Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E13: Chokepoint

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, marcee said:

Sidebar: There are no cats in the Zombie Apocalypse because they've all been eaten by humans... not zombies.

A dog would probably provide more meat, plus they follow you everywhere so easier to hunt. 👍🏼

3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Oh, great.  Now something that I have never noticed before is going to preoccupy my mind every time I see that douchecanoe on screen.

Is a douchecanoe what you use to paddle up Shit Creek?

😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

We do know that Carol sent him to Hilltop to become a blacksmith.

Well, if you had that annoying, pouty twerp hanging around your house, wouldn't you use even the flimsiest excuse to get rid of him?

30 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

We haven't seen Henry at his apprentice "job" since he got busted for being drunk.

We haven't seen him do one thing that's useful - nothing besides bug people, sit in jail, get out, be a nuisance, get in the way, and bug more people. He is a blight on our screens.

• Love 8
On 3/15/2019 at 10:16 PM, walnutqueen said:

Geographically challenged, aren't we?  ;~)

Well... they may be different towns, but they ARE in the same county....

Edited by Nashville
  • LOL 1

On the rewatch, Daryl and Connie actually do have a good idea. Instead of "Run away from small group of whisperers, then deal with them plus larger group later," they went for "We have Lydia, and you know we have Lydia, so we're gonna go up into a high-rise siege situation." If Alpha didn't obviously want Lydia back alive, it would be a death trap. The whisperers could just drag in a bunch of firewood and smoke those upstairs to death. But under those particular circumstances, it was a rare opportunity to eliminate some of the enemies' top fighters. Oh, the plan sure as hell didn't go perfectly. But compared, to... oh, I don't know... let's say... a Rick plan? Daryl Is fucking killing it!

• Love 6
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:34 AM, theredhead77 said:

I know I'm one of the few who watch TWD for enjoyment instead of hate watching and I loved this episode. I don't read comics and stay out of spoilers except to make sure Dog doesn't die (CTRL F dog does wonders in the spoiler thread) so I sure hope the Highwaymen aren't going to double cross the Kingdom or any of the communities. The vibe I get is they are doing what they do to survive the Saviors and those sorts of groups. We've only seen the groups in the area this crew is at. Maybe they came from Texas or TN or somewhere else and encountered other gangs along the way.

I can totally see Darryl remaining single by choice. He had a horrible childhood it seemed his early adult years started off rough too. Some people are just better off single. Men and women can be friends without a brother /sister relationship. They can just!be!friends!, period. Connie would be a good match for Darryl. She's strong, independant and doesn't take his shit. If you go by the actors age she is age appropriate - there is a 9 year gap between their ages. At 40 dating someone who is 50 isn't that big of a deal, especially after you spent the last 10 years in the ZA and pop culture, etc... no longer matters.

I didn't realize she was that old. She's the sister of Angel Theory's character who doesn't look older than 20, so I assumed she was closer to her sister's age.  This sort of paralell's the Beth character/actress. She was playing a teen, but nearly 30.

I've never stanned for anyone on this show. I don't watch soap operas and I'm not into it. That said, even I could see that there was some chemistry between the actors (Carol/Daryl) in their scenes together. I don't know if it was on the actor's part, or if it was just a byproduct of their scenes together, but it was an obvious thing picked on and commented about ad nauseum, in the first few years of the show.

The writers then chose to ignore it. They could have taken it any way they wanted, since Daryl is nonexistent in the comic and Carol was killed off. They didn't though, and instead chose to make the relationship one that put Carol into the motherly category. I've read over, also ad nauseum, that the Daryl actor insisted that he wanted to play Daryl as asexual because there aren't any other characters like his, that  have been kept asexual.  Maybe he was just afraid of his rabid fans? Who knows? 

Anyway, I could give a shit who he's paired up with or if he is paired up, period. Except for this.  I do think more women are sick of seeing male characters who are paired up with women much younger than them, and while 9 years is not too much younger, it is younger than the character probably should have been paired up with the character he should have, if there wasn't such a sexist and ageist thing against women in casting love interests for male characters, by large, and that is gross. 

They teased a sexual relationship between Daryl and Hershell's  youngest teenage daughter, even though the actor was nearly 30, and that was gross of them. If people bitched about that then, it's understandable. More understandable than with Connie, but there is still a context to all of this, and  times have changed. The Connie actress might look younger than her actual age, but the Daryl actor looks older than his. And that matters in the real world, if not the soap opera that this show has turned into.

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 1:41 PM, AngelaHunter said:

His original, "Stupid bitch" and "Olive Oyl" gave me such hope for an interesting, quirky character, but he quickly fizzled out to silent sidekick, with all personality removed.

Daryl's dialogue there was written by assholes who were giving the asshole commenters a voice on Carol and Lori.  Although I did laugh at the Olive Oyl line, because they had been pushing Lori as a sex symbol and that diffused it.

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:07 PM, lezlers said:

I don't disagree and I'm not trying to go off topic, here.  But page after page of nothing but "this show is so stupid, I hate it.  I'm never watching it again!!" gets old after a while.  My point is merely that it's nice to see some positive opinions on here.  It's not an argument, it's an observation.

I used to say the same thing you did. When the show had a shred of hope attached to it. 

But it really is actually worse reading how convoluted a lot of people have to get in their reasoning, all in vain, to service a show that passed it's fresh date long ago, and which has never gotten better. 

But again, since this is only entertainment, YMMV.

Edited by Butless
  • Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:32 PM, icemiser69 said:

It would be kind of useless in the dark.  Maybe Connie can dip her hands in glow in the dark paint?

She can write with Sparklers. 

• LOL 3
8 hours ago, Butless said:

I didn't realize she was that old. She's the sister of Angel Theory's character who doesn't look older than 20, so I assumed she was closer to her sister's age.  This sort of paralell's the Beth character/actress. She was playing a teen, but nearly 30.

I don't see any parallels to Beth and never got the impression Connie is playing a teen. She seems to be in her mid-late 30s, close to her actual age.

I think Connie and Michonne should switch roles. Michonne can go help Daryl fight Beta, and Connie can guard Negan. It would drive him absolutely batshit, having somebody just sit there reading a book while he tries to monologue at them.

• LOL 9