Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: The Broadway Brat

• Start Topic

Airs June 11, 2019

Abby challenges the team with her most serious group dance yet, and casts Lilly as the lead for the first time in her ALDC career; when GiaNina complains about her choreography, Abby unleashes her wrath on the Broadway veteran.

2 hours ago, renatae said:

What was the point of that Thoughts and Prayers dance? I didn't get it at all.

Also, why wasn't Lilly wearing pants?

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

Thanks!!! I didn't understand the silly dance, which still looks to me like individuals until they all come to a line and then they do their own things again. They are not a team. Also, didn't like either of the solos - too much posing on the floor and not enough dancing. And, I didn't get the prison jumpsuits either. What happened to the covered ALDC warm up suits? I have a feeling I will be done very soon. These mothers all look the same and are horrible. And Abby has not mellowed a bit and is now throwing it in the kids' faces that children have cancer. 

• Love 5

How much of a fucking bitch an irritating woman is Ashley (and Abby for that matter)?  I just don't know how you fight with a 13 year old, unless she's your daughter.  It's absolutely disgusting for them to attack a very young woman whose words, yes, did get twisted.  GiaNina said she didn't care what Abby said.  In the old seasons, all the moms would tell their kids not to care what Abby said, even Dr. Holly.  It's because she's spewing bullshit, and you can recognize that and be on her team at the same time.  It's the only way to stay sane.

Who gives a shit if GiaNina contradicts herself about a solo?  She's a 13 year old kid.  And when GiaNina apologized and Abby told her off instead of graciously accepting the apology and saying, like, "it's ok.  Thank you for apologizing.  I think you learned something about speaking out loud without thinking.  I trust you won't do it again," is horrendous.

In season 3, Peyton said she thought she danced better than the majority of the girls in the group dance, because Abby was coming for her, and she was defending herself, but her comments were about on par with GiaNina's, and Abby was discourteous about it, but she didn't go off on a kid like she did here.  She held back a little because it's a kid for Christ's sake.

"Doctor" Stacey, doesn't even see this as appalling behavior; she plays into it.  They're all kind of horrendous hose beasts in their own ways, with Ashley leading the charge this week, whereas it was Erin last week (and Stacey is always in there, egging everyone on).

Shout-out to Michelle for being the sole voice of reason.  

I thought the GiaNina (jazz?) dance was better executed than the unicorn dance.  

Yeah, Abby, what was "political" about that?  You do controversial themes because they win, and all she cares about is that stupid, $2 tin crown.  She's completely crazy, and a liar.

• Love 3
(edited)

The whole "stop crying!" thing from Abby made me laugh. it reminded me of Tom Hanks in A League of Her Own yelling, "there's no crying in baseball!? There's no CRYING in Baseball!"

These girls are proof that the over-coddling of this generation's moms is a real problem. The dancers have already cried more times in two weeks than Chloe and Paige did in two seasons, and those two girls took some really tough crap from Abby. In the dance world, you have to get used to the egos and abruptness of the directors and instructors. These kids have some talent, but they don't have the spine. Having meltdowns because you don't like your part? Give me a break. Shut your mouth, work hard, you WILL get the part. If you can muzzle the mothers, anyway. 

These kids are minors, so I think a parent SHOULD be present, but they should not be momagers to these kids who are all dangerously close to being irreversible brats. Helicopter parenting is such a fail. Be proud of your kid, protect your kid from actual abuse, then shut your mouth. But then, what kind of show would this be. It would have talent, class, some insight into the competition world, some interesting routines, some humor... I mean, who wants that <<eyeroll>>.

Edited by Chewy101
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, CDC said:

Also, why wasn't Lilly wearing pants?

For real. Instead of looking like a school shooting, she looked like a victim of child molestation or something. If she needed to stand out, why not put her in a skirt. That looked bad.

And Abby is crazy to think the team could only lose because it was political. It wasn't even political. Countries all around the world face unspeakable violence daily, and shedding light on it is simply stating facts. Far as I can tell, no one can stop talking about shootings, so I hardly think it's a taboo subject.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Another small ratings drop:  561K viewers and a .17 rating.  47th cable show of the day.

Episode 1: 630K viewers and a .19 rating.  31st cable show of the day.

Episode 2:  569K viewers and a .17 rating.  34th cable show of the day.  

Edited by Absolom
Comparison.
  • Useful 1
35 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Another small ratings drop:  561K viewers and a .17 rating.  47th cable show of the day.

Episode 1: 630K viewers and a .19 rating.  31st cable show of the day.

Episode 2:  569K viewers and a .17 rating.  34th cable show of the day.  

Which means Abby needn't worry about "the entire world" seeing her silly group number.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I also don't think the dance was overly political. I remember when they did the Final Text and it was featured on the internet by various web sites and news organizations...clearly, Abby wants that type of attention again. It won't happen. 

As far as everyone ganging up on Erin, I don't see her lasting through the season either. You can tell she is conscious of the cameras and it's clear she doesn't have thick enough skin for the show. However, the Pittsburgh mom talking to her like it was a therapy session was beyond much...girl, bye. 

Hannah seems like a sweet kid who doesn't know how to handle being in front of a camera. I don't know if she'll last either. 

Hopefully the stage moms will get even crazier, they are why I like to watch .  It’s obvious they picked the Mom’s not the dancers because the dancers are mediocre and completely forgettable. I’m disappointed there are no standouts, especially the 12 and 13 year olds.  

3 hours ago, Lemons said:

Hopefully the stage moms will get even crazier, they are why I like to watch .  It’s obvious they picked the Mom’s not the dancers because the dancers are mediocre and completely forgettable. I’m disappointed there are no standouts, especially the 12 and 13 year olds.  

I'm just grateful when they did this round of auditions for crazy moms, they got more talented kids out of it. The last few seasons of Dance Moms before this one, it was embarrassing how much the kids were not real talent, and it was just about the moms.

On 6/12/2019 at 1:04 AM, renatae said:

What was the point of that Thoughts and Prayers dance? I didn't get it at all.

The point is we need more than thoughts and prayer to stop crazy people from killing our children. Gun control would be a good start.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

The point is we need more than thoughts and prayer to stop crazy people from killing our children. Gun control would be a good start.

Addressing mental health issues is very important, addressing the what causes people to decide to kill others (whether by gun, knife, car, etc.).

• Love 6
On 6/12/2019 at 5:50 PM, PumpkinLumpkin said:

Right? She looked like she was dancing around the stage in her panties. Not a good look.

It didn't help that she was doing moves that looked like she was covering her crotch. What was the message there? She was in the locker room and there was a shooting so she ran out with no pants? I don't get it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 5:25 PM, Chewy101 said:

Which means Abby needn't worry about "the entire world" seeing her silly group number.

A lot of people just watch the dances YouTube.

On 6/26/2019 at 2:04 PM, Katy M said:

A lot of people just watch the dances YouTube.

That definitely eliminates the drama. Although, the YouTube section has its own drama when they drag pieces of the rest of the shows in there. It can get pretty funny.