Type keyword(s) to search

Marie Osmond: A Little Bit Country

• Start Topic

(edited)

OK, Marie doesn't officially make her debut for another couple of months but I figured what the hey. I think she'll be fine as a co-host. She has talk show experience and is very versatile. 

Edited by catlover79
  • Love 1

Well I won't be watching.  The Marie Osmond I know is not someone I want to know any better.  She made her career on the sweat equity of gay men.  When the hell has she ever done a goddamned thing for the LGBTQ community?  Her son committed suicide because he was gay and she and her religion didn't accept it.  On Oprah she said her son called her from LA while she was performing in Vegas and she didn't take his call.  He killed himself right after.  Yeah, Mother of the Year.  I won't be watching.  IMO, you are the company you keep.  And she keeps with the anti-gay Mormons.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I haven’t been a frequent viewer of this show because Sharon Osborne is on it. Enough Said. Now, I won’t watch because MO is on it. Her most annoying feature, besides that stuffed, botoxed, wigged persona that is so fake, is her habit of saying something stupid, then laughing at her “witticism” and then saying “But no”. And then correcting herself. I know someone in real life who does that and we are former friends. That stuff is annoying beyond belief. You are not funny. No one thinks you’re funny. No one else laughs at the stupid things you say. Someone needs to tell you that!

• Love 3
On 7/11/2019 at 9:17 AM, xingu said:

Well I won't be watching.  The Marie Osmond I know is not someone I want to know any better.  She made her career on the sweat equity of gay men.  When the hell has she ever done a goddamned thing for the LGBTQ community?  Her son committed suicide because he was gay and she and her religion didn't accept it.  On Oprah she said her son called her from LA while she was performing in Vegas and she didn't take his call.  He killed himself right after.  Yeah, Mother of the Year.  I won't be watching.  IMO, you are the company you keep.  And she keeps with the anti-gay Mormons.

I've seen Marie on at least a couple of talk shows where she showed support for her gay daughter.  According to Marie, her son who died was not gay and it was her gay daughter who insisted Marie inform the media that they were spreading false rumors.  Her son suffered from depression.

I looked her up on Wikipedia and this is what it says:

On April 29, 2009, Osmond said that her oldest daughter, Jessica, was gay and had been living in Los Angeles with her partner. Osmond expressed support for her daughter and for same-sex marriage rights, and in 2010 was named Grand Marshal of the Ogden Gay Pride Parade.[32] In 2013 Osmond said that civil rights should be for all people.[33] Osmond announced on June 7, 2019 via her Instagram that Jessica married her partner Sara in a civil ceremony and quoted "I could not love the two of you more!"

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 4
On 9/11/2019 at 5:10 PM, catlover79 said:

I think Marie is doing good so far, but it feels really strange not having Sara around.

Same here. It was like that for me when Aisha and Julie left too. Like they were away working on something else and would be back soon. Not gone for good. 

• Love 4

She is doing pretty well, but that was a pretty harsh barb that she leveled at her ex-husband in today's show. The topic was weight loss, and Marie said something to the effect that the 350 pounds of ex-husband was the best weight she ever shed. 😳

• Love 2

Between the ridiculous shoes, the bad wig, the enormous fake eyelashes and the talons, Marie is a wonderful example for other Mormon women. I cannot watch this show since she came on. With all of the women in this world, the best they could do is her?!

• Love 2

Her best buddy, who was the showrunner was fired.  Makes sense that she will go.  She’s now going over to do movies on Lifetime, who’s movies, IMHO, are beyond tacky.  With titles like (I’m being facetious) I Killed My Sister’s Husband’s Father’s Grandmother”, I just wonder Why she would go there?  Well at least we won’t be subjected to her nearly daily crying fits and her constant one-upping her co-hosts. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, KLovestoShop said:

Her best buddy, who was the showrunner was fired.  Makes sense that she will go.  She’s now going over to do movies on Lifetime, who’s movies, IMHO, are beyond tacky.  With titles like (I’m being facetious) I Killed My Sister’s Husband’s Father’s Grandmother”, I just wonder Why she would go there?  Well at least we won’t be subjected to her nearly daily crying fits and her constant one-upping her co-hosts. 

Anyone know who is replacing her? Also when do new shows start?

Whether or not I always agreed with her, Marie nice and polite sharing her opinions, unlike Sharon. She also brought a totally different vibe to the show, which we needed imo. 

It's also hard for me to see Sheryl as a backstabber. I can see it in Sharon though. 

I wish Marie well. I think she's a beautiful lady inside and out. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 7

Sheryl and Carrie Ann are the only co-hosts I've ever liked on this show. I never thought Marie Osmond was a good fit for a talkshow and I didn't bother to watch more than an episode or two while she was on The Talk. All that said, I'd be interested to know why Sharon hated her and went to this extreme to get rid of her? Marie doesn't come across like a diva or the type to draw that extreme of a reaction out of someone.

As for Sheryl's involvement, I can kind of believe it. The few times I've watched over the years, I've enjoyed Sheryl despite disagreeing with her opinions pretty often--and she always seemed really cozy with Sharon. I can believe Sharon talked Sheryl into backing her up, but Sharon no doubt did the majority of the work.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'd be interested to know why Sharon hated her and went to this extreme to get rid of her? Marie doesn't come across like a diva or the type to draw that extreme of a reaction out of someone.

I'm curious as well. Anyone know specifically why, or possibly speculate as to why Sharon hated Marie enough to get her fired?

• Love 2

I don't think that either of them did anything. I think that the network and producers looked at the rating and saw that she didn't boost them in anyway like they hoped. They probably figured that they could get someone cheaper to get the same rating. Pure business decision.

• Useful 1

I picked up on a tense vibe between Sharon and Marie - not so much with Sheryl, however.  I am not a big fan of Sharon actually.  When Sara was still on, it seemed that Sharon would lead with the commentary and I just wasn't nearly as interested in her opinions as I was with the rest of the hosts.  She seems to have a dominating energy.  I do enjoy Carrie Ann and Eve.  It did seem that Marie wasn't as good as fit as others might be.  One I think would be a great addition and is entertaining whenever she appears, IMO, is Carnie Wilson.  If this show gives even more air time to Sharon, I will be watching it less.  I do miss hearing Sara's point of view; she was articulate and thoughtful.

• Love 5

I truly cannot imagine why anyone would accept anything Sharon O had to say on any subject. She’s an admitted cheater with no integrity. How she thinks she can offer an opinion on anyone else’s behavior is beyond me. Even more curious, why would any thinking person give any credence to her opinions? Sad for those people for sure. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I truly cannot imagine why anyone would accept anything Sharon O had to say on any subject. She’s an admitted cheater with no integrity. How she thinks she can offer an opinion on anyone else’s behavior is beyond me. Even more curious, why would any thinking person give any credence to her opinions? Sad for those people for sure. 

I agree. While I've never cheated nor would I stay with a cheater, I'm an understanding and forgiving person. I have friends who've cheated who aren't terrible people. Sharon isn't a nice chick who messed up decades ago though. Her present self can be quite mean and rude. 

• Love 6

Sharon is always jealous of someone who has real talent, class, dignity and intelligence - she’s very threatened by anyone that may be perceived as bigger and better than she  - so can you blame her?  The personification of the mean petty green eyed monster.

• Love 6