Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Cupid's Crossbow

On Valentine’s Day, the mood is anything but romantic as Jessica competes with Louis to see who can give Evan the best advice on how to celebrate with new girlfriend, Sicily. Eddie asks Honey for help to find out who his secret admirer is after he’s passed a love note on a Cattleman’s delivery run.

Original air date: 2/15/19

6 hours ago, possibilities said:

Does Trent realize his sister is the one who left Eddie the note? I couldn't decide if he was covering for her, or if he really didn't know.

That part confused me. My dad figured it out it was Trent's sister all the time, even before Eddie and Honey tried searching who wrote that letter.

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Love 1

Louis dressing up as the frog was adorable. hehe loved the spiderman kid dangling from the walls too!

I liked that they remembered Emery is the popular kid and gave him a date for all three meals of the day.

Jessica was awful but I expected Jessica to be awful this week according to the pattern so I just went with it. I wish they didn't make her so cringe worthy though. She's doing things that are beyond the realm of reality (dressing up as a gunman?? seriously!!!). If you must have her be awful, at least write a realistic awful scenario!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

Louis dressing up as the frog was adorable. hehe loved the spiderman kid dangling from the walls too!

I liked that they remembered Emery is the popular kid and gave him a date for all three meals of the day.

Jessica was awful but I expected Jessica to be awful this week according to the pattern so I just went with it. I wish they didn't make her so cringe worthy though. She's doing things that are beyond the realm of reality (dressing up as a gunman?? seriously!!!). If you must have her be awful, at least write a realistic awful scenario!

I don't know why the writers go this route at all. It was fine when she is taken down a notch, but when she is this woman from Hell, it goes overboard.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Oh look Jessica being ridiculously awful! 

Big surprise, right?

Doesn't anyone know how to write comedy for a strong caring mother?  Among Jessica, Bev on The Goldbergs, and Maya on Speechless, I sometimes think the writers on the various shows are vying for "most cringeworthy of the week."  They all have their moments, but those moments are small and rare.

• Love 4

Trent is awesome. I really wish we got more of Eddie's friends. Eddie has become my favourite by far. And I miss Marvin. Is the actor doing other things right now?

Still really don't like Jessica (competing against Louis over one shared bit of attention with Evan?) and frankly, Evan is annoying too. 

Loved the random flashback to Mitch and Nancy, lol. I liked them though, sad to see they're truly gone.

• Love 7

It is kind of weird that Honey is hanging out with Eddie all day like this, though, isn't it? It just struck me as creepy. It's like sometimes they make her into a child and other times they want her to be an adult, but mostly I think they just have a really hard time writing for adult women.

• Love 1

Trent is so great, I just love him. 

So they actually wrote Jessica as funny and likable in a real way last week, so she has to go back to being a crazed garbage person who learns the same lessons over and over this week. Oh joy. 

I liked the Eddie and Honey team up, they're scenes worked surprisingly well. AND we found out what happened to Mitch and Nancy! Random, but hilarious. Poor Louis though.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, possibilities said:

It is kind of weird that Honey is hanging out with Eddie all day like this, though, isn't it? It just struck me as creepy. It's like sometimes they make her into a child and other times they want her to be an adult, but mostly I think they just have a really hard time writing for adult women.

This wasn't weird to me. She's his mother's best friend and has been for years. They have an almost familial relationship. I could see my mom's best friend spending the day with me for lots of non-creepy reasons. Add in the sitcom factor and these hijinx did not strike me as super out of line. I didn't think they were writing/treating Honey like a child.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Oh look Jessica being ridiculously awful! 

I liked the Jessica character at first.  I actually don't think they've changed her much, I just think she's getting tiresome.  When she ruined Evan's date and wouldn't let Louis have the smallest of moments with him, that's probably the least I've ever liked her.

8 hours ago, zoey1996 said:

Doesn't anyone know how to write comedy for a strong caring mother?  Among Jessica, Bev on The Goldbergs, and Maya on Speechless, I sometimes think the writers on the various shows are vying for "most cringeworthy of the week." 

I've never seen Speechless, but I think Beverley's "smother" character is interesting.

5 hours ago, possibilities said:

It is kind of weird that Honey is hanging out with Eddie all day like this, though, isn't it? 

That thought went through my mind as well.  I don't think it's actually creepy, but with the times we live in, we're conditioned to think that it's creepy.  If that makes any sense.  Just think what people would say if the genders had been reversed!

At first I thought Honey wrote the note.  When it was apparent it wasn't her, there wasn't really anybody left but Trent's sisters.

• Love 2

Jessica isn't the best at everything; e.g. making wontons, which is why her making lousy ones last week really doesn't fit with her character.

How did Trent put in an 8-hour work day before dinner on a school day? Did he (and maybe Eddie: don't know when he started driving around with Honey) cut school for Valentine's Day?

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
2 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

How did Trent put in an 8-hour work day before dinner on a school day? Did he (and maybe Eddie: don't know when he started driving around with Honey) cut school for Valentine's Day?

This made me curious. What year is the show suppose to be now? Valentine's Day is Saturday in 1998 and Sunday in 1999.

On 2/16/2019 at 12:36 PM, CrazyDog said:

Loved the random flashback to Mitch and Nancy, lol. I liked them though, sad to see they're truly gone.

yes, finally we know where they went. I much preferred them to the manager who came in during that stupid arc where Kenny Rogers bought the restaurant.

• Love 4