Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S03.E03: Firework Starter

Recommended Posts

Quote

Fireworks continue as the party winds down; after Danielle and Jordan's tryst, he sets his sights on Paige; Lindsay reconnects with Everett; Kyle and Amanda work together on their new start-up; the women tell Danielle about Jordan's true feelings.

Airs March 18, 2019.

Share this post


Link to post

Preview for next week.  Did C/Karl actually say, "well, I'm horny and it's Saturday" in reference to going after one of the women housemates??? (Sorry, can't remember her name -- cute, with shorter dark hair.  New this season.)

Ugh.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Jordan is so gross. I'm convinced he acts like a player just because he thinks he's a "hot guy" and that's what hot guys do. 

I'm not sure what I think about Lindsey telling Danielle, though. I mean, it's on tv; she'd figure it out eventually. But Lindsey just seems to get such glee from seeing other people unhappy. Maybe it assuages the shame she feels for always running back to Everett?

Paige's list may be unrealistic, but so damn funny. 

Can we stop adding "ito" on to everyone's name?

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Hannah is an asshole. Asking the question about who he’s more into was an asshole move. I also hope that we don’t have to hear about her tennis past every episode.

I think Lindsey had to tell Danielle just so she knew before she continued to go after Jordan. If she wants to continue to go after him that’s on her.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

If Lindsey were a real friend, she'd have told Danielle immediately after it happened, not a week later on camera.  I agree with ghoulina, she loves the schadenfreude.

Jordan is the worst, gives off such creepy vibes.  So job dodging that bullet, Paige.  Wednesday's are for spray tans. And for Kyle sniffing out the oddness of his using screenshots to prove that she's somehow into him.

Oh, not Everett again! 

Carl 3.0 is my favorite Carl ever (so far).  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Is it my imagination or has this show become a little too formulaic?  I'm falling asleep before I get more than halfway through.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I can't believe Lindsay is only 31.  She reminds me of the 45-55 year old divorced women going for round two of being 20 in the bars in my city, trawling for men.  And she kind of looks like it too.  She's a cute girl but her style and aesthetic do her no favors.  I wish Lindsay and Everett could figure their shit out bc I think they could be a decent couple if they weren't such assholes.

I'm actually liking Paige.  My first impression of her was not so much, but I'm pleasantly surprised!  Hannah is SO not ladylike.  Not that you have to be but there's something very crass about her.

Jordan, I just want him to fall flat on his face.  He is insufferable.  

I think Danielle is absolutely gorgeous but is also doing herself NO favors.  None.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, snarts said:

f Lindsey were a real friend, she'd have told Danielle immediately after it happened, not a week later on camera.  I agree with ghoulina, she loves the schadenfreude.

Sure in the real world but at the end of the day it’s a tv show and this is a storyline.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Jordan is nowhere near as cute as he thinks he is. TY black jesus that I am not 20-something living in NYC & this is the type of guy to have as an option!

it was bad enough being in South Beach in the early 90s when the models first started to hit town! 🤣

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Wow. Jordon sucks. He might be in the Top 10 Worst People on Bravo. He’s also really weird looking. Combine that with his rancid personality and I don’t get it.

Other things I don’t get, Amanda working so hard to get Kyle across the alter. I have no problem with Kyle, but...why? Why is she trying so hard to marry him? I really don’t follow how she decided Kyle was the one.

Also Carl can just fucking stop lecturing women about how silly and naive it is to expect to be treated as people instead of objects. I admit I don’t like the guy and I’m very suspicious of his new leaf and this is why. I can not abide listening to Carl mansplain hook-ups. He’s the fucking worst. Well second worst. Jordon is the worst. Well third worst. Lindsey’s taste in clothes, hair, and makeup is the worst (goodness that girl is tacky), then Jorden’s entire personality, then Carl’s barley contained smug contempt for women. That’s my worst list. 

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Like 8
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/19/2019 at 3:27 AM, biakbiak said:

Hannah is an asshole. Asking the question about who he’s more into was an asshole move. I also hope that we don’t have to hear about her tennis past every episode. 

But it was a great reality TV question. I also loved that she stayed in to eat the leftover pizza. Every time I watch this show, I marvel at the fact that no one ever seems to need some alone time. It was nice to see someone say "I can't be around people anymore today." So: I think I like her.

I'm not really into Kyle's new business as a storyline. But I would be interested to know how the summer house situation (and the stress of filming) is affecting Paige, Hannah, and Jordan at work. Would love to hear from an insider at Betches what's going on between them and how their co-workers are reacting to seeing the show.

ETA: Jordan saying that Danielle is the "rental" and Paige is the "Lamborghini" is so, so gross. I don't like how Danielle has treated Amanda, but I also don't like how Jordan is treating Danielle (who in all honesty should be out of his league).

Edited by lisalionheart
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, lisalionheart said:

But it was a great reality TV question. I also loved that she stayed in to eat the leftover pizza. Every time I watch this show, I marvel at the fact that no one ever seems to need some alone time. It was nice to see someone say "I can't be around people anymore today." So: I think I like her.

I'm not really into Kyle's new business as a storyline. But I would be interested to know how the summer house situation (and the stress of filming) is affecting Paige, Hannah, and Jordan at work. Would love to hear from an insider at Betches what's going on between them and how their co-workers are reacting to seeing the show.

ETA: Jordan saying that Danielle is the "rental" and Paige is the "Lamborghini" is so, so gross. I don't like how Danielle has treated Amanda, but I also don't like how Jordan is treating Danielle (who in all honesty should be out of his league).

Co-sign to all of this. Plus Hannah being excited to eat cold pizza in her pjs all alone is the most I think I’ve ever related to a Bravo-lebrity. Oh my god I live to eat junk food in my bed all alone. It’s all I ever want to do. I basically force myself to do other things. It made me like her so much that I started to wonder if some of her Hannah-ness is actually a super competitive athlete’s attempt to cover up being shy and socially awkward. I could sort of buy it. It doesn’t sound like she started socializing until college and she’s only 25 or 26 now. I could sort of see the twisted logic in a athlete’s brain that if you’re insecure around your peers the solution is to attack them with the most social action ever! Win the party! No defeat! I’m not saying I’m sold on this theory, but it’s possible.

Also, Jordan is trash. I can’t say it enough so I’ll say it again. Jordon is trash.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/20/2019 at 8:05 AM, DrSparkles said:

it was bad enough being in South Beach in the early 90s when the models first started to hit town!

That was such a magical time on South Beach!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Whoever trained Hannah to play tennis stole her money. That girl was NOT the 15th best player ever. She looks like every women I’ve seen play who made it to JV on her high school team. Jordan and Carl are AWFUL, and they showed them at least getting in some volleys. If she was really that good their reflexes wouldn’t be quick enough to return anything. 

I like Carl’s new style, but can we give it a rest on how stressful it is for him to meet his quota? We get it, you have a job. Congratulations. So does everyone else. Just do it. And stop bragging about how hard you’re working if you’re still not meeting your quota. That’s the bare minimum they expect you to do. Whether it’s realistic or not is another matter. 

I really hope we don’t get more of Kyle’s “businesses”. He’s following a long line of reality stars who think that being an alcoholic means they know something about alcohol. That guy was right, the failure rate is extremely high, and that’s for people who know what they’re doing, bring some value to the industry, and bust their asses on it. Kyle is hiring a third-party vendor to do all the work for him and has no idea what the cost structure or business plan is? Yeah, he won’t get screwed over at all. It’s like old saying, “The people who make the real money are the ones who sell restaurant supplies, not the one starting restaurants”.

Lindsey is going to insert herself into each and every issue this season and blow everything out of proportion just to get screen time. “Hey Kyle, still haven’t heard your thoughts on Everett.” “How dare you lecture me on my relationships!!!” And the thing with Danielle and Jordan is going to be annoying. They got drunk and hooked up. I thought Danielle was all about getting the “D”? I didn’t think she cared about guys, just wants to party and sleep with a bunch of dudes? I guess that only works for her, and guys aren’t allowed to only kiss her and then move on. And I don’t like Jordan, I think he’s a tool, but I also don’t think a makeout session deserves this much effort. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Stan39 said:

That girl was NOT the 15th best player ever. She looks like every women I’ve seen play who made it to JV on her high school team. Jordan and Carl are AWFUL, and they showed them at least getting in some volleys. If she was really that good their reflexes wouldn’t be quick enough to return anythin

Accoridng to her bio at Wisconsin where she played she was 15 in the under 14 category on 2005. Her stats as an adult are linked in one of the other episode threads.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Accoridng to her bio at Wisconsin where she played she was 15 in the under 14 category on 2005. Her stats as an adult are linked in one of the other episode threads.

Yes, I posted them. She's not lying.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

As I said in my post about episode 2, I don't think Jordan is straight.  My suspicions were confirmed when he popped on the Speedo and bikini top.  I consider alcohol to be a truth serum of sorts and think people say and do what they really want to when under the influence.  He's making too many efforts to appear "manly," going so far as to act like he can pick and choose whichever girl he cares to be about.  Yuck.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Jets4274 said:

My suspicions were confirmed when he popped on the Speedo and bikini top.  I consider alcohol to be a truth serum of sorts and think people say and do what they really want to when under the influence.  

Being gay doesn’t equal putting on a speedo and a bikini top. Tons of straight guys have done the same thing, I think Kyle did it at the last season or the season before rhe difference was he owned it and it wasn’t a strangers that he put on.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/24/2019 at 10:20 PM, biakbiak said:

Being gay doesn’t equal putting on a speedo and a bikini top. Tons of straight guys have done the same thing, I think Kyle did it at the last season or the season before rhe difference was he owned it and it wasn’t a strangers that he put on.

I’m still not buying it.  I clearly don’t know him personally but all of the housemates’ thought something was off about what he did.  Then add in his ridiculously fake macho attitude.  I just can’t stand seeing people act like they’re something that they’re not by taking advantage of people.  Who knows what his real story is but I sure as hell don’t think he’s being his true self.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Jets4274 said:

housematesthought something was off about what he did.  

Because it was some random strangers apparently worn and not washed bathing suit. I have no clue if he is closeted but that action doesn’t indicate anything other than the fact that he is a skeeze who isn’t a germaphobe.

Edited by biakbiak

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/19/2019 at 7:29 AM, b2H said:

Is it my imagination or has this show become a little too formulaic?  I'm falling asleep before I get more than halfway through.

I agree with you. It's like they are very predictable and even more unrealistic than the usual unrealistic 'reality' shows. Lots of random gossiping/arguing, sniffing around for a storyline

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I have no clue if he is closeted but that action doesn’t indicate anything other than the fact that he is a skeeze who isn’t a germaphobe.

You know a show has lost its appeal when you don't care about any of the characters enough to even notice that one of them tried on a random suit 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Chalby said:

I agree with you. It's like they are very predictable and even more unrealistic than the usual unrealistic 'reality' shows. Lots of random gossiping/arguing, sniffing around for a storyline

It’s been my experience watching too much reality tv that you get one (maybe two) seasons of something new and original before it becomes formulaic like every other reality show. Once characters figure out what it takes to get screen time they take on certain roles or personalities that become their thing and then blow that out at every opportunity. Even watching when Bravo launches a new Housewives franchise, you typically get one interesting season getting to know the people and the city a little, before they get fake af and become a personality. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×