Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, stoppro said:

the puzzle pieces won't fit because he will miles away!If he has any brains. "My Man" has had enough warning. Its on him now.idiot

That may be part of the puzzle (for me) that I haven't figured out. Does he have brains or not?

38 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

That may be part of the puzzle (for me) that I haven't figured out. Does he have brains or not?

we will see.I think not. but thats just me.Maybe the money made him stupid.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, stoppro said:

Maybe the money made him stupid.

I think u might be right… he was a long time bachelor with his own home, had long term serious relationships yet never married then he meets Amy, is brought onboard to her life including a TV show and he’s suddenly ready to marry.

one thing that has always bothered me was when his poker buddy/best man asked him why Amy? … Chris sat there and sort of shrugged then said “it’s easy, it’s just easy” …. Uhhhh wtf?? No “I fell in love” or “I love her” or “she’s the person I always hoped to find” or ANYTHING romantic or sweet…. Nope just “it’s easy, it’s just easy”

to me that sounds like someone who fell face first into a bucket of money…. Chris at his age was living in a tiny little bachelor cottage had never even been on a cruise or tropical vacation and he’s suddenly being paid to appear on a TV show and Amy is taking him on a cruise and she lives in a huge house on acreage…. Which is another thing he’s whined a few times about missing the farm, with its views and privacy and he encouraged her to stay there.

amy will only get richer as time goes on, her mom is dead and her dad is in his 90’s… he owns a home in Michigan and a cottage on the lake plus whatever money he’s accumulated and Amy is set to inherit a portion of his estate.

She used to say that they planned to live in her house for 10 years until they retire but lately she’s begun saying things like “we’ll see how long we’ll stay in this house” or “we may want to move sooner than planned” where’s that coming from? Is Chris still whining about the views and privacy or is he realizing that Amy could afford a much larger and fancier house?

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Chris at his age was living in a tiny little bachelor cottage

It was a three bedroom home. 

22 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

had never even been on a cruise or tropical vacation

This isn't an indication of poverty. Owning a home, a motorcycle, and a car all indicates Chris wasn't living on the edge of homelessness. 

27 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

amy will only get richer as time goes on, her mom is dead and her dad is in his 90’s… he owns a home in Michigan and a cottage on the lake plus whatever money he’s accumulated and Amy is set to inherit a portion of his estate.

A portion yes, and there's at least two other siblings. Also, no real idea what the state of his financial affairs are. Sadly, medical expenses (the mom was sick before she died) can eat into things as well. Don't assume there's an inheritance to be had. Frankly Amy might be excluded BECAUSE she's quite wealthy compared to her siblings. We have no way of knowing. 

32 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

She used to say that they planned to live in her house for 10 years until they retire but lately she’s begun saying things like “we’ll see how long we’ll stay in this house” or “we may want to move sooner than planned” where’s that coming from?

Maybe she's been listening to everyone here who griped how she wouldn't be happy with such a small amount of land? Regardless until there's a for sale sign out, I wouldn't worry about it. 

• Love 6

I will never understand why Amy went ahead and bought a house herself when she was engaged to Chris. If the intended to marry, why not purchase a joint home, financially together on it? Chris will forever be living in "Amy's house"...not Chris and Amy's house. I also don't understand the "princess for a day" thing. Amy WAS princess for a day when she and Matt married AND again for the prom re-creation. This would make a 3rd princess day for her.  Yes, I agree that she said the wedding was for the never-married before Chris. I don't see HIM reflected in this wedding at all.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

I will never understand why Amy went ahead and bought a house herself when she was engaged to Chris. If the intended to marry, why not purchase a joint home, financially together on it? Chris will forever be living in "Amy's house"...not Chris and Amy's house. I also don't understand the "princess for a day" thing. Amy WAS princess for a day when she and Matt married AND again for the prom re-creation. This would make a 3rd princess day for her.  Yes, I agree that she said the wedding was for the never-married before Chris. I don't see HIM reflected in this wedding at all.

Have you met Amy?  Lol

She'd love being princess everyday!!!!  It's always about HER!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

That certainly is an old photo of Amy.  Why didn't they use one of her recent selfies?  There are a lot to choose from.  Will some of her fans from "Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen" dig deep in their pockets to have the honor of speaking to their favorite chef?

• LOL 6
46 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

I bet someone from this blog would be wild to talk with Amy?

Who's going to take one for the team???

39 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

Did Chris even get to say what his ideas were for wedding favors?

No.  But he DID get to say, several times now, that he doesn't want a big fancy formal wedding and would be happier with the JP and a big party afterwards...

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Who's going to take one for the team???

Lol! If I had an extra $85.00 I'd donate it to animal welfare. But damn I would love to ask her some serious questions. I'm sure she will have "back up" from Lisa. So any questions Amy doesn't want to answer, can be avoided. 

• Love 1

They at least had medicare to help with the bills.  I bet the bills were not overwhelming if there were any.  The dad owns 2 homes, so there has to be something to inherit.

7 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I would love to ask her some serious questions. I'm sure she will have "back up" from Lisa. So any questions Amy doesn't want to answer, can be avoided. 

I am sure there are subjects that will be off limits.  No way she is going into that call cold. Also, why the hell would you want to talk to her?  Maybe one of those cooking sisters will win the bidding.

I watched some of the recent live yesterday, boy she has that full of herself attitude even using the cutesy fake voice.  I just laugh at the way she acts.  She is so proud of herself that she landed another man.  Amy would have dated and married anyone who asked her.  She just wanted another relationship after Matt.  Chris is marrying her because he is insecure due to being cheated on in other relationships and Amy is a safe bet.  A match made in heaven!

• Love 6

That may be why he's WITH her (that and his "little girl" fetish), but it still doesn't explain why he's MARRYING her.  A mystery for the ages!

However much Amy may have been picked on in school, it sure didn't damage her self-esteem.  Girl thinks she's all that and a bag of chips!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

That may be why he's WITH her (that and his "little girl" fetish), but it still doesn't explain why he's MARRYING her. 

I bet Amy pushed for marriage.  She presents herself as a God fearing and virtuous woman.  Would look bad for her to just shack up with her man.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I bet Amy pushed for marriage.  She presents herself as a God fearing and virtuous woman.  Would look bad for her to just shack up with her man.  

It's a matter of record that she pushed for marriage (conversation with her toadies concluding with Chris had better poop or get off the pot), but it's debatable whether it's because she had an internal spiritual struggle or just wanted to be princess for a day and/or "win" (she's "competitive") by beating Matt to the altar...

2 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

When she had that "we've been dating six months now; where do you see this going?" conversation, she seemed disappointed with his "let's just take it one day at a time" reply.  She probably expected the "going steady" ring at that point!

(sorry; messed up editing!)

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Also, why the hell would you want to talk to her?  

Yes!! I can't wait to see the person who spent money to just TALK to Amy! I hope Amy is going to post it on IG. 

Maybe one of the strippers from Chris's Gentlemen's Clubs will be the highest bidder. Amy can show her some "spinner" moves for the "pole."

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, winsomeone said:

wasn't Amy always traveling somewhere or other giving motivational speeches? 

Good question. And what happened to Amy (and Matt. Can't leave him out. "All roads lead to Matt!"😄)  going to many (?) "Little people" conventions. IIRC they were a part of that in the beginning of the show.

I've not seen every episode from the early years so maybe it was explained why they're not involved anymore. Or maybe they are and I missed it?

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Yes!! I can't wait to see the person who spent money to just TALK to Amy! I hope Amy is going to post it on IG. 

Maybe one of the strippers from Chris's Gentlemen's Clubs will be the highest bidder. Amy can show her some "spinner" moves for the "pole."

I’m not getting the spinner thing. Am I going to be sorry if I Google it?

• LOL 2
7 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

I’m not getting the spinner thing. Am I going to be sorry if I Google it?

Well, it might take you places you don't want to go but it's not anything perverted (IMO). 

Any other posters here want to take a shot at explaining it? The first time I ever heard the term "spinner" was on an episode of Millionaire Matchmaker (Patti Stanger's show). So that is where I got my info.

I think it just refers to very petite, short women who can sit on a guys lap and "spin."

If I've got this wrong, somebody please correct me. 

• Useful 1
3 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Well, it might take you places you don't want to go but it's not anything perverted (IMO). 

Any other posters here want to take a shot at explaining it? The first time I ever heard the term "spinner" was on an episode of Millionaire Matchmaker (Patti Stanger's show). So that is where I got my info.

I think it just refers to very petite, short women who can sit on a guys lap and "spin."

If I've got this wrong, somebody please correct me. 

Lol I always thought it was pole dance spinning around the pole!

• LOL 1

Basically, they're assuming based off of an anonymous person claiming to be a stripper that Chris is a pervert who likes little girls and Amy performs a sex act where she is on top, penis inside her, being "spun around" for his and her sexual pleasure since she is so small.

The actual act is close to physically impossible even with really fit partners and the whole lengthy "Amy is a spinner" is based off the word of someone posting anonymously about Chris attending strip clubs, nothing more.

Ironically "spinner" in the Urban dictionary refers to lesbians

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, DonnaMae said:

They probably haven't had a convention since the pandemic started.

Obviously, that would be true and understandable. I was referring to pre-Covid times. Sorry for not clarifying that point. 

1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Mmm depends 🤣🤣🤣. It can mean an x rated thing.

Exactly it’s also referred to as “helicopter sex”

It’s not impossible at all, in fact it’s standard entertainment if you’ve ever been to Bangkok Thailand they feature it on stage 24/7 in their live sex shows…. Every bar in the red light district features it and there’s dozens of bars.

They advertise it with the man laying , sitting and even standing as he twirls his partner 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Basically, they're assuming based off of an anonymous person claiming to be a stripper that Chris is a pervert who likes little girls and Amy performs a sex act where she is on top, penis inside her, being "spun around" for his and her sexual pleasure since she is so small.

The actual act is close to physically impossible even with really fit partners and the whole lengthy "Amy is a spinner" is based off the word of someone posting anonymously about Chris attending strip clubs, nothing more.

Ironically "spinner" in the Urban dictionary refers to lesbians

I was thinking that is what spinner meant 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

It’s not impossible at all, in fact it’s standard entertainment if you’ve ever been to Bangkok Thailand

Never been to Bangkok but I do know VietNam veterans talk about the petite Vietnamese women who would be in a hanging basket that spun down into the guys lap. So it is an actual means of pleasure for those who are into it.

Not saying Amy and Chris are into it and I don't ever want to imagine those two in ANY sexual position!😂

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 9
6 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Never been to Bangkok but I do know VietNam veterans talk about the petite Vietnamese women who would be in a hanging basket that spun down into the guys lap. So it is an actual means of pleasure for those who are into it.

Exactly… it’s a very common sex act offered in the brothels of Vietnam, Thailand etc and it’s regularly performed in live shows all over the world and the people performing it aren’t gymnasts or athletes… they’re ordinary and not particularly fit or young looking.

Its not my cup of tea but  in those countries it’s available everywhere and very common… no one bats an eye and they’re always handing you brochures.

Maybe Chris likes that type of thing… judging by the popularity of it in those countries a lot of men like it 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly… it’s a very common sex act offered in the brothels of Vietnam, Thailand etc and it’s regularly performed in live shows all over the world and the people performing it aren’t gymnasts or athletes… they’re ordinary and not particularly fit or young looking.

Its not my cup of tea but  in those countries it’s available everywhere and very common… no one bats an eye and they’re always handing you brochures.

Maybe Chris likes that type of thing… judging by the popularity of it in those countries a lot of men like it 🤷‍♀️

True Joan.  There are tons of men/people who travel to those places on a regular basis.  They call them sex tourists.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

True Joan.  There are tons of men/people who travel to those places on a regular basis.  They call them sex tourists.

And they sometimes come home with a fiance, in which case they end up on another TLC show!

• LOL 10

They're going to Hawaii (Amy basically gave it away in her Live, although I think she'd already given it away earlier).  It used to be Matt's favorite escape, and he'd talked about retiring there before Arizona became a thing.  It was also the last place they vacationed as a family.  Maybe it's a parting FU.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Do Chris M. and Amy R. love the beach?  I honestly can't recall if they've ever gone (except to visit her family on Lake Michigan).  It seems bike trips to the mountains are more their thing.  But the honeymoon, like everything about the wedding, was no doubt Princess Amy's call, for whatever reason she chose it.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Do Chris M. and Amy R. love the beach?  I honestly can't recall if they've ever gone (except to visit her family on Lake Michigan).  It seems bike trips to the mountains are more their thing.  But the honeymoon, like everything about the wedding, was no doubt Princess Amy's call, for whatever reason she chose it.

Quite a while ago Amy had narrowed it down to two.  Hawaii and some island.

• Useful 1

Chris wants a Hawaiian themed wedding but of course, that can't possibly mean he likes Hawaii and wants to go, right? 🙄

I don't know what others have heard but I heard Hawaii is a pretty popular honeymoon choice for a variety of reasons. 

• Love 1

If they love the beach, I'm surprised they haven't taken an actual beach vacation in all their six (?) years of "adventures."  My ex and I made it a point to go several times a year, and we weren't nearly as wealthy or footloose and fancy-free as these two are!  I just assumed that Chris's idea of a Hawaiian party in place of a formal wedding was related to Amy's declaration of Hawaii as HER choice.  After all, when has Chris gotten a vote in any of this?

Any guesses as to the second tattoo?  #MyMan?  #MiMiMi?  #FinallyBaggedHim?

• LOL 4
32 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Quite a while ago Amy had narrowed it down to two.  Hawaii and some island.

The Island of "wherever TLC will pay for it to be filmed." That could be the "island" in Amy's kitchen. 

• LOL 9