Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

I watched the chicken cordon bleu video...yes, a few mispronunciations. What I noticed mostly was that Amy waited a very long time before she washed her hand after flouring the raw chicken. She did a few more things, and was back at the all-too-high- counter island still with the flour on her fingers...

Once again I tapped my foot waiting and waiting for that recipe to begin. She went on and on with her long, unnecessary stories and the fakey, fakey sweet little girly personality and high pitched voice..."in Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen"!

Chris doesn't like asparagus, yet she cooks that for him. Lemon on asparagus? I cut them in thirds, saute' them with olive oil, salt pepper and garlic powder...no lemon. They are fork ready and delicious. Asparagus, even though cooked, aren't easy to cut with a knife; they have those stringy fibers in them. 

• Love 1
(edited)

What are "the triangle sharp things" on asparagus that she is talking about? Why is she not making a different vegetable for Chris if he doesn't like asparagus? She is a mean biatch. 

She says all of her food is "edible." 😄  Ask Felix...he'll agree 100%!

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 9
40 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

What are the "the triangle sharp things" on asparagus that she is talking about? Why is she not making a different vegetable for Chris if he doesn't like asparagus? She is a mean biatch. 

She says all of her food is "edible." 😄  Ask Felix...he'll agree 100%!

I think she was talking about the end of a vegetable peeler.  

Just my personal thing . . . but no one sits down to eat a meal in our house with a hat on.  Not even those of us who live here.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I think she was talking about the end of a vegetable peeler.  

Oh Ok. I thought she was talking about the asparagus and NOT the peeler. I misunderstood. Im going to watch the video again.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, chenoa333 said:

Oh Ok. I thought she was talking about the asparagus and NOT the peeler. I misunderstood. Im going to watch the video again.

Her discussion about the peeler was close to the end.  Don't torture yourself by watching the whole thing.

I might be wrong about the triangle on the end of the peeler . . . let me know if I am!!!

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

I hope Matt and Chris become and stay friends. Even if just casually.

Who does Amy think she is telling Chris not to be friendly with Matt? Oh yeah, I forgot....she's Little Miss Bossy running "her man's" life and feelings. I guess she'll be Little MRS. Bossy next month. 

Amy must not have studied Shakespeare in college, or she'd have learned the lesson of Romeo and Juliet.  The harder you try to keep two people apart, the harder they'll try to be together!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I think I see what she is talking about on the asparagus

Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 7.48.57 PM.png

I guess I'm a super freak because those asparagus tips are my favorite part. Tender, flavorful. Yum! 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I guess I'm a super freak because those asparagus tips are my favorite part. Tender, flavorful. Yum! 

Not the tips, these things on the stalks

Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 7.53.01 PM.png

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3

Those 'things' on the stalks are perfectly edible.  You don't need to peel them away.  I just snap off the tough end of the asparagus and either stem the asparagus or bake it briefly in the oven with a little olive oil.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

Those 'things' on the stalks are perfectly edible.  You don't need to peel them away.  I just snap off the tough end of the asparagus and either stem the asparagus or bake it briefly in the oven with a little olive oil.

Exactly… wtf is she talking about?

so she peels her asparagus to get rid of something perfectly edible?  🤔

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I will agree that Amy’s cooking videos leave a lot to be desired; I can’t get through them. However, many chefs/cooks do peel asparagus (I don’t) so that they cook more evenly. Jacques Pepin does so that there is less waste in taking the ends off. It makes more of the stalk palatable, in his opinion.
We have grown asparagus in our garden in the past, and I found differences in the amount of wasted spear varied and depended on the age of the spear, the size, and even rainfall. 

• Useful 2
12 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly… wtf is she talking about?

so she peels her asparagus to get rid of something perfectly edible?  🤔

Those "triangle things" are called "scales" and can be removed with a knife, although peeling is also fine, especially for larger stalks.  60-second cooking school on Google!

• Useful 1
On 7/8/2021 at 4:27 PM, DonnaMae said:

That is crazy!  If he doesn't like onions, why does she put them on the salad?  

RIGHT!?!  I HATE raw onions of any kind and would be none to happy if they even touched my plate.  I can detect raw onions in anything and hate when I have gotten a burger or something like it and I bite down and get that onion taste.  Blech! 

Amy, if Chris says he is not a fan of onions, please refrain.

• Love 7
On 7/11/2021 at 5:02 AM, ginger90 said:

She said Chris discussed with her, the fact that the two of them spent a lot of time on the farm, and it meant something to him. 

And Amy gives not one F about Chris's feelings. She is having the "event" on "the farm" to shove it in Matt's face.

And Matt is thinking " good luck Chris. You can always come stay here at the farm (with your Harley and goldfish) when Mrs. Bossy Ballsy tells you to get out of HER house."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

And Amy gives not one F about Chris's feelings. She is having the "event" on "the farm" to shove it in Matt's face.

I mean, lets not act like Amy was twisting either Matt or Chris's arm on this. Matt is her ex and is in no way socially obligated to offer his property for her wedding and yet... Matt volunteered it up, And Chris was very clearly fine with it and spent some effort on camera talking Amy into it. 

If Matt didn't want to host the wedding, all he had to do was keep his mouth shut (and say no to TLC and their dollars). If Chris didn't want the wedding on the farm, all he had to do was agree with Amy saying no. 

After watching Chris actively convince Amy to do it, and snicker about being buddies with Matt, I'm not sure I have all that much sympathy if he's now not ok with the wedding on the farm. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The wedding was always going to be on the farm, IMO. It was like the House Hunters shows, nonsense.

If true - and I tend to agree - then why is Amy at fault for forcing Chris and Matt into something they didn't want? Why is she cited as "having the "event" on the farm to shove it in Matt's face"?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Of course Matt wants the wedding on the farm...and the TLC money...and the ratings...and for the show to succeed and continue...  That's Jackson's legacy!

Yes. The next generation of Roloff reality "stars." Zzzzzz. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, stoppro said:

is chris's house really 'sold' or maybe it is in escrow for when he runs from this trainwreck of a family and tv show. this whole thing is really stupid.

I know right!! Every time I see them together I think to myself, what middle age unmarried successful man see's Amy Roloff and decides "I'm tired of being a bachelor and this is who I want to spend the rest of my life with" 🙄

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I''d rather be in hell with my back broken than to marry in to this clown show. he is single has a good job why subject yourself to this crap.It's a shame to whore yourself out for a few dollars.Unless of course he runs out of there!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, stoppro said:

I''d rather be in hell with my back broken than to marry in to this clown show. he is single has a good job why subject yourself to this crap.It's a shame to whore yourself out for a few dollars.Unless of course he runs out of there!

What was so terrible about his life before that tying himself to Amy is an improvement?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
39 minutes ago, stoppro said:

. he is single has a good job why subject yourself to this crap

THAT is the million dollar question!

Well, maybe the answer isn't worth a million dollars but the truth always comes out (for free)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, stoppro said:

is chris's house really 'sold' or maybe it is in escrow for when he runs from this trainwreck of a family and tv show. this whole thing is really stupid.

I'm sure he sold since this is the hottest real estate market in decades and he can always buy another if he wants to.  "Sell high, buy low!"

• Love 3

I am really wondering what the deal is with the house Amy bought.  Is it hers alone and Chris will just be sharing it with her?  I am sure she bought that thing cash, no mortgage. Maybe he is paying the utilities?  I would think since they knew they were marrying they would have purchased a house together.  The whole thing is a weird set up

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

What was so terrible about his life before that tying himself to Amy is an improvement?  

My initial crazy conspiracy theory was that Chris was Lisa's brother (they look just alike) and he was being paid to play the boyfriend so Amy wouldn't look so alone and pitiful.  Then I thought maybe they were just friends or having a fling, but he agreed to "act serious" for the sake of the show's ratings or Amy's wounded ego.  Now it looks for all the world like they're going through with a real wedding, so I can only assume when the men spun Amy in the pool toy, it floated Chris's boat.  But it's "reality" TV, so who knows?  

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I am really wondering what the deal is with the house Amy bought.  Is it hers alone and Chris will just be sharing it with her?  I am sure she bought that thing cash, no mortgage. 

The house is in her name only.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I am really wondering what the deal is with the house Amy bought.  Is it hers alone and Chris will just be sharing it with her?  I am sure she bought that thing cash, no mortgage. Maybe he is paying the utilities?  I would think since they knew they were marrying they would have purchased a house together.  The whole thing is a weird set up

Last episode it was mentioned they are opening a joint checking account to pay bills so I think Chris will be a Chip In Charley to little Miss Bossy!

Nice work if you can get it!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

My initial crazy conspiracy theory was that Chris was Lisa's brother (they look just alike) and he was being paid to play the boyfriend so Amy wouldn't look so alone and pitiful.  Then I thought maybe they were just friends or having a fling, but he agreed to "act serious" for the sake of the show's ratings or Amy's wounded ego.  Now it looks for all the world like they're going through with a real wedding, so I can only assume when the men spun Amy in the pool toy, it floated Chris's boat.  But it's "reality" TV, so who knows?  

Call it what you will....there is DEFINITELY something suspicious and odd about the Chris/Amy relationship. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Call it what you will....there is DEFINITELY something suspicious and odd about the Chris/Amy relationship. 

I do agree!  Maybe it will be a fake minister and a fake marriage!  It is reality tv and everything is pretty much producer driven!

Thats about all I’ve got on this strange relationship!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Someone once told me that marrying for money is the hardest way to earn it. I'm not implying that Chris is marrying for money just that if it's for anything other than true desire, the cost can be very high. 

Unfortunately, I learned this the hard way. 

1 minute ago, Jeanne222 said:

I do agree!  Maybe it will be a fake minister and a fake marriage!  It is reality tv and everything is pretty much producer driven!

Thats about all I’ve got on this strange relationship!

In this week's episode (recap just posted), Amy points out that this is the last Valentine's Day before they're married...and puts air quotes around "married." 

Most peculiar!

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
Just now, all4mom2 said:

Amy points out that this is the last Valentine's Day before they're married...and puts air quotes around "married." 

This would be the same person who is constantly reviled for using grammar incorrectly, right?

I'm thinking she made a "foo pas" as Matt likes to say. 

Also, conspiracy theories are fun but much like the "Matt and Caryn are secretly married already" - there's utterly nothing to gain here by a "fake for the cameras" marriage. Particularly one so publically displayed. 

• Love 2

Bad spelling is one thing, but putting air quotes around the word "married" of all words, hmmm.....Amy is not known to use quotation marks willy nilly, so this makes it rather intriguing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Of course there's something to be gained.  RATINGS.  Is there anything else?

How does it increase ratings when the supposed charade ultimately will have to be lived by the participants?

They can't reveal the marriage is a charade. It'd also make TLC take a hit reputation wise... all for a not terribly interesting story line. 

I also dont think anyone involved is capable of keeping such a secret ;) Likewise on Matt and Caryn being secretly married with an added "if we need a wedding so bad we have to fake it, why not pay Matt for the wedding?"

15 minutes ago, Jenny8 said:

Bad spelling is one thing, but putting air quotes around the word "married" of all words, hmmm.....Amy is not known to use quotation marks willy nilly, so this makes it rather intriguing.

If she's not known to use air quotes then she obviously could be using them incorrectly.

I find it intriguing that Amy's suddenly such an expert on communicating. 

• LOL 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

In this week's episode (recap just posted), Amy points out that this is the last Valentine's Day before they're married...and puts air quotes around "married." 

Most peculiar!

Maybe she did that because they are already living together like they are a married couple.  

Edited by LucyEth
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I have to admit I felt a little sorry for Amy this episode.  Not only did Jackson blow by her like she was a total stranger, but Lila also burst into tears at the sight of her!  Then "my man" joking (?) around about not getting her a Valentine's Day card yet and being unable to take her out to dinner.  I notice Amy has to tell Chris not only that he can't just recite the vows, he has to add mushy stuff at the wedding, but also that he can't just sign his name to a card, but has to write something about how much she means to him.  She should just write it herself!

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

I have to admit I felt a little sorry for Amy this episode.  Not only did Jackson blow by her like she was a total stranger, but Lila also burst into tears at the sight of her!  Then "my man" joking (?) around about not getting her a Valentine's Day card yet and being unable to take her out to dinner.  I notice Amy has to tell Chris not only that he can't just recite the vows, he has to add mushy stuff at the wedding, but also that he can't just sign his name to a card, but has to write something about how much she means to him.  She should just write it herself!

Living up to her title “Little Miss Bossy!” 

why on earth would she want Chris to say something mushy if she had to tell him to do it?

it really isn’t coming from the heart if he doesn’t  do it on his own without coaching from bulldozer Amy 🙄

• Love 7

I also thought her "I'm surprised he hasn't done it already!" regarding Matt and remarriage was telling; that's exactly what she's been afraid of (him beating her to the altar), and why this has been the Wedding Express.

• Love 4