Type keyword(s) to search

B99 In The News

• Start Topic

Wow, those were a lot of shots of Jake and Amy making out. I'm assuming it's for whatever this undercover assignment is about. Really curious as to if one or both gets a little TOO into it.

(edited)

Fox did a bunch of promos quizzing the cast members on different police codes. There are a bunch so I'm putting them under the spoiler cut just so the post doesn't take forever to load, but no actual spoilers.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Hee! Check out Andy Samberg sporting the Andre Agassi hair in this upcoming HBO mockumentary 7 Days in Hell.

I'm really looking forward to this. It looks so silly, but I know Andy Samberg can do silly. I'm intrigued to see how Kit Harington does. I didn't realise that real life tennis stars were doing talking heads segments for it, though. Makes it even better.

Kyra Sedgwick talks about working with Andre Braugher.

The most fun thing I got to do was anything to do with Andre Braugher. Whether it was showing up to his house in a trench coat and lingerie — by the way I wanted to be wearing nothing underneath, but Fox wouldn’t go for it — to when I grabbed him and kissed him in a different episode, that was great.

This is also perceptive:

If someone had never seen “Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” what would you say to persuade them to watch it?

I was a huge “Barney Miller” fan. So, to me it’s got the essence of “Barney Miller” with a little of “Airplane!” sprinkled in. That’s how I’d describe it.

• Love 5

Whelp, Andre Braugher got another Emmy nomination at least, but that was pretty much the only big award the show got.  The show just isn't getting much love on that front.  Even though I love Andre, I'm sure even a lot of that is because he is a known actor in the industry.  Still, I'm happy for him.

The show definitely should have had a nomination. I really think Terry Crews should have had one too. And hell, while I'm at it, I can't think of many better leading performances than Andy Samberg's, or many funnier women than Melissa Fumero, this past year.

But awards are more of a congratulatory love-in, than anything else. Modern Family keeps getting awards, despite being pretty dire for about three years now.

• Love 3

Hopefully this is finally the year, Modern Family, gets beaten. I watch Modern Family, and enjoy it, but it's been surpassed the past couple of years. I'm disappointed B99 isn't one of the shows that will have a shot. Certainly one of the best comedies in my opinion. Though I don't watch Transparent, which I've heard has been very good.

For my money. I'd put every other show in the Emmy category above MF this year, and would toss in B99 and the Goldbergs as well.

• Love 1

Wow, it would be fantastic if Andre won. I love Tony Hale in Veep, but heck he got his already. Keegan-Michael Key is also great. I haven't watched The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt yet, so I can't say anything about Tituss Burgess. I like Adam Driver and Ty Burrell, but I'm rooting for Andre.

• Love 1

I love Archie P and am excited to see her on B99. However, I wish they were bringing her in to be the (temporary) Captain (while Holt's away), not just giving her a role as Love Interest. We all know Panjabi can flirt, tantalize, and generally sizzle. But she does have other skills.

• Love 1

If I'd seen this and didn't watch the show, I'd think it was really juvenile. Since I do watch the show - well, I still think it's really juvenile. But it also delights me.

I don't really know who that guy is, so I have no opinion other than hoping it is only for one episode. If it was an actor I liked, then I'd be happy for them to stretch it out to two or three episodes, but as it is, I'd be glad to see Holt back in the precinct by episode 2.

Hmm... I love Bill Hader, but him being the captain is kind of a strange choice.  I guess I was expecting someone else who had an authority to him, and I never really see that in Hader.  And with his history with Andy Samberg on SNL (Laser Cats), I will find it strange watching him trying to order Jake around.  Then again, maybe this is on purpose, and he's going to be much different from normal captains.

Still, this show has done a great job so far with guest-casting, so I'm not too worried.  But I do hope they don't plan on having Holt absent from the squad for long.

• Love 1

Did Andre Braugher make a bad call on his Emmy episode submission?

Andre Braugher, "Brooklyn Nine-Nine"

Episode Selection: "The Mole"
• "The Mole" may be the best episode of Season 2, but it’s not Braugher’s best episode. "Lockdown," where he’s holed up with Terry (Crews), "Beach House," where he ruins a squad party, "AC/DC," featuring a dinner party at the Captain's home, and "Johnny and Dora," the season finale where Captain Holt is forced to leave the precinct, are all better showcases of the man’s many talents.
Bad Call

Hmm... I had to refresh myself, and I personally thought "The Mole" was one of Holt/Andre's best.  That was the episode where he gave that hilariously epic speech at the bar to Scully/Hitchcock, a ton of back and forth with Wuntch, and all the stuff with him and Jake trying to figure out the mole, was pretty damn funny.  While I do think there is a case there for him to have submitted "Johnny and Dora" instead (mainly due to his final speech), I still think "The Mole" is a solid choice, and isn't a bad call.  Then again, the article suggest "Lockdown" instead, and that was personally one of my least favorite episodes this season.

I agree. When The Mole first aired and he kills the "Am I okay?" Speech I thought Emmy submission, while arguments can be made for other eps it definitely isn't a bad call. Plus, the slap is just golden!

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1

See here's what I don't get. He's nominated for an Emmy on a sitcom, so why is it being argued that he should have submitted an episode that's got emotional, serious stuff in it as the best example of his work? Surely he should be submitting an episode where he's at his funniest? Where he gets the best lines and nails them, and cracks everyone up constantly. Otherwise, what's the point of the award?

Edited by Danny Franks
See here's what I don't get. He's nominated for an Emmy on a sitcom, so why is it being argued that he should have submitted an episode that's got emotional, serious stuff in it as the best example of his work?

Because that's how Candice Bergen won for Murphy Brown year after year?  True comedy just doesn't get much respect, even from people who should know better.

Because that's how Candice Bergen won for Murphy Brown year after year?  True comedy just doesn't get much respect, even from people who should know better.

John Larroquette won year after year for Night Court, which was fairly slapstick, so sometimes they have their heads right (Larroquette was fantastic).

• Love 1

The show actually won a Creative Emmy for it's stunt work:

OUTSTANDING STUNT COORDINATION FOR A COMEDY SERIES OR A VARIETY PROGRAM

(WINNER) Brooklyn Nine-Nine • FOX • Universal Television, Fremulon, Dr. Goor Productions and 3 Arts Entertainment
Norman Howell, Stunt Coordinator

Have no idea which episode they submitted, so I'm curious to see what it was that got them the victory.  Granted, stunts in comedy might be considered the most prestigious category at the Emmys, but it still counts!  It's now an Emmy winner! 

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 1

From the case for watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine:

(and if you have yet to see season one’s dinner party episode, please do so after you finish reading. Or now, it’s cool.).

Ha-ha!  My husband and I actually did watch that episode again last night, as part of our run-up to the new season.  Jake, Terry, and Santiago in Holt's bathroom with the dog never gets old!

Note: writer Allyson Johnson needs some remedial help with proper use of apostrophes, but otherwise, this is a pretty nice piece.

Edited by Inquisitionist

I really like that article (the case for watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine).

I spent some time trying to find which episodes were submitted for the stunt award, and struck out. Does someone have a twitter account? Maybe a tweet to the producers would get us this information. All I can think of is Terry's "puffy vest" exploding, and I'm pretty sure that's not what we're talking about.

Hmmm, good question. The award went to Norman Howell, but he is listed as the stunt coordinator for many B99 episodes.  Howell was nominated last year, too.

After doing a little more research, I wonder if the stunt category does not require submission of a specific episode.  In this list of winners, there is an episode listed for  "Outstanding Special Visual Effects In A Supporting Role," won by American Horror Story: Freak Show for the episode, Edward Mordrake, Part 2.  But no episode is listed for Howell's win in the Stunts category, a few entries below that.

Andre lost sadly, but at least it was to Tony Hale, who I heard is really great on Veep.

On the flip-side, I actually thought Andy Samberg was really good as the Emmy host.  Maybe a miss from time to time, but he actually made me laugh a lot more then normal.  Hope he gets another shot at it.

• Love 8

Can anyone tell me how to turn off the images? Thanks.

Damn it. I can't believe Andre lost again. He is so great and I don't like tony Hale at all. I guess there's always next year.

I love Andy Samburg but his opening for the Emmys was not funny...at least the first ten minutes or so. I changed channels before I got too disappointed.

I thought he did great. I didn't like a couple of the jokes (which I can't recall now), but I really like his sense of humor. I read that his writers were from Comedy Bang Bang. I also read that his stint didn't go over well with the in-theatre audience but pretty well with TV viewers, at least a certain group of them.

As for Andre losing... Yeah, that sucked. I didn't expect him to win. I watch Veep and don't begrudge Tony Hale at all. He's fantastic on the show, as is everyone else there too.

• Love 2

As awards hosting goes, we've seen so many duds lately (Neil Patrick Harris seemed invincible after his first two Tony times, but by now he's dissipated most of that good will) that I'm pathetically grateful for someone who does a good solid job, makes me laugh a few times, surprises me occasionally, and keeps it moving. Andy Samberg delivered on all counts. If he's smart, he'll decline offers to do it again for the next couple of years, and not wear out his welcome.

I too was sad not to see Andre B win. I suspect that his is the sort of excellence hard to read in a single submitted episode (he builds his performance throughout a season). And Tony Hale is so freakin' brilliant on Veep, I can't begrudge him recognition for that.

• Love 1

Andy Samberg delivered on all counts. If he's smart, he'll decline offers to do it again for the next couple of years, and not wear out his welcome.

Unless he gets a TV show on ABC, NBC, or CBS, his turn won't come again for a while.  The network that airs the Emmy broadcast gets to choose the host and typically chooses someone with a program that airs on that network.  Jane Lynch was the most recent host on Fox, in 2011.

Well there are other awards shows.  I saw people say last night Andy's humour might be more suited to something like the Golden Globes.

I thought he did a good job, the audience reaction sucked and it seemed to make him more nervous.

I too was sad not to see Andre B win.

Joining in with this too :(

Edited by evesix
  • Love 1