Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E13: Chokepoint

• Start Topic

Whayrre whuuz Elpha?  Wasn’t she the one with the dreadlock mask?  

Why didn’t Lydia identity Beta so Daryl could take him right out?  Why not pick off as many as they could before they got inside? Or how about get them inside, lock the door and burn that shit down?  Carol would. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, spiderpig said:

Is there anyone here who doesn't want Henry to die, preferably slowly and painfully?

Me. This show is watched by more than just adults. The teens viewers need some people their own age with their own teen angst to relate to (or crush on).

Edited by theredhead77
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, candall said:

Could someone please get Connie a Sharpie?

When everyone was driving around, I was worried about them running out of gas. Now I’m worrying about Connie running out of pens!!!  

This is a cruel, cruel show.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, heisenberg said:

He did leave the scary monster alive in the well of the elevator.  Same as Rick did with Negan a couple of times.

Yes, he did leave scary Chewbacca without making sure he was dead and should have known better. Would have been easy for him to zing a bolt into Chewwy's noggin, but y'know - plot and Opie's contract. Daryl may have had more motivation to make sure the monster was not merely, but most sincerely dead had he watched him beating Glenn and Abe to death and been tortured by him.

I bet Daryl wouldn't have thumped Negan a couple times with the handle of a bat, then dived out the window and left Negan with nothing more than a few bruises.

• Love 6
On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:01 PM, pezgirl7 said:

I liked that Daryl has never had a love interest, because I hate when shows feel the need to pair people up. I never saw romantic chemistry between him and Carol. I liked that they could have such a close platonic relationship, with out it having to turn into something else. But saying that... at this point in the show, I wouldn't mind if Daryl and Connie become a thing. I don't get the conversations about their ages. The actress is going to be 41 next month. She's hardly a young millenial. She's smart and brave and strong-willed. Hopefully she teaches Daryl some ASL. The note writing does slow things down a bit.

You'd think ASL would be an invaluable thing to know in the ZA, since you can communicate silently (without waiting for notes to be written.)   I'm glad so many others enjoyed this episode, usually this forum is just people slamming the show (while continuing to watch.)  I definitely enjoyed it and I've been enjoying the more lighthearted moments being threaded throughout these past episodes (the music distracting the zombies last episode and the movie bartering this one.)  I love watching them actually begin to rebuild civilization.  There's only so much "surviving" people want to watch.  Eventually we want to see how people start living.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Yes, he did leave scary Chewbacca without making sure he was dead and should have known better. Would have been easy for him to zing a bolt into Chewwy's noggin, but y'know - plot and Opie's contract. Daryl may have had more motivation to make sure the monster was not merely, but most sincerely dead had he watched him beating Glenn and Abe to death and been tortured by him.

I bet Daryl wouldn't have thumped Negan a couple times with the handle of a bat, then dived out the window and left Negan with nothing more than a few bruises.

It's hard to believe that Daryl Fucking Dixon WOULDN'T have put a bolt in Beta, if only just for kicks.

I agree with those that think that knowledge of ASL would be very useful.  The Whisperers wouldn't have to whisper so much if they knew sign language.

A lot of people view the differently-abled as weak and helpless and a burden.  One look at Connie would show that wasn't true.   And anyone who knows anything about the actress who plays Connie would know that she isn't weak and helpless either.  She's better than most of the actors on TWD who have full use of their faculties.   How many of them have Tony-awards?

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

It's hard to believe that Daryl Fucking Dixon WOULDN'T have put a bolt in Beta, if only just for kicks.

Of course, he would have if this had been just another of the nameless army of anonymous redshirts, but then we'd have been denied the fun of seeing Scary Monster put himself back together, rising like The Terminator after being shot to pieces/run over/blown up.

2 hours ago, lezlers said:

usually this forum is just people slamming the show (while continuing to watch.)

I think the show deserves the slamming it's been getting since the appearance of Negan. I continue to watch because I've watched from the beginning. I'm weak and just can't quit and I guess hope springs eternal (and is usually dashed)that things will improve. I know no one who watches TWD, so now I mainly watch because I enjoy so much the interesting, witty, and often hilarious observations and discussion on this forum and the live chat. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Haha yeah that’s it... big boned! She’s a furry AF rag doll. She’s like a limp noodle when I pick her up. Makes for a good blanket. 

Speaking of cats, this show needs more cats. I still find it so hard to believe a tiger could get killed by slow-ass rotting zombies, especially with their enhanced hearing and sight. But there should be an infestation of cats happening. They’re fast and smart enough to escape zombies. Maybe they’re all stuck up in trees and don’t know how to get back down. 🤔

Also, on a totally unrelated note, I’m sick of Georgia. That’s right, I said it. When the plot stinks, at least having some nice scenery that varies would be nice. Zombies in snow would be cool. They’d probably be better preserved too. Heck, stick them in Yosemite and push zombies off Half Dome. Much more entertaining. 

Aren't they supposed to be in Virginia? There are actual seasons there. There would be snow. Maybe I missed it when they went back to the South.......... Hell, I don't know any more

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, 3jt said:

Also, on a totally unrelated note, I’m sick of Georgia

Me too. I can't wait to move back to CA.

34 minutes ago, 3jt said:

Aren't they supposed to be in Virginia?

Oh wait. We're talking about the show. TWD is filmed in Georgia.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, spiderpig said:

Is there anyone here who doesn't want Henry to die, preferably slowly and painfully?

I hate that kid more than the Whisperers.

Once they take out Henry they can eliminate Tara and her slack-jaw once and for all, and get this show back on track.

Shiva forever!!!

1. I'm in!

2. Me too!

3. Yes, please! Out, damned deadwood, out!

4. Yep.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

I think the show deserves the slamming it's been getting since the appearance of Negan. I continue to watch because I've watched from the beginning. I'm weak and just can't quit and I guess hope springs eternal (and is usually dashed)that things will improve. I know no one who watches TWD, so now I mainly watch because I enjoy so much the interesting, witty, and often hilarious observations and discussion on this forum and the live chat. 

I'm one of those people.  I'm barely hanging on by my fingernails.  It's hope and this forum that keeps me watching.  I don't have a problem complaining and criticizing because the people who put this show together have ridden my love of this show to BILLIONS of dollars and careers that most of them would never have had, way beyond their talent or ability.

When this episode ended, I was shocked because I realized that I was feeling good about an episode of TWD and it's been so long since I had that feeling.  Finding out that Liesl Tommy had directed it explained a lot of it for me.  But there are still so many things that are horribly wrong with this show, things that could be easily fixed.  Killing Henry is the first and best quick fix.  I read an article that discussed why Henry is the character so many people love to hate.  Well, I don't love to hate Henry.  I just hate him.  I hate everything about the character and I want him off my screen.  I resent every single second that's wasted on him that could be used on characters that actually have a purpose.  And then they add insult to injury by throwing in another bunch of newbies?  Thanks to @Nashville's intelligent explanation of the situation The Kingdom is in, I can accept the introduction of the Highwaymen and see how they could be a good addition to the already bloated cast.  But Henry NEEDS TO DIE.

• Love 7

We're not really given a good idea of how many zombies there are but I can appreciate Daryl not wanting to bring an actual threat back to Hilltop.  It would help if the group of zombies/whisperers appeared larger and more threatening.  He seems to think that if they kill all of the Whisperers and esp Beta, maybe the rest won't know where to track them to?

Wouldn't Alpha assume Daryl, Henry and Lydia have gone back to Hilltop anyway, regardless of whether they go there or not? I don't see how not going back to Hilltop prevents Alpha from attacking it. They've drawn a line in the sand regardless of where they head, and it's not as if Alpha knows they're somewhere else.

The Whisperers don't seem like a trustworthy lot.   I think they would destroy Hilltop no matter what Tara might tell them.  Just because Lydia wasn't there, there is no reason why Alpha wouldn't assume that Tara would know where Lydia was being kept.

Plus, Daryl has just led the walkers to feed on some of the Whisperers, so she might want revenge just for that.

Exactly. I guess this whole grandstanding thing in the abandoned building made sense to a lot of the audience but it went right over my head. The only reason for it I could see was because the writers wanted some kind of cool fight scene.

Could someone please get Connie a Sharpie?

Please, no. Get her a ball-point. The squeaking noise that thing makes on her note pad is like nails on a chalk board to me.

• Love 3
On 3/11/2019 at 9:24 AM, nodorothyparker said:

I have no idea if the show is planning on a Daryl-Connie pairing or if people are seeing what they want to see, which is how a lot of ships are born.  I know the actor has been vocal over the years about not wanting Daryl paired off and playing the character almost asexually, something I've found amusing given how the show has promoted him as the least sexy "sex symbol" ever with his sleeveless leather vests and series of implausibly gassed up bad boy motorcycles.  While I don't really care one way or the other because I really don't have any vested interest in any possible romantic inclinations of a guy who has been living in a tent in the woods the past six years, I concede it's been something of a novelty watching one of the bigger stars of such a long running show never show the slightest undisputed inkling of an interest in that direction toward anyone.   I am curious to see whether the show continues down that road with him now that's he's the top billed "lead character."

Actually I do understand it.  As a fan of Supernatural and  Justified any attempt to  hook up the leading men led to a massive hazing of the actresses/characters they were being paired up with.  Which is a real problem and very unfortunate.  All of their characters ended up being alone in the love department.

I don't see Norman as being in the same league as Jensen, Jared or Timothy - but others do.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

Me too. I can't wait to move back to CA.

Oh wait. We're talking about the show. TWD is filmed in Georgia.

Yep filmed in Georgia- but I thought that Alexandria and such are in Virginia- I guess that we hand wave regional weather because the show is FILMED in Georgia.....

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

I don't have a problem complaining and criticizing because the people who put this show together have ridden my love of this show to BILLIONS of dollars and careers that most of them would never have had, way beyond their talent or ability.

I'm especially critical when I see (although usually, I try to avoid listening to anyone connected with the show) someone like e.g., Kang, beaming and raving about how wonderful and clever it was to put those dogs after Negan. All I can think is: Are you really that stupid, or do you think WE are? It's hard not to be personally insulted by dumbass drivel like this. 

I read an article that discussed why Henry is the character so many people love to hate.  Well, I don't love to hate Henry.  I just hate him. 

"Love to hate" is rather enjoyable. I binge-watched "Aftermath" and adored hating it. I cannot stand the sight of Henry and there's no love there at all. Every word he says, everything he does is like nails on a chalkboard for me. 

This show, with its usual historical incompetence of having no clue how to sustain any momentum at all, just takes yet another nosedive when we leave whatever action may be taking place and go to, "Meanwhile, back with Henry the Lovelorn Brat" and everything comes to a screeching, coma-inducing halt. Maybe also that he's being rammed down our throats as "Our Replacement Carl - don'tcha love him?" fuels the hatred. I'm not sure.   

1 hour ago, Macbeth said:

As a fan of Supernatural and  Justified any attempt to  hook up the leading men led to a massive hazing of the actresses/characters they were being paired up with.

Now that is interesting. Do female fans think if a fictional character remains unattached, he'll come looking for them? I must find a psychological study of the bizarre workings of fandoms because that's kind of fascinating. My only objection to Daryl hooking up is I will call absolute bullshit if we don't see him wash before gettin' it on. Not even an apocalypse would induce any woman to be intimate with someone who probably hasn't even washed his balls in years.  If Daryl doesn't wash, we riot.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with being critical of some aspects of any series.

Viewers are viewers whether some hate watch or not.   Viewers  (even hate watchers) contribute to the ratings of television series.  Good ratings are what keep this and other series on the air.  

I don't disagree and I'm not trying to go off topic, here.  But page after page of nothing but "this show is so stupid, I hate it.  I'm never watching it again!!" gets old after a while.  My point is merely that it's nice to see some positive opinions on here.  It's not an argument, it's an observation.

• Love 12
23 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I agree - we need more cats!  The thought of Shiva, or swift and easily spooked horses, for that matter, not being able to elude zombies is ridiculous.

agree. as a cat owner many times over - cats are NOTORIOUS natural predators. cats would be the first to find the safe place to sleep and relax. a zombie is way less dexterous than a mouse, but a cat would totally be in charge in a cat/mouse situation. unless you had a giant herd of zombies dropped from a cat OUT of earshot, a zombie taking a feline is OUT of the question. ditto dogs for that matter, tho dogs being more forgiving MIGHT give a zombie a chance to friend-pet it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Now that is interesting. Do female fans think if a fictional character remains unattached, he'll come looking for them? I must find a psychological study of the bizarre workings of fandoms because that's kind of fascinating. My only objection to Daryl hooking up is I will call absolute bullshit if we don't see him wash before gettin' it on. Not even an apocalypse would induce any woman to be intimate with someone who probably hasn't even washed his balls in years.  If Daryl doesn't wash, we riot.

The short, sad answer is YES, there are fans out there that think if Daryl stays single, they have a chance.  It's one of the reasons Meagan Markle gets so much hate.  There are women out there that think a bi-racial, AMERICAN TV actress stole their prince.

I also think the shower is a must-have.  I'm surprised Dog puts up with Daryl's stank ass.  The actress who plays Connie said the first intimate scene between Connie and Daryl would have to be a shower scene.  And he's going to have to burn those clothes too.

1 hour ago, Pixiebomb said:

I just realized that I don’t miss Maggie one bit.  

I miss her a lot.  I wanted to see Maggie and Michonne work out their issues.  We rarely get female bonding scenes and the show is the worse for it. 

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I have a soft spot for Tara.  I don't know why.  Maybe it is because she is so disliked.

I am still waiting to see if Heath ever comes back.

I don't mind Tara.. She's not great, but not awful either, just kinda keeping the status quo. She seems competent, as opposed to Maggie who got queen status and decided her way or the only way attitude.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

The actress who plays Connie said the first intimate scene between Connie and Daryl would have to be a shower scene. 

Good luck to her. Daryl is no young, raging stud anymore and I can't imagine him being horny enough to shower even for a chance like this. His right hand never complains about his coating of grime. Why would he bother changing all that for some girl? Disclaimer: I call her a "girl" because she looks very young (but everyone looks young to me now) and I can't be bothered looking up the actress's age. 

14 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

We rarely get female bonding scenes and the show is the worse for it. 

Other than Sasha and Rosita's talk, before their bumbling attempt at killing Negan, I do not remember ever seeing two women here having anything resembling a real conversation, never mind bonding. I guess Kirkman is not good at "women stuff".

17 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

The short, sad answer is YES, there are fans out there that think if Daryl stays single, they have a chance.

Good lord. Really? Daryl is an attractive man, but when I read these breathless fics written by what seem to be 14-year-old virgins, all I can think is, "Do you know what he SMELLS like?" I won't go into detail and I have no objections to a little healthy sweat and grime that come from a hard day's work, but him? No way.

• Love 7

I don't hate Tara, but the less I see of her, the better.  However, if she ever does another fucking fist bump, I'm going to hope and pray that Alpha skins her alive. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Please, no. Get her a ball-point. The squeaking noise that thing makes on her note pad is like nails on a chalk board to me.

She has a ball-point now--which requires me to get up, stomp over and squint at the damn screen.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Other than Sasha and Rosita's talk, before their bumbling attempt at killing Negan, I do not remember ever seeing two women here having anything resembling a real conversation, never mind bonding. I guess Kirkman is not good at "women stuff".

There was a moment between Michonne and Sasha when Michonne told Sasha to get it together.  That was nice too.  But moments between women are few and far between.

As long as he gets rid of the funk, I think it would be interesting to see our Daryl become an inside cat.

• Love 4

There was a moment between Michonne and Sasha when Michonne told Sasha to get it together.  That was nice too.  But moments between women are few and far between.

As long as he gets rid of the funk, I think it would be interesting to see our Daryl become an inside cat.

agreed. granted a post apocalyptic world would  be weird, but women do communicate way way better than guys. and so far has seemed either too direct or confrontational. there's little bonding going on, which in that world i would think would strive to surface more than ever. take michonne - yes needs to take charge, but seems there should be a mirroring bonding thing with someone to bounce the days problems off of, since Rick-coral is gone now.  maybe as an older single guy i am wrong? but that's what seems to be presented to more as typical gals, middle age, dealing with sh*t the world and dudes hand us. you. all.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Colorado David said:

agreed. granted a post apocalyptic world would  be weird, but women do communicate way way better than guys. and so far has seemed either too direct or confrontational. there's little bonding going on, which in that world i would think would strive to surface more than ever. take michonne - yes needs to take charge, but seems there should be a mirroring bonding thing with someone to bounce the days problems off of, since Rick-coral is gone now.  maybe as an older single guy i am wrong? but that's what seems to be presented to more as typical gals, middle age, dealing with sh*t the world and dudes hand us. you. all.

It makes me sad to see Michonne so isolated.  She fought so hard for a home for her people and she wanted it so much, especially for Carl and Judith. 

13 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Aaron is an underutilized character. 

Aaron is CRIMINALLY underutilized.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Aaron is an underutilized character.

I agree. I was quite fond of Aaron til TPTB turned him into a moron who went wandering through the woods and ended up dehydrated and rolling around in a mud puddle for the Ocean women to sneer at. But really, who can be given attention in this huge and steadily growing cast of characters, most of whom I do not even know their names or where the hell they came from. Yeah, I realize maybe that's just me, but the additions and turn-overs are dizzying. 

• Love 6

It makes me sad to see Michonne so isolated.  She fought so hard for a home for her people and she wanted it so much, especially for Carl and Judith. 

Aaron is CRIMINALLY underutilized.

abs. Ross Marquand is a great actor, and they could so put him in a lead role and he'd frigging kill it. wish they would.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I have a soft spot for Tara.  I don't know why.  Maybe it is because she is so disliked.

I am still waiting to see if Heath ever comes back.

I'm loud and proud about my love of Tara.

I think what with all of the time jumps that have happened the Heath boat has sailed, although they could probably make a case for him showing up in the movies. That would be cool.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Colorado David said:

abs. Ross Marquand is a great actor, and they could so put him in a lead role and he'd frigging kill it

Agree with that too. He is a good actor - better than most on this show - as well as being a very talented impressionist. How I'd love to see him impersonate Rick at his most obnoxious "Ricktator" monologuing persona for the amusement of others - maybe at the FAIR, of course when Michonne is not around.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Agree with that too. He is a good actor - better than most on this show - as well as being a very talented impressionist. How I'd love to see him impersonate Rick at his most obnoxious "Ricktator" monologuing persona for the amusement of others - maybe at the FAIR, of course when Michonne is not around.

agreed, those 60 seconds impressions he does??? friggin amazing. and if he can bring that talent to a slow moving WD character, just wowzer. he can run away with the lead roles.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, 3jt said:

Aren't they supposed to be in Virginia? There are actual seasons there. There would be snow. Maybe I missed it when they went back to the South.......... Hell, I don't know any more

Haha yes, story-wise they're supposed to be in Virginia, but I can't ignore the fact in the back of my head that really, it's Georgia. And it screams "hello, we're stuck in Georgia, because the scenery between season 1 and season whatever-the-fuck we're on now hasn't changed one bit." 

Also it conveniently never fucking snows. Yellow snow might be a good way to track other non-zombies in the winter. Ooh, I just imagined a "chase" scene where they run onto a frozen lake to get away from the super fast zombies (oh, wait) and then the zombies can slip and slide around and hilarity will ensue!

Edited by MVFrostsMyPie
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Ooh, I just imagined a "chase" scene where they run onto a frozen lake to get away from the super fast zombies (oh, wait) and then the zombies can slip and slide around and hilarity will ensue!

All to the tune of 'Yakkety Sax'!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Ooh, I just imagined a "chase" scene where they run onto a frozen lake to get away from the super fast zombies (oh, wait) and then the zombies can slip and slide around and hilarity will ensue!

All to the tune of 'Yakkety Sax'!

Please GOD somebody tell me there’s a Benny Hill clip somewhere with zombie bodies superimposed on the cops....  😄

• Love 5
On 3/12/2019 at 1:39 AM, Nashville said:

North stairwell.  Take half.  Leave them no way out.

...immediately after which, Beta headed to the other stairwell with two other Whisperers - presumably constituting the other half of their hunting party. 

I understood that to mean "take half" of the herd. While I can't verify if there were 6 or more in their hunting party... I didn't read that instruction the same way you did.

Also, I cannot adequately express how much I loved Carol's expression when she asked the Highwaymen how long it's been since they've seen a movie. It was SO adorable - made even more adorable by my knowledge that she's a stone cold, effective, killing machine. I could re-watch that scene over and over again. I have no issue with how or why the Highwaymen showed up... I got the impression that as 'highway men', they've been moving around from place to place by way of the highway and taking tolls from any small groups they passed along the way. I, too, am thrilled that we've finally met "normal" survivors who can be cutthroat and suspicious, but also reasonable.

I think the Whisperers, in general, are a stupid premise - it's a dumb way to live and STILL doesn't make any sense at all. How are they eating and getting clean water? Why aren't they being attacked when they're arguing and viciously whispering in the midst of their herds? I mean, Lydia wasn't even "dressed" as a zombie and she was just "shuffling" along with them all willy nilly. How is that working? And if they're so pleased with being turned into a Guardian, why don't they all just allow themselves to be bitten? So dumb.

But Daryl and Connie made up for their stupidity. I enjoyed them together.

The humor was well placed and much needed - I'm on board for some more of that.

• Love 5
On 3/12/2019 at 4:41 AM, heisenberg said:

Except for stealing a sword they have done nothing wrong,  so I am glad that they are onboard.

Well they did leave Jerry with a bloody face, so there must be a question mark as to what type of people they really are,  I hope they do turn out to be something different and do integrate with the communities.

My only problem was the way they were introduced, I personally didn’t find it humorous, I also didn’t think it fitted in with the episode, or the show in general, it was more suited to an episode of Z Nation.

As with everything it’s a case of each to their own, so let’s hope they turn out to be more than a nice, juicy bunch of red shirts.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, marcee said:

I think the Whisperers, in general, are a stupid premise - it's a dumb way to live and STILL doesn't make any sense at all. How are they eating and getting clean water? Why aren't they being attacked when they're arguing and viciously whispering in the midst of their herds? I mean, Lydia wasn't even "dressed" as a zombie and she was just "shuffling" along with them all willy nilly. How is that working? And if they're so pleased with being turned into a Guardian, why don't they all just allow themselves to be bitten? So dumb.

Yep, yep. I think it might be better to just dismiss it all with "So dumb" and not question it. Nothing about this makes one iota of sense. I'd like to know how they live like bare-subsistence nomads, yet remain so well-fed, but yeah, so dumb. Next.

• Love 5

At least I feel like I know who Tara is. She was introduced with an actual backstory and family. I know where she comes from. I can't say that about most of the current cast anymore. They just don't devote any effort whatever to developing characters in a way that makes me care about any of them. Luke? Connie? Magna? Kelly? Who the hell are these people? They just wandered in this season and I'm supposed to give a damn about them? Why? They could all die tomorrow and I wouldn't care at all.  

• Love 4
22 hours ago, candall said:

She has a ball-point now--which requires me to get up, stomp over and squint at the damn screen.

Then why is it squeaking like she's writing with a magic marker? Sound effects fail?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, marcee said:

I understood that to mean "take half" of the herd. While I can't verify if there were 6 or more in their hunting party... I didn't read that instruction the same way you did.

Okay - so I went back and counted, and I was wrong; there were seven Whisperers in the hunt pack, not six.  

In order of neutralization:

1. Whisperer taken out by Henry (staff) - down and definitely unconscious, but maybe not dead.
  2. Whisperer killed by Connie (slingshot).
  3. Whisperer killed by Daryl (axe).
  4. Whisperer killed by Henry (staff), with Dog assist.
  5. Whisperer killed by Connie (knife to back) - this was the dark-haired Whisperer leading the north stairwell group.
  6. Whisperer killed by Daryl (knife to throat).
  7. Beta taken out by Daryl (elevator shaft) - down, not dead.

I’d previously thought Whisperer #4 was Whisperer #1 after having regained consciousness; #1 and #2 came in through a side door by Henry, though, while #4 and #5 snuck in behind Connie (while she was still slingshot-covering the area where she’d disposed of #2).

So Daryl (and I) were off by one; still not too shabby, considering. 🙂

Edited by Nashville
Typo
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Thank you for subjecting yourself to a rewatch so we don't have to.

Wasn’t too bad.  I FF’ed to the fight scene, which was one of the better parts.  And I rewound/replayed Henry getting stabbed in the leg (with the stick he’d sharpened for Lydia, no less) several times, which was fun.

Worst part, though?  A specific part of the Daryl/Bubba fight scene.  Daryl and Beta are going at it, each with a knife in both hands - until Bubba up and kicks Daryl square in the chest, knocking Daryl flat and CAUSING DARYL TO DROP/LOSE BOTH OF HIS KNIVES.

So that should be it for Daryl, right - flat on his back, totally disarmed, with a 6’4” SOA reject from Hell standing over him with two wicked long pigstickers?  We’re about to be served up an entree of Daryl fricassee, right?  Right?

BUT WAIT!!!  Very next thing we see is Beta grabbing Daryl OPEN-HANDED to throw him around some.  Whaaaat - Beta wanted soooo badly to play with his new Raggedy Daryl doll that he just... dropped his knives???  Or put them away???

Give me a great big freakin’ take-a-flying-fuck-at-a-rolling-donut break.  :[ 

Edited by Nashville
Correcting fucking autocorrect
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Whaaaat - Beta wanted soooo badly to play with his new Raggedy Daryl doll that he just... dropped his knives???  Or put them away???

And you act all surprised, after we watched Negan on a trolly, trussed up like a Christmas turkey but then magically had both a gun and a stick of dynamite (or a flare? Doesn't matter) that manifested out of thin air in a way that would impress Professor Snape? When little brat Henry is in a tree hollow with a mess of zombies grabbing at him and never got even a scratch? When Daryl got the daylights beaten and kicked out of him by the Merletones AND the Saviors and casually walked away? When Rick was impaled through and through on rusty rebar, yet could get up and walk/ride for miles? I won't go on.

Okay, but seriously: If they wanted Daryl to remain unscathed after this fight with the big monster, they should have made Lurch lose his weapons before that moment, but I guess TPTB are too busy high-fiving each other to see such glaring, non-sensical bullshit taking place. Or maybe they do see it all and find no fault.

• Love 7