Type keyword(s) to search

Taylor Armstrong: She May Go Oklahoma on Your Ass

• Start Topic

(edited)

Oh, my gosh!  Taylor looks like she just caught on that she's about to be murdered!  It reminds me of a horror film like "The Shining" in which the woman suddenly catches on that the man she trusted has an enormous knife in his hand.  Did you say that this picture was taken at her wedding???   If Taylor can come up with expressions like that one, she could become Hollywood's latest replacement for Glenn Close!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Edited by Lura
  • Love 1

Oh, my gosh!  Taylor looks like she just caught on that she's about to be murdered!  It reminds me of a horror film like "The Shining" in which the woman suddenly catches on that the man she trusted has an enormous knife in his hand.  Did you say that this picture was taken at her wedding???   If Taylor can come up with expressions like that one, she could become Hollywood's latest replacement for Glenn Close!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

That still image reminds me of the singing fish on the wall - billy bass or something.

• Love 2

That photo is awful! And the comments.....LMAO! Yeah, one televised? wedding I won't be watching! This chick is a hot as mess. I feel for Kennedy. Poor kid never smiles or laughs. Or jokes like Porsha.  

• Love 1

I don't understand Taylor's husband, John.  If he is a financial consultant and/or a lawyer, one would assume he had a good head on his shoulders. Further, he must be a multi-millionaire, judging from his lifestyle.  Yet, he flew off to Colorado with Taylor on the night that he met her.  WHAT did he see in her that I don't see?  I've always thought of Taylor as the weird housewife,  the one who changes moods like the drop of a hat, and the least attractive of the bunch.

• Love 2

My personal take on John is that he's an alcoholic and he is attracted to Taylor for that reason. Watching them on that couples therapy show, they stayed sloshed the entire time they were there. And he's just as crazy as Taylor when it comes to getting drunk and yelling at people. I think his ex-wife is probably better off without him.

• Love 5

Cooksdelight, I must have missed something.  What couple's therapy show?  I think your reasoning is right on target.  It really does sound like they both have problems with alcohol, doesn't it?  Now I feel even sorrier for Kennedy.  First, she has the alcoholic gene in her system, and then she has the example of her mother and stepfather.  Once in a while, a child of alcoholic parents will grow into an adult who wants nothing to do with alcohol, but then there's the child who can't wait to emulate his elders. 

I was just thinking that I wish Eddie Ciprian would file to have sole custody of Brandi's kids, but there doesn't seem to be anyone else there for Kennedy except grandparents.  That's two HWs who are messing up their kids' lives with alcohol --- and one more (Kim) who may have done the same.  What a bunch!

(edited)

So there's a local women's shelter organization in my area that I donate to a couple of times a year, and I received notification of an event they're holding.

I'll be leaving shortly to get a new keyboard to replace the one I snorted coffee all over when I read this announcement from them:

For more than 30 years, the Marjaree Mason Center (MMC) has hosted the Top Ten Professional Women and Top Business Awards. These awards recognize ten professional women and an exceptional business that supports women in their career and personal achievements. This year, MMC announced that TV personality and philanthropist Taylor Armstrong will be the luncheon keynote speaker.

Taylor Armstrong, star of the hit Bravo reality show The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, will be sharing her personal battle with domestic violence and her triumph in becoming a survivor. The luncheon's emcees will be ABC30's Margot Kim and Christine Park.

Clearly they've never seen a damned thing this snotty booze-soaked bitch has appeared in, right?

Philanthropist?  Oh christ on a crutch...  

Maybe she'll regale the audience with her Russell the Ninja story, in which he appeared stealth-like from the bushes and assaulted 3 adults and threw the dog in the pool for good measure?  That mysterious event in which one of the victims was taken the hospital...Yet there is no police record of the event on file anywhere in the annals of crime?  The one where, despite a reportedly astronomical amount of medical bills, the people involved refused to press charges?  The one where neither of the other two people stepped forward to confirm this scenario?  The story where even Andy sat there at the reunion incredulously staring at her as the story unfolded?  

The only upside to this is that it's been averaging about 110 degrees every day here, so I'm hoping perhaps all of that plastic in her face and lips will begin to melt while she's visiting this godforsaken valley.  

http://mmcenter.org/index.php?c=44

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 5

Was Taylor's wedding taped for TV?  I was on Twitter last night, and it was filled with people tweeting to Taylor about her beautiful wedding and how beautiful she was.  Taylor was full of sappy comments like "This was the night that we became a family."  Yeah, right, I thought.  This was the night that you finally snagged him.

I think she was recently on one of the David Tutura shows, or something like it (see link at the top of this discussion). I remember seeing commercials for the show, with her going apeshit (or Oklahoma) and the host talking about what a nutcase she was. I've never watched the wedding shows with "celebrities" because they aren't nearly as enjoyable as watching someone from out of nowhere who really truly appreciates having someone throw her a nice wedding and reception.

I still can't get over the fact that she married someone named John Bluher, making her FRAU BLUHER [neigh!!!!!] Horseface and all.

(I just finished S4 of Couples Therapy). Also she apparently made a weird, drunken speech at her wedding (no!) where she talked about Russell and how he abused her and also plugged some weight loss company.

She is the worst. Hope all the wedding guests gave her pea green towels.

• Love 2

Moving a quote from another thread over here

"Lord God I could not stand Taylor! She made me sick to my stomach. I once put a post on TWoP that ended with 'I can smell her from here' and I still feel that way. When she's on the tv screen I want to take some Lysol and wipe her off it."

Looking back on Taylor (who I couldn't stand either) it occurs to me that she is nearly a perfect DV victim because her own personality was so off putting and untrustworthy. She came across as such a slimy, gold digging, user that when the abuse stuff started coming out it was really easy to give her the side-eye. She just had this vibe to her that made you think there was a .01% chance she would make it up for some reason. Even if you know better. Even if you've delt with DV before. She had such an isolating personality to begin with and always seemed to lack any ethics about getting what she wanted. And then Russel, as odd as he was, was a little more likable. Or at least not as aggressively needy. It was such a strange dynamic and I think it keep Taylor even more isolated.

None of this is to imply I think Talyor had it coming or was at fault for getting hit.

• Love 4

I have never seen someone get more pleasure out of being a victim than Taylor. She seemed to absolutely relish getting to talk about how she popped her jaw back into place at the Season 2 reunion. And don't even get me started on the evil glint in her eye when Andy suggested that Russell may have been murdered. I don't doubt that Russell was physically abusive, but I have always felt there was more than meets the eye with that situation, and I have never seen Taylor as a wilting flower who was scared to leave her husband (remember how Camille said Taylor would talk about needing to leave Russell and then, in the very next breath, boast about her plans to hop on a helicopter with him?). I think on some level she loved being able to cry her tears and she also loved to hold the abuse over Russell's head (remember the limo scene where they agreed he was now "a good boy?").

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 3

I have never seen someone get more pleasure out of being a victim than Taylor. She seemed to absolutely relish getting to talk about how she popped her jaw back into place at the Season 2 reunion. And don't even get me started on the evil glint in her eye when Andy suggested that Russell may have been murdered. I don't doubt that Russell was physically abusive, but I have always felt there was more than meets the eye with that situation, and I have never seen Taylor as a wilting flower who was scared to leave her husband (remember how Camille said Taylor would talk about needing to leave Russell and then, in the very next breath, boast about her plans to hop on a helicopter with him?). I think on some level she loved being able to cry her tears and she also loved to hold the abuse over Russell's head (remember the limo scene where they agreed he was now "a good boy?").

Yeah it's shit like that, especially her reaction to the idea Russel was murdered (God I had a second wondering if she murdered him from the creepy little smile), that make her much an easy victim to dismiss. Taylor was basically one of the least trust worthy people ever on reality TV, which is saying something. Can you imagine if she ever really wanted to get out? Who would she go to? What would she say? How could she ever explain her life without exposing herself as a greedy con artist who had been grifting the people she wanted help from? What did Russel know about her that her could expose? Did she have any money? I don't mean like she would be poor, I mean if Russle's house of cards fell because he was in jail would she be able to pull $20 out of the bank? She seemed so trapped by her own lies and deceptions I didn't see how she could ever really walk away.

I'm still not convinced she was abused.  I know I'm going straight to hell but I thought that story was very very convenient just as she seemed to be splitting up with Russell.  And then of course Russell died.  I remember with disgust the way she bubbled-up and oozed all over Lisa at that tea party.  'If you won't be my friend, at least don't be my enemy...'.  That was a season after she had pranced into Villa Blanca, and started basically making out with Kyle who was having a drink with Lisa, all the time looking over at Lisa in a very kind of triumphant way.  That was when Kyle accused Lisa of being 'jelly' about her relationship with Taylor.  I don't understand why either of these two adult women went along with Taylor's behaviour.  

I kept hoping someone was going to rip Taylor down the middle and flush her down the toilet but it never happened.  Of all the RH 'villains' across all the series, she's the one I hate the most.  She's a walking slick of slime.  And she always wants what other women have.  I'm sure she moved in on that poor sucker who just married her because he was married to someone else.  That's how she lives her life.  'You had it and now it's mine all mine!'. Clothes, shoes, bags,

jewelry, people.  It's only valuable to Taylor if it was valuable to someone else first.

Edited by quaintirene
  • Love 6

Yeah it's shit like that, especially her reaction to the idea Russel was murdered (God I had a second wondering if she murdered him from the creepy little smile), that make her much an easy victim to dismiss. Taylor was basically one of the least trust worthy people ever on reality TV, which is saying something. Can you imagine if she ever really wanted to get out? Who would she go to? What would she say? How could she ever explain her life without exposing herself as a greedy con artist who had been grifting the people she wanted help from? What did Russel know about her that her could expose? Did she have any money? I don't mean like she would be poor, I mean if Russle's house of cards fell because he was in jail would she be able to pull $20 out of the bank? She seemed so trapped by her own lies and deceptions I didn't see how she could ever really walk away.

I think the fact that it took so long for Taylor to walk away, and that she walked away to keep.reclaim her Housewives job, is more indicative of a character problem. I totally get that it is not as simple as walking away after the first incident of domestic violence, and the fact that Russell committed suicide also shows that there was a lot of volatility and crazy in that situation, but I think that the main reason that Taylor stayed in a toxic, violent and volatile marriage was "the come up."

It looked to me like Taylor had certain aspirations, and Russell was her best partner in working towards her goals, and if she had to get knocked around every now and again that was a price she was willing to pay. But the problem with Russell was not merely that he was abusive, rather he was a mediocre business man who had gotten to the end of the line as a player in high finance. That, coupled with Taylor having the Real Housewives gig, made it unacceptable that Russell was abusive.

A couple of caveats, I don't think that Taylor was lying about Russell being physically violent towards her but, as mentioned above, I do think that it was a toxic and volatile relationship and Taylor being Taylor contributed to the toxicity and volatility.

A second caveat is that while the violence was always there, that in the last months of the relationship, it became even more violent and volatile, which is typical of relationships that are coming to an end. So I tend to waffle when it comes to judging/condemning certain things that happened in the last few months of their marriage.

• Love 2

If one reads about Russell's history even cursorily, it's clear that it was dark, troubled, and included two prior allegations of consistent domestic violence (for which restraining orders were sought and obtained), as well as an admitted substance abuse problem. I thus have no difficulty believing that the Armstrong marriage was typified by explosiveness, anger, and aggression. I personally think it was potentially reciprocal, however. Taylor herself appeared to have an propensity for volatility and an unsettling relationship with alcohol. Lisa V also confirmed that Russell sent verbally abusive texts to his wife when the two women were in Vegas. However, imo, most of the climactic incidents Taylor outlined in her book and on the publicity tour - like the attempted drowning in the pool in front of witnesses who never materialized- were fabrications. The inconsistencies and revisions are thoroughly documented (she initially circulated the black-eye photo with the implication that Russell directly caused the injury, and flat-out said so on the series, then later said that he'd never bruised her visibly but had caused an orbital-floor blowout which required surgery; she filmed for three weeks and partied while supposedly in danger losing the eye; the broken jaw became a dislocated jaw became a jaw that had to be massaged back into place and precipitated no physical indicators, and the backdrop changed from home to a hotel room and from the bathroom to a bed). The narrative is, of course, more cinematic when it boasts horrific, visually descriptive assaults. What makes the whole affair more surreal and Mullholland Drive/David Lynchian is the the wife who took out the restraining order against Russell basically accused Taylor of driving him to his death and the other girlfriend was later arrested for putting out a hit on her husband.

• Love 4
(edited)

From the S05.E16: Amster-Damn! thread:

I'm still trying too figure out Kim's anger, or Brandi's, towards Eileen. I know Kim hasn't seen Vince for years, but is it possible that she is friendly with Vince's ex-wife? Are Kim and/or Brandi friends with the ex's friends or family? Remember how Taylor was all worked up at Yolanda? The angst was all in her head. Linda Thompson, David Foster's ex-wife, told Taylor on screen, she was fine with Yo after we, the viewers, watched Taylor create all this drama "defending" her friend Linda that season as her excuse for ripping on Yo. It appears to me that the hatred for Eileen could be from something similar to this behind the scenes. Vince's ex is an actress & a player in Hollywood.

I have a different recollection, Yolanda seemed more hostile towards Taylor throughout the season than than Taylor was towards Yolanda. I have varying theories on that ranging from Yolanda had been briefed on Taylor's unpopularity, Yolanda was the one who was worked up over Taylor being friends with David's ex, also Taylor got drunk and loud at Yolanda's dinner party, Yolanda's typical arbitrariness or some combination. In the beginning Taylor was friendly towards Yolanda, but as filming progressed it did seem like Taylor cooled towards Yolanda and I can believe that Taylor talked crap and word got back to Yolanda, but I think that it was rich when Yolanda got worked up over Taylor trash talking about her when she had done the same towards Taylor. Taylor did make a tearful confession to Linda in the finale about how she felt loyalty towards Linda and that affected her relationship with Yolanda, but to me that came off as much more Taylor being dramatic for the cameras and sucking up to Linda.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 3

I have a different recollection, Yolanda seemed more hostile towards Taylor throughout the season than than Taylor was towards Yolanda. I have varying theories on that ranging from Yolanda had been briefed on Taylor's unpopularity, Yolanda was the one who was worked up over Taylor being friends with David's ex, also Taylor got drunk and loud at Yolanda's dinner party, Yolanda's typical arbitrariness or some combination.

I apologize for my cloudy memory on this, but maybe someone here remembers it.  Was there an episode where Mohammed was throwing a party, but he said Russell wasn't invited?  I think Taylor was allowed to come, and she went without Russell.  If I'm not totally wrong, maybe there was bad blood before Yolanda even came on the show.

• Love 1

I apologize for my cloudy memory on this, but maybe someone here remembers it.  Was there an episode where Mohammed was throwing a party, but he said Russell wasn't invited?  I think Taylor was allowed to come, and she went without Russell.  If I'm not totally wrong, maybe there was bad blood before Yolanda even came on the show.

Yeah, Mohammed threw Pandora an engagement party. Taylor was invited but Russell had some sort of bad blood (we never got specifics, but if I recall correctly it had something to do with them being on opposite ends of a civil suit) with Mohammed, so she was asked to come without him.

I think Taylor's friendship with Linda Thompson probably meant she had a negative perception of Yolanda going in, most women don't usually speak favourably of their ex-husband's new wife. I get the feeling there was plenty going on between the two that didn't make the cameras and we were only shown the big blowup near the end.

• Love 3

Russell and Mohamed were both defendants in a lawsuit. http://starcasm.net/archives/83315

• Love 2

Yes that was season 2 when Mohammed threw an engagement party for Pandora featuring a camel and a mermaid.

I've never had a party thrown for me; but if I there ever is one, there'd better be CAMELS and MERMAIDS!  heh

• Love 2

I've never had a party thrown for me; but if I there ever is one, there'd better be CAMELS and MERMAIDS!  heh

Post from the near future: "Last night's White Party on Real Housewives of Monsanto featured genetically engineered mercamels."

• Love 3

Post from the near future: "Last night's White Party on Real Housewives of Monsanto featured genetically engineered mercamels."

NOW you're really pissing me off.  Fucking MONSANTO... and fucking unfiltered Camels, which my stepdad from hell chain smoked!  I am in the midst of a 60-f'ing-year old flashback, minus the LSD, but still with the hot flashes that Will Not Go Away, eh.  Go watch the Discovery channel mermaids shite and you win the trifecta of my wasted life.

Furthermore - White might enter my hovel, but guaran-fucking-teed it is leaving here tattle tale grey, eh!

Have I told you how much I lurve your screen name, and icon / avatar thingy?

Oh, and if I end up sitting in a suitcase drunk on my ass, it will be in a VINTAGE F'ING SAMSONITE, baby - 'cause that's how I rock & roll.  :-) 

# thin upper lip

• Love 2

I miss Taylor's special brand of psycho crazy. I doubt she'd bring it like she did back then if brought back full time for a new season, but seeing her new life with new hubby could be interesting.

• Love 1

I miss Taylor's special brand of psycho crazy. I doubt she'd bring it like she did back then if brought back full time for a new season, but seeing her new life with new hubby could be interesting.

Better than watching either Brandi or Kim IMO. LOL

• Love 1

Taylor was pretty rude and drunk on Couples Therapy. Not sure I can handle another drunk woman on this show.

• Love 3

Just watched the Where They Are Now special on OWN. I've definitely had my share of snark reserved for Taylor over the years but I have nothing. I hope she and John do stay together and provide Kennedy with an example of a "good" relationship.

It would have been interesting to see Taylor on Season 4. Where would she have fallen on the Lisa divide? She was fake besties with "Lis" when she left the show, but she has also been very loyal to Kyle. I wonder how it would have changed the group dynamic.

I never liked watching Taylor. I hated her brand of drama, which was usually drunk drama. Plus, she was totally self-righteous, hypocritical and mean-spirited. It is shocking to me that she still tries to spin this narrative that she was a timid woman who had trouble speaking up for herself. She was the biggest shit-stirrer on the show during her tenure.

• Love 5
(edited)

From inquisitr.com

Taylor Armstrong Defends Kyle Richards Against ‘RHOBH’ Brandi Glanville, Richards Confirms Friendship

-snip-

Earlier this week on Twitter, after getting word of Brandi Glanville’s hateful comments against her former co-star, Richards, as well as Lisa Vanderpump, whom she also starred alongside, Taylor Armstrong spoke out, slamming the mother of two for calling the women “c—s” and insinuating they lied about her alleged Bravo firing.

Taylor Armstrong✔@TaylorArmstrong

@BrandiGlanville STOP LYING about my friends @LisaVanderpump & @KyleRichards - YOU know YOUR LIES are how YOU got YOURSELF fired! #ENOUGH!!

4:48 PM - 1 Jul 2015

Right away, Vanderpump agreed with Taylor Armstrong’s tweet, telling fans, “Yes I concur.” But unfortunately, not everyone was kind to Armstrong in regard to the tweet, and one woman claimed Vanderpump and Richards weren’t really her friends. Thankfully, Richards spoke up quickly, insisting she and Armstrong still have a close relationship.   

01 Jul

B @housewifethots

@TaylorArmstrong Lisa is not your friend, neither is Kyle. Don't be foolish

Kyle Richards✔@KyleRichards

@housewifethots @TaylorArmstrong yes , I am.

8:34 PM - 1 Jul 2015

-snip-

This isn’t the first time Taylor Armstrong and Brandi Glanville have been at odds. In late 2013, after seeing Glanville make shocking allegations against Joanna Krupa, Armstrong spoke to TMZ, slamming her former reality star for her trashy behavior.

“It never surprises me because Brandi can’t keep her f—ing trashy mouth shut. Who talks about another woman’s v—–? It’s so gross and so classless and it’s pretty consistent with how she is. You don’t talk about another woman like that, and what business of it is hers who Yolanda’s husband was sleeping with? That is so gross to me.”

Taylor Armstrong added, “You want to know why Real Housewives of Beverly Hills will never be the same? Brandi Glanville…I think if Brandi was nonexistent, all together it would be a better show.”

As the Inquisitr previously reported, Glanville will now be featured in a part-time role on the show, and if Vanderpump has it her way, she’ll be replaced by either Taylor Armstrong or Camille Grammer.

-snip-

Edited by quinn
  • Love 1
(edited)

Thanks Quinn-Gee Taylor tell us how you really feel. The show was better before Brandi  came on with all her nonsense  Neurotic and snobby is far more entertaining than slutty, rude, lying, gross hot tempered Brandi,

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

Tsk, tsk!  I'm learning so much about high class and low class from, of all people, Taylor Armstrong.  Dating another woman's husband isn't low class?  Living with two children's father when he's still married to their mother isn't low class?  Capitalizing on your former husband's suicide by writing a book is high class?  Screaming at the top of your lungs in a restaurant isn't low class?   The Emily Post of Oklahoma surprises me!

• Love 11

This post is not intended as a laugh at Taylor's looks.  It's an honest question.  Am I right or wrong that Taylor underwent rhinoplasty.  Yet, I saw a recent photo of her online, and she looked the same as she always had.  As a matter of fact, there were two photos, and both looked the same.  I thought maybe I had heard wrong.

(edited)

Not sure how credible this is:

From realmrhousewife.com

Taylor Armstrong RHOBH Return Exclusive

By Matt Richards on July 6, 2015

-snip-

Now, we can exclusively confirm that old cast member Taylor Armstrong is returning!

“Taylor is back,” an insider close to production told us.

Not only is she back but the source dishes that “She will return as a full time cast member!”

-snip-

Full article: http://realmrhousewife.com/2015/07/06/taylor-armstrong-rhobh-return-exclusive/

Edited by quinn