Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

I'm always intrigued to what everyone's least fave season is? I think mine is season 9. Considering my fave ever DCC made it that season (Melissa W), I couldn't deal with the Ashley Pro-Caila-Breelan rubbish (none of them should've made it), Hannah getting cut made me sad because I loved her as a rookie and some of my fave vets retired too (Jackie Bob, Mackenzie, Carisa, Lauren and Olivia). Although the TCCs they cut I was more than okay with, I'd have cut the squad even trimmer! Plus there's too many Jennifers, Jessicas and Ashleys to keep up with and MRC gets involved more. 

• Love 8

I actually liked Breelan, I thought she was adorable. That’s not to say I thought she should have made it, but I do wonder how she would have got on if the camera hadn’t been shoved in her face for the whole season. But my real issues with season 9 were seeing Meagan Pravden cut. That really made me sad, I thought she was a fantastic dancer and the comments about her figure were not justified at all. I also couldn’t understand the disparity between Hannah who was cut for weight, and the others who were afforded the chance to go to my fit foods. And hello, calling Schram in for weight?! No thank you ma’am. 

Not that crazy about season 11, seeing Kyndall cut as well as Auto Amy hurt my heart. I knew deep down that Amy wouldn’t make it, but seeing Kyndall get so close when Jessika (who I think is the blender to end all blenders) made it instead made me sad. I’m sure someone else was on the chopping block, can’t think who? 
Although at least season 11 brought us Heather O and Maggie, who I love. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, DocBrown said:

I actually liked Breelan, I thought she was adorable. That’s not to say I thought she should have made it, but I do wonder how she would have got on if the camera hadn’t been shoved in her face for the whole season. But my real issues with season 9 were seeing Meagan Pravden cut. That really made me sad, I thought she was a fantastic dancer and the comments about her figure were not justified at all. I also couldn’t understand the disparity between Hannah who was cut for weight, and the others who were afforded the chance to go to my fit foods. And hello, calling Schram in for weight?! No thank you ma’am. 

I always really liked Breelan and was glad she made it- but I didn't watch that season with a critical eye. And it still holds, all these years later, I am still glad she made the team.

Meagan wasn't my favorite, I don't know why, so I didn't care when she was cut. But the whole thut thing was some of the worst MTT in MTT history. To do that to someone coming from Kelli ... done in such poor taste...  such a classic example of the contradictory behavior from the TPTB  that they are clearly unable to hold themsleves up to their own esteemed standards. I think, at least in this case, it is one of the rare instances Kelli now regrets. Long gone are the days of blatant body shaming getting aired on MTT. And ridiculous weight warnings like Schramm (did she gain 1 pound? I couldn't even see it) are now not aired either. I would like to think Kelli has contemplated on the never forgotten reality tv stigma and long-term affect this can have on TCCs (Vivian, Maegan, Grace), but I don't suspect Kelli has changed for any other reason than it placed her and the show in such a horrible light with viewers.

• Love 5

Absolutely. I’m on season 4 at the moment and they just had the body fat scan. They had a doctor go through the results and she said to one TCC, “I’m not worried, you’re totally healthy” 

Jay’s response: “Yeah but in those tiny uniforms? We can lean you up” 

That’s not a comfortable message: that being healthy isn’t good enough. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, DocBrown said:

Absolutely. I’m on season 4 at the moment and they just had the body fat scan. They had a doctor go through the results and she said to one TCC, “I’m not worried, you’re totally healthy” 

Jay’s response: “Yeah but in those tiny uniforms? We can lean you up” 

That’s not a comfortable message: that being healthy isn’t good enough. 

Curious to know what he would see to VK given the chance.  

22 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Can someone pls remind me what season Jalyn Stough got up and stomped off to the locker room (and got called into the office for it)?  Thanks.

12 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

She didn't stomp off! Lol but season 14

LOL.  Jalyn definitely did not stomp off!

• Love 10
12 hours ago, DocBrown said:

And hello, calling Schram in for weight?! No thank you ma’am. 

LOL the woman had visible, defined abs!! Stephanie Heymann, a TCC, gets called in for weight with vets and nobody gets cut, while Veronica, who IMO was more out of shape than Hannah, gets some grace. Yeah, I get the whole Nike thing, so I see her getting a break, but then Hannah should have gotten one as well.

6 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

She didn't stomp off! Lol but season 14

But, on the other hand, I was just watching season 3and Erica J sure stomped off during that vet meeting in the locker room!!

• Love 8
8 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Can someone pls remind me what season Jalyn Stough got up and stomped off to the locker room (and got called into the office for it)?  Thanks.

IIRC, that was the year Victoria not only made the team but Show Group as well, while Jalyn didn't. Jalyn removed herself to the locker room to deal, then came out and jumped right back into practice.  Kelli called her into the office for "being unprofessional".  Rumor had it that Jalyn corrected Victoria, Victoria didn't like it and went to her mom who went to Kelli and Jalyn was removed from Show Group.  This was somewhat supported by a shot of a list where Jalyn's name was cross off and Victoria's was written in on the side.  It was also rumored that Kelli wanted a reason to cut Jalyn due to correcting Victoria and was hoping that being cut from Show Group would give her the reason to do so (probably due to an "inappropriate" reaction for the loss of Show Group).  Jalyn not providing the expected reaction didn't give Kelli the ammo she needed/wanted.  That may be why Kelli wasn't happy with Jalyn between the time of the Show Group announcement and the office visit.

• Useful 2

Ok binging old seasons on Paramount Plus and I am now on Season 3. Can someone please help my poor brain out with who were the 5 (or maybe it was 4) Kelli mentioned that got cut vet wise at finals. Carmen, Leah, Kellie Jo (or at least I think that was her) I know but for the life of me I can't figure out the others and am drawing a blank. I saw the brown head girl Erica J was crying over that looked very angry but I for the life of me can't place her name. Also season 2 question...........did Dulce try out again for a second season after making it in season one? There was someone at finals that looked slightly like her but they didn't mention all the vet cuts (I know this is where at least Kristen was cut) around the time Kelli was talking about the less than great solos. Sorry my poor brain is just not working so if anyone can help a girl out here I would appreciate it!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ByTor said:

LOL the woman had visible, defined abs!! Stephanie Heymann, a TCC, gets called in for weight with vets and nobody gets cut, while Veronica, who IMO was more out of shape than Hannah, gets some grace. Yeah, I get the whole Nike thing, so I see her getting a break, but then Hannah should have gotten one as well.

But, on the other hand, I was just watching season 3and Erica J sure stomped off during that vet meeting in the locker room!!

I always wondered if they slipped her into that segment because she wasn't quite eating enough, and wanted to get her support for balanced nutrition?  My Fit Foods (and Snap Kitchen, which basically put MFF out of business) are so, so awesome for yummy and healthy meals for a busy schedule.  If they actually did provide the DCC with a meal allowance from there, particularly during training camp, that would be amazing.  I lived at those places while I was working full time and getting my MBA in the evenings, which is the closest I'll come to living a DCC schedule.  lol

More than likely she slid in there because she was so popular and they wanted to give her camera time, but it was so awkward.  That was a season for weird editing hijinks for me, particularly on the Hannah front.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I always wondered if they slipped her into that segment because she wasn't quite eating enough, and wanted to get her support for balanced nutrition?

what a generous interpretation haha

if she were undereating i doubt they'd care (i mean, she was thin but not like...sickly looking) + didn't they imply she had a problem with weighing too much? didn't she herself imply that? 

i will never get over how absurd it was to see brittany schram called into the office for weight issues

honestly same with chelsea...yes she was mediocre as all hell but she had visible abs and looked completely fine weight wise. that's so weird to me

• Love 8

Right?  I'm totally reaching.  They could have done a good job spinning that whole segment though, seriously.  They'll film things like Kelsey being hospitalized for intestinal issues and then eating a granola bar for dinner.  That would have been the perfect timing for a MFF paid segment about good nutrition on the go or whatever.  

Their snack boxes would have been a perfect small meal in the car from Fort Worth to Valley Ranch.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

IIRC, that was the year Victoria not only made the team but Show Group as well, while Jalyn didn't. Jalyn removed herself to the locker room to deal, then came out and jumped right back into practice.  Kelli called her into the office for "being unprofessional".  Rumor had it that Jalyn corrected Victoria, Victoria didn't like it and went to her mom who went to Kelli and Jalyn was removed from Show Group.  This was somewhat supported by a shot of a list where Jalyn's name was cross off and Victoria's was written in on the side.  It was also rumored that Kelli wanted a reason to cut Jalyn due to correcting Victoria and was hoping that being cut from Show Group would give her the reason to do so (probably due to an "inappropriate" reaction for the loss of Show Group).  Jalyn not providing the expected reaction didn't give Kelli the ammo she needed/wanted.  That may be why Kelli wasn't happy with Jalyn between the time of the Show Group announcement and the office visit.

And:

image.thumb.png.5348cb3b5f0cf21a07761437f2ed446b.png

4 hours ago, countrygal said:

Ok binging old seasons on Paramount Plus and I am now on Season 3. Can someone please help my poor brain out with who were the 5 (or maybe it was 4) Kelli mentioned that got cut vet wise at finals. Carmen, Leah, Kellie Jo (or at least I think that was her) I know but for the life of me I can't figure out the others and am drawing a blank. I saw the brown head girl Erica J was crying over that looked very angry but I for the life of me can't place her name. Also season 2 question...........did Dulce try out again for a second season after making it in season one? There was someone at finals that looked slightly like her but they didn't mention all the vet cuts (I know this is where at least Kristen was cut) around the time Kelli was talking about the less than great solos. Sorry my poor brain is just not working so if anyone can help a girl out here I would appreciate it!

Carmen, Leah, Michelle (Erica’s friend), Kelli Jo and Andrea were cut.  Dulce retired after one season.

• Useful 1

The Brittney is on weight watch thing never made sense to me until they showed her demonstrating "shut the car door" hips to Chandler. There's no fat on either of them but Chandler had a much smaller frame and Brittney looked wider next to her. Obviously My Fit Foods can't shrink your skeleton but this is the bunch who thinks that all women who are the same height should weigh the same.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 4/20/2022 at 2:25 PM, kalibean said:

They'll film things like Kelsey being hospitalized for intestinal issues and then eating a granola bar for dinner.

Not to be one of "those people" but wasn't it peanut butter pretzels? That stuck out to me because I like peanut butter, and I like pretzels, but together? Hard no from me! Oh boy, now I sound like picky Courtney who didn't like chocolate and peanut butter together LOL!

Edited by ByTor
  • LOL 5
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Not to be one of "those people" but wasn't it peanut butter pretzels? That stuck out to me because I like peanut butter, and I like pretzels, but together? Hard no from me! Oh boy, now I sound like picky Courtney who didn't like chocolate and peanut butter together LOL!

Okay I guess I'm one of "those people" as well. Yes it was pretzels and PB.

In fact it looked like she only ate one. I'd imagine some of the TCCs were going right from work to TC without having anytime to eat. They probably didn't want to stop at a fast food place and scarf something down.  I'd eat pretzels and PB but not for dinner. 

Edited by MrsEVH

The food segments could have been so, so good too.  It's very expensive to use MFF or Snap Kitchen, but easy, quick and healthy if you have the budget.  And it can also be relatively easy to do meal prep.  So why they don't have cooking segments based on great meal prep for busy peeps, building adult lunchables as a great way to get in a small meal on the go from work to practice, etc, is beyond me.  It's like they'll flirt around with the concept and then just fizzle it out.

The squad skews younger and younger, so providing sound nutritional guidance as a part of camp 100% makes sense to me as so many might be out on their own for the first time.  Should it be part of their job?  Probably not, as I imagine the Rockettes or other dance jobs don't do anything like that, but since the DCC films it all and pretends like they care, they could at least do it right.

If you're invading roommate apartments and raiding their kitchen, do practical stuff like helping them build mini meals out of a $5 rotisserie chicken, some hardboiled eggs and cut up veggies to eat on the go.  Sure as heck beats two peanut butter pretzels!  (You're totally right, @ByTor - I just couldn't remember.  Also I would rather have a granola bar.)

• Love 8

Just caught the final episode of season 14 and wow, I forgot that Alanna roomed with and encouraged/supported/mentored Lily. Lily was crying talking about how lovely Alanna was to her, and then I started crying too, lmao. Alanna has always seemed like such an amazing friend and wonderful person. Underrated queen

And this clip reaffirmed my fondness of Lily. She seems like such a sweet, sweet soul. Sad that she was cut after this but I hope she's really happy where she is

Something about season 14 (even though I find Meredith and Kat super annoying) is really likable to me—it's so...HD? We get to see a lot of dancing? Charm? Idk. But whatever it was was lost in the next two seasons, due to Covid and otherwise

Edited by vanillagum
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, vanillagum said:

Just caught the final episode of season 14 and wow, I forgot that Alanna roomed with and encouraged/supported/mentored Lily. Lily was crying talking about how lovely Alanna was to her, and then I started crying too, lmao. Alanna has always seemed like such an amazing friend and wonderful person. Underrated queen

Alanna went to CO a few times to see Lily cheer with DBC.

• Love 5

Watching the season 6 episodes I own and I’m confulded why ika came to dallas ?    Was it she thought she was the greatest dancer so big fish little pond mindset ?   And since her cut wasn’t shown , I wonder why Rebecca was cut     That season seemed to have more people having the same corrections repeatedly than others 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, dariafan said:

Watching the season 6 episodes I own and I’m confulded why ika came to dallas ?    Was it she thought she was the greatest dancer so big fish little pond mindset ?   And since her cut wasn’t shown , I wonder why Rebecca was cut     That season seemed to have more people having the same corrections repeatedly than others 

Rebecca had (and this is the important part) LAWYERS involved for the show to NOT show her cut, which I thought was just "rebecca you could've signed that contract to say you didnt want to be featured which meant that she wouldn't be shown/fly under the raider. Not sure what was said in the office Rebecca must've thought it was "that bad" that she needed lawyers involved to stop showing her cut.

I still do not know who in training camp (whether they make the team or not) who did and didn't make the team that signed the contract to say they didnt want to be shown on tv etc. Part of me wants to say "kelli sullivan" but Kelli Finglass has been shown on at least 2 separate seasons to be sitting there with a pic of Kelli's headshots, only because I cannot identify alot of the girls in tcc (who didn't make the team) unless they were super memorable

Ika prob wanted her 15 min of fame considering she had pics of her with alcohol in her hand and basically "never removed them off her facebook" or whatever social media it was on, after being warned of it many times

Edited by Uk-Eve
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Rebecca had (and this is the important part) LAWYERS involved for the show to NOT show her cut, which I thought was just "rebecca you could've signed that contract to say you didnt want to be featured which meant that she wouldn't be shown/fly under the raider. Not sure what was said in the office Rebecca must've thought it was "that bad" that she needed lawyers involved to stop showing her cut.

Are you thinking of Amy Reese in Season 5?  Cause there has never been any mention of lawyers for Rebecca.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

I still do not know who in training camp (whether they make the team or not) who did and didn't make the team that signed the contract to say they didnt want to be shown on tv etc. Part of me wants to say "kelli sullivan" but Kelli Finglass has been shown on at least 2 separate seasons to be sitting there with a pic of Kelli's headshots, only because I cannot identify alot of the girls in tcc (who didn't make the team) unless they were super memorable

Couldn't be her. She only made training camp the 1 time (Season 11) and had a few parts where she's shown. She wasn't heavily featured like some, but enough to where she definitely couldn't have signed anything like that. I know she was on the team the next 2 seasons as well, but she got some screentime in those as well.

The times Kelli Finglass has her headshots are both at auditions, and she was just one of the girls production chose not to feature because she didn't make it those times. Actually, she's one of the very first girls saying something to the cameras at Season 8 auditions.

Edited by ShutterbugCAM
On 4/26/2022 at 2:21 AM, ShutterbugCAM said:

Couldn't be her. She only made training camp the 1 time (Season 11) and had a few parts where she's shown. She wasn't heavily featured like some, but enough to where she definitely couldn't have signed anything like that. I know she was on the team the next 2 seasons as well, but she got some screentime in those as well.

The times Kelli Finglass has her headshots are both at auditions, and she was just one of the girls production chose not to feature because she didn't make it those times. Actually, she's one of the very first girls saying something to the cameras at Season 8 auditions.

Really? I thought that contract was from the min they enter the stadium for prelims. Maybe I am wrong I've never seen that contract. Can one of you guys who live in the US do the rest of us who don't live in the Us go to auditions and then dish us the dirt etc?

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Uk-Eve said:

Really? I thought that contract was from the min they enter the stadium for prelims. Maybe I am wrong I've never seen that contract. Can one of you guys who live in the US do the rest of us who don't live in the Us go to auditions and then dish us the dirt etc?

I've always wanted to travel over and go undercover at auditions!

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

You could all go. The shows not on anymore (😢) so you won’t be on tv and no one will know. 

But they are still filming tho or isnt that what someone said? They are filming and then somehow sell it to another channel.

21 hours ago, dariafan said:

I want yoo go to tryouts to hug Mr Phil

Want to come? Lets do a gofundme and go and we will do that to phil and then get the dirt on prelims and then spill the dirt on here, like the person that was on here a few years ago that was spilling everything and then one of you guys was saying her ig name changed to christina ricci or something (did we ever find out who that really was? Was it really blonde and bland christina who tried out like 5 or 6 times before making the team.

I really wonder when season 1 and 2 will go on itunes. I still havent seen those 2 at all and no vpn dont work with me cos every vpn I looked wants me to pay about 40 a year on it and 40 a year just to watch something once isnt going to make me pay it just for that. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

But they are still filming tho or isnt that what someone said? They are filming and then somehow sell it to another channel.

Tryouts (virtual prelims) haven't even started yet (online submissions accepted May 2-10) so there isn't even anything to film yet. What they'll do once training camp starts. Who knows?

Kelli said they are looking for someone to pick it up, but no news on that yet. 

If no one has picked it up by the time camp starts, whether or not they'd spend the dollars to film it themselves in the hopes of still selling it is questionable. I guess it would depend on how confident they are they could sell it & recoup their costs.

Edited by hannahbanana
Proofread before posting, not after. 👀
  • Love 6
53 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Tryouts (virtual prelims) haven't even started yet (online submissions accepted May 2-10) so there isn't even anything to film yet. What they'll do once training camp starts. Who knows?

Kelli said they are looking for someone to pick it up, but no news on that yet. 

If no one has picked it up by the time camp starts, whether or not they'd spend the dollars to film it themselves in the hopes of still selling it is questionable. I guess it would depend on how confident they are they could sell it & recoup their costs.

They should do what tampa bay buccaneers did. film it and stick it on youtube that way we can see how much views they really get!!!!

• Love 1
21 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Watching Season 1.  Is it sad that I remembered which two football players were featured (Ryan Fowler and Larry Brown) before their names were mentioned?

Nope not at all sad!   

• LOL 2

I was unsure where to post this…. I think this is the best location for the question… Are Kat, Chandi and Chelsey the only ones left from their rookie season together?  (I think 3 seasons ago). 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, TN DCC fan said:

I was unsure where to post this…. I think this is the best location for the question… Are Kat, Chandi and Chelsey the only ones left from their rookie season together?  (I think 3 seasons ago). 

I think 2021-2022 Squad or 2022 Audition Speculation might be a better place but I doubt anyone cares.

Yup.

Kat, Chandi and Kelsey are the only ones left.

But Victoria and Lisa who weren't on the team last year are planning to audition as well this year.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Kamal said:

I think 2021-2022 Squad or 2022 Audition Speculation might be a better place but I doubt anyone cares.

Yup.

Kat, Chandi and Kelsey are the only ones left.

But Victoria and Lisa who weren't on the team last year are planning to audition as well this year.

Yeah Victoria and Lisa if they make the team will be 3rd years this season 

• Love 1
On 4/20/2022 at 7:00 AM, ByTor said:

She sure did! I can't remember, did she get called out for it?

9 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

She sure did! I can't remember, did she get called out for it?

No because that scene was Kelli calling all vets into the locker room at the start of the reheasals to show them the "board of shame" of who got the lowest score and Nicole Hamilton and Erica was pracitcally at the bottom and Kelli physically called them out and said along the lines of "erica if you don't know about the cowboys then MAYBE you SHOULD GO LOOK AT YOUR LOCKER and hand your uniform in and leave" and Erica stormed out to look at it. 

Jaylyn "storming out" when she wasn't named for show group. In Kelli's eyes why should she call Erica out when she (erica) was TOLD by herself to go look at her locker. Theres a difference between that over Jayln NOT BEING TOLD to go to the locker room. You can understand Jayln going but in the eyes of Kelli its out of order. Erica and the rest of the vets was already in the locker room when Erica did it and was told to do so. 

27 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Jaylyn "storming out" when she wasn't named for show group. In Kelli's eyes why should she call Erica out when she (erica) was TOLD by herself to go look at her locker. Theres a difference between that over Jayln NOT BEING TOLD to go to the locker room. You can understand Jayln going but in the eyes of Kelli its out of order. Erica and the rest of the vets was already in the locker room when Erica did it and was told to do so. 

I think there was more to this scene then Kelli being mad because Jalyn left to the locker room without being told.  It seemed that Kelli was looking for a reason to get mad at Jalyn or that she was looking for a more "public" reaction to Jalyn not getting Show Group then she actually got (or both).

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Uk-Eve said:

No because that scene was Kelli calling all vets into the locker room at the start of the reheasals to show them the "board of shame" of who got the lowest score and Nicole Hamilton and Erica was pracitcally at the bottom and Kelli physically called them out and said along the lines of "erica if you don't know about the cowboys then MAYBE you SHOULD GO LOOK AT YOUR LOCKER and hand your uniform in and leave" and Erica stormed out to look at it.  

I remember the vets being told how they ranked but not Erica J storming out. I do remember Erica being called into Kelli's office and told about her attitude and solo. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

I remember the vets being told how they ranked but not Erica J storming out. I do remember Erica being called into Kelli's office and told about her attitude and solo. 

She just turned and walked into the bathroom actually

• Love 1