Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: Finale Reunion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Sometimes I don't think every behavior has to be a diagnosis, I realize sometimes it is, but for me, Will was just over Jasmine, period.

Right! We are not all walking mental and physical dysfunction. 

On 4/11/2019 at 5:38 PM, Yeah No said:

I have known many people "on the spectrum".  It comes with the territory when you go to a school for gifted kids.  I have also known some of those people into adulthood.  No two people with this manifest it the same.  The reasons why I think Will might be among them are as follows:

1. His seeming avoidance of social situations.  He spent some time with the others on the "mini-moon" but quickly went off to take a nap.  I just got the feeling that this is his usual way of being in group situations.  He may feel socially inadequate or just not care or know how to enter into the usual give and take of social interactions.  This goes beyond garden variety introversion. 

2. He seems to have difficulty articulating and recognizing his own and others' emotional states.  He seems to lack insight into his and Jasmine's feelings.  When someone goes on like he did in this episode and makes little sense, I get suspicious of that.  I would usually just call this "cluelessness" but it could mean a deeper issue, too.   When he just completely missed helping Jasmine when she had her mini-bike mishap, I thought that he was a little clueless, but later, other things contributed to me seeing a pattern of behavior.  He also seems to be a little oblivious to interpreting some nonverbal cues.  Jasmine wearing that sexy negligee - I don't believe him that he was turned on by it.  I think it might have gone right over his head.  Kind of like when Amy on "Big Bang Theory" gets dressed sexy for Sheldon and he completely ignores it.

3. Those with ASD often make little eye contact when conversing with others.  They don't engage with people in an especially personal manner.  Their speech can seem robotic and monotone.  That sounds a lot like Will.  I don't think I've ever seen Will really engage with anyone on the show and when he talks he's always looking down or off to the side.  Either that or they can sometimes make inappropriate eye contact, such as staring too long, etc.  We never saw Will do that.

I'm sure I could come up with more but I don't have the time right now.  Let's just say I didn't pull that opinion out of nowhere without reasons....I realize we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg with these people, but sometimes you can tell a lot from the tip, lol.

Behavioral therapist and autism professional over here. Watching the show, I have never gotten any hints that Will is anywhere on the spectrum. I got the impression of two things:

1. He was a little shy on camera.

2. He was so not into Jasmine, at least after a while, and didn't know how to tell her.

The men on this show who are not attracted to their new wives are usually in a bit of a predicament. The way society is, men get rejected often, but many women cannot handle outright rejection. And so, many men are evasive about it. I just got off the phone with a friend who was anxious because a man she went on a date with did not respond to he  texts, so she guessed that it was because she didnt send him nudes (though he had never asked for nudes). Two days later. Still no response from him, except short replies:" Im busy." She continued to assume he was into her, until a week later he told her he was too busy for a relationship at the moment, which she also believed. But I digress.

Will not wanting to have sex with Jasmine after seeing her in her lingerie is not an indicator of misreading social situations, he knows exactly what he is doing. He does not want to have sex with her under any circumstand and he does not want to encourage her. Its just that simple. 

• Love 19
On 4/11/2019 at 10:35 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

If Will is on the spectrum, I must be too. 

Seriously! I was checking off all the boxes. 

20 hours ago, Yeah No said:

When I first said I "almost thought" Will MIGHT be on the spectrum, it was an offhand speculation.  It was not without its reasons but I didn't expect every little offhand statement I make about someone on this show to be taken as the Gospel According to Yeah No.  It was something I was mulling over, not creating a diagnosis.  Maybe I should just keep my thoughts to myself  about this show. 

No no no. Keep your thoughts coming. I love hearing everyone's opinions. And heck, if you're thinking it, probably someone else is thinking it too. 

I don't like when my opinions aren't well-received, or, worse yet, when they create debate or tension,  but when they do I just back off. Most times I'm not gonna be changing others opinions just like they're not gonna change mine. 

That being said, I maintain that Keith is a slacker and a grandma's boy. 😛

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I'm not saying Luke's not a dick - there are mountains of evidence that support that he is. 

But do you have a list ?

Y'know something that will rival Kate's "List of Reasons Why Luke Is Gay ."

BTW, I side-eye that list. It calls for stereotyping, I think. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Lily247 said:

The men on this show who are not attracted to their new wives are usually in a bit of a predicament. The way society is, men get rejected often, but many women cannot handle outright rejection. And so, many men are evasive about it. I just got off the phone with a friend who was anxious because a man she went on a date with did not respond to he  texts, so she guessed that it was because she didnt send him nudes (though he had never asked for nudes). Two days later. Still no response from him, except short replies:" Im busy." She continued to assume he was into her, until a week later he told her he was too busy for a relationship at the moment, which she also believed. But I digress.

If Will didn't know how to tell Jasmine he wasn't into her, that's on him and dick behavior, IMO.  I don't care how many men are evasive about their intentions with a woman, it's still a sign of not being good with interpersonal relationships, or women in general, and in a word, selfish.  The best men I have known have never left me guessing, and I personally refuse to apologize or explain away the rest like they had good intentions or were doing it to spare my feelings, (which I don't believe they did, it's just a cover for selfishness), no matter how many of them there are.  I was being kind giving Will the possibility of a "diagnosis".  Maybe he's just a garden variety asshole then.

I said in a previous post that men that are evasive and unclear with you about whether they like you or not are not doing it to spare YOUR feelings, but to spare THEIRS because THEY don't want to be (or look to the world like) the guy that lets a woman down.  Oh please guy, get over yourself.  Women aren't that fragile, they handle rejection all the time, and in my experience better than a lot of men.  Perhaps these men are male chauvinists if they assume that to boot.  But I don't even think it's only that.  I also think these guys aren't clear because they want to keep their options open in case "one day" in 10,000 years they MIGHT change their minds.  Which is selfish and about THEM, not about a woman's feelings AT ALL.  Note that Will showed signs of both these motivations in the tell-all when he weaseled about possibly being open to dating Jasmine in the future.  Once again, his answer was about what was good for HIM, and to make himself look "nice", not about being kind to HER feelings whatsoever.  And I think that's why Jasmine wanted him to answer, to show where he was really coming from, and yes, to reject it.  Because what woman wants to wait until the next ice age "in case" a guy changes his mind?  If he doesn't like her after all they've been through, then goodbye!

With regard to the man you mention above, telling a woman you've just dated that "you're too busy for a relationship" is pretty flat out clear to me even if a little misleading and dishonest.  I heard that once in college and I knew the guy just didn't like me.  He was young, though, so I didn't expect more.  Will is how old?  Closer to 40 than 30?  He doesn't get a pass from me for being evasive and unclear.  And TBH, if you can tell a woman you're too busy, you can tell her you like her and think she's a fine person but you just don't think you're a good match or whatever.  Say, "We don't agree on a lot of things, I don't think it would work".  There are other ways to say it without being too hurtful and personal about it.  And I heard that in my time, too, and always appreciated it even if it was initially hard to take.  Sure, no one likes rejection, but women tend to hate guessing games and being led on even more. 

I once asked a guy I had dated for a short while that was suddenly starting to be evasive and unavailable point blank about how he felt about me and got a weasely "Will-ish" response - Even after I told him I could take it if he wasn't that into me and wanted to know so I didn't hold out hope if there was none!  If I could ask him that point blank why couldn't he give me a point blank answer?  No way was he trying to be "nice" in not doing so.  He was just trying to avoid owning his feelings and to keep his options open in case he had a change of heart in 10,000 years.  Which was IMO selfish behavior, not well intended towards me.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Lily247 said:

The men on this show who are not attracted to their new wives are usually in a bit of a predicament. The way society is, men get rejected often, but many women cannot handle outright rejection.

This is  inaccurate. There are men who have attacked or murdered women who outright rejected them.There are enough cases that I would spend forever listing them. There is a famous quote from writer Margaret Atwood “Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them.”

While I'm sure we could find some cases of women doing the same to men it is rare.

At the end of the day there is no reason for Will to  be dishonest. He just didn't want to tell the truth. I think he liked the possibility of keeping Jasmine holding on to hope and she just wasn't having it. 

It is also why Luke's claims about Kate don't ring true. 

Edited by aphroditewitch
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I don’t think there is any explanation that Will could have given that would have been okay with Jasmine as to why he didn’t want her. I can’t say that he’s not telling the truth though. Maybe I’m just a weirdo,  but it would hurt my ego more if a guy said I don’t find you attractive than I just don’t see us having a future, and honestly, maybe his reasons are legitimate, I can’t say for sure. I’m totally okay if he doesn’t want to look like an asshole  

Mr. Kissmymutt cannot be reached for comment at this time. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

This is  inaccurate. There are men who have attacked or murdered women who outright rejected them.There are enough cases that I would spend forever listing them. There is a famous quote from writer Margaret Atwood “Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them.”

While I'm sure we could find some cases of women doing the same to men it is rare.

At the end of the day there is no reason for Will to  be dishonest. He just didn't want to tell the truth. I think he liked the possibility of keeping Jasmine holding on to hope and she just wasn't having it. 

It is also why Luke's claims about Kate don't ring true. 

I was just looking back at the shows history, like for some couples, the women outright said that they were not attracted to their match, but I have never (before Luke) heard the guy say that to the camera. Yes I agree that there are men who go to extreme lengths for revenge when getting rejected, however, usually it is the man who approaches the woman for dating, and so logically, since women tend to be pickier about their sexual partners than men are, they may be more used to it. This is just from my experience observing in bars, hearing conversations from brothers, male friends etc. 

5 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I don’t think there is any explanation that Will could have given that would have been okay with Jasmine as to why he didn’t want her. I can’t say that he’s not telling the truth though. Maybe I’m just a weirdo,  but it would hurt my ego more if a guy said I don’t find you attractive than I just don’t see us having a future, and honestly, maybe his reasons are legitimate, I can’t say for sure. I’m totally okay if he doesn’t want to look like an asshole  

Mr. Kissmymutt cannot be reached for comment at this time. 

I agree with this. I think even though he could give an honest rejection (less hurtful than Luke's) it would somehow be deemed unacceptable, superficial, or not a good enough reason. Way back when Luke stated honestly that he didnt feel attracted to Kate, there was a lot of backlash (Im talking before the awful comments he made about feeling dead, repulsed, pretending she's an alcoholic. Etc.) And people were commenting that he must have been irritated that she didnt recognize him from a dating event, when he was actually stating the plain truth.

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Yeah No said:

If Will didn't know how to tell Jasmine he wasn't into her, that's on him and dick behavior, IMO.  I don't care how many men are evasive about their intentions with a woman, it's still a sign of not being good with interpersonal relationships, or women in general, and in a word, selfish.  The best men I have known have never left me guessing, and I personally refuse to apologize or explain away the rest like they had good intentions or were doing it to spare my feelings, (which I don't believe they did, it's just a cover for selfishness), no matter how many of them there are.  I was being kind giving Will the possibility of a "diagnosis".  Maybe he's just a garden variety asshole then.

I said in a previous post that men that are evasive and unclear with you about whether they like you or not are not doing it to spare YOUR feelings, but to spare THEIRS because THEY don't want to be (or look to the world like) the guy that lets a woman down.  Oh please guy, get over yourself.  Women aren't that fragile, they handle rejection all the time, and in my experience better than a lot of men.  Perhaps these men are male chauvinists if they assume that to boot.  But I don't even think it's only that.  I also think these guys aren't clear because they want to keep their options open in case "one day" in 10,000 years they MIGHT change their minds.  Which is selfish and about THEM, not about a woman's feelings AT ALL.  Note that Will showed signs of both these motivations in the tell-all when he weaseled about possibly being open to dating Jasmine in the future.  Once again, his answer was about what was good for HIM, and to make himself look "nice", not about being kind to HER feelings whatsoever.  And I think that's why Jasmine wanted him to answer, to show where he was really coming from, and yes, to reject it.  Because what woman wants to wait until the next ice age "in case" a guy changes his mind?  If he doesn't like her after all they've been through, then goodbye!

With regard to the man you mention above, telling a woman you've just dated that "you're too busy for a relationship" is pretty flat out clear to me even if a little misleading and dishonest.  I heard that once in college and I knew the guy just didn't like me.  He was young, though, so I didn't expect more.  Will is how old?  Closer to 40 than 30?  He doesn't get a pass from me for being evasive and unclear.  And TBH, if you can tell a woman you're too busy, you can tell her you like her and think she's a fine person but you just don't think you're a good match or whatever.  Say, "We don't agree on a lot of things, I don't think it would work".  There are other ways to say it without being too hurtful and personal about it.  And I heard that in my time, too, and always appreciated it even if it was initially hard to take.  Sure, no one likes rejection, but women tend to hate guessing games and being led on even more. 

I once asked a guy I had dated for a short while that was suddenly starting to be evasive and unavailable point blank about how he felt about me and got a weasely "Will-ish" response - Even after I told him I could take it if he wasn't that into me and wanted to know so I didn't hold out hope if there was none!  If I could ask him that point blank why couldn't he give me a point blank answer?  No way was he trying to be "nice" in not doing so.  He was just trying to avoid owning his feelings and to keep his options open in case he had a change of heart in 10,000 years.  Which was IMO selfish behavior, not well intended towards me.

Point being, I still dont see any ASD from Will. I do know that ASD can be a touchy subject for some, and many people assume that shy/socially awkward = on the spectrum, which is inaccurate. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Point being, I still dont see any ASD from Will. I do know that ASD can be a touchy subject for some, and many people assume that shy/socially awkward = on the spectrum, which is inaccurate. 

I've already explained this, but I voiced ONE little offhand hunch that was NOT a diagnosis, although I did have some well thought out reasons for voicing it.  I did NOT have my flag planted on ASD hill AT ALL.  I said "I ALMOST WONDER IF HE ISN'T" or something very tentative like that. 

I am not "many people".  I would NEVER assume that shy and awkward necessarily equals "on the spectrum".  First of all, I am an introvert myself and hate it when people equate antisocial behavior with introversion.  Secondly, I have a Master's Degree in Psychology with straight As from a very good school so I know better.

More than a couple of my hunches posted here have later shown themselves to be correct but all I hear about is that ONE little tentative offhand musing I made that I wasn't even sure of nor would even defend much.  The only reason I defended it at all is because I had some serious reasons for thinking it, it wasn't just based on a careless assumption at all.

I am not enjoying this thread anymore and am seriously considering not posting here anymore.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Useful 2

I don't think Will is on the spectrum, I just think he checked out as soon as he found out Jasmine wanted him to pay all of the bills. At least he had the decency not to sleep with her because he knew he wasn't going to stay. Unlike Luke, who had sex with Kate even though he knew he wasn't into her and was going to stay after the 8 weeks...

• Love 8
On 4/13/2019 at 1:19 AM, Yeah No said:

Love this post. To me in real life I have seen men be evasive with women to stroke their own ego and keep their options open. It really has nothing to do with sparing her feelings. They don’t want the woman to move on and be at their beck and call.

Will lost me when he said he wanted to date Jas for a couple of years after their divorce...you can’t have it both ways.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Is anybody else (besides me of course) currently suffering from a case of tuesday night MAFS withdrawals? lmao

Raise your hand (ie heart) if you are already experiencing MAFS cravings hahaha

I would even heart my own post if this site would let me lol

Is it june yet? lmao hahaha lol 😂😂😂 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

You’d think AJ would use the reunion to rehab his image, but instead he seemed to double down, and he came off as even more of a jerk! (And I’ve been an AJ defender!)

• Love 1
13 hours ago, ladle said:

You’d think AJ would use the reunion to rehab his image, but instead he seemed to double down, and he came off as even more of a jerk! (And I’ve been an AJ defender!)

Poor AJ.  Wants to be funny and entertaining, but sometimes his joking falls flatter than the proverbial pancake.  He can be SO annoying.  Poor baby. 

That said, he hit the nail on the head when he said Luke was playing mind games with Kate.  It's what Luke does, because he thinks he's such a mental giant.  

Stephanie will always have her hands full with her husband.  Good thing she can distance herself when she knows he's getting pissy.  I could never be so patient.  

Will told it like it IS when he said a selfish person will end up revealing themselves even when they don't know they're selfish.  Of course, Jaz accused him of throwing "shade". 

WTF, JAZMINE.  Pay attention!  Get your eyes off of your own damn self for just a millisecond and consider how you are coming across (from your inside self) to other people!!!  You can hide shit from strangers, but for the most part, not the one who's living with you. 

I mean, her looks are okay, but she's no raving beauty queen.  IMO, anyway.   She really thinks she's hot stuff when carrying on about her sexy self when she went all out to seduce her husband and it didn't work.  

Will was just never that into her.  No chemistry.  No meeting of the minds.  He saw her.  Really saw her.  And he wasn't impressed.  It happens.  At least he didn't screw her over like Luke did to Kate. 

Few men I know like being told how they feel, what to think, what to do, how to do it...and when trying to express themselves are accused of throwing shade. 

K&K..  Yawners...but cute.  Keith is, as they say, smitten.  Kristine is the realist and hopefully can help keep Keith on track.  

I think ol' Will liked Kristine, too.  I noticed how he looked at her at the end of the reunion.  He never looked at Jaz that way.  😉 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

I think ol' Will liked Kristine, too.  I noticed how he looked at her at the end of the reunion.  He never looked at Jaz that way.  😉 

Will was probably thinking, "Damn Damn Damn!!!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

Will was probably thinking, "Damn Damn Damn!!!"

Well, I had to tape the damn thing, cuz I had a little surgery on the 9th and was in no shape to really give a flying flock about much of anything.   Pitiful, I tell ya. 

Anyway, I rewound it a few times for a variety of reasons and I don't think I imagined anything.  I'm kind of a realist...really.  ;) 

Jazmine turned and looked at him while he was looking at Kristine, too, but I'm not sure if she "got" it or not.  She thinks she's pretty hot stuff, so maybe, like with other things, she needed a catchers mitt as that sailed on by her limited attention span.  🤷‍♀️ 

She probably dismissed the idea if it even, ever entered her mind.  It would have entered mine, for dang sure.  Now, THAT look he gave Kristine was some shade to have a fuss about, Mz. JazMean.  MHO  ;)

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

Poor AJ.  Wants to be funny and entertaining, but sometimes his joking falls flatter than the proverbial pancake.  He can be SO annoying.  Poor baby. 

That said, he hit the nail on the head when he said Luke was playing mind games with Kate.  It's what Luke does, because he thinks he's such a mental giant.  

Stephanie will always have her hands full with her husband.  Good thing she can distance herself when she knows he's getting pissy.  I could never be so patient.  

Will told it like it IS when he said a selfish person will end up revealing themselves even when they don't know they're selfish.  Of course, Jaz accused him of throwing "shade". 

WTF, JAZMINE.  Pay attention!  Get your eyes off of your own damn self for just a millisecond and consider how you are coming across (from your inside self) to other people!!!  You can hide shit from strangers, but for the most part, not the one who's living with you. 

I mean, her looks are okay, but she's no raving beauty queen.  IMO, anyway.   She really thinks she's hot stuff when carrying on about her sexy self when she went all out to seduce her husband and it didn't work.  

Will was just never that into her.  No chemistry.  No meeting of the minds.  He saw her.  Really saw her.  And he wasn't impressed.  It happens.  At least he didn't screw her over like Luke did to Kate. 

Few men I know like being told how they feel, what to think, what to do, how to do it...and when trying to express themselves are accused of throwing shade. 

K&K..  Yawners...but cute.  Keith is, as they say, smitten.  Kristine is the realist and hopefully can help keep Keith on track.  

I wish I could love this more than once.  Maybe one reason why Jasmine was so angry is because she was not only rejected on decision day but she did/does consider herself better than Will. She clearly thinks she's beautiful (father has probably told her that her entire life and God help if she's the only daughter or only child). How could Will not want her? How dare he say he wants a divorce when she was willing to continue the marriage? I don't think she'll ever get it at this point. Really, there's no reason for her to examine this on any level before placing ALL the blame on Will because her family, friends and now her MAFS fans will tell her she's right about everything and Will is just dumb, lazy, cowardly, mentally unstable, broke, stingy, not man enough, etc. I'm SURE I missed a few from this very forum.

I didn't notice him looking at Kristine but I did see Kate gazing longingly at the married side. She was robbed of her chance at that and it's a shame. 

• Love 6

I noticed in the second or third episode, when they were in their bathing suits, Jasmine gave Kristine the side eye because she looked so cute in her bikini.  Will's eyes were probably popping out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I wish I could love this more than once.  Maybe one reason why Jasmine was so angry is because she was not only rejected on decision day but she did/does consider herself better than Will. She clearly thinks she's beautiful (father has probably told her that her entire life and God help if she's the only daughter or only child). How could Will not want her? How dare he say he wants a divorce when she was willing to continue the marriage? I don't think she'll ever get it at this point. Really, there's no reason for her to examine this on any level before placing ALL the blame on Will because her family, friends and now her MAFS fans will tell her she's right about everything and Will is just dumb, lazy, cowardly, mentally unstable, broke, stingy, not man enough, etc. I'm SURE I missed a few from this very forum.

I didn't notice him looking at Kristine but I did see Kate gazing longingly at the married side. She was robbed of her chance at that and it's a shame. 

2 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

The main thing I noticed about Will at the reunion was how he looked intrigued when they showed the flashbacks of Kate and Luke, which was in comparison to how horrified and concerned Jasmine, Kristine, Keith, AJ, and Steph looked. 

Will seems like the kind of guy who would put someone under a microscope just to see how they work.  He seems very analytical.  He seems to over-think a lot.  He wouldn't be my kind of guy, for dang sure.  LOL 

I need a quick wit and some honest lechery for me in my man.  😉  Call me old-fashioned, I want to melt into some safe, honest to God, loving, caring arms.  Otherwise I get cranky. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Soup333!  My post to you disappeared.  🤷‍♀️

Anyway, I felt awful for Kate from the get-go. 

Those experts and the production people can go pound sand.  Bunch of inept, bumbling fools the lot of them.  Jackals.  

Follow the $$$ and forget about the fall out for the humans who are being mentally experimented on and keep them there to be public fodder, no matter WHAT is said or done to them.   Makes me SO angry. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3