'm a geek. I'm a - I'm a fan of the show. I remember growing up and wanting to see the Bionic Woman team up with the Six Million Dollar Man, you know what I mean? And now we have like a five or six show - it's a crazy amount of characters. Logistically, we're going to approach it the same way we approach every single crossover, which is gonna be, 'there is no way this is gonna happen,' and then it happens, we watch it and go, 'wow, look what we just did.' So I'm looking forward to that."

Edited by tv echo

If you're freaked out about these latest comments from SA and DR, here's a new Watchover podcast from Jen (jbuffyangel) and Calli, in which they talk about the latest spoilers and speculate about what's coming in S8. I don't know if they'll prove to be right or wrong, but they're always interesting to listen to (although I find Jen's voice often abrasively loud)...

Watchover Ep 49 - Looking Ahead at Season 8
September 13, 2019
https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/watchover-with-jen-and-calli/e/63892487?autoplay=true

Edited by tv echo
10 hours ago, tv echo said:

(although I find Jen's voice often abrasively loud).

I really need someone to tell her to pull away from the mic when screaming. I liked the episodes I heard but couldn’t continue with it because she kept blowing out my headphones. 

In other news, this is cute:

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, way2interested said:

BL continues with having the best tweets.

Maya and him should handle all of the show's social media accounts from now on. His live-tweets are hilarious.

• Love 2