Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: 'Til Mud Do Us Part

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, Marsh said:

I think her point is that she doesn't want to pay half the bills starting on day 1 of marriage.  Even before kids.  Which doesn't seem fair. When there are kids yes it's understandable if one person is more of a provider.

I don't understand why it's that much of an issue if couples don't split their expenses right down the middle, especially if they are married.  Do today's young women pay exactly half of every date they have?  I didn't think the protocol had changed all that much since I was young, and this  and this  article (and many more) seem to confirm that.  What people say they are for and what they actually do seem to be two different things.  Also, once couples are married who pays for what is actually more of a moot question as they are a financial unit legally anyway (more or less so depending on the state), which they often find out in divorce court when jointly owned property is split 50-50 regardless of who paid more toward buying it.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 3

Jasmine and Will!  Honestly I think Will is in shock.  Instead upon meeting Jasmine goes right to HER wants and needs.  I'm Jasmine and I want you to pay all the bills and I'm going to birth three children!

Will was still in the Hello my name's Will!

Jasmine started offense and Wills been playing defense ever since!I

Does he like her?  I don't think so.  Will be like her?  Maybe if she backs off a bit and shows a softer side!

• Love 7
(edited)

Jasmine thinks she is playful but she is confrontational.

Will is fearful of heights so she calls him 'fraidy cat...

Ricky Bobby held Danielle's hand because they both were fearful of heights climbing down into the cenote....his knees were knocking as hard as Danielle's...but holding hands made it doable...together.

Jas missed an opportunity to be accepting and compassionate of Will's fear by offering to hold his hand across the suspension bridge.

Jas is used to sussing out partners by putting them through the fire..

She will want to change her tactic and find out what about Will makes him a great match for her...the audience knows little about Will except he graduated for Lincoln, works in finance and hates heights...

When Will gives her teasing back, all things went to hell and he gets the blame for her bad driving...

Their honeymoon could have gone better....but didn't.

First Two in the Friend Zone....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 9

Thinking about Jasmine and Kristine both wanting husbands who make more than them and can be the primary provider ... good luck with that, ladies. None of the men on this show have been super high earners or what I'd call well off. Ryan from last season with his rentals and 2+ jobs would probably be termed a "good provider," and Bobby owns his house, but several of the men have been lightly employed at best.

Civil engineering should be a fairly well compensated white collar job but Jake doesn't mention it much and I wouldn't be shocked if he isn't even working in his field at the moment. Plus he's the one who stupidly bought a car he couldn't afford. (What level of douche car it is would tell us a lot so I'm hoping we see it at some point. My guess is a Tesla.)

The couples' financial discussions are always a highlight for me and will hopefully shed some gossipy light on all this.

Edited by 2727
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Marsh said:

I think her point is that she doesn't want to pay half the bills starting on day 1 of marriage.  Even before kids.  Which doesn't seem fair. When there are kids yes it's understandable if one person is more of a provider.

I can't figure out her personality.  I think she's a ticking time bomb that's going to explode with anger one episode.  Saw glimpses on the atvs. (please happen, I love the drama)

Yes.  I think she’s spoiled and wants her marriage exactly like her parents.  But, Will is not her Father, so she may be in for a surprise.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I don't understand why it's that much of an issue if couples don't split their expenses right down the middle, especially if they are married.  Do today's young women pay exactly half of every date they have?  I didn't think the protocol had changed all that much since I was young, and this  and this  article (and many more) seem to confirm that.  What people say they are for and what they actually do seem to be two different things.  Also, once couples are married who pays for what is actually more of a moot question as they are a financial unit legally anyway (more or less so depending on the state), which they often find out in divorce court when jointly owned property is split 50-50 regardless of who paid more toward buying it.

Some couples might split the bills exactly even. But that is frequently not realistic. Women tend to earn less money than men, even in cases where women have more education. I can see where a a couple that is just moving in together would work out who is going to pay which bill out of their separate bank accounts. And if one is making a higher salary, it does make sense for that person to contribute more. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

Some couples might split the bills exactly even. But that is frequently not realistic. Women tend to earn less money than men, even in cases where women have more education. I can see where a a couple that is just moving in together would work out who is going to pay which bill out of their separate bank accounts. And if one is making a higher salary, it does make sense for that person to contribute more. 

I agree, there are so many reasons why it would be more fair (in my opinion) for the bill paying not to be split evenly between couples.  If one of them makes more is one situation, and yes it's usually the man in a male/female couple, with exceptions as we have seen already on this show.  But the point is, we don't even know how much either of them makes so how can we judge Jasmine's comments?

• Love 1
On 1/23/2019 at 8:32 AM, For Cereals said:
On 1/22/2019 at 10:31 PM, ShowFan said:

Yes and, she doesn’t strike me as the brightest bulb.  I think he’s really into speech and grammar and her misses make him cringe a little on the inside.  He pointed it out when she said “respectable” instead of “respectful” and I could see a little cringe when she said “it could have went...”  Yet, he doesn’t have to be cruel.

However, Luke wins the award for one of my pet-peeviest grammar mistakes:  "I think things are developing in Kate and I's relationship." Ugh, ugh, ugh.

Phrases that, if we drank a shot everytime they arose on this show we'd all die of alcohol poisoning:

"The EXPERIMENT..."
"I decided to get married at first sight because..."
"I'm ready to fall in love"

"Perfect stranger [which always seems to be pronounced as 'shtranger.']"

"LEGALLY MARRIED."

"leap of faith"

• Love 11
On 1/22/2019 at 11:41 PM, shouldbedancing said:

I don't get Kate. I would be turned allllllllll the way off after what Luke said and did. I would be done. But it still seems like she's simpering for a chance between them. And she's so calm. Is she okay?

Either she was planted as a farce, or she needs the money, or will meet someone else on the t.v.  Luke’s actions are unrealistic and there’s always one we love to hate.  Take a pick.  I don’t believe there is any person who would take that crap that Luke spews.  Look at Jon and Molly.  He found Blondie Jessica.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Either she was planted as a farce, or she needs the money, or will meet someone else on the t.v.  Luke’s actions are unrealistic and there’s always one we love to hate.  Take a pick.  I don’t believe there is any person who would take that crap that Luke spews.  Look at Jon and Molly.  He found Blondie Jessica.

I think it was @millennium who posted a while back in maybe this forum or other show that I watch that she is feeling used, abused and taken by these shows because they are all such bullshit. I totally agree with her. Kate may be trying to capitalize on her appearance on TV for some joke business venture, but sticking around for half a second after the way Luke treated her makes her look like a completely desperate fool.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Or the producers threatened Kate with a bad edit because that is what reality show producers do. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I think it was @millennium who posted a while back in maybe this forum or other show that I watch that she is feeling used, abused and taken by these shows because they are all such bullshit. I totally agree with her. Kate may be trying to capitalize on her appearance on TV for some joke business venture, but sticking around for half a second after the way Luke treated her makes her look like a completely desperate fool.

Who's Kate?   (I don't watch this show.)

15 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I agree, there are so many reasons why it would be more fair (in my opinion) for the bill paying not to be split evenly between couples.  If one of them makes more is one situation, and yes it's usually the man in a male/female couple, with exceptions as we have seen already on this show.  But the point is, we don't even know how much either of them makes so how can we judge Jasmine's comments?

It’s too early in the game for Jasmine to be talking about money.  She’s ahead of herself to think things will work out.  She’s a bit of a “tight ass” and I don’t know if Will goes for that.  To me, it looks like he’s holding back and not really having a good time.  I could be wrong tho.  Money,money,money.  Who talks like that on day one?  They might not even be together next week.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

It’s too early in the game for Jasmine to be talking about money.  She’s ahead of herself to think things will work out.  She’s a bit of a “tight ass” and I don’t know if Will goes for that.  To me, it looks like he’s holding back and not really having a good time.  I could be wrong tho.

I don't think anyone should talk about money issues on their honeymoon, but given that they didn't have the time to discuss their positions on that in a normal dating relationship they're still in the process of "feeling each other out" about it, and given that it's only a few days before they're going to have to start figuring out who pays for what over the next 7 weeks or so, I can understand it.

• Love 4

I think Jasmine is jumping the gun on everything.  So she’s athletic and daring.  She. Rides the mini bike or whatever it is, gets stuck and expects him to come to her rescue, but he doesn’t know how.  It makes him look stupid.  Then, she goes zip lining and makes him to be a wimp because he’s afraid of heights.  Then he’s scared walking on the bridge and she doesn’t help him.  Is this a contest with her?  She’s making him feel less than.  Will seems like a nice guy, but she’s pulling a power play.  She shouldn’t do that to him.  Lesson #101.  Let him be the Man, or at least pretend, Jasmine.  You don’t have to show the world that you are better than him.  It’s not a pissing contest.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I think Jasmine is jumping the gun on everything.  So she’s athletic and daring.  She. Rides the mini bike or whatever it is, gets stuck and expects him to come to her rescue, but he doesn’t know how.  It makes him look stupid.  Then, she goes zip lining and makes him to be a wimp because he’s afraid of heights.  Then he’s scared walking on the bridge and she doesn’t help him.  Is this a contest with her?  She’s making him feel less than.  Will seems like a nice guy, but she’s pulling a power play.  She shouldn’t do that to him.  Lesson #101.  Let him be the Man, or at least pretend, Jasmine.  You don’t have to show the world that you are better than him.  It’s not a pissing contest.

Danielle did that to Cody back in the Chicago season, but he was very wimpy & allowed her to run over him (or at least it appeared that way). I don't see Will as that wimpy. He seems to know who he is, is accepting of himself & isn't letting her get the best of him, so far. That's a good trait (as long as he's not a douche, & I'm not seeing that in him at this point); it shows he's secure. Jasmine, or anyone, who feels they have to demonstrate their bravado to feel 'better than' are really just insecure.

• Love 4

Will seems more the type to give Jasmine lots of the spotlight so she will keeps talking and digging herself deeper into a hole instead of letting him refute her.

She tends to motor mouth and Will holds his tongue.

Will was more animated with the grooms golfing than with Jas.

Theses 2 are in the Friends with Possible Benefits but definitely Friend Zoned.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Will seems more the type to give Jasmine lots of the spotlight so she will keeps talking and digging herself deeper into a hole instead of letting him refute her.

She tends to motor mouth and Will holds his tongue.

Will was more animated with the grooms golfing than with Jas.

Theses 2 are in the Friends with Possible Benefits but definitely Friend Zoned.

Yes .. Will was so more relaxed and having a good time with the boys.  More with them than Jasmine.  I don’t see them working out in the long run.  At least, for now anyway, A.J. and Stephanie seem to laugh and have fun together.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, millennium said:

Who's Kate?   (I don't watch this show.)

This is what happens when you are in the throes of chemotherapy hell and lost in a vat of reality television. I'm sorry @millennium, it must have been in the 90 day forum that you made the comment I referred to.

Kate is a woman who was hooked up to marry a hipster douche face who knew her previously from a speed dating gig that he runs. He seemed pissy that she didn't remember him and since that time, humiliated her at the reception by not kissing her when she leaned in during the clanking of glasses, showed her zero affection, overall treated her like an irritant, and finally kissed her (I guess to shut her up), stopped, ran to the bathroom and when he came out, told her that he felt repulsed and dead inside while kissing her.

And even after that she "just doesn't know what to do." Gah.

• Love 7
On 1/27/2019 at 6:13 PM, KateHearts said:

Phrases that, if we drank a shot everytime they arose on this show we'd all die of alcohol poisoning:

"Stay married...OR get a divorce."

"Took a huge risk"

"Communication" (anything referring to such ie: communication styles, breakdown in communication)

I always think about this and will add more as I watch again.

• Love 2

There is so much being made of the newly married's living arrangements prior to marriage and financials.

I have to add my two cents on this one. I'm from a traditional background that is religious and Eastern European. It has never been proposed as an option to move out prior to marriage. It's very normal and expected, at any age, to live with your family until you're married. It's not only economic but it denotes a certain "purity" and "innocence" with your family there to keep a watchful eye on you. They keep tabs on your comings and goings etc.. male, female- especially female. Even at 25 I couldn't just saunter in at any hour. Mother would blow up my phone "you better get your ass home!" Note: I DID move out. I had roommates and home shares as I found my mother unbearable.  

But there are many reasons to live with family and I'm not of the mind that my kids leave at 18. They're never expected to leave me and always welcome but I'm not a maid. Clean up after yourself and have respect and I'll eespect YOU.

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 5

Luke likes yogurt for breakfast.  Not everyone is a fan of yogurt.  Some people hate yogurt.  Why does he keep pushing it on Kate?  I’m so sick of him and his whacko ways.  He thinks he’s so trendy.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, configdotsys said:

This is what happens when you are in the throes of chemotherapy hell and lost in a vat of reality television. I'm sorry @millennium, it must have been in the 90 day forum that you made the comment I referred to.

Kate is a woman who was hooked up to marry a hipster douche face who knew her previously from a speed dating gig that he runs. He seemed pissy that she didn't remember him and since that time, humiliated her at the reception by not kissing her when she leaned in during the clanking of glasses, showed her zero affection, overall treated her like an irritant, and finally kissed her (I guess to shut her up), stopped, ran to the bathroom and when he came out, told her that he felt repulsed and dead inside while kissing her.

And even after that she "just doesn't know what to do." Gah.

If you are referring to yourself about the chemo, hugs and luck going your way.❤️

• Love 8
On 1/22/2019 at 9:31 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

Kate has more confidence and patience than I do. I could never be with someone knowing they’re not attracted to me . But I guess that’s the risk of signing up for this mess . 

Luke is overboard though . Even if I wasn’t attracted to the guy I was matched with , Id kiss the person to at least put the effort in and if it gives off a spark , great . If not , I didn’t lose anything . 

You just know luke preferred hanging with the guys over Kate 

I don't like Luke but at least he was up front with her. Jepthe felt the same way but could not admit it until much later.

• Love 4
On 1/27/2019 at 5:37 PM, Drogo said:

Luke looks like Tim Tebow, like if Tebow stopped working out and shaving and lost all respect for women and became a colossal douchebag who people wanted to punch. 

Wow.... this picture brings back such nostalgia to my college days at UF when this football player named Tim Tebow was the newest big football star and he waved at me while walking by in the stadium and I didnt know who he was at the time 😆 but anyways - Tim Tebow, from what I heard about him, is indeed extremely respectful towards women and had a squeaky clean image. and is probably twice the size of Luke. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 3