Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

So I just managed to watch season 16 all in one day (yes, I'm bored) and I actually really enjoyed the entire season. I'm pretty sure they picked the right 36 in the end!

I'd have cut a few earlier than they did (Ashley, Kya, Ava) and kept a couple a bit longer (Bre, Kylie, Presley).

I also thought SG should've been switched a bit too (replace Kat and Darian with Jada and Lea).

Other than that, I thought it was good to see more interaction between the rookies and vets as well as much more dancing!

• Love 2

I've been rewatching the season Kashara makes point, Holly gets in trouble and Jenna loses point.  I just finished the Jenna and Holly get called in episode.

Kashara was a bright light and I could see why they went to her for leadership.  Great with making Yuko feel comfortable on the calendar shoot, getting people up to dance, her solo, her at show group audition, and her working with the rookies and Melissa, etc.

Milan's encounter with Kitty was not as bad as people like to say.  Kitty asked why she did not try out for show group.  After Milan talked about school, she told her she should brag about her 4.0 and just wanted to know why she did not try out for show group.  And I'm still not a Milan fan.

Holly and Jenna were great dancers.  They both messed up bad and both of them just thought they would never get called out for it cause they were good.  Holly lied to their faces and Kelli should have gone with the first thought and said she was gone.  the comment afterwards that she had fun says everything.  They came across as little girls with the attitude they're too good to be called out.

and Erin and Madeline M. have come along way from their first training camp.

Of course seeing Alexandria there in camp, what a waste.  I believe she wanted to make it and never had long term plans to be there.

Sadly Brennan's solo that season was much better than what she did. in the bubble.

then Gina...........she was so thirsty and arrogant her first year.  So glad she grew up some and became a team player.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

Milan's encounter with Kitty was not as bad as people like to say.  Kitty asked why she did not try out for show group.  After Milan talked about school, she told her she should brag about her 4.0 and just wanted to know why she did not try out for show group.  And I'm still not a Milan fan.

I don't care about Milan much, but I didn't think that encounter was made to be a huge deal afterwards. Idk. Lol. I did think it was weird that she started crying just because Kitty asked why she didn't try out. But Milan did claim on that podcast that Kitty also asked if she thought she was too good for show group. So then I understood why she would get upset over that, because that's rude and what not. 

• Love 6
(edited)
8 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I do too. I believe she does the podcast with a former Sea Gals teammate. 

Did you listen to her lastest podcast episode with quinton the first male rams cheerleader

Edited by Holly85
2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Did you listen to her lastest podcast episode with quinton the first male rams cheerleader

I've only listened to a few so I didn't catch that one. I found this one about MTT on youtube when looking for some other MTT epsiode.

Just now, MrsEVH said:

I've only listened to a few so I didn't catch that one. I found this one about MTT on youtube when looking for some other MTT epsiode.

I’m really sad her podcasts will be ending at episode 100 

• Sad 1
9 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Why is this called Late Lamented Show now? I haven’t been here in awhile. 

CMT did not renew the show. Kelli et al were reported to be shopping for another network/platform, but there don't seem to be any takers so far and they don't appear to be filming this season's training camp (at least like nothing in the past) -- so no show this season and maybe forever more.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

In Season 3, who's the retired DCC that teaches the choreo? I can't for the life of me remember her name!!! HELP! Thx

Was it Megan  Fox?

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

CMT did not renew the show. Kelli et al were reported to be shopping for another network/platform, but there don't seem to be any takers so far and they don't appear to be filming this season's training camp (at least like nothing in the past) -- so no show this season and maybe forever more.

Oh ok. That makes sense. It’s probably for the best. I’ve often wondered how long this show can keep going. IMO it changed after season 7 and not for the best. 

• Love 3

I’ve had the Pluto DCC channel on as background noise today and I’ve caught a few early appearances of our favorites — ones where they didn’t even make finals.

So I was wondering… Has there ever been someone who didn’t make it past prelims on their first try who eventually made it to finals or even training camp? 

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Pj3422 said:

I’ve had the Pluto DCC channel on as background noise today and I’ve caught a few early appearances of our favorites — ones where they didn’t even make finals.

So I was wondering… Has there ever been someone who didn’t make it past prelims on their first try who eventually made it to finals or even training camp? 

Not sure abt prelims but Julia didn’t make it past semi finals the first time she tried out the same year gina tried out 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

I think Jenn Amburn stated on ig that she didn't make it past semis the first time she tried out

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

So, panel interviews. Some of the questions during panels really get under my skin. Some of them are actually illegal in the public sector and seriously wrong in the private sector (like an applicant would have an actual legal case for being asked some of these questions). For instance ANYTHING political. It's one thing to ask people to name 5 Presidents or what are the 2 major political parties, etc. It's a totally different thing to ask if they voted, who they voted for, their opinions on controversail political issues or politicians, etc. Also, the questions are not equally as difficult for each candidate. I'm watching season 12 right now. Dayton gets canned for basically not voting while another girl has one question to answer ("what was the last book you read"). She even states that it was her only question. Really? Can't help but feel like some of these questions are set ups for the TV show. For some of them, there is no correct answer. You're seriously damned no matter how you answer it. That's not fair. If they want to make sure these girls can answer controversial political questions, then that should be part of media training. They shouldn't be judged for their beliefs - that includes whether or not they voted.

Edited by Bindilou
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, Bindilou said:

So, panel interviews. Some of the questions during panels really get under my skin. Some of them are actually illegal in the public sector and seriously wrong in the private sector (like an applicant would have an actual legal case for being asked some of these questions). For instance ANYTHING political. It's one thing to ask people to name 5 Presidents or what are the 2 major political parties, etc. It's a totally different thing to ask if they voted, who they voted for, their opinions on controversail political issues or politicians, etc. Also, the questions are not equally as difficult for each candidate. I'm watching season 12 right now. Dayton gets canned for basically not voting while another girl has one question to answer ("what was the last book you read"). Really? Can't help but feel like some of these questions are set ups for the TV show. For some of them, there is no correct answer. You're seriously damned no matter how you answer it. That's not fair. If they want to make sure these girls can answer controversial political questions, then that should be part of media training. They shouldn't be judged for their beliefs - that includes whether or not they voted.

I've always found the political questions innappropriate too. I'm all in favour of asking for facts (historical and current) but asking about personal opinions on politics shouldn't be allowed. In fairness, they probably wouldn't approve of my opinions anyway (considering Jerry Jones' beliefs)! 

Then again, it's not your typical job interview because asking about someone's celebrity crush is also very cringey! I'd like to see more of the interviews so we can see what else they ask them.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I get that some of the questions are used to break the ice and get an idea of their personalities (like celeb crushes, books they've read, etc.), but the rest of the questions should be directly related to the job (details about the DCC, the Cowboys and football) and every girl should get the same number of questions and the same difficulty. Questions about the border, MeToo, presidential candidates, etc. are a big NO! That has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not a girl is qualified to be a DCC. Questions like that leave the impression that if they don't answer them "correctly" they will be cut. That's grounds for legal action. The year they started the "my boots/my cause" campaign, they asked someone their opinion on whether or not it's appropriate for players or cheerleaders to make public statements about causes. I can't remember who got that question, but she answered kind of meekly "I think it depends on the cause." She got the evil eye for that response. But she's absolutely right. Whether they want to admit it or not, someone is going to eventually have a controversial cause that's going to become an issue for the Cowboys and I would imagine a girl could find herself cut for picking a politically "incorrect" cause (pro life / pro choice for example). Although it seems like a good idea, it's a minefield for these girls. In reality, they don't want tge girls to state their opinions, unless they have the "right" opinion.

3 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I've always found the political questions innappropriate too. I'm all in favour of asking for facts (historical and current) but asking about personal opinions on politics shouldn't be allowed. In fairness, they probably wouldn't approve of my opinions anyway (considering Jerry Jones' beliefs)! 

Then again, it's not your typical job interview because asking about someone's celebrity crush is also very cringey! I'd like to see more of the interviews so we can see what else they ask them.

Edited by Bindilou
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

I’m not sure how far Melissa W made it her first year auditioning but she didn’t make camp. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

Has there ever been someone who didn’t make it past prelims on their first try who eventually made it to finals or even training camp? 

I think Brennan may have said she didn't make it past prelims the 1st time she auditioned. She said something about having worn really ugly shoes or something, from what I recall.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, MaryWebGirl said:

I’m not sure how far Melissa W made it her first year auditioning but she didn’t make camp. 

The same with (redhead) Hannah. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

The same with (redhead) Hannah. 

I think Hannah tried out three times before she made TC. It was mentioned briefly on MTT but they didn't dramatise it like they did with Christina R or Brennan.

• Love 1

Also Kelli Q. Although the original question was regarding those who made the team but not past prelims on their 1st try. Pretty sure Kelli always made finals.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/20/2022 at 5:56 PM, Pj3422 said:

I will throw "Auto" Amy's name out there as well. I don't think it was ever explicitly stated, but she tried out multiple times, and seemed to improve each year. It's possible she was cut prior to semi-finals one of those years before she went on and made training camp.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 2

The questions they ask during panel interviews & media training have never been an even playing field.

I understand why they ask the political/hot issue questions -- they need to know how to answer those types of questions if a reporter/client/whoever asks them. However, they should be quizzed on those types of questions AFTER appropriate media training NOT during the panel interviews.

When you're in a public position like that with the potential of being interviewed/asked questions, you need to know how to give "politician non-answers" to those type of questions -- and that should be taught during their supposed media training. Then testing them to see if they learned how to give good "non-answers" is fine -- as long as you test everyone equally.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

It reminds me of the episode when they were going to be having Football 101 yet they revealed the calendars instead. Surely they could've done that at the end of the session?

Kelli was vocal about many of the girls not having a lack of football knowledge yet pushed it aside to reveal who made the calendars. If you give the women the tools, they'll learn. I miss the days of the binders, which seemed to have as much information as humanely possible in!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Not holding my breath to see any reporter with a burning desire to interview a TCC on any subject relating to politics or  any other "hot" topic.  

LOL I agree. Several years ago I did a tour of Radio City and at the end a Rockette spoke to us about...well...being a Rockette, and there was a Q&A at the end. The questions were things like "When did you start dancing?" "Do you still take lessons?" "What kind of classes would you recommend?" Not one person asked a hot button political question, nor would I have expected anyone to.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, ByTor said:

Also Kelli Q. Although the original question was regarding those who made the team but not past prelims on their 1st try. Pretty sure Kelli always made finals.

I'm almost positive she got cut after prelims the first time.  I remember seeing her in S4 (I only remember the season because it was when they were at the Gaylord) packing up her stuff after they announced finalists.

I also spotted red head Stephanie (with darker hair) leaving after semis, but can't remember what season/year.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Not holding my breath to see any reporter with a burning desire to interview a TCC on any subject relating to politics or  any other "hot" topic.  

They talk it up like the cheerleaders are going to be talking to presidents, senators and whatnot. They’re not geishas. They are cheerleaders for a football team. It’s funny because when you watch football on tv you barely see the cheerleaders or you see them for a second or blurry in the background. 

I can’t recall seeing a cowboys game where they showed all the opening choreography. 

It just seems like a big deal to people who are in that world but people who watch football don’t really care about the dancing. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Exactly! I don't see sideline reporters asking the football players about current world events. It is even less likely for the cheerleaders, unless a topic directly impacts on their "profession", for example asking, " How on earth do you breathe while dancing wearing a Covid mask?" 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

Exactly! I don't see sideline reporters asking the football players about current world events. It is even less likely for the cheerleaders, unless a topic directly impacts on their "profession", for example asking, " How on earth do you breathe while dancing wearing a Covid mask?" 

I get that they don’t want the cheerleaders to be dingy and stupid but no one cares. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/21/2022 at 2:56 PM, ByTor said:

I remember  her being in the fan vote a few times.

Edited by MrsEVH

I’m watching Season 9 on paramount, and I just cringe when they start going after all the “heavy” cheerleaders. Poor Meagan. She wasn’t big at all. Also Hannah. Hannah had put on some weight, but they railed on her from auditions. Why did they take her if they were that pissed off about her weight gain? Also, Christina (who made it in S12) couldn’t do the splits. She was injured iirc, so again, why take her? They made some odd decisions that season. 

• Love 7

Can someone please remind me what season's Squad Reveal was when Kelli called 2 girls to her stadium office and told them they were making the team to use them in the team announcement with the other girls? I forget exactly what Kelli said.  Something about a "non announcement" announcement?  Sorry this is so vague...Just can't figure out how to describe it.

12 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Can someone please remind me what season's Squad Reveal was when Kelli called 2 girls to her stadium office and told them they were making the team to use them in the team announcement with the other girls? I forget exactly what Kelli said.  Something about a "non announcement" announcement?  Sorry this is so vague...Just can't figure out how to describe it.

Season 14 

• Thanks 1

I’m in the just-retired-so-I’m-easing-into.-it-by-watching-a-LOT-of-TV phase, so bear with me…

If you were assigned a report about Jackie Kennedy Onassis because you were accused of not being “gracious”, what would you say.? I think I’d compile every bit of nasty gossip about Jackie O and parrot it back to Kelly. For example, this little gem she dropped about Queen Elizabeth II:  “a middle-aged woman so incurious, unintelligent and unremarkable that Britain’s new reduced place in the world was not a surprise but an inevitability”

Thoughts? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Spunkyyy said:

@DCC-UK I’ve been meaning to post this! The Jordan Daigle pic next to a horse on calendar shoot! I brought it up during calendar time and you wanted to see. So ridiculous 😂

0BECCC29-E48D-44B8-B256-BB04286D1AEB.jpeg

What on earth? I mean Jordan looks great but this image is all kinds of weird. It would be nice if she was smiling and interacting with the horse, rather than giving a sexy face!

• Love 2

One other thing about those panel interviews: 

To me it always looked like oral exams. In the past, they let the cheerleaders study a bulky ringbinder with all kinds of stuff both football and non-football stuff. They then had a written exam which was graded. The oral exam with its very odd questions seemed more like an extension of the written exam and it certainly has little to do with an interview related to the job they were trying out for.

I actually suspect it was a way to "appease' some of the 'famous" people that were featured on the show. To give them a little screen time and keep them happy if you like.

• Love 3

I’m sick and I’m snarky And have had it running all night so ….. why do so many think their hard work is the only 1 that matters ?   Why didn’t Charlotte just go ahead and say to Kelsey “ you don’t know who my father is??”  Cause you know she wanted to.  I don’t care for Kitty, but when she tells you to fix your solo, fix it.    Season 10 when Jasmine got cut - she was never ready solid  she got complacentitis a few seasons ..

• Love 8

I’m sick and I’m snarky And have had it running all night so ….. why do so many think their hard work is the only 1 that matters ?   Why didn’t Charlotte just go ahead and say to Kelsey “ you don’t know who my father is??”  Cause you know she wanted to.  I don’t care for Kitty, but when she tells you to fix your solo, fix it.    Season 10 when Jasmine got cut - she was never ready solid  she got complacentitis a few seasons ..  ika “ I haven’t received any amazing feedback. Just corrections “.   Rose being upset when asked about her training.  Emily I want this so bad but I am a startled poodle 

• Love 4
On 8/2/2022 at 2:17 PM, LilyD said:

One other thing about those panel interviews: 

To me it always looked like oral exams. In the past, they let the cheerleaders study a bulky ringbinder with all kinds of stuff both football and non-football stuff. They then had a written exam which was graded. The oral exam with its very odd questions seemed more like an extension of the written exam and it certainly has little to do with an interview related to the job they were trying out for.

I actually suspect it was a way to "appease' some of the 'famous" people that were featured on the show. To give them a little screen time and keep them happy if you like.

The panel interviews didn't have anything to do with the tests. They are supposed to be an actual job interview. I think some of the questions were meant to show the world that they are politically correct and won't keep anyone who isn't. I usually mute the interview part because it ticks me off. I don't want to see it. It's the one part they could delete from the show and nobody would care. The binders went the way of the internet. They still get the same information, just online (to be more environmentally friendly). They most likely still have to take a test.

• Love 2

What I don't like about the interviews is when they highlight the not so good ones...like the one who didn't know what a political party was. They like to show that DCC will only take smart women, but it rubs me the wrong way to make a fool of others to build their organization up.

• Like 1
  • Love 6