Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Make This Right

mxc90
  • Start Topic

The firehouse is called to a motorcycle crash, but Casey and Severide sense that the details don't add up and work to determine exactly what transpired. A rift develops between Mouch and Otis. Brett, Foster and Kidd work to secretly fix a dent in the ambulance bumper they believe they unknowingly caused.

(edited)

Shouldn't the call for the motorcycle crash go to Rescue instead of Truck 81?

Wouldn't Chaffee's dash cam show what happened at the accident? Is there someone at PD responsible for reviewing the footage every day?

If Casey didn't find the GoPro he should have contacted Naomi so they could launch an investigation into Yamaha or Honda motorcycles and take down those corporations.

It's about time Mouch fired back. He should have never allowed the nickname "Mouch" to be stuck to him.

If Mouch can't remember the same advice Trudy tells him every year, maybe he should retire.

Nothing gets by Chief Boden in his house but he didn't notice the girls spending most of the shift trying to fix the dent.

I'm sure the dopey kid's parent will find a way to sue.

All the doctor said was he wasn't going to give up easy. Was that a cause to be frightened?

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

All the doctor said was he wasn't going to give up easy

It was the creepy way he said it. On top of showing up unexpectedly and uninvited.

Edited by Kleav
  • Love 2
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Kleav said:

It was the creepy way he said it.

I guess. This show went straight to a stalker story line quick.  

He didn't need a knife or pull out the duct tape. That creepy music was on cue.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Shouldn't the call for the motorcycle crash go to Rescue instead of Truck 81?

Wouldn't Chaffee's dash cam show what happened at the accident? Is there someone responsible for reviewing the footage every day?

If Casey didn't find the GoPro he should have contacted Naomi so they could launch an investigation into Yamaha or Honda motorcycles and take down those corporations.

It's about time Mouch fired back. He should have never allowed the nickname "Mouch" to be stuck to him.

If Mouch can't remember the same advice Trudy tells him every year, maybe he should retire.

Nothing gets by Chief Boden in his house but he didn't notice the girls spending most of the shift trying to fix the dent.

I'm sure the dopey kid's parent will find a way to sue.

All the doctor said was he wasn't going to give up easy. Was that a cause to be frightened?

Yes, yes, yes!

• Love 2

Does anyone else find it amusing that according to Fire the only competent cops in Chicago are in the Intelligence Unit and then you flick over to PD and they are dirty, murderers, or druggie's who are constantly in a desperate battle to keep their jobs? Just me?

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Guildford said:

Does anyone else find it amusing that according to Fire the only competent cops in Chicago are in the Intelligence Unit and then you flick over to PD and they are dirty, murderers, or druggie's who are constantly in a desperate battle to keep their jobs? Just me?

Me too. I found it odd that the crash investigation was handled by Intelligence and particularly, Druggie Antonio.

• Love 5

No kidding. I still don't understand what happened. So, Stella wasn't actually responsible for the dent? Then why did she think she was? 

Does anyone else find it amusing that according to Fire the only competent cops in Chicago are in the Intelligence Unit and then you flick over to PD and they are dirty, murderers, or druggie's who are constantly in a desperate battle to keep their jobs? Just me?

Not just you. It's a wonder the real Chicago police and fire departments haven't sued this show for libel by now the way they're portrayed. And every week there's some wrong-headed cop going after someone at Station 51 like they're all morons with a vendetta against this place, so how is Chicago PD even a viable show?

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, MaryHedwig said:

And he didn't notice the dent in the first place?

To be fair to the "all knowing" Boden, did the other EMT say he filed paper work for the dent?

2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

No kidding. I still don't understand what happened. So, Stella wasn't actually responsible for the dent? Then why did she think she was?

Maybe Stella knew she didn't hit the ambulance and made up a story to bond with the other women as a distraction to get Kelly off her mind. Last week, it was the dog. Maybe the next episode they will go to Walmart on a food run. 

If Stella really believes she hit something.....have we seen the dog this episode? 

2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

It seemed like he followed her, that is the scary part.

That said, she should have told him from the start that she wasn't into having a serious relationship before they went out.

She should have politely told him to go "bleep" himself. And remind him that if anything happens to her, there are a bunch of firefighters that will pay him a visit. 

I don't watch Chicago Med, is he on that show?

2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Brian is such a smug bastard.

He is. His rant to Ritter was obnoxious.

Also, I'm grateful Antonio and Matt got through a conversation without bringing up the "G" name.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 5

Dick Wolf hates the police so he never misses a chance to portray them as courrpt or evil. Now they cause accidents because you can’t have an accident without it being the cops fault.

His shows are made for people who hate the police or basically any authority figure like this doctor who is now going to be portrayed as a dangerous stalker.

Of course he doesn’t even watch his own shows or he would know that Antonio's current storyline is that he is covering up his own bad behavior where he killed a suspect while under the influence of illegal drugs. It’s the same idiocy where Hank Voight went from crazed dirty cop who went to prison on Fire to star of the show on Chicago PD.

With Dick Wolf shows you don’t just suspend disbelief you suspend reality and the laws of time and space.

Edited by langford peel

So it appears they're giving Foster the "horny teenager in a horror movie" treatment: punishing her for having indiscriminate sex. I guess there's a lesson to be learned from having casual one-night stands but to my way of thinking it would have made more sense for her new stalker to be the woman Stella and Sylvie saw outside her apartment building rather than this doctor who was presented to us as well-respected at Chicago Med. If he's really that obsessive it's hard to believe he made it that far in his career. 

• Love 2

Didn't care for the Otis and Mouch plot but I admit, maybe Otis needs to quit joking too much, I think. 

I think Stella fibbed about making that dent to hang with Foster and Sylvia. That's the only thing I can think of. 

That doctor is a stalker already. 

Guess that cop didn't have dash cam in his car but should have admitted it right away. 

8 hours ago, preeya said:

Me too. I found it odd that the crash investigation was handled by Intelligence and particularly, Druggie Antonio.

Seriously fuck off Antonio, you murdered a guy in police custody while you were high. Stop acting so high and mighty over a patrol cop.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Waterston Fan said:

Didn't care for the Otis and Mouch plot but I admit, maybe Otis needs to quit joking too much, I think.

Mouch has been around the block a few times in his career. I think it would have been more believable if he hadn't lost it on Otis right off the bat, but for the rest of the episode just pranked the everliving shit out of him 'til he cried Uncle. Let's just say that firefighters know how to play with water and how to jury-rig things as needed. Shaving cream in turnout boots is always a perennial favorite (or slush if it's hardcore). Relocate his locker to the roof. Put a pair of over-sized women's panties over the legs of his bunker pants (which sit beside the rig, over boots, waiting for a call). When he pulls them up...bingo. Extra points if he doesn't notice and gets on the rig. Then of course, there's shoe polish. So versatile. And flour. Ahh, the classics!

• Love 4

It was nice to see the girls hanging together- we haven't seen much of that.  Even if the set up was kind of dumb - if the previous shift caused the dent wouldn't it be in the notes somewhere?  The guy coming in said he filled out a report - do Brett and Foster not do a check of the ambo before they start their shift?  Still, nice to get some female bonding.  Not sure I'm looking forward to the new girl's initiation into the Firehouse 51 curse of crazy stalkers and perils from outside the performance of duties.

I think Mouch was just in a bad mood and Otis went a little too far - Mouch tried to do something nice and all he was getting was grief.  He can normally take the teasing, but even the most laid back people sometimes get pushed to their limits and snap.  I'm just glad they didn't try and overcomplicate the story and have it turn out Mouch was in a bad mood because he and Trudy were fighting or something stupid.  Otis does need to learn to back off sometimes, as a viewer I find him irritating sometimes and want to reach threw the screen and tell him to shut up.  I did appreciate Ritter trying to patch things up and wearing an ugly sweater - he seems like a sweet kid.

Knowing anything about Chicago PD does sort of ruin the scene with confronting the cop with the video.  I couldn't stand that show and Voight, so it's okay if you just ignore the show and just pretend Antonio is just Gabby's cop brother and ignore all the awful things "good" cops on that show have done.  And of course, Antonio and Casey get to confront the driver cop, Casey can't just hand over the video and let CPD internal affairs handle it.

• Love 1

Just as a side note, age is considered a protected class under EEO guidelines, and Otis's continued needling of Mouch could be considered harassment, if Mouch ever decided to make a complaint.  That is, if Boden would actually manage his station.

I called the cop responsible for the accident as soon as Casey and Severide "interviewed" him about the accident.  Of course the police impound yard let them rummage around the wreckage of a potentially unsolved crime. And fiddle with evidence when they eventually found it out on the avenue. 

Do these guys have any life at all that they hang out at Molly's every single night off?

• Love 3

Just as a side note, age is considered a protected class under EEO guidelines, and Otis's continued needling of Mouch could be considered harassment, if Mouch ever decided to make a complaint.  That is, if Boden would actually manage his station.

Mouch is the union rep so Boden doesn't even need to get involved. 

Do these guys have any life at all that they hang out at Molly's every single night off?

What's weird is that you hear them say "I will see you at Molly's tonight" when they are on shift, but don't they work 24 hour shifts like most fire fighters? Do they mean tomorrow night or are they always saying that in the early morning when they're getting off shift?

16 hours ago, iMonrey said:

What's weird is that you hear them say "I will see you at Molly's tonight" when they are on shift, but don't they work 24 hour shifts like most fire fighters? Do they mean tomorrow night or are they always saying that in the early morning when they're getting off shift?

Have they ever explained whi works at Mollys the nights they are on shift? Because all the people who are Mollys owners or employees work on the same shift.  

On 1/24/2019 at 3:06 PM, mxc90 said:

•  

That guy isn’t on Chicago Med. In fact, if I remember correctly, from the episode where he was introduced, he is actually a doctor at Lake Shore (the other Chicago hospital they sometimes go to on this show). 

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 10:14 AM, icemiser69 said:

That said, she should have told him from the start that she wasn't into having a serious relationship before they went out.

I doubt that would have made any difference.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:06 PM, mxc90 said:

To be fair to the "all knowing" Boden, did the other EMT say he filed paper work for the dent?

Boden must have known and should have told the women when they came in.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 1:02 PM, langford peel said:

A good looking rich respected doctor has to resort to stalking a paramedic who really isn’t all that?

Funny, I didn't find him good looking, but I think she's gorgeous!

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:07 AM, MaryHedwig said:

I feel sorry for Hermann's neglected kids.

And his nice, long-suffering wife whom I don't think we've seen for a while.

• Love 1

Funny, I didn't find him good looking, but I think she's gorgeous!

He's decent enough looking that most women would find him a catch considering he's a doctor. He's also highly thought of among his peers, which is why that nurse reported Foster to her boss in the first place. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, iMonrey said:

He's decent enough looking that most women would find him a catch considering he's a doctor. He's also highly thought of among his peers, which is why that nurse reported Foster to her boss in the first place. 

That’s the point. He is popular enough with the nurses that they tried do protect his reputation which is often not the case with nurses and doctors. They often have an adversarial relationship. This indicates that he is not an asshole and that he is well liked. 

He is a rich doctor who probably has his pick in the daring pool. I bet if he went on Tinder he would have more dates than he could handle. Why would he want to date a paramedic who has already shown to be a nasty piece of work?

its another stretch to have the right demographic for a Dick Wolf villain.

On 1/24/2019 at 6:02 PM, Waterston Fan said:

This. While I can agree with Otis in saying they have to laugh and joke in order to stay sane in their work, he ought to know the difference between laughing WITH vs AT someone. Anything can be funny once or twice; after that, it's bullying/harassment. 

• Love 1
On 1/24/2019 at 3:09 AM, mxc90 said:

On 1/24/2019 at 4:20 PM, MaryHedwig said:

And he didn't notice the dent in the first place?

The other ambulance driver did say he'd filed the paperwork. 

Personally I think that Boden knew about the dent, knew that the women were fixing it for some reason, but just saw no reason to interfere as long as it wasn't affecting their other duties. 

• Love 2