Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Trust

preeya
  • Start Topic

An investigation into the death of a well-known district attorney puts the Intelligence Division at odds with a mayoral candidate. Antonio returns to work but doesn't trust his own judgment when an operation goes sideways.

Edited by preeya

LaRoyce Hawkins shines once again when given material to work with.  So Kevin is shot due to the misdeeds of dirty politicians and police leadership. I love Trudy and Kevin's relationship, the emotion in her voice gives the idea that she's become his segregate mother. Hank and Antonio seemed to be more angry about Kevin getting shot than his two besties . 

• Love 6

I knew the "superintendent" was bad the minute I saw him. It figures that once again we have a plotline with corruption in the ranks and a new thorn in Hank's side.

I guess we can call him the "White Bubba Gump."

Anne Heche has got to go.

15 minutes ago, milner said:

What does the first post mean?  Cuddles?

Don't exactly know, but I edited/changed it.

Once again the villains in this show are not gang bangers or other miscreants who actually do the crime on Chicago. Even when a gang banger does the actual crime he is not the real villain which is the hierarchy of the police department who are the only appropriate bad guys in Dick Wulfs world.

This show is very easy to describe. Corrupt cops chase even more corrupt cops while beating up suspects and faking evidence.

Edited by langford peel
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, langford peel said:

Once again the villains in this show are not gang bangers or other miscreants who actually do the crime on Chicago. Even when a gang banger does the actual crime he is not the real villain which is the hierarchy of the police department who are the only appropriate bad guys in Dick Wulfs world.

This show is very easy to describe. Corrupt cops chase even more corrupt cops whil beating up suspects and faking evidence.

And don't forget everything is 'personal' for our merry band of idiots.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I am still waiting for someone to show up on this show wearing a white hat.

Hank will probably cut some sort of deal with the superintendent and Brennan in an effort to get Ruzek off the hook.

Yep.

1 hour ago, Guildford said:

And don't forget everything is 'personal' for our merry band of idiots.

Yep.

2 hours ago, langford peel said:

This show is very easy to describe. Corrupt cops chase even more corrupt cops while beating up suspects and faking evidence.

Yep.

Voight, "He crossed a line."

Me, "Are you fucking kidding me you brain dead idiot?"  Hello pot, meet kettle.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, langford peel said:

Given the not guilty verdict handed down today for the cops who appeared to cover up the Laquan McDonald murder, it appears there is still plenty of real life police corruption in Chicago these days.

I also believe that the Anne Heche and Scrubs Dr. Police guy will be traded for Ruzek at some point.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, NYCFree said:

Given the not guilty verdict handed down today for the cops who appeared to cover up the Laquan McDonald murder, it appears there is still plenty of real life police corruption in Chicago these days.

I also believe that the Anne Heche and Scrubs Dr. Police guy will be traded for Ruzek at some point.

Exactly! One of the advisors for the show is a former cop from Chicago. Clearly if he had an issue with how the "corrupt white cops" were being portrayed the storylines would be different. I appreciate the fact that the writers don't make it seem as though every Black and Hispanic male is a criminal. 

• Love 7

They also showed courrpt black cops with Bubba Gump last season.

The thing the villains are always people in positions of authority or mythical Irish gangs or businessmen who own companies as they just did in Chicago Fire. They never show the nitty gritty reality of how dangerous Chicago has become that you saw in a show like The Wire. In that show you had courrpt cops and venal politicians and even Fake News reporters making stuff up. But the reality of the situation was displayed without fear or favor.

I never expect that from a hack like Dick Wolf.

Edited by langford peel

Really? I can’t remember one. There is always something else involving some other elements. I remember the undercover operation with gang bangers who went to buy guns from the mythical Irish gang. I remember a serial killer who killed a girl who who worked for the unit. Lots of shows where someone’s relative was kidnapped and raped or murdered.

A straight case involving just gang violence just doesn’t stick out. Did they ever have a case where a young child was caught in a drive by crossfire? I remember a case where Halstead killed a kid but not gangbangers.

I guess this is just  network TV so it will not reflect reality.

Hacks gotta hack.

I long for the reality of “Starsky and Hutch.”

Edited by langford peel
  • Love 1

Two Chicago gang episodes were “The Cases that Need be Solved” and “Snitch.” There have been many, many “Latin” drug gang episodes, the “Latin” gangs may be part of the Chicago community, or may be Colombian Cartel types.

The criminals on Chicago PD are hardly all Irish or cops.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, NYCFree said:

Two Chicago gang episodes were “The Cases that Need be Solved” and “Snitch.” There have been many, many “Latin” drug gang episodes, the “Latin” gangs may be part of the Chicago community, or may be Colombian Cartel types.

The criminals on Chicago PD are hardly all Irish or cops.

I'm rolling my eyes over here. "The cases that need to be solved" was based on a real life event in Chicago, where gang members killed a child because they thought he was the son of a rival gang member. There was another episode where a Latin gang member created a gang war between two rival gangs.  If people want a stereotypical cop show, then maybe they should watch blue bloods.

• Love 1
On 1/17/2019 at 1:55 PM, langford peel said:

As Halstead said... "This is Chicago."  Admit it, if this was just cops chasing bad guys, the show would be boring and you wouldn't be watching.  Corruption is what makes this show.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, greyhorse said:

As Halstead said... "This is Chicago."  Admit it, if this was just cops chasing bad guys, the show would be boring and you wouldn't be watching.  Corruption is what makes this show.

This a very skewed show.  It is a jaundiced and very negative view of the police. Corruption is killing this show. It is making it a boring one note show that follows the same pattern every episode. Add in the fact that every other episode a different friend or family member of the squad is kidnapped, raped or murdered it is just nonsense. You do realize that 90% of the cops on the beat never even pull their guns even in a hellhole like Chicago?

If Voight and his team killed as many people as they do in this show they would be off the force in any city in America. Every member of the team has killed more people than Doc Holiday. It is just bullshit. It is almost as bad as Hawaii Five O.

When I look at a show I hope to see something different. A show like The WIre showed the good and the bad of both the cops and the crooks without making them  cardboard characters. That is beyond Dick Wolf's talent. Of course they use talented writers of detective fiction like RIchard Price, Dennis Lehane and George Pelecanos. Real talent not hacks.

If only we could have the verisimilitude and excitement of classics like "Adam 12" or "Dragnet"we would be getting somewhere.

Even a humble show like "Baretta" was more true to life. After all they hired a murderer as the star of the show.

Edited by langford peel
Keep your eye on the sparrow
  • Love 1
On 1/17/2019 at 9:00 AM, preeya said:

I knew the "superintendent" was bad the minute I saw him. It figures that once again we have a plotline with corruption in the ranks and a new thorn in Hank's side.

I guess we can call him the "White Bubba Gump."

Anne Heche has got to go.

Don't exactly know, but I edited/changed it.

As soon as the Superintendent stated he was tough on crime, anti gang it quite clear the message was “republican/racist/blah blah” and he would be the villain at the end. Wasnt worth waiting for.

I want to know why at the end when Hesch was shoving the case down Voights throat he didn’t say, “ Ok but Ruzek and Antonio walk.” Seemed obvious.

Edited by SG11
On 1/19/2019 at 1:43 AM, langford peel said:

This a very skewed show.  It is a jaundiced and very negative view of the police. Corruption is killing this show. It is making it a boring one note show that follows the same pattern every episode. Add in the fact that every other episode a different friend or family member of the squad is kidnapped, raped or murdered it is just nonsense. You do realize that 90% of the cops on the beat never even pull their guns even in a hellhole like Chicago?

If Voight and his team killed as many people as they do in this show they would be off the force in any city in America. Every member of the team has killed more people than Doc Holiday. It is just bullshit. It is almost as bad as Hawaii Five O.

When I look at a show I hope to see something different. A show like The WIre showed the good and the bad of both the cops and the crooks without making them  cardboard characters. That is beyond Dick Wolf's talent. Of course they use talented writers of detective fiction like RIchard Price, Dennis Lehane and George Pelecanos. Real talent not hacks.

If only we could have the verisimilitude and excitement of classics like "Adam 12" or "Dragnet"we would be getting somewhere.

Even a humble show like "Baretta" was more true to life. After all they hired a murderer as the star of the show.

It’s pretty obvious that Dick Wolf hates the Police and has an anti cop, left wing agenda, but somehow I still like the show.

I retired from 20 years as an LEO in Illinois and I’d loved to have worked for Voight. And I worked with plenty of Chicago Cops that had to do what they had to do. Most people criticizing them wouldn’t last a month.

I would have trouble concentrating if Burgess was in my squad though. And Blondie with her pissy face, disapproving wet blanket act really needs to go work for IA somewhere and be happy ratting out other cops.

• Love 2
On 1/17/2019 at 7:55 PM, NYCFree said:

Or maybe those cops really told the story of what they saw and hanging more cops in the name of this fake police brutality narrative is unnecessary.

I see Wolf couldn’t pass up a chance for a black citizen to tell the Super to stop killing their children. I was wondering when the Super would suggest the “children” stop committing violent felonies and resisting arrest.

Edited by SG11
On 1/17/2019 at 4:55 PM, langford peel said:

Once again the villains in this show are not gang bangers or other miscreants who actually do the crime on Chicago. Even when a gang banger does the actual crime he is not the real villain which is the hierarchy of the police department who are the only appropriate bad guys in Dick Wolfs world.

From Chicago Tribune January 23, 2019:

The Chicago Fraternal Order of Police has endorsed Alderman Edward Burke for re-election despite the fact he faces a federal charge of attempted extortion, the embattled alderman says. Burke announced the endorsement of the lodge that represents Chicago’s rank-and-file police officers on his 14th Ward Facebook page. “As a former patrol officer and now a strong supporter of our Police Department, I am humbled by the endorsement of the Chicago Patrolmen's Union, FOP Lodge 7,” Burke said.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

So the previews for the next episode are just repeating old storylines again!!! Give me a break. We've already seen Jay as a murder suspect and we all know how it'll end again. C'mon, really??

It's just funny at this point at how boring, predictible and monotonous this show has become. 

• Love 1

If you watch Chicago Fire you find out that cops cause motorcycle accidents and cover them up.

These hacks have lost the plot so badly that they have Antonio lecturing this cop about telling the truth and accepting the consequences. It’s just unbelievable.

• Love 2
On 1/17/2019 at 10:27 PM, spunky said:

Exactly! One of the advisors for the show is a former cop from Chicago. Clearly if he had an issue with how the "corrupt white cops" were being portrayed the storylines would be different. I appreciate the fact that the writers don't make it seem as though every Black and Hispanic male is a criminal. 

Try to keep up. Writers on every single show on TV and movies have stopped showing ANY black or Hispanic as a criminal, and any terrorist can only be a white Eastern European, never a radical Muslim.

The only acceptable villains on any show are white, straight males, prefably cops. When you see them early in the storyline, that’s your crooked politician, bad cop or sexual deviant.

The fact they pay a former cop to advise on procedure (not very well) does not in any way prove that Police do not care for the BS way cops are portrayed on this show and every other.

• Love 1

They don’t have a thread for the new episode but they have a surprisingly different plot.

The bad guy is a racist cop and the sympathetic victim is a murderous drug dealer.

What an unusual twist for a Dick Wolf show.

It is a shame we don’t have a thread to celebrate such groundbreaking television!

Edited by langford peel
  • Love 2
On 2/9/2019 at 11:02 AM, SG11 said:

Try to keep up. Writers on every single show on TV and movies have stopped showing ANY black or Hispanic as a criminal, and any terrorist can only be a white Eastern European, never a radical Muslim.

The only acceptable villains on any show are white, straight males, prefably cops. When you see them early in the storyline, that’s your crooked politician, bad cop or sexual deviant.

The fact they pay a former cop to advise on procedure (not very well) does not in any way prove that Police do not care for the BS way cops are portrayed on this show and every other.

I have been keeping up , thank you very much. Contrary to popular belief not all of us Black people are criminals. I stated in my previous posts, that the advisor of himself doesn't seem to have a problem with the way the show is written. I have friends who are cops , therefore I know not every single cop is horrible. This is a show about how corrupt Chicago is. If I want to see a stereotypical cop show I would watch blue bloods.

Edited by spunky
Typo
  • Love 1

MOD NOTE:

Folks, let’s simmer down and make sure we’re addressing each other with respect. Also, please remember to keep political commentary out of these forums - we’re skating a bit close to that line in this thread.