Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
nodorothyparker

S09.E13: Chokepoint

6 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

I assume Connie carries multiple pens and writing tablets. Which is a habit more people should have. Another good habit would be for the rest of the group to start learning sign language from her and her sister and using it in stealth situations. AMC would need to have subtitles for that built into the broadcast, but it's no more difficult than "Survivor" doing exactly that whenever they have a whisperer, mumbler, or person with heavy accent.

I prefer subtitles, just as long as they stay on screen and are relatively short.   If I don't know they are coming, subtitles often disappear before I can read them all.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Butless said:

Do you honestly believe that the main audience of this show is made up of middleaged women? Because I gotta believe that Carol is loved on a much larger audience base. The character went from abused to stronger and stronger. It was seen, commented and reacted to by the other OG characters.  The audience had an underdog to root for. Who cant identify with a character like that? SHe didn't become infallible until the last few years; a victim of bad writing, because the actress has already shown she's better than that.

I haven't liked Carol ever since she set up dog to get possibly eaten by a walker just in an effort to get Daryl to bond with shithead (Henry).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I was tickled to see that the Kingdom has a statue of Shiva, the shows true hero, up on top of a building. RIP. 

That was the best part of the episode.

I was expecting Ezekiel to be eating Kellogg's Frosted Flakes every morning (Tony the Tiger cereal).

Edited by icemiser69
  • Like 3

After 9 years of this show, I would think people would have learned by now that no one survives in the Zombie Apocalypse by themselves. People need each other to watch each other's backs and to not go crazy. So yes, Connie has a disability and by herself, I am sure it would have been difficult for her to survive, but she had a group and like other survivors including our own people, she developed the skills to fight and uses her intelligence and her other senses in dangerous situations. As Lauren pointed out on Talking Dead, the light behind her warned that one of the walkers was coming to her.

On this show, silence is key to survival when outside of the walls. People occasionally whisper, but mostly they communicate with gestures in silence so as not to attract the walkers and this is exactly what Daryl and Connie were doing. So the claim that writing notes slows down the action is false and contradicts everything we saw on the screen. She and Daryl weren't writing notes during the fight scenes. Also, considering that there is paper everywhere even the Highwaymen have enough to write a letter, running out of paper is farfetched. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Like 10
  • Useful 1

When the Highwaymen were giving their whole holding the road for ransom shtick I was so ticked off because it was Saviors 2.0 -- so honestly, the whole movie thing was such a welcome comic relief. We don't need anymore bad guys. I kinda loved the whole thing. It was ridiculous, but in a good way.

• Like 19

I know I'm one of the few who watch TWD for enjoyment instead of hate watching and I loved this episode. I don't read comics and stay out of spoilers except to make sure Dog doesn't die (CTRL F dog does wonders in the spoiler thread) so I sure hope the Highwaymen aren't going to double cross the Kingdom or any of the communities. The vibe I get is they are doing what they do to survive the Saviors and those sorts of groups. We've only seen the groups in the area this crew is at. Maybe they came from Texas or TN or somewhere else and encountered other gangs along the way.

I can totally see Darryl remaining single by choice. He had a horrible childhood it seemed his early adult years started off rough too. Some people are just better off single. Men and women can be friends without a brother /sister relationship. They can just!be!friends!, period. Connie would be a good match for Darryl. She's strong, independant and doesn't take his shit. If you go by the actors age she is age appropriate - there is a 9 year gap between their ages. At 40 dating someone who is 50 isn't that big of a deal, especially after you spent the last 10 years in the ZA and pop culture, etc... no longer matters.

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

As Lauren pointed out on Talking Dead, the light behind her warned that one of the walker was coming.

Yes! I wasn't sure if I remembered seeing that correctly. Connie's other senses are on point. 

*weird, I was expecting my posts to merge, not create a new reply.**

Edited by theredhead77
  • Like 4

I wonder if Rick knew that instead of going to all the trouble of ripping out Joe’s throat, and getting bloody and everything, he could have simply invited him over for a movie.

Then we’d still have Joe on the show. And he seemed fun. Actually, speaking of movies, the lead Highwayman seems a little like Joe (but he still has his throat).

Edited by SamBeckett
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5

I have no idea if the show is planning on a Daryl-Connie pairing or if people are seeing what they want to see, which is how a lot of ships are born.  I know the actor has been vocal over the years about not wanting Daryl paired off and playing the character almost asexually, something I've found amusing given how the show has promoted him as the least sexy "sex symbol" ever with his sleeveless leather vests and series of implausibly gassed up bad boy motorcycles.  While I don't really care one way or the other because I really don't have any vested interest in any possible romantic inclinations of a guy who has been living in a tent in the woods the past six years, I concede it's been something of a novelty watching one of the bigger stars of such a long running show never show the slightest undisputed inkling of an interest in that direction toward anyone.   I am curious to see whether the show continues down that road with him now that's he's the top billed "lead character."

Teen drippiness aside, this was a well paced rather entertaining episode.  The Big Fight was actually tense and well choreographed and for once for this show it actually lived up to its promised hype..  I'm probably giddier than I should be that after all of our joking about the time jump giving us some sort of LOTR-Old West mashup, that's exactly what we got when our standing Ren Faire group met a steampunk cowboy group and reached an accord over watching movies.  I'd say you can't make that kind of thing up, but they just did and I'm here for it.

• Like 10

That’s the second show in a row that I’ve enjoyed, a little bit of Jerry humour, a little bit of action, the story moving along albeit slowly, it’s making me feel hopeful for the future.

It’s also the second show in a row that has been spoiled by the ever present ‘ridiculous’ scene. Last week it was the unit of stealthy, silent commandos Daryl managed to round up to hit the Whisperer camp, this time, probably the most awful scene that I’ve ever watched on the show, the introduction to Black Bart and his gang of desperados.

I think he summed the whole thing up perfectly with his response to Carol “seriously”?

Just because they didn’t kill Jerry or Diane they’re trusted enough to walk around the community, I don’t know if this bunch are in the comics but I wonder if Bart is going to become Kingdom’s ‘loveable rogue’, or whether theyve been brought in to provide some red shirts for Elpha & Co.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Butless said:

No; that's Brett Butler.

I've always disliked Brett Butler but when she first came on the show I didn't even recognize her and, at least for the few episodes she's been in, I like her character and how she's playing it.

I enjoyed the funny in the episode, Jerry whispering to Ezekiel then the sword request, Carol's slow build to get their interest with the movie offer and lead Highway Man's "Seriously?" delivery.   I've seen the preview with lead Highway Man walking around The Kingdom multiple times and honestly never thought about it hinting at more new people or a new group because every time they showed that I thought it was Luke I was seeing.  It was nice that, for once, things were dealt with quickly and fairly reasonably my hope is these guys just turn out to be a group that needs a purpose and become friends not just another foe of the week the group(s) have to fight.

There was some discussion in the Sigma household whether Beta is dead or not but we decided to go with not dead, not a walker.  We based on, first, what we saw on the show - when he got up his movements were more purposeful than a walker's would be and there was none of the gah ger noise they make.  And second just because none of us believe they'd cast Ryan Hurst in that role then waste him on two episodes (as a human even if he popped up again as a walker).  That sort of casting is either a one off cameo or multi episode character.  As much as I'd love to see Beta wander into the Whisperers camp as a walker I believe he was alive at the end of the episode.  Now whether he should be and whether he should have more than a few broken bones and a decent head injury from that fall well that's a different thing that might need a little TV magic hand waving to get past.

• Like 4

I juat read Rob Bricken's review on I09 and this is hilarious:

I have to assume Beta does something truly heinous in the comics, because right now he’s not scary, he’s just hilarious. Between the long hair, the trenchcoat, and the invincibility and the fact he’s doing a non-stop Christian-Bale-as-Batman voice, he’s such a clichéd amalgamation of what a 12-year-old boy thought was super-cool back in 1994 that it warms my heart. He’s probably managed to find a small group of Whisperers to secretly play Dungeons & Dragons (2nd Edition) with him when they aren’t all forced to hang out with zombies.

• Like 7
  • Laugh 3

40 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

That’s the second show in a row that I’ve enjoyed, a little bit of Jerry humour, a little bit of action, the story moving along albeit slowly, it’s making me feel hopeful for the future.

It’s also the second show in a row that has been spoiled by the ever present ‘ridiculous’ scene. Last week it was the unit of stealthy, silent commandos Daryl managed to round up to hit the Whisperer camp, this time, probably the most awful scene that I’ve ever watched on the show, the introduction to Black Bart and his gang of desperados.

I think he summed the whole thing up perfectly with his response to Carol “seriously”?

Just because they didn’t kill Jerry or Diane they’re trusted enough to walk around the community, I don’t know if this bunch are in the comics but I wonder if Bart is going to become Kingdom’s ‘loveable rogue’, or whether theyve been brought in to provide some red shirts for Elpha & Co.

Agreed.

When I read the spoiler about The Highwaymen, I almost laughed at loud and when I actually saw them I DID laugh.  What the absolute fuck?  This show is bursting at the seams with unnecessary characters.  Black Bart (nice!) and his crew are probably all wearing redshirts under their steampunk outfits.  I don't understand the point. 

I had a hard time buying Ezekiel and The Kingdom and I still do (cosplay in the ZA?) but the strength of the characters and the performances drew me in.  But the Whisperers have just arrived and we barely know who the hell they are.  Now we have these guys.  And the absurdity of Bart's rescue of Tara and her group was overwhelming.  We've seen Tara handle worse situations on her own.  What group of people in the ZA, who are interested in continuing to live, just stand around in the middle of the road WAITING for a group of walkers to catch up to them?

The Highwaymen seem like a likely bunch of lads, but maybe they should move on to FTWD.  They just aren't needed here.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I am just glad you didn't throw the cat.

Of course not, she’s 20 lbs.

I’ve watched other shows that have scenes in the dark. None of them have ever been as dark as TWD on my TV. 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 5

21 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Agreed.

When I read the spoiler about The Highwaymen, I almost laughed at loud and when I actually saw them I DID laugh.  What the absolute fuck?  This show is bursting at the seams with unnecessary characters.  Black Bart (nice!) and his crew are probably all wearing redshirts under their steampunk outfits.  I don't understand the point. 

I had a hard time buying Ezekiel and The Kingdom and I still do (cosplay in the ZA?) but the strength of the characters and the performances drew me in.  But the Whisperers have just arrived and we barely know who the hell they are.  Now we have these guys.  And the absurdity of Bart's rescue of Tara and her group was overwhelming.  We've seen Tara handle worse situations on her own.  What group of people in the ZA, who are interested in continuing to live, just stand around in the middle of the road WAITING for a group of walkers to catch up to them?

The Highwaymen seem like a likely bunch of lads, but maybe they should move on to FTWD.  They just aren't needed here.

At first the Highwaymen bugged me too.  And maybe still do. They seem too . . . over-the-top. Sure, Rick had "the hat" but it fit him. Not to mention it came to him via the job. But this guy (is it Bart?) not only has the hat but the John Wayne shirt AND the cowboy accent.

However having said all that, if they keep them relegated to small appearances (which with this show that seems to happen to ALL the characters, main or otherwise) than I can put up with them because I think, and I may be wrong, they seem to be here for comedic relief. And god knows we need this with this show. Everyone is so dour.

I always thought this show needed a Han Solo character, someone flip and funny, but still heroic. Daryl could have been that person but instead he went with the person who just crawled out of the dumpster character who doesn't like women (or anyone?!?).

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, SamBeckett said:

I always thought this show needed a Han Solo character, someone flip and funny, but still heroic. Daryl could have been that person but instead he went with the person who just crawled out of the dumpster character who doesn't like women (or anyone?!?).

That's how I pictured Daryl's character developing in the beginning. Smart arse with a good heart. Then they had to go and make him mute. I am happy he's finding a voice once more, just sad we had to wait so long to get it.

What is going to happen with Negan? If he's supposedly changed for real, can they find a legit way to let him free or on parole so to speak?

Are we supposed to believe that Lydia isn't still playing the group or is she really looking for a way out of the Whisperers?

Why is Jerry so awesome? He really is.  

• Like 5

I like the Highwaymen a lot. They brought some comedy and Angus Sampson who plays Ozzy their leader is good actor. They might build up their role gradually. I really like that our group has finally met a decent competent group that aren't rapists, enslavers, brutal murderers, or cannibals.

• Like 10

I am happy that Carol & the Highwaymen agreed to a compromise. It's refreshing for the show to feature non-aggressive groups.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, sigmaforce86 said:

And second just because none of us believe they'd cast Ryan Hurst in that role then waste him on two episodes (as a human even if he popped up again as a walker).

They did it to Zach McGowan, who (and I may be wrong since I never watched a second of SOA and know Zach only from Black Sails and what do I know since I'd never heard of JDM either before this show?) is a more well-known actor. 

I did enjoy his scene with Daryl. It was done well and I know TPTB think the masks are scary, but he looked silly, continuing to whisper and wearing a rotten skin mask that probably hinders his vision during the whole struggle.

Between the long hair, the trenchcoat, and the invincibility and the fact he’s doing a non-stop Christian-Bale-as-Batman voice, he’s such a clichéd amalgamation of what a 12-year-old boy thought Robert Kirkman thinks is super-cool back in 1994  now.

There.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

16 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I like the Highwaymen a lot. They brought some comedy and Angus Sampson who plays Ozzy their leader is good actor. They might build up their role gradually. I really like that our group has finally met a decent competent group that aren't rapists, enslavers, brutal murderers, or cannibals.

This is where I'm at too.  We had discussed when we read the spoilers that the Kingdom's fighting force was largely wiped out in the war with the Saviors, and despite what the show sometimes seems to want us to believe, new competent fighters don't just grow on trees.  They've obviously struggled to build themselves back up from that.  So now we meet this new group, that sure, they're into playing steampunk cowboys, but also seem perfectly capable of handling themselves and mostly reasonable people.  Isn't it better to bring them into the fold with the perks of living in some semblance of civilization rather than scavenging and pirating on the roads?  The whole thing was well played mostly for laughs, but the Kingdom may have just single handedly solved their labor problem.

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

This is where I'm at too.  We had discussed when we read the spoilers that the Kingdom's fighting force was largely wiped out in the war with the Saviors, and despite what the show sometimes seems to want us to believe, new competent fighters don't just grow on trees.  They've obviously struggled to build themselves back up from that.  So now we meet this new group, that sure, they're into playing steampunk cowboys, but also seem perfectly capable of handling themselves and mostly reasonable people.  Isn't it better to bring them into the fold with the perks of living in some semblance of civilization rather than scavenging and pirating on the roads?  The whole thing was well played mostly for laughs, but the Kingdom may have just single handedly solved their labor problem.

You make sense.  I had forgotten the discussion of the decimation of The Kingdom's fighting force.  As I said, these Highwaymen seem like a bunch of likely lads.  They could be good additions to the community, especially since they come with their own costumes.  The turnabout was very hard to swallow.  But, what with the lack of quality entertainment in the ZA, the offer of a movie COULD be enough to turn a group who aren't natural born killers. And the sight of them riding to the rescue, WAS as thrilling as it was silly. So, who knows.

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

Very true. I counted about 20 or so Highwaymen. Most of them are relatively young and able bodied. They took out the walkers attacking Tara' group, pretty easily which indicates that they are competent tough fighters and work well as a group. If Ezekiel and Carol could convince them to join the Kingdom or trade their labor or a movie and other supplies, the Kingdom would be on its way to recovery. Too bad Oceanside is staying away. They would all be stronger together.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lady Iris said:

That's how I pictured Daryl's character developing in the beginning. Smart arse with a good heart. Then they had to go and make him mute. I am happy he's finding a voice once more, just sad we had to wait so long to get it.

“We brought dinner”.  ;>

• Like 3
  • Laugh 4

17 minutes ago, Nashville said:

“We brought dinner”.  ;>

WHO'S DEANNA?

Oh those madcap early days at Alexandria, they were such a hoot!

• Like 3
  • Laugh 4

I'm not following what's going on here. Daryl and Connie rescue Lydia and Henry, and then there's a discussion about whether or not they can return to Hilltop, because Daryl thinks Alpha will kill everyone at Hilltop if Lydia is there? Right? So . . . they wind up in a building? WTF? What was that plan about? Did they expect to take out all the Whisperers from atop a building? What's the long-term plan? To just wander around forever in order to save Lydia? I don't get it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I'm not following what's going on here. Daryl and Connie rescue Lydia and Henry, and then there's a discussion about whether or not they can return to Hilltop, because Daryl thinks Alpha will kill everyone at Hilltop if Lydia is there? Right? So . . . they wind up in a building? WTF? What was that plan about? Did they expect to take out all the Whisperers from atop a building? What's the long-term plan? To just wander around forever in order to save Lydia? I don't get it.

I believe the notion was:

1. Walkers aren’t generally given to climbing stairs - so skin mask or not, anything making it up more than a couple of floors can be safely assumed to be a Whisperer.  Quickie way to separate the Whisperers from their cover herd.
  2. The only way up to Daryl&Co. would be the stairwells, which - theoretically, anyway - should (a) concentrate any Whisperer advancement attempts into troughs with little or no cover, and (b) make it easy to pick off them off from higher vantage points (the upper floor landings) with range weapons.  Thus Connie’s reference to “chokepoints” - the stairwells.
  • Like 8

39 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Very true. I counted about 20 or so Highwaymen. Most of them are relatively young and able bodied. They took out the walkers attacking Tara' group, pretty easily which indicates that they are competent tough fighters and work well as a group. If Ezekiel and Carol could convince them to join the Kingdom or trade their labor or a movie and other supplies, the Kingdom would be on its way to recovery. Too bad Oceanside is staying away. They would all be stronger together.

And that underscores the problem with this show. Think about it: If anyone from Oceanside showed up for the fair, would anyone in the viewing audience even know who it is??? They'd have to be wearing name tags that we could see at home.

In other words, the casts are too big, with too many people and, more importantly, with too many people we only barely knew to start with. Honestly, I've already forgotten what Rosita looks like!!!!

That's why if you come on this show, you better hope you have a shtick, like Negan's too-tight leather coat and baseball bat, and Abraham's out-of-bottle red hair and goatee, the Governor's one eye, the original "Daisy Duke" outfit for Rosita, Eugene's mullet, etc. If you don't, you fade right away into the background. And you'll you notice, from about season three or four onward, the get-ups for characters have gotten more and more outlandish. 

I know Lori had many enemies, but if she were still around she'd get lost in the crowd because she looks like a too normal brunette who wore normal clothes—No capes, swords, skin-faces, etc

• Like 7

good episode, tho the Highwaymen are a bit too stereotypical western for me (I grew up in Dallas, seeen way way way too many westerns in my lifetime. It gets dull after awhile seeing people riding horses, just like car chases get old after so many of them.)   

uhoh....Opie is pissed

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

It doesn't matter if they go back to Hilltop or not.  At some point Alpha will likely assume that is where they will eventually end up.  She could attack Hilltop at any point.   She wasn't the one that went tracking Daryl and the rest of the people with him, Beta was the tracker with a few other Whisperers.

Edited by icemiser69
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Nashville said:

“We brought dinner”.  ;>

His original, "Stupid bitch" and "Olive Oyl" gave me such hope for an interesting, quirky character, but he quickly fizzled out to silent sidekick, with all personality removed.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

The problem with the Highwaymen is that when I hear that name, I think of the country music super group.

I was surprised that so few of them showed up to help Tera and the rest of the Hilltop folks.

I believe the notion was:

Walkers aren’t generally given to climbing stairs - so skin mask or not, anything making it up more than a couple of floors can be safely assumed to be a Whisperer.  Quickie way to separate the Whisperers from their cover herd.

The only way up to Daryl&Co. would be the stairwells, which - theoretically, anyway - should (a) concentrate any Whisperer advancement attempts into troughs with little or no cover, and (b) make it easy to pick off them off from higher vantage points (the upper floor landings) with range weapons.  Thus Connie’s reference to “chokepoints” - the stairwells.

Yeah but . . . did Daryl think he could take out every Whisperer by holing up in that building? Or was the short-term plan just to take out the ones sent to follow them in that moment? I don't understand what they're thinking long-term.

And I'm not sure the writers do, either. Frankly I think the show is so focused on action scenes and whatever they think will be visually arresting they don't really put much thought into the big picture. The whole thing felt awfully contrived and pointless to me, designed only to stage a big, impressive fight scene.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

The problem with the Highwaymen is that when I hear that name, I think of the country music super group.

I was surprised that so few of them showed up to help Tera and the rest of the Hilltop folks.

The others would have been patrolling the other roads to the Kingdom.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SamBeckett said:

the original "Daisy Duke" outfit for Rosita

I always thought Rosita was more of a Lara Croft than a Daisy Duke, but hey, as long as those shorts are short! 

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

5 minutes ago, Gobi said:

The others would have been patrolling the other roads to the Kingdom.

I’m wondering exactly who The Highwaymen are protecting the roads from, up until five minutes ago it was themselves.  

Considering  we’re nine years into the Zombie Apocalypse, the country should mostly be uninhabited, yet there seems to be a hell of a lot of people all popping up in the same place. I suppose we do need a steady stream of new and varied villainy to keep the good guys on their toes.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Yeah but . . . did Daryl think he could take out every Whisperer by holing up in that building

Only a Whisperer could climb over the barricades, so the plan was to kill every Whisperer that made it to the upper floor, Daryl was a little over confident about the numbers they faced, and in reality Bayda could and should have killed Daryl.

Daryl should have kept the fight to where it suited his group the best, and that is out in the open and at stringed weapon range, yet we all know the show wants something more exciting, hence the breaking down walls, hand to hand switchblade fight that we got.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Daryl should have kept the fight to where it suited his group the best, and that is out in the open and at stringed weapon range, yet we all know the show wants something more exciting, hence the breaking down walls, hand to hand switchblade fight that we got.

I wish they had the Property Brothers dude on TTD last night to talk about Daryl’s “form” of going through the drywall.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

14 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I threw one of my cat's toys at my tv because it was so fucking DARK. JFC I'm so tired of the darkness. 

5 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Of course not, she’s 20 lbs.

I’ve watched other shows that have scenes in the dark. None of them have ever been as dark as TWD on my TV. 

Yes.  Every time one of those dark scenes happens, which is too often for my eyes, it's like listening to radio theater.

Your cat must be big boned.  ;~)

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

6 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Yes.  Every time one of those dark scenes happens, which is too often for my eyes, it's like listening to radio theater.

Agreed, TPTB must love keeping us guessing as to what the heck is actually going on in those scenes.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, SamBeckett said:

I wish they had the Property Brothers dude on TTD last night to talk about Daryl’s “form” of going through the drywall.

It was convenient that Daryl went through the one open area of the wall that wasn't framed properly.  Aren't studs normally 16 inches on center?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

7 minutes ago, Colorado David said:

Agreed, TPTB must love keeping us guessing as to what the heck is actually going on in those scenes.

We have the best luck viewing TWD through our Sony and Sharp televisions.  Our twenty year old Polaroid television, not so much.  Yes, Polaroid at one point made televisions, not just cameras.  I don't know if they still make televisions.

What pisses me off is our Bose sound bar keeps cutting out every so often, and I end up missing dialogue.  When it works, it is awesome.

I didn't have any problems viewing this episode at all.

16 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

I liked that Daryl has never had a love interest, because I hate when shows feel the need to pair people up. I never saw romantic chemistry between him and Carol. I liked that they could have such a close platonic relationship, with out it having to turn into something else. But saying that... at this point in the show, I wouldn't mind if Daryl and Connie become a thing. I don't get the conversations about their ages. The actress is going to be 41 next month. She's hardly a young millenial. She's smart and brave and strong-willed. Hopefully she teaches Daryl some ASL. The note writing does slow things down a bit.

I don’t think Daryl needs a love interest.  I like him with Connie though.  No reason they can’t be a platonic couple.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Aren't studs normally 16 inches on center?

I’ve heard that studs with sixteen inches are most definitely on centre 😝

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 1

Ok the bad guy falling that far with an obvious head injury (note pool of blood by his head) and he just gets up and is more irritated then he was when he showed up...……….er…...no.  He should be dead or at least have a major brain injury and not even know his name much less ready for another tumble with Daryl.  

I really loved this show but now...eh.  I want to care about the characters left but it's a struggle.  Henry just needs to either die or learn how to act.  Granted his storyline sucks.  Right now it a Romeo and Juliet story Zombie style.  

And cowboy bad guy and his minions?  Where did they come from and just what?  We are bad guys until you offer us a movie???

Still love Carol (even though they have made her soft) and Daryl.  Speaking of Daryl could they please get him a shirt that has TWO sleeves?  That really bugs me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

Haha yeah that’s it... big boned! She’s a furry AF rag doll. She’s like a limp noodle when I pick her up. Makes for a good blanket. 

Speaking of cats, this show needs more cats. I still find it so hard to believe a tiger could get killed by slow-ass rotting zombies, especially with their enhanced hearing and sight. But there should be an infestation of cats happening. They’re fast and smart enough to escape zombies. Maybe they’re all stuck up in trees and don’t know how to get back down. 🤔

Also, on a totally unrelated note, I’m sick of Georgia. That’s right, I said it. When the plot stinks, at least having some nice scenery that varies would be nice. Zombies in snow would be cool. They’d probably be better preserved too. Heck, stick them in Yosemite and push zombies off Half Dome. Much more entertaining.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Speaking of cats, this show needs more cats. I still find it so hard to believe a tiger could get killed by slow-ass rotting zombies, especially with their enhanced hearing and sight. But there should be an infestation of cats happening. They’re fast and smart enough to escape zombies. Maybe they’re all stuck up in trees and don’t know how to get back down. 🤔

I agree - we need more cats!  The thought of Shiva, or swift and easily spooked horses, for that matter, not being able to elude zombies is ridiculous.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

The whole thing felt awfully contrived and pointless to me, designed only to stage a big, impressive fight scene.

Thing is, with the way this show has been going for ages, that IS impressive, if  only because it wasn't totally cartoon-y (like the Rick & Negan Roadrunner/Coyote kerfuffles)or utterly ridiculous. My standards have fallen quite a bit.

51 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

I’ve heard that studs with sixteen inches are most definitely on centre 😝

Only a man would think that. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

11 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Speaking of cats, this show needs more cats. I still find it so hard to believe a tiger could get killed by slow-ass rotting zombies, especially with their enhanced hearing and sight. But there should be an infestation of cats happening. They’re fast and smart enough to escape zombies.

But not smart enough to elude devious humans who are intent upon luring them into a cosy, warm, well fed existence. 

An existence which will lead to their death, a death which will provide a much needed source of protein to enable the various communities to thrive and flourish.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1