Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

Reality police

S06.E12: Outrage

Recommended Posts

While chasing a heroin supplier, CPD crosses paths with a convicted criminal recently released on a technicality. Halstead's history with the man threatens the team's ability to put him back in prison.

Share this post


Link to post

Once again I am screaming at the tv about another cop that has personal connection being in on the bust, confrontation, or questioning of a suspect. Halsted should have been benched as soon as the guy recognized him.  But then we couldn't have had the possible murder suspect drama. 

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post

Meh. There's a lot of problems with this show but I still enjoy it. I like the characters, the story lines are my issue. 

I know I'm alone but I'm here for some Jay and Hailey.

  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post

I am assuming that Hank was wearing a wire and knew the cop would kill himself otherwise he never should have left him alone if he had no evidence to exonerate Jay. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, Beatrice said:

Meh. There's a lot of problems with this show but I still enjoy it. I like the characters, the story lines are my issue. 

I know I'm alone but I'm here for some Jay and Hailey.

Prefer Upton with Ruzek, honestly don’t care for Upton . Want her to stay away from Jay in the romantic sense . 

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post

These people are to stupid to live.  Ruzek, Antonio and Voight are already in trouble with the corrupt idiot "who crossed the line" and Jay gives the guy more ammunition against the Intelligence Unit (the irony of that name).  If any of the rest of Voight's old friends/partners are still alive, they better get the hell out of Dodge.  Because when Voight drops by, it always ends badly for someone else.

Run, Atwater, Run.  Take Trudy with you.  Go find Finch and Munch ASAP.

  • Love 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Just when I think the show can’t fall any lower it appears they actually are going for a Ruzek, Upton, Halstead triangle.

Like wow. 

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

Just when I think the show can’t fall any lower it appears they actually are going for a Ruzek, Upton, Halstead triangle.

Like wow. 

It appears so doesn't it. It's what I expect from a show that comes on at midday, not 10pm at night.

Congratulations Rick Eid, you have destroyed this show in a little over one season.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

It’s just turned into Greys - especially since once Ruzek gets dropped he’ll no doubt slink back to Burzek and it wouldn’t shock me at this point if by then Antonio or Atwater were in love with her too just to make it more ~dramatic.

Such a mess.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

Quote

I know I'm alone but I'm here for some Jay and Hailey.

So glad the internet as a whole never represents the entire audience.  I actually like Upton paired with both Ruzek and Halstead.  And I don't care who knows it.   Ruzek was always MUCH more into Upton than vice versa.

For my money, Upton comes across as one of the most likable.  The mistakes she's made come across as some of the least reprehensible, which fits, since she's the only one in the unit that didn't come up with/or be groomed by Voight.

I think the last two years have been a real shot in the arm for the show.

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/25/2019 at 3:27 PM, Guildford said:

It appears so doesn't it. It's what I expect from a show that comes on at midday, not 10pm at night.

Congratulations Rick Eid, you have destroyed this show in a little over one season.

Rick destroyed it the moment he was announced showrunner. He is the worst. He has made most of the characters unlikable

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

What an amazing twist.

They tried to make you think the cop killed the criminal drug lord. The amazing twist?

It was really the retired cop.

These writers are so talented. How do they come up with this stuff!!!!

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/24/2019 at 3:19 PM, langford peel said:

Another episode...another cop kills suspect.

Even if it was totally justified he would ride a desk for the rest of his career and rightfully so.

Did Halstead dodge the bullet of "failing to render aid"?

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/26/2019 at 4:37 PM, Advance35 said:

I think the last two years have been a real shot in the arm for the show.

A sedative?  A lethal injection?  ;-)  

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post

On 1/24/2019 at 11:54 AM, preeya said:

The "new" superintendent is abominable. I hope he goes out quickly as I can't stand to look at his face.

John C McGinley is an awesome actor but the character sucks so bad. How did they manage that. At least make him call Ruzek newbie or Voight Susan or something.

Also why the drama about Halstead killing the guy? He was shot right. Wouldn't they be able to figure out pretty quickly that he wasn't shot by Jay's gun?

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

John C McGinley is an awesome actor but the character sucks so bad. How did they manage that. At least make him call Ruzek newbie or Voight Susan or something.

Also why the drama about Halstead killing the guy? He was shot right. Wouldn't they be able to figure out pretty quickly that he wasn't shot by Jay's gun?

Because EId is in charge, so that's why all the characters suck tbh.

If they'd been competent they would have but then you don't get an hour of angsty drama where yet another IU member needs saving from his own stupidity storyline.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

I have always loved Halstead, but for the past couple seasons - from about the time Lindsay left - he's just been so depressed all the time. I know he's had a lot happen, but it gets a bit tiresome to watch, with nothing changing and nobody even mentioning it. At least it's not as bad as on Med - every time Jay shows up there, he seems angry and downright unlikable. 

And, of course, now that Antonio is clean, we no longer see or hear a single thing about his chronic pain - you know, the pain that made him seek pills in the first place.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

This show is now Days of our lives Chicago PD edition.  So they're going to give us a messy love triangle, for what purpose?! At this rate Kim and Kevin will be expressing their undying love for each other, because they always knew they were each other's one true love.  Jay needs a vacation, and by a vacation I mean suspension. This fool routinely disregards Voight's orders, and never faces the repercussions of his actions. For once the writers can join us here on earth where insubordination is punishable.   It seems that the only members of the Intelligence Unit with any type of intelligence are Kevin, Haley and sometimes Antonio. 

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/4/2019 at 9:07 AM, SnarkySheep said:

I have always loved Halstead, but for the past couple seasons - from about the time Lindsay left - he's just been so depressed all the time. I know he's had a lot happen, but it gets a bit tiresome to watch, with nothing changing and nobody even mentioning it. At least it's not as bad as on Med - every time Jay shows up there, he seems angry and downright unlikable. 

And, of course, now that Antonio is clean, we no longer see or hear a single thing about his chronic pain - you know, the pain that made him seek pills in the first place.

I figured Antonio had healed up pretty well and was just lying about his pain to get more meds. 

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/14/2019 at 2:35 PM, Gothish520 said:

I figured Antonio had healed up pretty well and was just lying about his pain to get more meds. 

Unfortunately, that kind of injury doesn't usually just go away, especially not in a physical job where he would constantly be having to use it, as the police do. 

Share this post


Link to post

On 1/25/2019 at 8:23 AM, tvfanatic13 said:

I am assuming that Hank was wearing a wire and knew the cop would kill himself otherwise he never should have left him alone if he had no evidence to exonerate Jay. 

I don't know about the wire but they way they left off Hank knew the guy was going to kill himself and seemed to understand that was his preferred and probably only option and respected it. Cops in prison don't have a good time.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size