Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Chapter Seventeen: The Missionaries

• Start Topic

(edited)

Bye Wesley!

It'll be interesting to see if Sabrina's new powers stick around or whether they're Deus ex Machinaed away.

I loved that neither Ambrose nor Hilda were fooled by the glamours, and that Hilda managed to get Ambrose materials for a (literal) skeleton key and that he knew what to do with them.

Edited by pootlus
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, pootlus said:

I loved that neither Ambrose nor Hilda were fooled by the glamours, and that Hilda managed to get Ambrose materials for a (literal) skeleton key and that he knew what to do with them.

Me too.  Loved it that neither one was fooled.

Actually have been enjoying Hilda a lot this season.  That throwaway line about tossing the chicken bones at Ambrose was actually part of a careful plan she had put together to help him escape.

I like the super powered Sabrina.  Makes things more interesting.

• Love 3

What a load of horse crackers! I am really not enjoying what I am seeing. I can't really see me rooting for anyone at the moment. Why am I thinking we should rid the earth of all Witches and while we are at it all Angels as well. Is that the feelings the show was trying to convey. I am guessing that the imagery suggests that Sabrina is the daughter of Satan? Christ took 3 days to resurrect, Sabrina took 3 minutes? 3 more episodes, stay strong man, you can do it!

• Love 1
On 4/7/2019 at 6:00 PM, LadyChaos said:

I have to be honest, Im getting sick of Harvey.  He constantly ridicules Sabrina, and blames her for everything.  Then tells treats her like crap for staying away.

I really don't think Harvey is ever really going to forgive Sabrina for putting him in the position to shoot his souless zombie brother down like Old Yeller.

Anyway, damn, Spencer Treat Clark really is making the rounds these days. Good for him. His shark-like eyes really worked for his part.

• Love 2

I binged the whole season, so maybe that's making the story feel accelerated to me, but I don't get how Lilith went from "Who's this random dude?" to "I love him like whoa" in such a short span of time.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I really don't think Harvey is ever really going to forgive Sabrina for putting him in the position to shoot his souless zombie brother down like Old Yeller.

Anyway, damn, Spencer Treat Clark really is making the rounds these days. Good for him. His shark-like eyes really worked for his part.

Im actually hoping she ends up with Nick, I think he is far more suited for Sabrina.  Im actually wondering if Harvey if Harvey might not be fully human though.  The Witch Hunters we saw in this ep, were Angels.  Harvey comes from a long line of Witch Hunters. I don't trust that if Harvey's dad found out that witches were real, that he would make Harvey choose.  We can all see how well Harvey stands up to his father.

9 hours ago, SourK said:

I binged the whole season, so maybe that's making the story feel accelerated to me, but I don't get how Lilith went from "Who's this random dude?" to "I love him like whoa" in such a short span of time.

It did seem fast, but Lilith's whole arc this season has been realizing that she's been in this shitty abusive relationship that's 100,000 years in the making and that Lucifer has been lying to her the whole time. I don't think Lilith really loved Adam, but she loved being adored, appreciated, and admired. So I think her deciding to go to Tibet with Adam was really her saying "Fuck it! Doing exactly what Lucifer wants has gotten me nowhere. Why the fuck not. I'll go to Tibet."

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't think Lilith really loved Adam, but she loved being adored, appreciated, and admired.

Yep. She loved being loved. It's something she's not experienced in thousands of years, probably since original Adam, but that didn't work out. lol 

I do feel like Lilith's arc was rushed, but that could be because I love her and would love to have seen more of it. I am glad they gave her some progress/growth this time around. Unlike Blackwell, she's the kind of villain I find fascinating to watch, partly because Michelle Gomez was killing it, but also because she was more made a villain than just born evil. It adds a hint of tragedy to her that someone like Blackwell lacks. He's just a cartoon character villain at this point. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

It did seem fast, but Lilith's whole arc this season has been realizing that she's been in this shitty abusive relationship that's 100,000 years in the making and that Lucifer has been lying to her the whole time.

What! What! What!!!! Lilith, or the Earth for that matter, isn't that old, especially in the context of this story.

• Love 1

I don't think we have nearly enough information about this world to conclude that this world operates on a strict creationist timeline, an evolutionary timeline, or a weird hybrid of the two. The show pulls stuff from all kinds of folklore. Sooooooo I'm choosing to believe that it's a secret history grafted on top of an evolutionary timeline.

Awww, I loved that both Hilda and Ambrose realized that they weren't actually talking to each other. Nice try, Weird sisters.

Although I'm glad that Dr. Cerberus was able to save Hilda from the witch hunters, I don't love that he and his incubus are being used like that.

Ha, Dorian shot up on my list of favorite Sabrina characters just for "YOU BITCH!"

Poor Lilith. Satan has been lying to her, leading her on, making all kinds of promises that he doesn't keep, being emotionally manipulative and abusive, and generally being a DICK. Just a few episodes ago, he said, "Are you humbled now, Lilith? Lest you forget, I always win." Those are not the words who respects or likes his (subservient) partner. Those are the words of someone who wants to remind the little woman that she will always be under his thumb. 

Lilith finally found someone who was kind to her and then had to eat him. Blech. Maybe Adam wasn't her perfect match, but at least he wasn't an outright dick to her all the time. After thousands of years of putting up with Satan's bull shit, no wonder she ended up liking Adam.

I'm glad that at least Theo remembered that Sabrina is their friend. It was ridiculous to me that Roz and Harvey even considered that Sabrina caused Roz to go blind (especially since Roz KNEW this was going to happen to her from the very beginning of the show).

How did Blackwood know that Luke was dead? Did the angel missionary guy send Luke’s head to him in a box? Is Blackwood demented enough to send witch hunters after his own students so that he can use the attacks to justify changing church policies? 

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

How did Blackwood know that Luke was dead? Did the angel missionary guy send Luke’s head to him in a box? Is Blackwood demented enough to send witch hunters after his own students so that he can use the attacks to justify changing church policies? 

Good point. I didn't think about that. Maybe Luke was suppose to contact with him on some specific days etc. and after he didn't he assumed he died. It actually agrees with Blackwood's nature. He only cares about himself so I don't expect him to look for Luke.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, lorbeer said:

Good point. I didn't think about that. Maybe Luke was suppose to contact with him on some specific days etc. and after he didn't he assumed he died. It actually agrees with Blackwood's nature. He only cares about himself so I don't expect him to look for Luke.

I could totally buy that Blackwood would assume that the only possible reason Luke wouldn't get in contact with his Greatness is that he must be dead. And yeah, he wouldn't waste time or money sending anyone to look for him. Luke was replaceable as are all people that aren't boys with Blackwood blood running through their veins. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I could totally buy that Blackwood would assume that the only possible reason Luke wouldn't get in contact with his Greatness is that he must be dead. And yeah, he wouldn't waste time or money sending anyone to look for him. Luke was replaceable as are all people that aren't boys with Blackwood blood running through their veins. 

Totally. And we didn't actually see Luke dying. Only 'almost' dying if I remember correctly. So there's a chance we'll see him again.  I don't miss him, though.

• Love 1

Spencer Treat Clark did a great job of playing uber-creepy missionary and completely making me forget the crush I'd developed during Glass

I love Harvey. Trying to help Sabrina, being all brave and good-hearted and shocked by all this weirdness. "Did he say 'ghost children?'" "Did he just disappear?"

• Love 3

Harvey is still really trying to get used to all of this craziness. "Did you just say ghost children?" "Did he just disappear?" Quentin sure is a helpful ghost kid! 

Lilith might be evil, but I am totally rooting for her to take Satan down a few pegs, take his spot as leader of Hell, and generally get her groove back. Adam gave her a taste of what a real, healthy relationship can be like, and than Satan took it away from her in the most brutal way possible. I mean, that was nasty, even by this shows standards.

Harvey and Roz suddenly deciding that Sabrina was evil and cursed Roz seemed super random, at least Theo reminded them that Sabrina is their friend and not some kind of vengeful witch monster. 

Spencer Treat Clark was great as the angel missionary, his super dark shark eyes were very well used here. And apparently Dorcas caught some feelings for the dorky warlock that he deflowered!

Love that both Ambrose and Hilda realized that it wasnt the other one, and that Hilda totally had a plan to help Ambrose get away, and he knew what she was really doing. 

• Love 3

I need this show to pick a POV and keep it. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to both see the Dark Lord as this fount of truly evil, evilness AND see the Witchhunters as horrible evil for treating the Satanic witches as the... well, in fact actually evil Satanic witches and warlocks that they are.

Also, if these Witchhunters are angels, why were they taken down so easily by Dorian/Nick and Hilda/incubus? I didn't buy for a second that they would have recited the devil's prayer because they're true believers/literal angels, and obviously they were just going to be killed anyway! 

I'm assuming future episodes will explain why Sabrina came back to life and resurrected other people, but I don't love that she has god-like abilities out of the blue. 

Still uninterested in Sabrina's mortal friends. I also think Theo has very questionable morality. I love how he thinks Sabrina non-consensually using magic is a sign of her being good just because he likes the results. And the whole basketball thing remains ridiculous given how petite Lachlan is. I also found it kind of weird how it didn't seem to occur to any of them--even Theo--that they could reach out to Sabrina instead of just waiting for her to show up at Baxter. (and why wouldn't Roz think to ask Sabrina about removing the Walker woman curse? Why wouldn't Sabrina have thought to look into that?)

• Love 2