Type keyword(s) to search

Austen Kroll: Charleston's Brewer-preneur

• Start Topic

Oh so he's going to use being on the show to sell some cheesy tour to people who visit the city, because of the show, among other reasons.

More power to him if it works out for him.

I wonder if Bravo will bother featuring the bus and his business.  They let JD mention "Gentry" every chance he got, as well as the previous name of that restaurant.

But they didn't show the logo or branding too much.  

Best Austen could hope for is to mention the tour name a few times and get people to Google.  Better have a better website up and running when the season airs, better than "Roam."

• Love 2
2 hours ago, scrb said:

Oh so he's going to use being on the show to sell some cheesy tour to people who visit the city, because of the show, among other reasons.

Based on his IG this is a new thing so won’t make the show until next year. 

On 6/7/2019 at 2:57 PM, chewycandy said:

I was watching The Nanny earlier and think Austen resembles the actor who played Mr. Sheffield. 

Take it back!  Maxwell would nevah!!

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

He’s launching when the show is not filming the event?

Or will he have another launch party when the show is filming?

Does he have enough IG followers to make a difference?

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, scrb said:

He’s launching when the show is not filming the event?

Or will he have another launch party when the show is filming?

Does he have enough IG followers to make a difference?

They are just launching in Charleston so I don’t know that filming would make a big difference. If he has any influence in the local beer scene the word will get out to beer fans who are great at getting out the word through targeted emails and message boards. Beer people know when things are released to a degree that is only surpassed by sneaker heads.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Beer people know when things are released to a degree that is only surpassed by sneaker heads.

Yep: admittedly snooty beer person here who even ventures to Great American Beer Festival annually. I tried it at his booth this past Spring at the Charleston Wine & Food Festival. It was actually quite nice! Great flavor profile and good starting ABV levels; a lighter take on a hoppier classic. He was happy to discuss it with us hopheads and mentioned he was hoping to “develop more varieties in time.” But agreed, none of us who keep up with new breweries/beers have heard any buzz from this one beyond the random Bravolebrity circles—-like any Housewife/Bravolebrity “brand” out there, he didn’t have a damned thing to do with the actual development process—-he’s literally just lending his name/input to a product and is endorsing it.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Is King’s Calling Brewing Austen’s company’s name or the brewer who actually makes the stuff?

I know he goes by ‘Kroll the Warrior King” on social media, so I’m guessing it was a play on his nickname and beer brewing being his “calling.” He hired a brewery up in Greenville, SC to specifically brew it for him and he suggested a few fruity flavors to make it “his” beer.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I don't understand how he still only has one beer.  He has been pushing this one beer for coming up on like two years now. You're not going to make a lot of money selling ONE craft beer.  Breweries usually have at least at a MINIMUM like six beers.  

Edited by iloveit
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, iloveit said:

I don't understand how he still only has one beer.  He has been pushing this one beer for coming up on like two years now. You're not going to make a lot of money selling ONE craft beer.  Breweries usually have at least at a MINIMUM like six beers.  

Because he is not a brewery and doesn’t have the funds to get some one to brew a bunch of different ones. Also, according to the above poster it isn’t even his beer he is just promoting it.

• Love 1
On 8/1/2019 at 1:41 PM, biakbiak said:

Because he is not a brewery and doesn’t have the funds to get some one to brew a bunch of different ones. Also, according to the above poster it isn’t even his beer he is just promoting it.

TBF to muppet mouth, It is his beer. He's not just lending his name. King's Calling is his company. 

But yes, he doesn't have his own brewery, so I assume that unless this trop hop takes off like a bazooka, it'll be hard to justify to the brewery he's outsourcing this to to make him lots of different beers. 

11 hours ago, ProudMary said:

Just how many Launch Parties is Austen having?  This one on Saturday, is the third one I'm aware of.
"SOUTHERN CHARM'S" AUSTEN KROLL BRINGS TROP HOP LAUNCH PARTY TO THE ALLEY

Why else would you get into craft beer if not for the parties???

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, slowpoked said:

TBF to muppet mouth, It is his beer. He's not just lending his name. King's Calling is his company. 

I was going by what the post said up thread who met him and had tasted the beer that King’s Calling isn’t his. From upthread:

On 7/19/2019 at 9:18 PM, Sun-Bun said:

Bravolebrity circles—-like any Housewife/Bravolebrity “brand” out there, he didn’t have a damned thing to do with the actual development process—-he’s literally just lending his name/input to a product and is endorsing it.

• Love 1