Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

On 5/4/2022 at 8:16 PM, Uk-Eve said:

Is this the right thread for this? Kat Dunn (former tcc) is going on ex on the beach according to twitter/sydney durso's retweet on twitter

Wow. She's really trying to make reality tv her career, huh? If you count MTT, that would be three reality shows she's been on. I wonder if that's the most out of any DCC/TCCs.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Wow. She's really trying to make reality tv her career, huh? If you count MTT, that would be three reality shows she's been on. I wonder if that's the most out of any DCC/TCCs.

Melissa R did Bachelor, DWTS, Redneck Island, Bachelor Pad, Melissa and Tye and MTT.  

• Love 5

Is Kat Dunn the only former TCC who has had the "most" attention seeking when it comes to reality tv? And Melissa Rycroft being the only DCC with the most reality tv shows after DCC? and a handful like Jasmine Goode and Brandi Redmond etc whose been on reality tv post trying out for DCC that we know of? Who am I missing off that list?

14 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Is Kat Dunn the only former TCC who has had the "most" attention seeking when it comes to reality tv? And Melissa Rycroft being the only DCC with the most reality tv shows after DCC? and a handful like Jasmine Goode and Brandi Redmond etc whose been on reality tv post trying out for DCC that we know of? Who am I missing off that list?

Michelle Mozek from S2 was on True Beauty.  And Erica Perry from S1-2 was on The Next

31 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Current DCC Rebecca was on SYTYCD prior to MTT.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Michelle Mozek from S2 was on True Beauty.  And Erica Perry from S1-2 was on The Next

Yea I haven't seen or got anyway to see season 1 or 2. VPN in my area charges me too much. 40 a week for vpn just to watch pluto to watch those 2 seasons, no thanks

K Dunn is raking in some serious influencer cash from her appearances and social media, tho, so I can’t really blame her for riding that wave while she can. IIRC she has a marketing degree, and she’s making the most of it. 

Wouldn’t be the journey I pick for myself, but she’s obviously doing well with it. She always looks like she’s having a great time, and seems like a really good friend too. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I'm watching Pluto tv right now.  They just showed episode 1203, and the very next episode jumped all the way back to episode 501.  ???  Very confusing.

51 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

I'm watching Pluto tv right now.  They just showed episode 1203, and the very next episode jumped all the way back to episode 501.  ???  Very confusing.

I wondered what the blazes happened.  That was so random.  Guess they needed to re-set the the timeline & that was their solution?!

On 5/7/2022 at 12:57 AM, Uk-Eve said:

Didn’t Jenna Jackson try to get onto Big Brother as well? Iirc it was because of Kat Dunn that she didn’t make it….

• Love 3
(edited)

best and worst makeovers? 

i'm aware that i'm using 'makeover' very liberally here lol

not sure, but every time i see karissa (season 6's) makeover, i think she HAS to be the best one. so much better it's ridiculous. they actually fixed her brows and the color they gave her was a much better fit and really complimented her. it's a shock she even made it to training camp looking like that (especially considering her dancing wasn't impressive and she had barely any formal training???). but i did really love her </3

edited to add: she also had such a cute figure. goals :(

Edited by vanillagum
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

not sure, but every time i see karissa (season 6's) makeover, i think she HAS to be the best one. so much better it's ridiculous. they actually fixed her brows and the color they gave her was a much better fit and really complimented her. it's a shock she even made it to training camp looking like that (especially considering her dancing wasn't impressive and she had barely any formal training???). but i did really love her </3

Karissa is my favorite makeover too! Those skinny eyebrows 🙈 🙈 Her personality, flawless figure, and kind-of-decent-ish dancing got her into TCC, I think. She’s one of my favorite TCCs of all time.

Jordyn Ketchum is a *very* close second. She just came alive after her makeover. So happy to see her make it that year.

Brittany Evans’ makeover always made me laugh when they fixed her eyebrows too. Gorgeous girl, but those eyebrows had their own problems 😂 

I can’t think of a “bad” makeover. I mean they want these girls to be the 36 most beautiful women in Texas, so I never thought any of them would get the cycle 5 Cassandra of Americas Next Top Model treatment.

I do feel like they never knew what do with Milan’s hair. The color she came in with wasn’t good but I don’t think they ever found the right fit for her. And I’m not sure why since she looks great on the Golden State Warriors team. 

• Love 5
(edited)
46 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

I liked her makeover too. The brown hair was so much better. Karissa was on a semi pro team before she auditioned for the DCC. It was the San Antonio Rampage ice girls. There's  2 videos of them (with Karissa) on youtube and the dancing isn't the best. 

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I can’t think of a “bad” makeover. I mean they want these girls to be the 36 most beautiful women in Texas, so I never thought any of them would get the cycle 5 Cassandra of Americas Next Top Model treatment.

lol yeah, i guess i mean like least flattering. milan's is definitely up there. i don't know what they were thinking—she looked so drab. i don't get why they didn't just give her a better blonde. i wonder what her natural hair color is 

least flattering - maybe paige's, because she had curls with straight bangs lmao. it's no wonder she went back to the straightened hair seemingly immediately 

omg yes jordyn ketchum pre-makeover was SO mousy. the red hair did wonders

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

lol yeah, i guess i mean like least flattering. milan's is definitely up there. i don't know what they were thinking—she looked so drab. i don't get why they didn't just give her a better blonde. i wonder what her natural hair color is 

least flattering - maybe paige's, because she had curls with straight bangs lmao. it's no wonder she went back to the straightened hair seemingly immediately 

omg yes jordyn ketchum pre-makeover was SO mousy. the red hair did wonders

Agreed! Paige would be the only other makeover that I was lukewarm on. And you hit the nail on the head: curly hair with straight bangs…not a good look even for an absolutely gorgeous girl. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I would have to say Taylor in season 6 maybe. The hair they gave her did not make her look like a DCC. They did her dirty.

....I actually really liked what they did with her hair *hides*

• Love 10

I just want to know what is going on with the programming.  When I went to bed, they had gone from Season 6 all the way to 10.  I get up this morning and we're back to 8.  Someone apparently doesn't know their numerical order over at Pluto.

Milan was one of the worse makeovers.  They did nothing for her.  I don't like her hair color now.  I would have gone with a richer chocolate brown.  I believe her blonde on Golden Warriors gives her face a bad monotone.  But I've never been a fan of Milan and thought she was next door cute.  Some girls seem to glam up after their first year but not Milan.  Lea this year is coming across more glam in the swimsuit photos.

Another person they missed out on was Boston Patriot girl Alexandra.  She had that over processed highlighted hair that seemed mousy.  Chocolate brown would have done her wonders.  Guess it didn't matter since she never made it to a season game just a preseason one.  Still believe she tried out to see if she could make it but did not enjoy being back as a rookie.

Karissa was a great makeover.  I liked Taylor's hair cut because it was spunky and not as fake as what she had with the extensions.  Lauren the one with the super yellow highlighter hair (teacher) that they made a brunette that was a good makeover.  She hated her hair but she looked much prettier.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

Another person they missed out on was Boston Patriot girl Alexandra.  She had that over processed highlighted hair that seemed mousy.  Chocolate brown would have done her wonders.

YESSSSS. She would've been a stunner with a rich brown. Was never a fan of her dingy, streaky bleach blonde. Everyone wants to be blonde so badly regardless of whether it's actually flattering, it's frustrating lol

s9 Loren's makeover was really good, I agree. That blonde she came in with did nothing for her

• Love 5
On 5/11/2022 at 6:24 AM, raindancer said:

I've always loved her makeover!  Glad to know I am not the ONLY one!  The hair she came in with looked absurd and brought out her semi-masculine features in a bad way.  Giving her the badass hair actually softened her IMVHO.  Plus it moved!  Not in that heavy, flouncy, too many extensions way but in a soft, natural way.  I wish she could have liked it as much as I did!

• Love 4
On 5/6/2022 at 11:49 AM, scorpio1031 said:

She just turned and walked into the bathroom actually

Yeah, the meeting was still going on and you could see her in the background with a pissy look on her face turn around and go into the bathroom. I always thought that was what prompted her being called into the office.

On 5/12/2022 at 3:17 PM, Opine said:
On 5/11/2022 at 6:24 AM, raindancer said:

I've always loved her makeover!  Glad to know I am not the ONLY one!

Me three!

On 5/12/2022 at 1:40 PM, vanillagum said:

s9 Loren's makeover was really good, I agree. That blonde she came in with did nothing for her

I personally thought she made a better blonde. I thought they should have given some lowlights and done a toner to blend out the yellow shade.

• Love 1

Speaking of bad makeovers, one of mine was...ugh...I think her name was Leah from one of the earlier seasons. Rainer said they decided to add "more gold," she ended up red, and they said she was in the salon all day getting it fixed. The color did look good on her, but adding more gold, for most people, means your hair is going to pick up red tones.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 5/10/2022 at 6:54 PM, vanillagum said:

Agree, Karissa was my all time fave TCC. I loved her fighter spirit! And damn if she didn't look stunning after her makeover, wow! I have a pic of her on my phone bc i'm an unnatural blonde who always threatens to go darker and if I did, i'd try to get close to the color they gave her. She looked Stunning! And yeah, her brows pre makeover...

Tara, former DCC Cut for NO REASON at all during Training Camp other than to make way for veruca imo, her hair looks sooooooooooo beautiful darker. She looks soooooooo pretty with darker hair. Similar to Karissa's and on my phone as well for color reference only. For the record, i'm still sour grapes about Tara's cut...

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Agree, Karissa was my all time fave TCC. I loved her fighter spirit! And damn if she didn't look stunning after her makeover, wow! I have a pic of her on my phone bc i'm an unnatural blonde who always threatens to go darker and if I did, i'd try to get close to the color they gave her. She looked Stunning! And yeah, her brows pre makeover...

Tara, former DCC Cut for NO REASON at all during Training Camp other than to make way for veruca imo, her hair looks sooooooooooo beautiful darker. She looks soooooooo pretty with darker hair. Similar to Karissa's and on my phone as well for color reference only. For the record, i'm still sour grapes about Tara's cut...

Agreed on both points.  I cried when Karissa was cut.  I saw it coming but I was so rooting for her.

Tara is stunning now.  She was pretty before but now absolutely stunning .  I remember Kashara once saying her first year she was learning to be a rookie, her second year learning to be a vet, and her third year she was dancing for herself.  I think that is why Tara looks so great now.  She's dancing for herself.  Great body, looking beautiful and radiating happiness.  Her TCC camp when she got cut, she wasn't at her best.  Something seemed to be going on.  I did cry and rewatched the episode and cried some more.  Whatever it was, Tara is doing amazing now.  Being at peace with yourself or being happy can radiate and add to one's beauty.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

Agreed on both points.  I cried when Karissa was cut.  I saw it coming but I was so rooting for her.

Tara is stunning now.  She was pretty before but now absolutely stunning .  I remember Kashara once saying her first year she was learning to be a rookie, her second year learning to be a vet, and her third year she was dancing for herself.  I think that is why Tara looks so great now.  She's dancing for herself.  Great body, looking beautiful and radiating happiness.  Her TCC camp when she got cut, she wasn't at her best.  Something seemed to be going on.  I did cry and rewatched the episode and cried some more.  Whatever it was, Tara is doing amazing now.  Being at peace with yourself or being happy can radiate and add to one's beauty.

Yes, exactly yes on Tara! She is radiating from within. And her dancing is so much more powerful and joyful now. She truly is a doll. I'm just thrilled for her. Her teammates seem to adore her too. I'm glad she's getting the respect she deserves. So much yay for her! It still makes me cry when I see her getting cut.

So many of the young ladies over the years have brought me to tears. Don't even get me started on Auto Amy but she went on to live her best life. But oh do I cry for her. And Taryn who took it like a champ. I think I cried because she didn't. Oddly, I wanted Kyndall to make the team but she never made me cry. Oh Dayton, the gut wrenching sobs, so awful to see. I think she was done dirty anyhow but I digress. 

So which cuts have made you cry?

• Love 9
15 hours ago, ByTor said:

Speaking of bad makeovers, one of mine was...ugh...I think her name was Leah from one of the earlier seasons. Rainer said they decided to add "more gold," she ended up red, and they said she was in the salon all day getting it fixed. The color did look good on her, but adding more gold, for most people, means your hair is going to pick up red tones.

Leah Mullinax. I think she ended up being brunette.  She was on of the 5 vets cut at finals in season 3 (2008).   I think this is her rookie season cameo   http://www.anirbanroy.org/Leah Mullinax.jpg

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

If I remember correctly was weight 

Wasn't it Allie who got cut for weight that year? They showed her solo and when she rolled over you could sse her waist was big. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Leah Mullinax. I think she ended up being brunette.  She was on of the 5 vets cut at finals in season 3 (2008).   I think this is her rookie season cameo   http://www.anirbanroy.org/Leah Mullinax.jpg

Wasn't it Allie who got cut for weight that year? They showed her solo and when she rolled over you could sse her waist was big. 

It could of been Allie it’s been such a long time 

1 hour ago, Survivor197 said:

I’m watching Raylees rookie season now. Anyone remember why she was cut?

Charlotte did not like her.  I don't remember weight being mentioned.

• Love 8
(edited)
4 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I also Kelli saying she was bored with her solo. I think she said the same thing about Meagan ( one of the 5 vets cut in season 7?)

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Yep! I'm glad the makeover ended up working out in her favor.

16 hours ago, StellaCL said:
18 hours ago, Survivor197 said:

Nope, nothing about weight. Kristy Scales said she did nothing to lose her spot, Charlotte said she did nothing to keep it. Guess whose opinion mattered more LOL

17 hours ago, Christineelgene said:
18 hours ago, Survivor197 said:

As I recall, Charlotte did not think she did anything to keep her spot.  And that was probably enough

Yet they keep boring people like Jessika.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
45 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Yep! I'm glad the makeover ended up working out in her favor.

Nope, nothing about weight. Kristy Scales said she did nothing to lose her spot, Charlotte said she did nothing to keep it. Guess whose opinion mattered more LOL

Yet they keep boring people like Jessika.

Kelli likes to say someone is boring. In this clip from season 7 she calls TCC Megan Marie boring  

https://www.facebook.com/DCCMakingTheTeam/videos/757014149008518

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2

Re. makeovers: I can’t recall a bad one either. When it comes to ridiculous, the girl whose hair had to match the floor boards comes to mind. (They actually put her down on the floor!)

One I won’t forget was Jinelle’s. There was this whole team standing behind her and disagreeing. Then they seriously considered cutting it short. Jinelle looked horrified! Then Derek came to the rescue, kept the length but gave her a better hair cut.

There hasn’t been a true makeover over the past 4-5 years if you ask me. The ones that audition now, have done their best to come in with the DCC hairstyle, which has become pretty predictable and boring if you ask me. Though last year’s squad had some refreshing hairstyles! 

• Love 4

Least favorite season: Season 4. The Minchews, the whole awkward Kaimie situation, Grace Sells getting cut (one of the few cuts I always disagreed with--Kelli and Judy, please take note of my correct opinion on this), and Sara Gourley got featured a good bit as a leader (she always bugged me a bit). Still plenty to like about that season, but there you go. My next least favorite season, although I love nearly all of that rookie class, is season 15. I'm certain I don't have to explain that one.

Favorite makeovers that haven't been named yet (I don't think): Alexandria from Florida and this year's Rookie of the Year Kellee! With Alexandria's makeover, I was kind of shocked at how little Kelli knew of Black women's hair care, given her involvement in rookie makeovers each year. I remember with Alex she was learning basic vocabulary. I thought Alex's hair and makeup makeovers were great, and same for Kellee! Both women were beautiful before but got that glam factor. I love the brighter blush and eyes they put on Kellee at her makeover, too.  

• Love 10

I thought the borderline mullet they gave Trisha Trevino was pretty bad.  Or maybe she auditioned that way?  I can't remember.  With that said, she has a very cute face so she was able to overcome it.  

I really don't like the early season makeovers as much as the latter ones.  Just so many choppy, layered looks and heavy bangs.  I realize that was probably the style at the time, but Ugh.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, 88Keys said:

I really don't like the early season makeovers as much as the latter ones.

Same. I always laugh when in that one episode Rainer says they don't do makeovers just for the sake of doing makeovers. It certainly looked like they did.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, M1977G said:

Least favorite season: Season 4. The Minchews, the whole awkward Kaimie situation, Grace Sells getting cut (one of the few cuts I always disagreed with--Kelli and Judy, please take note of my correct opinion on this), and Sara Gourley got featured a good bit as a leader (she always bugged me a bit). Still plenty to like about that season, but there you go .

I remember  when they made the girls do that bungee jump thing. Sarah Gourley freaked out on the way up to the tower. I watched a clip of the jump only scene on the MTT Facebook page ( I think that's where it was)  and I they seemed to edit that apart out.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I remember  when they made the girls do that bungee jump thing. Sarah Gourley freaked out on the way up to the tower. I watched a clip of the jump only scene on the MTT Facebook page ( I think that's where it was)  and I they seemed to edit that apart out.

She really freaked out! I felt badly for her there--her terror was real. Nice of them not to play up that scene, especially since they seem to love to replay people's humiliating moments. But in general, I did not care for Sarah much. 

• Love 2

I was watching one of the videos that DCC put up with perhaps a collection of girls being called at finals for making it to training camp. It was Alexandria, the former Patriots cheerleader.  In the talking head she says this will determine whether she returns to the east coast or moves to Texas FOR THE SUMMER. Not the year but just a season, only to get the skinny for how they run the camp & then hop back to the east coast without a backwards glance.

• Useful 1
34 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

I was watching one of the videos that DCC put up with perhaps a collection of girls being called at finals for making it to training camp. It was Alexandria, the former Patriots cheerleader.  In the talking head she says this will determine whether she returns to the east coast or moves to Texas FOR THE SUMMER. Not the year but just a season, only to get the skinny for how they run the camp & then hop back to the east coast without a backwards glance.

If she had said "for the year" she would have been called out for assuming she was going to the make the team.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

I always got the feeling Alexandria was there only to see if she could make it.  Something about her didn't ring sincere to me.  But to be honest, I never cared for her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Watching the episodes over and over ( and over ) you see that even though there are many clothing / costume options, the ones that get repeated.  Season 8. Jennifer and Samantha had the same costume   It was a pretty 1 

• Love 1