Type keyword(s) to search

sMothered - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Paula and her incestuous/possessive relationship with her mom makes me actually nauseous and violently uncomfortable.

She loves feeling skin to skin... It is very important to have physical contact after a fight. I know she needs to touch my body. That's the best way to make up. So DELICIOUS? Gross. I love making her feel good. Mmmm hmmm... I lovvvvve you. 🤢

Am I the only one who thinks that it is just wrong that Dawn and Cher always dress alike? At that age, it isn't cute. I am not surprised that Cher's husband was upset in the previous episode about the dentist visit.

Jurgen (Jason’s dad) was the best part of the episode. When he told Sunhe that Angelica and Jason need their OWN space to raise THEIR family, and how she is basically running the house, I thought “finally someone with the balls to say what we are all thinking”. Go Papa Jurgen!!

I’d love to see Laura Leigh on a Pillow Talk of Smothered or anything else. She’d tell it like it is, take no bullshit, and would be funny as hell.

• Like 1
  • Love 10
32 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Paula and her incestuous/possessive relationship with her mom makes me actually nauseous and violently uncomfortable.

K R E E E E P Y  !

Am I the only one who thinks that it is just wrong that Dawn and Cher always dress alike? At that age, it isn't cute.

We'd consider THIS creepy, but they already gave us barf bags to watch Paula and Mommy Sweetest.

Jurgen (Jason’s dad) was the best part of the episode. When he told Sunhe that Angelica and Jason need their OWN space to raise THEIR family, and how she is basically running the house, I thought “finally someone with the balls to say what we are all thinking”. Go Papa Jurgen!!

Will we be reading some headline about an open murder...The Case of A Man Named Jurgen ??

I’d love to see Laura Leigh on a Pillow Talk of Smothered or anything else. She’d tell it like it is, take no bullshit, and would be funny as hell.

This would be great!  Too bad she's not associated with 90-Day.  She could take over as "behind the scenes" commentary on every Tell All !!!  She's smart, funny, hard-working (apparently), FULL of common sense...and needs US to boost her self-esteem. She gets nothing but criticism with these other two dim bulbs.  No one needs tearing down like this, Mommy-Mommy Duet.

There are too many CREEPY aspects to this show; I fast-forward through most of it.

• Applause 2
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

K R E E E E P Y  !

We'd consider THIS creepy, but they already gave us barf bags to watch Paula and Mommy Sweetest.

Will we be reading some headline about an open murder...The Case of A Man Named Jurgen ??

This would be great!  Too bad she's not associated with 90-Day.  She could take over as "behind the scenes" commentary on every Tell All !!!  She's smart, funny, hard-working (apparently), FULL of common sense...and needs US to boost her self-esteem. She gets nothing but criticism with these other two dim bulbs.  No one needs tearing down like this, Mommy-Mommy Duet.

There are too many CREEPY aspects to this show; I fast-forward through most of it.

This massage scene was cut from the episode I watched. I was confused when others were talking about it. I then rewound and it wasn't there. Anyone else watch an edited version??

31 minutes ago, Rebky said:

This massage scene was cut from the episode I watched. I was confused when others were talking about it. I then rewound and it wasn't there. Anyone else watch an edited version??

You should thank your lucky stars. Maybe that was a creepy bridge too far even for TLC. We can only hope.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Love 6

Second all the Laura Lee love. Love the new plot line of Dawn being jealous of Jared's parents since they live close to Miami. Cher might get close to her MIL and replace Dawn. Listening to Cher talk alone, she doesn't have nearly the whiny affect as with her mom.

Belle is the image of her dad. Bwwwaaahhh. Karma is a bitch Dawn.

• Love 10
On 8/4/2021 at 8:12 AM, jackjill89 said:

I don't know why I watch this show. It truly drives me insane. These people are the worst.

So agree. Makes me life look so normal. I get that a lot of it is scripted, but there's lot of dysfunction in these relationships. 

• Love 3
On 8/10/2022 at 7:20 PM, IgnoranceisBLISS said:

What other show was Shay on? It was another “reality” show. 

I don’t know the answer, but every time I see her all I can think of is Tammy Slayton. 

edited to add: Actually, more like Amy Slayton in looks and temperament. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I don’t know the answer, but every time I see her all I can think of is Tammy Slayton. 

Shay seems funny and  kind. Tammy is a heinous woman. But understand the physical resemblance. 

• Love 1
On 8/30/2022 at 10:45 AM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

The new smothered couple are almost just as messed up as Paula and Francie

Are you talking about the two full figured peroxide blondes (who often date the same men) where the mother claims the daughter is “the spitting image of Marilyn Monroe”? In what universe? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Laura Leigh is queen. She is the only one I like on this show. I like her relationship with Lauren’s dad. It would be awesome if she could carry their next child. And she’s not stupid, she knows it might take some time, so why not start trying now. Lauren and her mom are acting like she expects to be knocked up right away and giving birth within the year. I don’t like either of them and Lauren doesn’t deserve Laura Leigh.

You can tell Angie means well with certain things but she goes overboard on things too.

Another sick group! Cathy & Ashley are too much! It’s fine to be confident but they just seem delusional. I audibly laughed when Cathy said Ashley looks identical to Marilyn Monroe. It’s embarrassing to come across that arrogant, they’re so into themselves & Ashley seems like a bitch to her poor sister. At least we were saved from Sunhe and Dawn this week.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

I don’t like either of them and Lauren doesn’t deserve Laura Leigh.

Hmmm...makes me rethink things.  Perhaps Laura Leigh should wait for IVF (or her choice of getting pregnant).  Wait until she's in a new/loving/stable relationship MINUS an Obsessive Monster-In-Law. Laura Leigh needs someone who loves her without that BAGGAGE.

Can you IMAGINE what would happen if there are two baby girls born within months of each other ... even a couple of years?  Laura Leigh's baby would definitely be treated (badly)as an intruder by Mommy Lauren and GrandMAW Lisa..."She's not even a relative!" (...not genetically related to them). I'll bet Laura Leigh has developed a devoted following...women who would love to help her learn/find true love of a spouse and family.

Edited by Back Atcha
Corrected "Lee" to "Leigh"
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, Kymmi said:

Of course Lauren thought the baby shower would be all about her It’s called a BABY shower, calm down. 

Saying, "Calm down," to a woman is often considered insulting.   So, "CALM THE 'F' DOWN, LAUREN!!!"

• Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 8/30/2022 at 8:01 PM, magemaud said:

Are you talking about the two full figured peroxide blondes (who often date the same men) where the mother claims the daughter is “the spitting image of Marilyn Monroe”? In what universe? 

There must be a Weebles version of Marilyn we're not aware of! 🙄

• LOL 8

Dawn was insufferable this episode. (I mean, she usually is, but especially so.)

It is beyond rude to show up at someone's house uninvited.

Dawn: They like us, don't they?

Jared's parents: No, we don't.

No one buys that Dawn doesn't like separateness. She loves it, as long as it's her keeping Cher, Jared, and Belle separate from everybody. 

Jared's parents have got her number.

Paula: I don't know what's going on with me and my mom.

Me: She thinks you're being a creep. Because you are.

Paula: My mom belongs with me.

Me: She really doesn't. You're just upped the creep factor to about 32. On a scale of 10.

Paula: I won't let her push me away.

Me: Please get help.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Love 12

I have always referred to Cher and Dawn as the Janice-from-Friends-wannabe-twins.

I don't know how Cher's husband puts up with them. I guess it's the dent the salary from this show will put in his medical school debt. There can be no other reason.

Anyone else expecting a cloud of black hair dye to be left in that pool? I was a little disappointed.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Dawn was insufferable this episode. (I mean, she usually is, but especially so.)

It is beyond rude to show up at someone's house uninvited.

Dawn: They like us, don't they? Jared's parents: No, we don't.

No one buys that Dawn doesn't like separateness. She loves it, as long as it's her keeping Cher, Jared, and Belle separate from everybody. 

Jared's parents have got her number.

Paula: I don't know what's going on with me and my mom.

Me: She thinks you're being a creep. Because you are.

Paula: My mom belongs with me.

Me: She really doesn't. You're just upped the creep factor to about 32. On a scale of 10.

Paula: I won't let her push me away.

Me: Please get help.

Yes, Dawn really sucked so much this episode. She is unable to establish proper BOUNDARIES. I laughed so hard when she got pushed into the pool.

Paula is an absolute shit human being. Francia is not innocent, but at least she has some modicum of sense. SOME.

• Fire 3
  • Love 2

Paula needs mental help, she will make life miserable for the poor little cousin coming into that home. I’m hoping Dawn isn’t really around her daughter that much, but a little of that voice goes a long way. It seems like she is into her daughter way more than her granddaughter as she usually suggests leaving little Belle behind so they can have mother daughter fun. The peroxide blond duo seems overly made up for hanging around the back yard. And why were the little girls wearing flannel shirts in the ‘photo shoot’?

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I just put this show on (i've watched it before sporadically).  THESE WOMEN ARE SICK.  VERY SICK.  The 2 fat blonde ones are the MOST sick.  That poor sister.  I was going to have dinner but now have no appetite.  and CHER??? She can go to hell.  What mother and daughter have these relationships?  NONE (except them).  Dawn's husband needs to divorce her and get custody of the child.  SICK.  JMO.

4 hours ago, Rebky said:

I have always referred to Cher and Dawn as the Janice-from-Friends-wannabe-twins.

I don't know how Cher's husband puts up with them. I guess it's the dent the salary from this show will put in his medical school debt. There can be no other reason.

Anyone else expecting a cloud of black hair dye to be left in that pool? I was a little disappointed.

I loved JANICE! (FRIENDS)  I gave my rant about this s..t show down below.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Boston said:

Dawn's husband needs to divorce her and get custody of the child. 

D I T T O ! ! !     You probably mean CHER.  Can you IMAGINE that custody case?  Cher's husband against Cher, Dawn, Dawn's wealthy physician husband...and Dawn is crazy-mean.  I think this show has made everyone miserable...except thirsty Dawn, who considers herself the popular Queen of the May.  Do we know if she has ANY friends of her own?  She's a mess. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

And why were the little girls wearing flannel shirts in the ‘photo shoot’?

Maybe they’re getting ready for the “Casual Country Wear” segment of “Toddlers and “Tiaras.”

Sparkle, baby! 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Maybe they’re getting ready for the “Casual Country Wear” segment of “Toddlers and “Tiaras.”

Sparkle, baby! 

I felt so bad for them.  At least one of them obviously hates it, and it's so exploitive at that age.

• Applause 5
6 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

D I T T O ! ! !     You probably mean CHER.  Can you IMAGINE that custody case?  Cher's husband against Cher, Dawn, Dawn's wealthy physician husband...and Dawn is crazy-mean.  I think this show has made everyone miserable...except thirsty Dawn, who considers herself the popular Queen of the May.  Do we know if she has ANY friends of her own?  She's a mess. 

I get these broads names mixed up.  Jesus.  Unfortunately for me.. I'll probably watch next week.  I just bitch at the tv the whole time. (maybe because I had a "checked out" mother.  Believe me, I will take my life over these nutjobs any day. (I don't mean I will take my life - I meant I will love my life over these nutcases.)  Don't come for me.. LOL.. no suicidal tendencies over this show)

Edited by Boston
forgot word
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Paula needs mental help, she will make life miserable for the poor little cousin coming into that home. I’m hoping Dawn isn’t really around her daughter that much, but a little of that voice goes a long way. It seems like she is into her daughter way more than her granddaughter as she usually suggests leaving little Belle behind so they can have mother daughter fun. The peroxide blond duo seems overly made up for hanging around the back yard. And why were the little girls wearing flannel shirts in the ‘photo shoot’?

Their "backyard" of patches of grass and mostly dirt?  Did she say they have a compound?  That group is full of delusions.

• Wink 1
  • Love 2

Dawn reminds me of that annoying Janice character on Friends.

Sherry was the MVP of this episode. I don't know if that push in the pool was scripted or Dawn making herself the victim, but it was nice to see her cool off (and Jared's reaction XD).

Yeah, eventually Sherry stooped to Dawn's level and got heated, but how could you not with a donkey braying in your face nonstop?!

Seriously, Dawn is going to cause a divorce if Cher doesn't set her boundaries now that they are moving back to FL. She's petulant, whiny and a HUGE narcissist. It's *almost* unbearable to watch.

"My mom belongs with me and that won't change". Calm down Norma Bates.

20 hours ago, Boston said:

The 2 fat blonde ones are the MOST sick.  That poor sister. 

Cathy and Ashley I cannot handle anymore because they seriously make me upset. They scare the shit out of me. The mother 100% pins the girls against each other. It’s sick. The mother is a major issue and without her the sisters would probably get along.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Cathy and Ashley I cannot handle anymore because they seriously make me upset. They scare the shit out of me. The mother 100% pins the girls against each other. It’s sick. The mother is a major issue and without her the sisters would probably get along.

If I was the other sister I'd get as far away as I could and choose your own family.  She's never going to get the love she deserves from them.

• Love 7

Am LOVING this very contrived storyline where Dawn is jealous of Jared's dad and stepmom. There's some reality to that story.  I get the idea was hatched during pre-production, it's one of the better ones this season. Jared's mom (Sherry?) is the one person who is telling Dawn the truth. Belle is cute.

• Love 6
On 9/10/2022 at 8:31 AM, BAForever said:

Am LOVING this very contrived storyline where Dawn is jealous of Jared's dad and stepmom. There's some reality to that story.  I get the idea was hatched during pre-production, it's one of the better ones this season. Jared's mom (Sherry?) is the one person who is telling Dawn the truth. Belle is cute.

Too bad Dawn isn't a better actress.  I've known some husband who have put up with UNbelievable antics from their wife.  Saints.

• Love 5

Dawn is an embarrassment. I’d disown her if I were her child. She needs to get a hobby or make a friend, and leave her daughter alone. And Cher needs to stop enabling her mother’s neediness.

Angelica, your mother will never approve of any partner. She needs therapy and you need to get her out of your house, maybe out of your life for a little while. Sunhe is a horrible narcissist woman. So manipulative.

Paula is a terrible person begrudging an orphaned 10 year old relative.

• Applause 2
  • Love 7

Sunhe won’t let Angelica’s daughter go by either of her parents. She even insists on sleeping with the little girl. Jason should get a lawyer and seek custody, the little one is going to grow up thinking her parents don’t care about her. Paula gives me the creeps and I think her mother is afraid of her. 
Cher and Dawn do a podcast and Instagram stuff together, they are joined at the hip. 

• Love 7

I thought Laura Leigh's games were cringeworthy and classless...and I was still entirely sympathetic to her.

Laura Leigh is 100% right that Lisa is way too involved, and she treats Laura Leigh like an inconvenience.

I will say that Laura Leigh's vindictiveness was childish and will only breed more resentment. I don't blame her for resenting Lisa's relentless interference in their lives, but the passive-aggressive way she expresses it (which has morphed into outright aggression) is making the situation worse. These two are doomed.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

I don't blame her for resenting Lisa's relentless interference in their lives, but the passive-aggressive way she expresses it (which has morphed into outright aggression) is making the situation worse.

There's no way out for her.  That mother-daughter relationship is NOT healthy and is going nowhere.  Perhaps having a baby might give Lauren a hormonal BOOST that will make her protective--of her baby AND her wife.   An old broad can dream, can't she?

• Applause 1
  • Love 2

I don't like Shay.

How a mother could enjoy her kids fighting over her attention is beyond me. It’s absolutely disgusting and Cathy is 100% responsible for how much Ashley and Samantha hate each other. I mean, it’s EMBARRASSING!

Why would Mrs. Lisa be in announcement and pregnancy photos??? Because she’s a highly disturbed person with a sick need to be in her daughter’s life to the detriment of her daughter’s relationship? She and Lauren have been dreaming about their baby shower forever! It’s their day!!! Lisa wasn’t in the pregnancy announcement photo shoot! What is happening? It’s so disturbing to watch these two and their disrespectful treatment of Laura Leigh.

• Applause 3
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Because she’s a highly disturbed person with a sick need to be in her daughter’s life to the detriment of her daughter’s relationship?

Thanks, Hotel Snarker!  Maybe if everyone (including us) refers to her as a Highly Disturbed Person, maybe someone in Production will get her some help.  Maybe SHE will understand what THE WORLD thinks of her and her behavior.   As I said in an earlier post, an old broad can dream, can't she.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 9/27/2022 at 12:58 PM, the-grey-lady said:

I thought Laura Leigh's games were cringeworthy and classless...and I was still entirely sympathetic to her.

Some of the guests seemed to be having fun though and enjoying the performance 

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, xls said:

Some of the guests seemed to be having fun though and enjoying the performance 

Yes, absolutely. I would have enjoyed it myself.

I was mainly thinking about the "boobs and butts" game, or whatever it was called. And I got the impression she planned those games in large part to "stick it" to her MIL. Not that I blame her for despising Miss Lisa, but she's never going to get what she wants out of her marriage.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3