Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E13: Chokepoint

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Butless said:

No; that's Brett Butler.

I've always disliked Brett Butler but when she first came on the show I didn't even recognize her and, at least for the few episodes she's been in, I like her character and how she's playing it.

I enjoyed the funny in the episode, Jerry whispering to Ezekiel then the sword request, Carol's slow build to get their interest with the movie offer and lead Highway Man's "Seriously?" delivery.   I've seen the preview with lead Highway Man walking around The Kingdom multiple times and honestly never thought about it hinting at more new people or a new group because every time they showed that I thought it was Luke I was seeing.  It was nice that, for once, things were dealt with quickly and fairly reasonably my hope is these guys just turn out to be a group that needs a purpose and become friends not just another foe of the week the group(s) have to fight.

There was some discussion in the Sigma household whether Beta is dead or not but we decided to go with not dead, not a walker.  We based on, first, what we saw on the show - when he got up his movements were more purposeful than a walker's would be and there was none of the gah ger noise they make.  And second just because none of us believe they'd cast Ryan Hurst in that role then waste him on two episodes (as a human even if he popped up again as a walker).  That sort of casting is either a one off cameo or multi episode character.  As much as I'd love to see Beta wander into the Whisperers camp as a walker I believe he was alive at the end of the episode.  Now whether he should be and whether he should have more than a few broken bones and a decent head injury from that fall well that's a different thing that might need a little TV magic hand waving to get past.

• Love 4

I juat read Rob Bricken's review on I09 and this is hilarious:

I have to assume Beta does something truly heinous in the comics, because right now he’s not scary, he’s just hilarious. Between the long hair, the trenchcoat, and the invincibility and the fact he’s doing a non-stop Christian-Bale-as-Batman voice, he’s such a clichéd amalgamation of what a 12-year-old boy thought was super-cool back in 1994 that it warms my heart. He’s probably managed to find a small group of Whisperers to secretly play Dungeons & Dragons (2nd Edition) with him when they aren’t all forced to hang out with zombies.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
40 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

That’s the second show in a row that I’ve enjoyed, a little bit of Jerry humour, a little bit of action, the story moving along albeit slowly, it’s making me feel hopeful for the future.

It’s also the second show in a row that has been spoiled by the ever present ‘ridiculous’ scene. Last week it was the unit of stealthy, silent commandos Daryl managed to round up to hit the Whisperer camp, this time, probably the most awful scene that I’ve ever watched on the show, the introduction to Black Bart and his gang of desperados.

I think he summed the whole thing up perfectly with his response to Carol “seriously”?

Just because they didn’t kill Jerry or Diane they’re trusted enough to walk around the community, I don’t know if this bunch are in the comics but I wonder if Bart is going to become Kingdom’s ‘loveable rogue’, or whether theyve been brought in to provide some red shirts for Elpha & Co.

Agreed.

When I read the spoiler about The Highwaymen, I almost laughed at loud and when I actually saw them I DID laugh.  What the absolute fuck?  This show is bursting at the seams with unnecessary characters.  Black Bart (nice!) and his crew are probably all wearing redshirts under their steampunk outfits.  I don't understand the point. 

I had a hard time buying Ezekiel and The Kingdom and I still do (cosplay in the ZA?) but the strength of the characters and the performances drew me in.  But the Whisperers have just arrived and we barely know who the hell they are.  Now we have these guys.  And the absurdity of Bart's rescue of Tara and her group was overwhelming.  We've seen Tara handle worse situations on her own.  What group of people in the ZA, who are interested in continuing to live, just stand around in the middle of the road WAITING for a group of walkers to catch up to them?

The Highwaymen seem like a likely bunch of lads, but maybe they should move on to FTWD.  They just aren't needed here.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Agreed.

When I read the spoiler about The Highwaymen, I almost laughed at loud and when I actually saw them I DID laugh.  What the absolute fuck?  This show is bursting at the seams with unnecessary characters.  Black Bart (nice!) and his crew are probably all wearing redshirts under their steampunk outfits.  I don't understand the point. 

I had a hard time buying Ezekiel and The Kingdom and I still do (cosplay in the ZA?) but the strength of the characters and the performances drew me in.  But the Whisperers have just arrived and we barely know who the hell they are.  Now we have these guys.  And the absurdity of Bart's rescue of Tara and her group was overwhelming.  We've seen Tara handle worse situations on her own.  What group of people in the ZA, who are interested in continuing to live, just stand around in the middle of the road WAITING for a group of walkers to catch up to them?

The Highwaymen seem like a likely bunch of lads, but maybe they should move on to FTWD.  They just aren't needed here.

At first the Highwaymen bugged me too.  And maybe still do. They seem too . . . over-the-top. Sure, Rick had "the hat" but it fit him. Not to mention it came to him via the job. But this guy (is it Bart?) not only has the hat but the John Wayne shirt AND the cowboy accent.

However having said all that, if they keep them relegated to small appearances (which with this show that seems to happen to ALL the characters, main or otherwise) than I can put up with them because I think, and I may be wrong, they seem to be here for comedic relief. And god knows we need this with this show. Everyone is so dour.

I always thought this show needed a Han Solo character, someone flip and funny, but still heroic. Daryl could have been that person but instead he went with the person who just crawled out of the dumpster character who doesn't like women (or anyone?!?).

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, SamBeckett said:

I always thought this show needed a Han Solo character, someone flip and funny, but still heroic. Daryl could have been that person but instead he went with the person who just crawled out of the dumpster character who doesn't like women (or anyone?!?).

That's how I pictured Daryl's character developing in the beginning. Smart arse with a good heart. Then they had to go and make him mute. I am happy he's finding a voice once more, just sad we had to wait so long to get it.

What is going to happen with Negan? If he's supposedly changed for real, can they find a legit way to let him free or on parole so to speak?

Are we supposed to believe that Lydia isn't still playing the group or is she really looking for a way out of the Whisperers?

Why is Jerry so awesome? He really is.  

• Love 5

I like the Highwaymen a lot. They brought some comedy and Angus Sampson who plays Ozzy their leader is good actor. They might build up their role gradually. I really like that our group has finally met a decent competent group that aren't rapists, enslavers, brutal murderers, or cannibals.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, sigmaforce86 said:

And second just because none of us believe they'd cast Ryan Hurst in that role then waste him on two episodes (as a human even if he popped up again as a walker).

They did it to Zach McGowan, who (and I may be wrong since I never watched a second of SOA and know Zach only from Black Sails and what do I know since I'd never heard of JDM either before this show?) is a more well-known actor. 

I did enjoy his scene with Daryl. It was done well and I know TPTB think the masks are scary, but he looked silly, continuing to whisper and wearing a rotten skin mask that probably hinders his vision during the whole struggle.

Between the long hair, the trenchcoat, and the invincibility and the fact he’s doing a non-stop Christian-Bale-as-Batman voice, he’s such a clichéd amalgamation of what a 12-year-old boy thought Robert Kirkman thinks is super-cool back in 1994  now.

There.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I like the Highwaymen a lot. They brought some comedy and Angus Sampson who plays Ozzy their leader is good actor. They might build up their role gradually. I really like that our group has finally met a decent competent group that aren't rapists, enslavers, brutal murderers, or cannibals.

This is where I'm at too.  We had discussed when we read the spoilers that the Kingdom's fighting force was largely wiped out in the war with the Saviors, and despite what the show sometimes seems to want us to believe, new competent fighters don't just grow on trees.  They've obviously struggled to build themselves back up from that.  So now we meet this new group, that sure, they're into playing steampunk cowboys, but also seem perfectly capable of handling themselves and mostly reasonable people.  Isn't it better to bring them into the fold with the perks of living in some semblance of civilization rather than scavenging and pirating on the roads?  The whole thing was well played mostly for laughs, but the Kingdom may have just single handedly solved their labor problem.

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

This is where I'm at too.  We had discussed when we read the spoilers that the Kingdom's fighting force was largely wiped out in the war with the Saviors, and despite what the show sometimes seems to want us to believe, new competent fighters don't just grow on trees.  They've obviously struggled to build themselves back up from that.  So now we meet this new group, that sure, they're into playing steampunk cowboys, but also seem perfectly capable of handling themselves and mostly reasonable people.  Isn't it better to bring them into the fold with the perks of living in some semblance of civilization rather than scavenging and pirating on the roads?  The whole thing was well played mostly for laughs, but the Kingdom may have just single handedly solved their labor problem.

You make sense.  I had forgotten the discussion of the decimation of The Kingdom's fighting force.  As I said, these Highwaymen seem like a bunch of likely lads.  They could be good additions to the community, especially since they come with their own costumes.  The turnabout was very hard to swallow.  But, what with the lack of quality entertainment in the ZA, the offer of a movie COULD be enough to turn a group who aren't natural born killers. And the sight of them riding to the rescue, WAS as thrilling as it was silly. So, who knows.

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

Very true. I counted about 20 or so Highwaymen. Most of them are relatively young and able bodied. They took out the walkers attacking Tara' group, pretty easily which indicates that they are competent tough fighters and work well as a group. If Ezekiel and Carol could convince them to join the Kingdom or trade their labor or a movie and other supplies, the Kingdom would be on its way to recovery. Too bad Oceanside is staying away. They would all be stronger together.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lady Iris said:

That's how I pictured Daryl's character developing in the beginning. Smart arse with a good heart. Then they had to go and make him mute. I am happy he's finding a voice once more, just sad we had to wait so long to get it.

“We brought dinner”.  ;>

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

I'm not following what's going on here. Daryl and Connie rescue Lydia and Henry, and then there's a discussion about whether or not they can return to Hilltop, because Daryl thinks Alpha will kill everyone at Hilltop if Lydia is there? Right? So . . . they wind up in a building? WTF? What was that plan about? Did they expect to take out all the Whisperers from atop a building? What's the long-term plan? To just wander around forever in order to save Lydia? I don't get it.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I'm not following what's going on here. Daryl and Connie rescue Lydia and Henry, and then there's a discussion about whether or not they can return to Hilltop, because Daryl thinks Alpha will kill everyone at Hilltop if Lydia is there? Right? So . . . they wind up in a building? WTF? What was that plan about? Did they expect to take out all the Whisperers from atop a building? What's the long-term plan? To just wander around forever in order to save Lydia? I don't get it.

I believe the notion was:

1. Walkers aren’t generally given to climbing stairs - so skin mask or not, anything making it up more than a couple of floors can be safely assumed to be a Whisperer.  Quickie way to separate the Whisperers from their cover herd.
  2. The only way up to Daryl&Co. would be the stairwells, which - theoretically, anyway - should (a) concentrate any Whisperer advancement attempts into troughs with little or no cover, and (b) make it easy to pick off them off from higher vantage points (the upper floor landings) with range weapons.  Thus Connie’s reference to “chokepoints” - the stairwells.
  • Love 8
39 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Very true. I counted about 20 or so Highwaymen. Most of them are relatively young and able bodied. They took out the walkers attacking Tara' group, pretty easily which indicates that they are competent tough fighters and work well as a group. If Ezekiel and Carol could convince them to join the Kingdom or trade their labor or a movie and other supplies, the Kingdom would be on its way to recovery. Too bad Oceanside is staying away. They would all be stronger together.

And that underscores the problem with this show. Think about it: If anyone from Oceanside showed up for the fair, would anyone in the viewing audience even know who it is??? They'd have to be wearing name tags that we could see at home.

In other words, the casts are too big, with too many people and, more importantly, with too many people we only barely knew to start with. Honestly, I've already forgotten what Rosita looks like!!!!

That's why if you come on this show, you better hope you have a shtick, like Negan's too-tight leather coat and baseball bat, and Abraham's out-of-bottle red hair and goatee, the Governor's one eye, the original "Daisy Duke" outfit for Rosita, Eugene's mullet, etc. If you don't, you fade right away into the background. And you'll you notice, from about season three or four onward, the get-ups for characters have gotten more and more outlandish. 

I know Lori had many enemies, but if she were still around she'd get lost in the crowd because she looks like a too normal brunette who wore normal clothes—No capes, swords, skin-faces, etc

• Love 7

good episode, tho the Highwaymen are a bit too stereotypical western for me (I grew up in Dallas, seeen way way way too many westerns in my lifetime. It gets dull after awhile seeing people riding horses, just like car chases get old after so many of them.)   

uhoh....Opie is pissed

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Nashville said:

“We brought dinner”.  ;>

His original, "Stupid bitch" and "Olive Oyl" gave me such hope for an interesting, quirky character, but he quickly fizzled out to silent sidekick, with all personality removed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I believe the notion was:

Walkers aren’t generally given to climbing stairs - so skin mask or not, anything making it up more than a couple of floors can be safely assumed to be a Whisperer.  Quickie way to separate the Whisperers from their cover herd.

The only way up to Daryl&Co. would be the stairwells, which - theoretically, anyway - should (a) concentrate any Whisperer advancement attempts into troughs with little or no cover, and (b) make it easy to pick off them off from higher vantage points (the upper floor landings) with range weapons.  Thus Connie’s reference to “chokepoints” - the stairwells.

Yeah but . . . did Daryl think he could take out every Whisperer by holing up in that building? Or was the short-term plan just to take out the ones sent to follow them in that moment? I don't understand what they're thinking long-term.

And I'm not sure the writers do, either. Frankly I think the show is so focused on action scenes and whatever they think will be visually arresting they don't really put much thought into the big picture. The whole thing felt awfully contrived and pointless to me, designed only to stage a big, impressive fight scene.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

The problem with the Highwaymen is that when I hear that name, I think of the country music super group.

I was surprised that so few of them showed up to help Tera and the rest of the Hilltop folks.

The others would have been patrolling the other roads to the Kingdom.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SamBeckett said:

the original "Daisy Duke" outfit for Rosita

I always thought Rosita was more of a Lara Croft than a Daisy Duke, but hey, as long as those shorts are short! 

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Gobi said:

The others would have been patrolling the other roads to the Kingdom.

I’m wondering exactly who The Highwaymen are protecting the roads from, up until five minutes ago it was themselves.  

Considering  we’re nine years into the Zombie Apocalypse, the country should mostly be uninhabited, yet there seems to be a hell of a lot of people all popping up in the same place. I suppose we do need a steady stream of new and varied villainy to keep the good guys on their toes.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Yeah but . . . did Daryl think he could take out every Whisperer by holing up in that building

Only a Whisperer could climb over the barricades, so the plan was to kill every Whisperer that made it to the upper floor, Daryl was a little over confident about the numbers they faced, and in reality Bayda could and should have killed Daryl.

Daryl should have kept the fight to where it suited his group the best, and that is out in the open and at stringed weapon range, yet we all know the show wants something more exciting, hence the breaking down walls, hand to hand switchblade fight that we got.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Daryl should have kept the fight to where it suited his group the best, and that is out in the open and at stringed weapon range, yet we all know the show wants something more exciting, hence the breaking down walls, hand to hand switchblade fight that we got.

I wish they had the Property Brothers dude on TTD last night to talk about Daryl’s “form” of going through the drywall.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I threw one of my cat's toys at my tv because it was so fucking DARK. JFC I'm so tired of the darkness. 

5 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Of course not, she’s 20 lbs.

I’ve watched other shows that have scenes in the dark. None of them have ever been as dark as TWD on my TV. 

Yes.  Every time one of those dark scenes happens, which is too often for my eyes, it's like listening to radio theater.

Your cat must be big boned.  ;~)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Yes.  Every time one of those dark scenes happens, which is too often for my eyes, it's like listening to radio theater.

Agreed, TPTB must love keeping us guessing as to what the heck is actually going on in those scenes.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

I liked that Daryl has never had a love interest, because I hate when shows feel the need to pair people up. I never saw romantic chemistry between him and Carol. I liked that they could have such a close platonic relationship, with out it having to turn into something else. But saying that... at this point in the show, I wouldn't mind if Daryl and Connie become a thing. I don't get the conversations about their ages. The actress is going to be 41 next month. She's hardly a young millenial. She's smart and brave and strong-willed. Hopefully she teaches Daryl some ASL. The note writing does slow things down a bit.

I don’t think Daryl needs a love interest.  I like him with Connie though.  No reason they can’t be a platonic couple.

• Love 2

Ok the bad guy falling that far with an obvious head injury (note pool of blood by his head) and he just gets up and is more irritated then he was when he showed up...……….er…...no.  He should be dead or at least have a major brain injury and not even know his name much less ready for another tumble with Daryl.  

I really loved this show but now...eh.  I want to care about the characters left but it's a struggle.  Henry just needs to either die or learn how to act.  Granted his storyline sucks.  Right now it a Romeo and Juliet story Zombie style.  

And cowboy bad guy and his minions?  Where did they come from and just what?  We are bad guys until you offer us a movie???

Still love Carol (even though they have made her soft) and Daryl.  Speaking of Daryl could they please get him a shirt that has TWO sleeves?  That really bugs me.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

Haha yeah that’s it... big boned! She’s a furry AF rag doll. She’s like a limp noodle when I pick her up. Makes for a good blanket. 

Speaking of cats, this show needs more cats. I still find it so hard to believe a tiger could get killed by slow-ass rotting zombies, especially with their enhanced hearing and sight. But there should be an infestation of cats happening. They’re fast and smart enough to escape zombies. Maybe they’re all stuck up in trees and don’t know how to get back down. 🤔

Also, on a totally unrelated note, I’m sick of Georgia. That’s right, I said it. When the plot stinks, at least having some nice scenery that varies would be nice. Zombies in snow would be cool. They’d probably be better preserved too. Heck, stick them in Yosemite and push zombies off Half Dome. Much more entertaining.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Speaking of cats, this show needs more cats. I still find it so hard to believe a tiger could get killed by slow-ass rotting zombies, especially with their enhanced hearing and sight. But there should be an infestation of cats happening. They’re fast and smart enough to escape zombies. Maybe they’re all stuck up in trees and don’t know how to get back down. 🤔

I agree - we need more cats!  The thought of Shiva, or swift and easily spooked horses, for that matter, not being able to elude zombies is ridiculous.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

The whole thing felt awfully contrived and pointless to me, designed only to stage a big, impressive fight scene.

Thing is, with the way this show has been going for ages, that IS impressive, if  only because it wasn't totally cartoon-y (like the Rick & Negan Roadrunner/Coyote kerfuffles)or utterly ridiculous. My standards have fallen quite a bit.

51 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

I’ve heard that studs with sixteen inches are most definitely on centre 😝

Only a man would think that. 🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Speaking of cats, this show needs more cats. I still find it so hard to believe a tiger could get killed by slow-ass rotting zombies, especially with their enhanced hearing and sight. But there should be an infestation of cats happening. They’re fast and smart enough to escape zombies.

But not smart enough to elude devious humans who are intent upon luring them into a cosy, warm, well fed existence. 

An existence which will lead to their death, a death which will provide a much needed source of protein to enable the various communities to thrive and flourish.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

It was convenient that Daryl went through the one open area of the wall that wasn't framed properly.  Aren't studs normally 16 inches on center?

If only Daryl had stood up suddenly and faced Beta with a serious look on his face. "Damn it, we have mold."

In response, Beta would have said, "There goes the budget."

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

I really wanted to hear Beta's non-whisper voice, and for it to be really funny and non-menacing.

I did think it was interesting that unlike every other group, they celebrate when one of their members turns. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Daryl should have kept the fight to where it suited his group the best, and that is out in the open and at stringed weapon range, yet we all know the show wants something more exciting, hence the breaking down walls, hand to hand switchblade fight that we got.

I don't know what I'm missing here, I just don't understand why there had to be a fight at all. They escaped with Lydia. They were far ahead of anyone following them. It's not like they HAD to stop and make a stand. They could have just gone back to Hilltop or wherever. And if Alpha and her friends came looking they could just say "She's not here." How would they prove otherwise? They could even let them in to search. Just hide Lydia and Henry somewhere for the duration.

What don't I get here?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

What don't I get here?

Here's what I've got.  Daryl is sure that if they go to Hilltop it will be overrun.  He says something about the Whisperers are only a few and stay in the middle of the herd I think?  So it seems he is thinking that they will be tracked back to Hilltop and the zombies will overrun Hilltop, much the same as when Daryl led the group into the Whisperers for the rescue.   Daryl assumes that anyone who makes it up the stairs will be a Whisperer that they can pick off via the chokepoints; Whisperers dead, zombies downstairs and can be distracted away for the escape (which is what happens).

The whole zombie climbing stairs thing is inconsistent because they sure were able to when Merle was trapped on the roof, way back when.  One of the whisperers actually brings a group of zombies up the stairs in this ep, unless that was a whisperer group.  Apparently if you are wearing a zombie skin, you can shuffle any old way and they will follow you?  When Beta recognizes the trap, one of the others says that zombies can't climb over the barricade.

We're not really given a good idea of how many zombies there are but I can appreciate Daryl not wanting to bring an actual threat back to Hilltop.  It would help if the group of zombies/whisperers appeared larger and more threatening.  He seems to think that if they kill all of the Whisperers and esp Beta, maybe the rest won't know where to track them to?

As for the rest of it, I don't know how long the Highwaymen will be around but I appreciate that they were bought off rather than killed. 

I basically enjoyed this one, even though Henry is dippy.

• Love 5

I enjoyed this ep; there were a couple of nice turns to it.

1. Connie and Daryl. Honestly I don't see them as a couple. In fact, when he kind of guy-punched her shoulder in approval, my immediate thought was, "Awww, Daryl found a new Rick." I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, either. I mean like a possible best friend, trusted battle partner, just relax and hang out kind of relationship.

2. Dog followed Connie instead of Daryl, and he actually sputtered. Heh.

3. The Highwaymen turned out to be a fun addition to the Kingdom instead of ohdeargodanotherenemy.

4. Carol's cool, smiling assertion that the Highwaymen weren't actually Jed's group of Saviors under another name.

5. Ozzy(?), the head Highwayman twice eyeing Tara and Tara's kind of horrified look in response. Ha! I got an immediate Tormund/Brienne vibe from that. Loved it.

I really am liking this back half much more than I thought I would. Kudos to Kang. (Which has just become my new fake band name.)

Edited by maystone
  • Love 8
On 3/10/2019 at 10:13 PM, Quilty said:

How did fat people stay fat during the zombie apocalypse? Food was scarce and there's so much running involved.

Well...  You take some potatoes that you submerge  in vegetal oil and you have french fries,  then you take some tomatoes to make ketchup, eat that every day and you're all good.

I know because  I am on a diet right now and every time that I open the freezer or that I look at the bag of potatoes getting old I have the answer to your question.

Still they could do as I am doing and make soup,  They will multiply their ressources and get in better shape at the same time.

P.S.  Don't start me with cheese!

• LOL 3
On 3/10/2019 at 10:18 PM, AngelaHunter said:

It's gratifying to see that Daryl has never bought into Rick's peace, love, and benevolence bullshit.  If he had, instead of slaughtering that guy behind the sheet, he would have tried to reason with him,  show him the error of his ways and maybe even broken a few windows.

He did leave the scary monster alive in the well of the elevator.  Same as Rick did with Negan a couple of times.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

That’s the second show in a row that I’ve enjoyed, a little bit of Jerry humour, a little bit of action, the story moving along albeit slowly, it’s making me feel hopeful for the future.

It’s also the second show in a row that has been spoiled by the ever present ‘ridiculous’ scene. Last week it was the unit of stealthy, silent commandos Daryl managed to round up to hit the Whisperer camp, this time, probably the most awful scene that I’ve ever watched on the show, the introduction to Black Bart and his gang of desperados.

I think he summed the whole thing up perfectly with his response to Carol “seriously”?

Just because they didn’t kill Jerry or Diane they’re trusted enough to walk around the community, I don’t know if this bunch are in the comics but I wonder if Bart is going to become Kingdom’s ‘loveable rogue’, or whether theyve been brought in to provide some red shirts for Elpha & Co.

Except for stealing a sword they have done nothing wrong,  so I am glad that they are onboard.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, SamBeckett said:

And that underscores the problem with this show. Think about it: If anyone from Oceanside showed up for the fair, would anyone in the viewing audience even know who it is??? They'd have to be wearing name tags that we could see at home.

If they go to the fare I could see them breeding with the new cowboy gang.  A little positiveness in the show is very welcome for me.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Is there anyone here who doesn't want Henry to die, preferably slowly and painfully?

I hate that kid more than the Whisperers.

Once they take out Henry they can eliminate Tara and her slack-jaw once and for all, and get this show back on track.

Shiva forever!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Only a Whisperer could climb over the barricades, so the plan was to kill every Whisperer that made it to the upper floor, Daryl was a little over confident about the numbers they faced

They travel in a herd - but there’s only like five or six of them in the middle, right?” - Daryl

Actually, Daryl was right on the money; there were six Whisperers in the herd.  Remember Beta’s instructions to the black-haired Whisperer when they were on the building’s ground floor...

North stairwell.  Take half.  Leave them no way out.

...immediately after which, Beta headed to the other stairwell with two other Whisperers - presumably constituting the other half of their hunting party.  

So the Whisperer contingent was six total - although I wouldn’t fault you for counting Beta as two.  🙂

and in reality Bayda could and should have killed Daryl.

Would coulda shoulda!  😄

Actually, I thought that fight was pretty balanced.  Beta definitely had advantages in reach and brute strength, but Daryl had the advantage of better intelligence on the immediate environment.

9 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

It was convenient that Daryl went through the one open area of the wall that wasn't framed properly.  Aren't studs normally 16 inches on center?

In houses, yes; in office buildings, though...?  It depends - primarily, on how cheap the building management thinks they can get away with.  General rule of thumb for non-load-bearing interior office walls is usually maximum 24” between stud centers - but in my younger days I frequently cut holes in office drywall for new computer cable drops, and more than once I found walls which were little more than a single square aluminum frame supporting an entire 4’x8’ sheet of drywall at its edges, with no intervening studs.  Like I said - however cheap they can get away with. 😉 

2 hours ago, tricknasty said:

Highway Men are a joke. Where did they get their costumes from, West World?

I gotta say - when Cowboy Sid came out of the shadows, first thing I was doing was looking around for Sheila the Wonder Horse.  ;>

1 hour ago, heisenberg said:

He did leave the scary monster alive in the well of the elevator.  Same as Rick did with Negan a couple of times.

Well... to be fair, Daryl thought Beta was dead. ;>

Edited by Nashville
Correcting fucking autocorrect.
  • Love 6