Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

Thursday’s live chat was mostly about food and holiday cooking.  Amy said “palable” instead of “palatable”.  This woman should not be cooking and producing cookbooks. Pretty sure she also massacred the name of the wine she was drinking.  She mentioned that Lilah’s first Bday was a brunch with only the grandparents.  Also, downsized soup night buddies did not like the corn she put in her homemade cornbread.  Wedding will be in 2021, she said she is not putting it off till 2022.  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

I think Randy is nice enough that he would design it even if it was not on the SYTTD.  I hope someone does help her pick out a fabulous dress. And also that she gets a complete hair and makeup overhaul. 

Jacob looks horrible and smelly. I kept wanting to read the titles of the books on the shelf. 

I agree that Randy would help however he could.  I think someone earlier mentioned that Amy could also get Jen Arnold's seamstress to help her with her wedding dress.  I don't remember her name, but she dresses Jen beautifully. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, readheaded said:

I agree that Randy would help however he could.  I think someone earlier mentioned that Amy could also get Jen Arnold's seamstress to help her with her wedding dress.  I don't remember her name, but she dresses Jen beautifully. 

Chloe Dao.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Me too, so I flipped the picture!

59BE5C27-F27B-4411-8A27-2037F8BA90CF.jpeg

EA5B6BE0-1F5F-4C13-B264-7E0D243038C7.jpeg

Wow. I never would've imagined Jacob reading books...lots of them. And those books appear to all be hardbacks which are not inexpensive. I googled some of the titles to find out what the books are about...all I can say is Jacob must be REALLY intelligent. Or maybe I'm just really dumb.

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Amy and Lisa, especially Lisa want Amy to be featured on the show SYTTD.  I think that was the idea. 

Please no!! Does Lisa get paid by Amy to promote her? SYTTD...episode will be called  "Amy Roloff's Little Wedding Dress". Wedding cake and food catered by Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen. 

I'll be watching the wedding! (If it happens) Lol.

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 6
21 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Wow. I never would've imagined Jacob reading books...lots of them. And those books appear to all be hardbacks which are not inexpensive. I googled some of the titles to find out what the books are about...all I can say is Jacob must be REALLY intelligent. Or maybe I'm just really dumb.

If you see hisTwitter, he's had more serious thoughts in the last day than Jeremy or Zach have had combined in the past 20 years.  I don't necessarily agree with all of his thoughts, but he follows what's going on in the world and thinks beyond himself.  He's the anti-Jeremy, lol.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

You're not dumb, but they fit a "type."  All or almost all of those were on Mr. Flan's bookshelves.

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I can't believe I sat through it...

I'm kind of surprised that she basically deep fries the chicken strips in a frying pan full of oil.

Nowadays everyone I know either oven fries with very little oil or air fries with a couple teaspoons of avocado oil.... they still turn out just as crispy and browned.. No need to float them in oil for 10 minutes.

She handles the raw chicken... picks it up and drops it and switches forks and drops the fork as she muddles along without washing her hands.

She has developed a terrible habit of repeating herself over and over and OVER again while trying to make small talk, yes we know your grandkids are coming for a visit and you're excited, we know because you told us 20 times... *thud*...  I kept wishing I could press a button and make her fall through the floor... Or a big hook would appear and pull her off the stage.

If she's serious about this she should go to a proper cooking school and then hire a professional team to film.... It would cost her a few dollars but sometimes you need to spend money to make money.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I'm kind of surprised that she basically deep fries the chicken strips in a frying pan full of oil.

I mean, I get that it's not healthy, but this is how my mom fries chicken.

22 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

If she's serious about this she should go to a proper cooking school and then hire a professional team to film.... It would cost her a few dollars but sometimes you need to spend money to make money.

I suspect that one Roloff trait Amy shares with the biological Roloffs is a certain stubbornness in conceding that their self taught skills may not actually be the best way to go about something. They all - from Matt, to Amy, to Jeremy, and Zach - seem to think any criticism is false or just jealousy. So she is never going to concede she might not be more than an average cook. 

The filming itself isn't awful. What she needs is a good editor to cut some of the rambling and repetitive chitchat. I don't think she has any real concept of what she intends for these videos. Is she really instructing people in cooking? Is that what she wants? Or does she really think  drinking wine with Lisa and gossiping is a career?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Not to be tacky . . . but is she sitting on a booster seat?  No shame . . . just curious.

I don't know that she's "shorter" when she's sitting because her torso's average sized; it's just her limbs that are shorter.

• Love 2
On 11/26/2020 at 5:01 PM, ginger90 said:

She ends the message with "Wave your hand" like Chris is too dumb to wave on his own and then instead of editing it out she leaves it in the video.

As far as Amy deep frying her chicken strips my mom also deep fries her chicken but unlike Amy she isn't trying to get her own cooking show.

I haven't seen Amy use any new utensils or cooking methods, no air frying or hot pots... I guess that's good because she cant pronounce any of the old utensils or cooking methods.

I follow a few different people online who make their own cooking videos like Amy but they're all very talented and I usually learn something, a few weeks ago one lady was using a "Danish Dough Whisk"  I'd never heard of it before but after her video I ordered one and I love it.. really nice for cookie batter etc.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I recently watched the stuffed mini peppers video, it is one of the worst.  She talked about all the other chefs she loves to follow and I really felt like commenting that she should pay attention to how they do things in a clean way.  She was chopping away for what seems like forever, on three slices of bacon, banging and clanking spoons on the side of bowls and scraping every last bit of what she is chopping off the palms of her hands and into the food.  What gets me is that people comment that she is a great cook and her videos are wonderful.  They must be nuts.  Also, today I saw Giada do almost the same stuffed pepper appetizer.  Hmmm!

Her “little” digital cookbook is available, every other word out of her mouth is little this and little that, waiting for her to describe Chris as little!

Edited by LucyEth
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

I never had a clue that I wanted a Danish whisk but I am not going to be able to sleep until I order one.

Ordered, doing curbside pickup at Lee Valley this afternoon.  Who says this site isn't educational? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Quof said:

Ordered, doing curbside pickup at Lee Valley this afternoon.  Who says this site isn't educational? 

I’m going to look for one to!

Amy’s not looking so rough lately. Could she be spending a few bucks on a moisturizer?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I bet this is just what your friends would want for a Christmas gift.  Not!

56E19DDB-7683-47CF-A0ED-25B636A0F7B1.jpeg

Isn't "autographed by me personally" kind of a redundant statement?  Who else would sign "her" autograph.  And "me" and "personally" . . . duh.

• LOL 9

Amazon has a lot of options, I went straight to Lee Valley which is the one shown in the video above, and I trust their quality.   They only had the 14" one in my local store, for $12 Cdn.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Quof said:

Amazon has a lot of options, I went straight to Lee Valley which is the one shown in the video above, and I trust their quality.   They only had the 14" one in my local store, for $12 Cdn.

Same here, bought the 14" from Lee Valley because I trust their quality.

On the Lee Valley site it says... The whisks are made with close-grained european beech wood handles and hardened stainless steel, apparently the design is important and it says the secret to it's effectiveness is that the hardened stainless steel loops of different diameters are in 3 separate planes, one behind the other...the design originated with the Danes long ago but now the whisk is made only in Poland.

I noticed that eBay has a bunch of them for $2 or $3 dollars from China with free shipping but they're probably junk that isn't made from the same stainless steel or European beech handle and some of them didn't have the same shape of loops either.

3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

What’s stuck in her tooth?  Sigh...

You'd think by now with her penchant for posting SUPER CLOSE-UPS of her mouth that she'd learn to brush her teeth before snapping pics but no....same old gummy smile with various food particles stuck in her yellow teeth.

Amy's habit of snacking during her live chats is the absolute worst... She regularly has food stuck in her teeth that she swishes away with a glass of red wine  😲

I used to wonder how Chris could stand kissing her but then I saw a pic of him with food stuck in his teeth as well.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

. . . same old gummy smile . . . 

I must confess - if I'm not careful, my smile can look gummy.  So you know what I did?  When I saw pictures of myself looking like that, I made a point of NOT doing a huge grin that showed my gums.  This change happened when I was in my 20s.

People CAN learn the best way to present themselves in photos.  If I were a "celebrity," I think I'd make the effort.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

OFGS  Amy!  You’re a tv star making lots of money. Your table looks awful!  Tin foil, no tablecloth or candles and no centerpiece.

I kind of gave her a pass with the Thanksgiving Spaghetti dinner on paper plates she served Zacks family.  She had just FINALLY moved in  But the woman took truckloads of crap.  Surely she could set a nice table!

Somebody  like Amy trying to be a breakout cook on tv could pull together something better than the mess I’m looking at!

She never fails to amaze me with her lack of social and entertaining skills being a tv STAR!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2