Type keyword(s) to search

Karlie Kloss: The New Heidi

Message added by Drogo

Reminder: No politics.

• Start Topic

I admit I expected to hate her (terribly unfairly, for her choice of in-laws). But she came across as very authentic and just plain nice. And lordy how tall! Poor Christian looked like a munchkin next to her!

• Love 4

I was so surprised by how much I liked her, and how at ease she was with the designers. No uncomfortable settling-in period. I kind of wanted to hate her, because of she's part of a crime family, but I sold out my values for entertainment--I'm an American, dammit! That's what we do. She's also 9 feet tall, which is amazing. The guy part of the couple I watched with looked up and gasped, "How tall IS she?"

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Anybody else notice Karlie's major faux pas this episode?

All the designers were standing on the runway (or maybe it was just the high and the low scores), and she said:

"One of you will be in, and one of you will be out." (not "one of you will be the winner")

So, what's going to happen to the other 4? Project Runway: Edge of Extinction?

(but seriously, an editor should've caught that and made her ADR it. Sloppy work, Magical Elves.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I had stopped watching PR because I was just "done" with Heidi and her hooker outfits.  I'm finding this new person refreshing . . . but - to be honest - I'd never heard of her before tuning in for this season.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Other than being tall and thin, I'm still surprised Kloss is a supermodel.  Her face is so vanilla with no features that stand out.

And I'm finding her personality pretty vanilla and dull, too.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Other than being tall and thin, I'm still surprised Kloss is a supermodel.  Her face is so vanilla with no features that stand out.

I think she's quite pretty, with killer cheekbones. And she struts the runway with authority, piercing eyes and a knowing smirk. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, ExplainItAgain said:

I actually really like Karlie, but does she remind anyone else of Kirsten Dunst?

I don't go to enough movies to know who Kirstin Dunst is, but I like Karlie pretty well as well. She seems a bit more "on" than is strictly necessary, but I figure she'll grow into her role. She seems nice, and makes reasonable comments.

• Love 1
On 10/21/2019 at 6:04 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Karlie Kloss shared a video about her custom Dior wedding gown, from the initial inspiration and sketches to fittings and the finished dress:

It's a lovely dress and fit her perfectly, but - it didn't look any more lovely than many off-the-rack dresses I've seen. It's a white dress with lace and a (boring, IMO) tulle veil. Worth all that time, effort, and money? Hmmm...

• Love 1

Yup, very pretty wedding dress, but certainly nothing over-the-top special.   At least it had an actual bodice and sleeves.   I can't wait for the strapless craze to go extinct.   It's so unflattering on  99% of brides who choose it.   Plus, there are so many ways to design bodices, necklines and sleeves ...... why would you forego all that???  Karlie's and Kate Middleton's wedding dresses both left me a bit underwhelmed.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 2
On 1/19/2020 at 1:25 PM, Gothish520 said:

It's a lovely dress and fit her perfectly, but - it didn't look any more lovely than many off-the-rack dresses I've seen. It's a white dress with lace and a (boring, IMO) tulle veil. Worth all that time, effort, and money? Hmmm...

2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Yup, very pretty wedding dress, but certainly nothing over-the-top special.   At least it had an actual bodice and sleeves.   I can't wait for the strapless craze to go extinct.   It's so unflattering on  99% of brides who choose it.   Plus, there are so many ways to design bodices, necklines and sleeves ...... why would you forego all that???  Karlie's and Kate Middleton's wedding dresses both left me a bit underwhelmed.

I agree - it's fine but not worth the effort of having it custom made. It looks like a run of the mill off the rack wedding dress.

• Love 1