Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: Finale Reunion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ShowFan said:

Jasmine, he simply doesn’t like you. That’s that. 

You are so right.  What’s so hard to understand?  Why does everyone think Jasmine is the greatest and Will is making a mistake.  He was not interested in her from the beginning.  That’s his prerogative.  Pushing will not change his mind.  She was pushing also.

• Love 22
46 minutes ago, lids said:

Oh, we were allowed to post during the finale? I didn’t know! I totally would have been here!

But how are they affording a house when Keith has a low paying job and Kristine said they couldn’t take on the cost and responsibility of even a dog? ETA, I think it’s funny how some subconsciously link Kris with Will instead of Keith.

We seem to be rewriting the rules ha ha.

I think Kristine is a realtor - maybe she found a good house for them to buy, she makes more money than he does and she seems to call the shots.

Edited by endure
  • Love 10

I continue to think Luke is an ass, but Kate was very evasive too. She never explained why she kept coming on to Luke when he made it clear he wasn’t interested. I think they both are lying about things and just wanted to be on TV. And why was she still going to his place after decision day? Still don’t know if Luke is gay.

I don’t think either Jasmine or Will are wrong ( and Jasmine looked really lovely tonight) they just weren’t right for each other.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I continue to think Luke is an ass, but Kate was very evasive too. She never explained why she kept coming on to Luke when he made it clear he wasn’t interested. I think they both are lying about things and just wanted to be on TV. And why was she still going to his place after decision day? Still don’t know if Luke is gay.

I don’t think either Jasmine or Will are wrong ( and Jasmine looked really lovely tonight) they just weren’t right for each other.

It sounds like she went there the one time after decision day but they don't agree on what happened so, who knows. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, endure said:

Kate said Luke had asked her for the dirt on the other women, why? 

Probably because he knew the grooms and was wondering what their wives were like.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

When asked if there's a chance they'll get back together, Will says:

"Well, umm, ummmm...."

Such a romantic and articulate guy!  lol

I have decided that they must tape each of them going "um . . . um" and staring into space so they can insert it when they want to go to commercials.  It's become ridiculously obvious this season.

1 hour ago, aphroditewitch said:

So between the ages of 18 and 31 Luke never changed his Facebook profile? He is the worst liar.

Someone on here called it that he would blame it on a friend 😄 

49 minutes ago, Melig8r said:

Their big news is buying a house - how in the hell is that BIG NEWS that needs to be teased all show?

Especially after the host grilled the 2 married couples quite thoroughly on their kid planning/contraceptive use!

I think Luke is very used to being dickish and then acting oblique and staring and giving his Mona Lisa smile until other people get uncomfortable and either change the subject or ignore him.  He certainly expected to play his appearance on this season one way; he probably thought Kate would have been embarrassed to repeat things like "repulsed and dead inside" on camera.  And I loved the host tonight who didn't let Luke get away with that at all!!

• Love 23
6 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

It sounds like she went there the one time after decision day but they don't agree on what happened so, who knows. 

Yes it was only the one time but why was she seeking him out at all? I’m beginning to think Kate was overly needy and constantly pushing Luke for sex and affection. Doesn’t mean he wasn’t a jerk about it but I think those two were so secretive we will never know the truth.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

Yes it was only the one time but why was she seeking him out at all? I’m beginning to think Kate was overly needy and constantly pushing Luke for sex and affection. Doesn’t mean he wasn’t a jerk about it but I think those two were so secretive we will never know the truth.

I don't think she was pushing him the way he tries to make it seem. He tried to make her sound like a crazy nympho. Luke has issues with sex and he projected those issues onto Kate but in a way onto the others too. 

Edited by aphroditewitch
  • Love 18

So I wanted to hear more about Kate and her 40 reasons she thinks Luke is gay list.   They kind of glossed over it, but it sounded like she made of list of “gay” things about Luke prior to them having sex?  It was very weirdly edited.   Luke inexcusably treated her like crap, but I’m not so sure she was the model wife either.  

• Love 15

I felt terrible for Kate all season. But seeing the finale and hearing that she continued to have sex with a man who would go cry it out after each encounter just makes her look crazy. I think after the first time he said he felt dead inside and repulsed, I would have been done. There would have been no 60/40. Especially if her cousin had already told her that he’s possibly gay and she was making a list about it. The cackling was a little bit over the top and I’m not sure why she was trying so hard to turn the other women against him by saying he asked for dirt on them. So what? A lot of couples have private conversation about other couples and she could have kept that between them at least. It made her look bad to mention it. Of all the shit Luke put her through, she didn’t have to bring up petty gossip from their time off camera. He already looks bad. Don’t stoop to his level, Kate. They both have some serious issues. 

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, After7Only said:

So I wanted to hear more about Kate and her 40 reasons she thinks Luke is gay list.   They kind of glossed over it, but it sounded like she made of list of “gay” things about Luke prior to them having sex?  It was very weirdly edited.   Luke inexcusably treated her like crap, but I’m not so sure she was the model wife either.  

I was confused about that too. Almost sounded like she did it on the honeymoon?? But maybe it was later and she just started adding things up and made a list?

I felt for her experience because Luke is The Worst, but I felt like Kate really wanted/needed a confrontation with him to set the record straight and get maybe get some form of closure. She was so angry with him she had to check herself more than a few times. I get it but I don’t even think I’d have wanted his lying ass apology. None of it was sincere. Nothing. 

• Love 11

No doubt there was something strange about Kate too.  I personally could not have had sex with Luke after the "repulsed and dead inside" comment, plus thinking he might be gay.  Like why would she continue to let herself be hurt over and over again?  I always had this feeling that she was cutting herself off from her feelings.  I almost felt like she was treating him like a casual hook up after realizing it was not going to work as a marriage.  Like she just wanted to get something out of it since she seemed to find him so attractive.  But why do that to yourself?  She just seemed so disassociated from her feelings and I still don't know what's up with that.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Like she just wanted to get something out of it since she seemed to find him so attractive.  

I guess there is a lid for every pot. You know how AJ always says Stephanie is his sexy AF wife? To me Luke is ugly AF. Idk what Kate found so appealing.  I like beards so that was not it. His behavior made him even uglier.

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

No doubt there was something strange about Kate too.  I personally could not have had sex with Luke after the "repulsed and dead inside" comment, plus thinking he might be gay.  Like why would she continue to let herself be hurt over and over again?  I always had this feeling that she was cutting herself off from her feelings.  I almost felt like she was treating him like a casual hook up after realizing it was not going to work as a marriage.  Like she just wanted to get something out of it since she seemed to find him so attractive.  But why do that to yourself?  She just seemed so disassociated from her feelings and I still don't know what's up with that.

I incorrectly read that as "cutting herself with her feelings" but that might not have been far off from what she was doing. Some people seek validation from people who hurt them. Kind of like when a person loses weight and then hopes that someone who bullied them for being fat will notice and compliment them and apologize. Eventually a person has to realize that when a bully or abuser attacks you, it is not about something being wrong with you, something is wrong with the bully or abuser. I think it took Kate time to recognize that Luke's cruel treatment was not about her, it was because he is fucked up. 

Edited by aphroditewitch
  • Love 14
39 minutes ago, After7Only said:

From what I can tell,  she was looking for clues once the cousin gave her the heads up about the Facebook profile saying he was interested in men and women.

I don't blame Kate for keeping some notes.  I'd have done the same. I wouldn't have written them down, but I sure as hell would've made a mental list.

Luke asking Kate if she thought he was gay right after the first time they had sex was probably 39 out of the 40 items written on her list. I mean c'mon, Luke! lol

• LOL 8
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, kanona29 said:

From what I can tell,  she was looking for clues once the cousin gave her the heads up about the Facebook profile saying he was interested in men and women.

I don't blame Kate for keeping some notes.  I'd have done the same. I wouldn't have written them down, but I sure as hell would've made a mental list.

Luke asking Kate if she thought he was gay right after the first time they had sex was probably 39 out of the 40 items written on her list. I mean c'mon, Luke! lol

You mean she had to have her cousin tell her about the Facebook thing before she realized he might be gay?  I was making my own mental list from the first time I saw Puke on the screen, LOL.

I can just imagine she saw far more things than we did.  She mentioned that he has a lot of gay male friends.  None of these things by themselves means anything but who asks a woman after sex if she thinks he's gay if he's not gay, and then does all those other things too?

Mr. Yeah No said no straight guy would ever put himself down on social media as gay or bisexual if he wasn't, and I didn't buy Puke's excuses for why it was there.

Who cares what he is, just be freaking HONEST.  Plus it does matter if his orientation is what is keeping him from finding Kate attractive.  We won't ever know that, but it is a possibility.  I've heard of gay people that can find the rare person of the opposite sex attractive but only very specific physical types will do it for them.  And we already knew he was kind of picky and only really liked "exotic" looking women, so that might be it. 

Plus I always thought his mother said the show was making a mockery of marriage when she really meant her SON was, because she probably knows he's gay (if he is gay and not bisexual).

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

I dislike Luke for obvious reasons, but I also dislike Kate. I think she enjoys playing the victim, "Woe is me. My husband doesn't find me attractive and says mean things to me. Excuse me while I go have sex with him."

Did you notice her reaction after he apologized and hugged her? She was downright giddy...giggle, bounce. She probably showed up at his place later that night. Drunk.

• LOL 2
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, Blissfool said:

I dislike Luke for obvious reasons, but I also dislike Kate. I think she enjoys playing the victim, "Woe is me. My husband doesn't find me attractive and says mean things to me. Excuse me while I go have sex with him."

Did you notice her reaction after he apologized and hugged her? She was downright giddy...giggle, bounce. She probably showed up at his place later that night. Drunk.

Weird, to me she clearly cringed after the hug. 

• Love 20

I 100% do not blame Kate for keeping a list of things that seemed off about Luke, since I’m sure the “experts”/production/Luke were doing their best to gaslight her into staying in that hellmouth of a marriage. I mean it’s clear from the later episodes of the season that it wasn’t really effective for maintaining her sanity but I totally understand her trying.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I figured it would be Dump on Luke night, but I've always liked him better than Kate, even though he acted assholish at times.  I am glad that he apologized to her though.  

I don't know if he's gay or bi and I really don't care, but I do think he's a decent guy.  He just shouldn't have done this show.

Kate can go kick rocks.

My head almost exploded at the thought of Luke being seen as a decent guy by anyone. He sucks and Kate was a doormat. I choose death over either of them but Luke is one of the most repugnant people I have ever seen.

• LOL 2
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Because he’s a yenta, like a woman.

Guys are bigger gossips than women most of the time. I am one. It's no secret how gossipy and catty dudes can be. Gay or straight. 

This was a super non issue I don't even think was worth discussing. He wanted to dish about the strangers he just met with his wife. It's the most human thing I've seen him do.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Same. And if I was Stephanie, I would have been very turned off by his dumb jokes. 

A.J. has a personality that's not for everyone.

10 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Annoying clip: AJ doing the Lamaze breathing at the wedding. 

10 hours ago, Soup333 said:

If I never see this again I can die happy. 

I think A.J. was the most nervous groom I've ever seen! But, again, what matters is that Stephanie loves him and he loves her, "dad bod" and all. They've always had great chemistry together, despite all the blowups. (And really --A.J. *wasn't* wrong about Production being a real pain or about Puke being a real douche!!)

• Love 15

Jasmine was gorgeous in this finale, not that she was ever something to sneeze at.  But she showed up to set looking like a rich Ferrero Rocher in its golden wrapper.  (*googles women's+yellow+blazers for gifts*)

AJ and Stephanie seemed worlds apart from where they were during the show.  The whole "do this to my face when I'm over the top" was annoying when I first heard it because I could definitely see someone saying to do that and then getting mad when you actually do... but apparently yes, he actually does become self-aware and shut up when she does that to his face.  She should've done it while he was bitching about production so we could see it in action. 

Keith and Stephanie seem very similar in that they both wanted their marriages to work and were willing to compromise (translation: keep their mouths shut) regarding a great many things to get there, so for me it's no surprise that those two and their respective spouses were on the winning side of the experiment.

• Love 16
Just now, VedaPierce said:

Wasn’t there a preview or commercial for the reunion before it aired of Luke getting up and walking off the set? Or did I dream that?

This is the first reunion of any show I've ever watched where someone didn't walk/storm off the set.

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
57 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Why did Luke ask Kate on their honeymoon to dish the dirt on the other brides?

Because Lukewarm would have rather gossiped with Kate than been a husband. 

You’re on a honeymoon with a stranger, shouldn’t your priorities be getting to know your new spouse? I love to dish with my husband but I found him wanting to get the dirt on the other seemingly pleasant ladies, so quickly, off putting. It seemed over the top catty to me, and off kilter. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

But this is in regard to a show matchmaking strangers. Sexual orientation is pretty huge & could easily be a deal breaker for someone, so IMO it does disqualify them if the 'experts' truly want to avoid any potential issues (we know they don't always do this, but technically, they should).

Boy, these “experts” have to go.  Right off the bat, A.J. Was hyper, Luke was weird, Jasmine & Will had different ideas about money.  They couldn’t pick these things up when they interviewed?  That’s their job, and they just can’t get it.  Get new experts.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

You’re on a honeymoon with a stranger, shouldn’t your priorities be getting to know your new spouse? I love to dish with my husband but I found him wanting to get the dirt on the other seemingly pleasant ladies, so quickly, off putting. It seemed over the top catty to me, and off kilter. 

To be fair, everything about Luke is off kilter. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Keith is funny. 

I *really* hope AJ has calmed down now that they’re in the real world. 

I feel sorry for Kate. I think Jasmine is close to her and I’m happy for that. 

Keith is adorable and a good guy.  Kristene did good. A.J. Is a loud mouth, but I think Stephanie will straighten him out if he wants to stay married.  Kate finally found her voice and will be o.k.  She has another boyfriend now, and God willing will get married.  Will we ever find out how they all are doing in the future?  Oh, and Luke’s Mother must be humiliated.  Ouch.

• Love 8

I hope the truth about Luke comes out now that the show is over but I do understand that it is none of my business. This gossip site has the breakdown of what allegedly happened at the finale and it appears that Luke was saying that his friend jokingly created a second Facebook page for Luke when they were teens where it said that Luke was gay. That Facebook was never taken down. Knowing that birds of a feather stick together, I guess it is possible that Luke’s friends are as douchey as he is and they play stupid pranks on each other. One of Luke’s friends should either deny or confirm this accusation if they actually care about him.

I did notice that when people were circulating that picture of the Facebook page of a man saying he was in a relationship with Luke, that particular guy used his Facebook to say he’s in a relationship with different people. Someone else showed a screenshot of that guy’s page saying he was in a relationship with a woman. So was the status real and does Facebook allow you to link yourself to other people’s profiles without their consent?

The sympathetic part of me feels a little bit bad for Luke. True, he’s a trash human bean, but he clearly has some screws loose. Even if he’s a narcissist, which is speculation, that’s a disorder that causes problems in the sufferer as well as the people they prey upon. Why does reality TV always choose these people and seemingly never get them emotional help? I mean, I know the answer but still, these are some severely messed up situations and I feel bad for Luke, worse for Kate.

Edited by lids
Edited to fix link
  • Love 3

LOVE Kevin Frazier.  He was the host of MAFS's first season with Cortney and Jamie and the rest.  Wish these crazy reality shows would look for him more often. 

Whatever made Luke think being on this program would be a good move, business-wise or otherwise, should have been re-thunk.  This reunion didn't help his cause at all.  Only good thing I could say about him is that trimming that thing on his face made him look less ZZ Top which I thought was an improvement.  The two of them were quite something...

I still don't like AJ, even a little bit.  The fact that a 37 year old guy comes with instructions on how to handle him when he gets nasty (or fustrated, as he loves to say) annoys me.  He did it again last night when he was defending his mini-moon behavior - wouldn't anyone be annoyed with the group scene? or however he said it.  Production had nothing to do him shutting her down on the way to the airport nor shutting her down when he wanted to eat during the football game nor the evil shower caddy.  He's nasty to her.  I don't have to like him, though; she does.  I don't know how she does it, a lifetime of trying not to detonate this clown, being embarrassed by him when he's an ass around other humans... Ugh.  Good luck to her with that, 

Keith and Kristine were pretty cute together. 

I've defended Will and was feeling Free Willy! all season but his responses seemed all over the place last night.  I still think she has serious pain in the butt tendencies and that they're not a match but I wish he had articulated his stance better. 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, lids said:

I hope the truth about Luke comes out now that the show is over but I do understand that it is none of my business. This gossip site has the breakdown of what allegedly happened at the finale and it appears that Luke was saying that his friend jokingly created a second Facebook page for Luke when they were teens where it said that Luke was gay. That Facebook was never taken down. Knowing that birds of a feather stick together, I guess it is possible that Luke’s friends are as douchey as he is and they play stupid pranks on each other. One of Luke’s friends should either deny or confirm this accusation if they actually care about him.

I did notice that when people were circulating that picture of the Facebook page of a man saying he was in a relationship with Luke, that particular guy used his Facebook to say he’s in a relationship with different people. Someone else showed a screenshot of that guy’s page saying he was in a relationship with a woman. So was the status real and does Facebook allow you to link yourself to other people’s profiles without their consent?

The sympathetic part of me feels a little bit bad for Luke. True, he’s a trash human bean, but he clearly has some screws loose. Even if he’s a narcissist, which is speculation, that’s a disorder that causes problems in the sufferer as well as the people they prey upon. Why does reality TV always choose these people and seemingly never get them emotional help? I mean, I know the answer but still, these are some severely messed up situations and I feel bad for Luke, worse for Kate.

The full truth about what motivated Luke to be on the show and what motivates him to lie so much will possibly never get revealed. Luke can't handle when people don't believe him as we saw in his exchange with Kevin Frazier. He really hates that Kate is no longer one of his marks and is laughing at him. 

There is a lot of speculation about what is going on with Luke's Facebook. Some people think he and his friends changed it recently to mess with people. Which is possible, when the picture of Luke pouring drinks at a younger age leaked, he and his friends were making a lot of gross comments. Luke's friends seem to be just like him, so we will never get a clear answer from them either. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

How have they gotten feedback when the show hadn't aired yet at this point...

...especially since supposedly the cast was instructed to keep their social media private.

11 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Oops! Thanks, I fixed it. 

I just rewatched the Kate and Luke segment. So awkward. And strange.  He went on this show to be on TV. I think I’m done with this show, this season was awful. 

I think I am pretty much done with the show after this season as well.

7 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

The full truth about what motivated Luke to be on the show and what motivates him to lie so much will possibly never get revealed. Luke can't handle when people don't believe him as we saw in his exchange with Kevin Frazier. He really hates that Kate is no longer one of his marks and is laughing at him. 

There is a lot of speculation about what is going on with Luke's Facebook. Some people think he and his friends changed it recently to mess with people. Which is possible, when the picture of Luke pouring drinks at a younger age leaked, he and his friends were making a lot of gross comments. Luke's friends seem to be just like him, so we will never get a clear answer from them either. 

Luke should have been called out for that too!

• Love 5
9 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

Weird, to me she clearly cringed after the hug. 

To me, the apology and hug were producer driven.  I don’t think either Luke or Kate were sincere in that moment.  The show wanted it to wind up on a more positive note. 

• Love 3

But how are they affording a house when Keith has a low paying job and Kristine said they couldn’t take on the cost and responsibility of even a dog? 

I don't remember Kristine saying they couldn't afford a dog but good for her if she did. They are expensive. Maybe the reason they can afford a house is because they don't spend their money on other things.

If the Philly area is anything like where I live, mortgage is often the same or less than a monthly rental payment. If they were both saving and had a down payment, and if they are planning to stay in the house for at least five years, it makes good financial sense for them to buy. 

I think that so much of the Kate we saw on the show is the Kate that resulted from Luke's gaslighting and manipulation. I think Kate wanted a successful marriage so badly that she was a prime target for Luke, who is a master manipulator. Kate herself said that he made her crazy during their marriage. As much as I would like to say "I would never do this" or "I would never stay in this situation" - I have no idea what it's like to want to be married so badly, then be set up with someone who is perfect on paper, and then have to live with that person in an emotionally manipulative environment 24/7. 

All the evidence I really needed was seeing Kate with Luke versus Kate without Luke. Two totally different people. I hope Kate finds someone who makes her happy and continues to be joyous and successful in life.

I don't know what to hope for as far as Luke. Part of me says that someone as manipulative and cold as he is must be desperately unhappy. As Drogo noted, maybe there was some significant childhood trauma; if that is the case, I hope he gets help for the after effects. He's a person and I suppose that alone means he deserves to be healthy and happy. I just really hope he doesn't drag anyone else into his web of dysfunction until he gets there.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, lids said:

But how are they affording a house when Keith has a low paying job and Kristine said they couldn’t take on the cost and responsibility of even a dog? ETA, I think it’s funny how some subconsciously link Kris with Will instead of Keith.

They might have purchased either a fixer upper or a foreclosure. People like Kristine who work in real estate are always able to find good deals for themselves on a property. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Can someone help me out here? Maybe someone understood better!!

Luke said his Facebook page said he  likes men or both men and women, I can't remember. He also said it was done as a joke during college. So my questions are

1) if it was done was a joke in college, why does it still say that at least 10 years later?

2) did the experts not even look at his Facebook page?

• Love 1