Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

59 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

It’s like once TPTB decide they are over you, you are done. No matter what you try to do. 

I think you're right about that for sure. They were definitely putting out that vibe about Colin, who I always liked because she didn't seem perfectly polished with her answers all the time. I liked how she said she had no idea that Gilley's was an iconic Dallas site. (I just remember it for being in "Urban Cowboy" myself.)

They were that way about Little Heather, too. They were all over her the year she made it, the next year they were like "she needs to be GREAT" and all that. Raylee got the kiss of death after two years. It makes me wonder if these girls just didn't kiss butt enough (esp to Charlotte) to get an open-armed return from TPTB.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Especially since Danielle was brought into TC (due to an at the buzzer save by KelFine and CharJo) after that crappy performance. Yes she was injured, and I say this as a fan of Danielle...but if she were anyone else, she wouldn’t have made it into TC that year. 

I feel Danielle was brought back to TC for 2 reasons:

1) I believe Kelli liked her and probably felt guilty about her name not being on the original list.

2) Cassie came back to TC in her 5th year still injured. If they didn't take Danielle, Kelli would have never heard the end of it. Probably didn't want to get accused of favoritism. 

JMHO.

• Love 3

I’m watching Season 9 now, and omg a 4 year vet being cut before training camp is absolutely insane! Three vets were cut on season 9, and honestly I think they were more brutal than necessary 

10 hours ago, Pksbena1 said:

I love Colin. Have always thought she was adorable. Follow her on IG. She seems so happy being married and has a new puppy. Wish her all the best! Really liked a lot of the rookies from Season 7. 

What is Colin's IG? Thanks.

14 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

1) I believe Kelli liked her and probably felt guilty about her name not being on the original list.

2) Cassie came back to TC in her 5th year still injured. If they didn't take Danielle, Kelli would have never heard the end of it. Probably didn't want to get accused of favoritism. 

JMHO.

Oh I completely agree. Bringing her back was all KelFine’s soft spot for her.

Danielle was always one of my favorites. I always thought she was so pretty and seemed so sweet. Real time watching S8 finals episode, I was upset she wasn’t going to make it.

But upon the rewatches thanks to Pluto, I can understand why the judges didn’t want to bring her back just based on her dance audition. They’d only known her for her one rookie season, and most rookies tend to be on their best behavior (most...not all of course!)

I think Danielle fit their DCC standards (despite getting a weight warning later that same TC) better than some of the girls that were cut during S8 finals. But I’m not sure the other vets who were cut in S8 finals, like Colin and Terri, understood that at the time. I think they probably saw Danielle struggle with the dance portions and wonder why she wasn’t also cut while they were sent packing. Yeah, Terri’s interview was painful, but we’ve seen other vets have bad interviews and make it back.   

I vacillate between agreeing with and not agreeing with bringing Cassie back that last year. After rewatching some of S7, I do think Cassie looked her best that year, beauty-wise. 

And after this year, I just don’t think KelFine and CharJo give any shits about appearing to play favorites. 😆 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I vacillate between agreeing with and not agreeing with bringing Cassie back that last year

TBH I'm fine with any 5 year candidate making it back with an injury, they did their time, but a 2nd year not so much.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

JMHO.

Cassie was injured while on the clock as a DCC, though, as was Brooke...so IMO, it would be super jerky to not bring them back, especially if they're projected to recover in time for the season.   Injured reserve, so to speak.  I don't think Cassie's surgery had healed enough for her to even do what she did during auditions...watching her dance made me cringe.  I kind of wish they'd just discussed it...hey, girl has had four years, been a perfectly fine DCC, she's a group leader, let her through.  What would they have done if she still had a cast on, like Brooke did during the team pic?  I think they've been very lucky that they haven't seen this happen more, especially in the era of the jump split.

I'm racking my brain to think if there have been any other veterans in that situation.  They've dropped a handful of TCC with injuries (Emma, Tessa) but that made sense because they hadn't had any real time with them.

Danielle was more of a grey area for me, because she was injured practicing for her solo and because of sheer dumb luck.  I'm glad they let her back in, though!  It's a judgment call with vets and I feel like they made the right choice.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, dariafan said:

Her face when she didn’t make it to training camp though ...

Yeh...She felt like she got so close the year before and then nothing...that's when they said she took some of their moves and made them look bad 😞  I felt bad for her but she really didn't look good at all.

1 minute ago, kalibean said:

Cassie was injured while on the clock as a DCC, though, as was Brooke...so IMO, it would be super jerky to not bring them back, especially if they're projected to recover in time for the season.   Injured reserve, so to speak.  I don't think Cassie's surgery had healed enough for her to even do what she did during auditions...watching her dance made me cringe.  I kind of wish they'd just discussed it...hey, girl has had four years, been a perfectly fine DCC, she's a group leader, let her through.  What would they have done if she still had a cast on, like Brooke did during the team pic?  I think they've been very lucky that they haven't seen this happen more, especially in the era of the jump split.

I'm racking my brain to think if there have been any other veterans in that situation.  They've dropped a handful of TCC with injuries (Emma, Tessa) but that made sense because they hadn't had any real time with them.

Danielle was more of a grey area for me, because she was injured practicing for her solo and because of sheer dumb luck.  I'm glad they let her back in, though!  It's a judgment call with vets and I feel like they made the right choice.

I'm in total agreement with all of this 🙂

• Love 3

I thought that it made sense to bring Cassie and Danielle back. In both cases, the poor performance could be traced back to the injury and both were expected to recover, so I think it makes sense that they got a pass. They look at “potential” for rookie candidates all of the time, so I don’t think that it’s terribly different. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

Season 7 is one of my favorites, too. It has extra episodes. I feel like we got to know the TCCs a lot better and they were all so different. In the past few years, they’ve tended to run together and seemed more forgettable. Kali finally made it after trying out so many times. Colin was funny. Chelsea was spunky. It was Jacie’s first season. Danielle and Jasmine were Jets newcomers. It was a fun mix of personalities. 

It probably got extra episodes because it was Cassies last season. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Anduril said:

It probably got extra episodes because it was Cassies last season. 

And it "sucks" that Pluto cuts out certain eps all the time.  I think they weren't showing the calendar shoot ep and now they don't show the ep where Jordan misses the game bus and the calendar is revealed.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

S11:

Holy shit, you guys. Totally forgot that Claire existed. When they announced her for Show Group, I thought “What the eff is a Claire?”

Also Bethanys grand plié heel walk....nightmares for daaaaaays. 

Kitty: “Do you think I want to watch you go across the floor to make fun of you? YES. 😐

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • LOL 5
20 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

S11:

Holy shit, you guys. Totally forgot that Claire existed. When they announced her for Show Group, I thought “What the eff is a Claire?”

Also Bethanys grand plié heel walk....nightmares for daaaaaays. 

Kitty: “Do you think I want to watch you go across the floor to make fun of you? YES. 😐

So you forgot Claire’s hair color matched the floor of the salon😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Omg, that’s right!! 😆 I got home late from work so I missed that episode. They ended up making her blend into the floor so well that she became totally camouflaged and I forgot she existed. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • LOL 6
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yeah, who could forget Kelli saying at the Salon (and I saw this on Pluto maybe yesterday?) to Claire, "Your floor color hair has become a reality. What do you think?" What the bleep was Claire supposed to say to that? That she'd rather have not had her locks dyed to match cheap laminate flooring? Geesh...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
9 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Omg, that’s right!! 😆 I got home late from work so I missed that S11 episode. They ended up making her blend into the floor so well that she became totally camouflaged and I forgot she existed. 

If that could happen with others😜

• LOL 3
2 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

How many did they end up with in season 11?  Trying to remember who else besides Amy and Kyndall get cut in the next episode

37 - cause Yuko and Simone couldn't perform at the first game, but Emma brought it up to 36.

• Useful 1
On 1/27/2020 at 7:49 PM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Can someone complete this list of the Audition Judges please and thanks!

Mickey Spagnola
Randy Steele 
Melissa Rycroft Strickland
Brenda Teele
Scott Padgett
Sandi Newton
Neal McCoy
Charlotte Jones
Kelli Finglass
Kristi Scales
Anthony Ramos

There's still a few I can't name.  Anyone?

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
changed some wording

So, what happened between former besties Tara and Savannah? Their rookie year they were all over each other, even crying when they were just thinking the other might not make the team. The following year, they were never shown together, and Savannah was noticeably absent when Tara was called into the office and subsequently cut from the team. All the other teammates rushed over to comfort her, but not Savannah. Just wondered if anyone else noticed, or if anyone had any insight. Thanks

9 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Mickey Spagnola
Randy Steele 
Brenda Teele
Scott Padgett
Sandi Newton
Neal McCoy
Charlotte Jones
Kelli Finglass
Kristi Scales
Anthony Ramos

Judy Trammel...

• Useful 2

I can’t find that post that stated this, but was Danielle someone special or important that “anyone else” would have been cut while she wasn’t? It seems like she had just proven herself as a solid rookie and Kelli liked her as a performer, and anyone who hadn’t done those things would have been cut, right?

Watching past seasons on Pluto and I sooooo annoyed by so many girls getting into the "cut" meeting who are like "oh, I know I can do this!/Please let me show you I can make this team/I promise I can dance bigger/I'll prove to you I can do this/give me one more chance!" I'm sittin here thinking, 'girl. you've had <fill in the blank> weeks in training camp to prove this!! WTF did you think training camp was for?"

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, DCC fan said:

So, what happened between former besties Tara and Savannah? Their rookie year they were all over each other, even crying when they were just thinking the other might not make the team. The following year, they were never shown together, and Savannah was noticeably absent when Tara was called into the office and subsequently cut from the team. All the other teammates rushed over to comfort her, but not Savannah. Just wondered if anyone else noticed, or if anyone had any insight. Thanks

That's a great question ... I was wondering that myself ..  hmm

• Love 2

Every time I see season 1 and see Kelli's pet project Kalli ... I roll my eyes 🙄 The Briana season was a repeat of no one else voting her into camp but Kelli pushed her through anyway ... The blonde girl (forget her name ...darn) deserved to go into camp for a try more than Kalli Fulerton .. I have a feeling CMT thought she was a cute face for the camera if you thought VK was shoved down your throat it ranks right up there with her 😩

3 hours ago, DCC fan said:

I absolutely did!  To the point I wondered if the breakup is what caused Tara's change.  She was definitely down and out and not her A+++ self for that TC.  She used to sparkle, and someone took that away.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I thought that it made sense to bring Cassie and Danielle back. In both cases, the poor performance could be traced back to the injury and both were expected to recover, so I think it makes sense that they got a pass. They look at “potential” for rookie candidates all of the time, so I don’t think that it’s terribly different. 

Agreed.  Plus it's not like they won't cut a veteran in Training Camp!  I imagine if Danielle hadn't gotten her weight and her injury under control she would have gotten the boot.

As for Tara, I feel like that got played up for the cameras just like Danielle and Jasmine did.  Once they got settled into their new city with the person they already knew, they probably just clicked better with other people on the squad and people they met along the way.  I was never a big Tara fan (blender, short legs) but both seemed like nice enough peeps.  Probably just living different Dallas lifestyles.  And if Tara was slipping into some tougher troubles, which was rumored here but not confirmed, Savannah might have just distanced herself from it after a while.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Anthony Ramos
Brenda Teele
Charlotte Jones
Judy Trammel
Kelli Finglass
Kristi Scales
Meredith Land
Neal McCoy
Sandi Newton
Scott Padgett

Is this it now? Thanks!

Does anyone know who approached who about having a CMT series? I wonder if CMT approached the Cowboys or vice versa?

Episode 104:  The Camp DCC stuff is too cute (especially now that I see little Sam and Victoria)

alphabetized the list and added something

Can someone remind me what Jennifer McMahon got cut for? Was it dating a player? Watching her interview in Season 3 (same season as Cassie T's rookie year) and she was asked if the cheerleaders were allowed to date players and she said she would say no if Tony Romo asked her out (I think?).

can't spell tonight

Episode 303:  Does anyone know who was sitting in rehearsal and that locker room meeting in street clothes.  At first I thought it was Sarah Gourley then I saw her in the locker room in her blue practice attire. 

ETA - I'm seeing her from the back in SEVERAL scenes in Episode 304

Did anyone else get the "pissed off" vibe from Erica Jenkins that Kelli called her out on? I thought she just looked really "upset".

Added something.
50 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Episode 303:  Does anyone know who was sitting in rehearsal and that locker room meeting in street clothes.  At first I thought it was Sarah Gourley then I saw her in the locker room in her blue practice attire. 

ETA - I'm seeing her from the back in SEVERAL scenes in Episode 304

Did anyone else get the "pissed off" vibe from Erica Jenkins that Kelli called her out on? I thought she just looked really "upset".

OH, she was pissed. Part of it was getting called out for weight and because K & J dissed her solo "costume" because she was "trying to hide her weight gain." Seeing your picture near the bottom on a board had to be upsetting, too. But I think she was more pissed her friend got cut from the team, I think.

1 hour ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I thought she looked like she was ready to cut a bitch.

Episode 306, when they were taking the cameo photos of Cassie, and Judy jumped up there with her.  "We do have a lot of fun together, and we rarely get to be ourselves during this process."  Very interesting comment.  I often feel like Judy is holding back what she really wants to say. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

I thought she looked like she was ready to cut a bitch.

Wonder why Kelli didn't cut her on the spot then

11 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

I often feel like Judy is holding back what she really wants to say. 

Judy was probably itching to give the same kind of corrections to Cassie that she allowed Cassie to give to Taylor Lowry later on (what season was that?).

hit enter before I finished my thought and can't spell
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Can someone remind me what Jennifer McMahon got cut for? Was it dating a player? Watching her interview in Season 3 (same season as Cassie T's rookie year) and she was asked if the cheerleaders were allowed to date players and she said she would say no if Tony Romo asked her out (I think?).

She was supposedly cut for partying at the calendar shoot.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Does the number of girls that make the team depend on the expected veterans injury issues that season ? There are all stars but looks like lately they have not used them as much. If there is a veteran with questionable knee or back issues will they take more ? Season 7 was huge yet only 36 is put in the triangle right ? Did they alternate like this past season ?

8 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Because she’s a beautiful natural redhead that made show group her rookie year. And a gorgeous dancer. I think Kelli knew she had a bad moment of sass but would adjust her attitude quickly. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
49 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Because she’s a beautiful natural redhead that made show group her rookie year. And a gorgeous dancer. I think Kelli knew she had a bad moment of sass but would adjust her attitude quickly. 

She also went to Jay asap and got her weight down, which showed at cameos. I think she realized that she was about to get cut if she didn’t lose the weight and swallow her anger. 

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Judy was probably itching to give the same kind of corrections to Cassie that she allowed Cassie to give to Taylor Lowry later on (what season was that?).

Oh, I don't think Judy has ever held back on correcting Cassie, ast least when she was growing up.  I feel like Judy has been molding Cassie since she was a little girl.  I'm picturing little Cassie at dance lessons, with Judy in the background shouting "point your TOES!  DON'T SKIP!  What are you DOING?!"  

• LOL 5