Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Never Gonna Give You Up

• Start Topic

Jeez, that was one of the most ridiculous bits on this entire show.  And I seriously doubt Mickey would know all the words.  He would have been almost 50 years old at the time.  Of course, he could have heard it in prison, but doubtful. 

Sorry, that was a stupid attempt at levity. All of their attempts in these episodes are idiotic to me.  

Ray has jumped the shark, no question in my mind.  

Edited by leighdear

Is the show so in need of plot that we had to have a three minute "previously on" segment?

Smitty's conversation with Sandy showed what a dumbass he is. The entire conversation was Sandy saying something and then Smitty repeating it as a question.

I felt bad for Bridget, not just because she got kidnapped due to Ray's crap, but because when she directly asked him why he jumped and what he was afraid of, he just said nothing.

OF COURSE Bianchi got loose. The most surprising thing was that it didn't happen while Smitty was driving him to Sandy's house.

I feel like Terry should have gotten more details about what kind of deal the FBI was willing to give Bunchy.

• Love 2

It's almost always chilling to watch the Donovans get ready to roll up on somebody. Mickey ran out of fcuks to give decades ago and Ray wasn't born with any.

Lol, Mickey testing Daryll for a concussion while they're trying dispose of the guy Ray shot 947 times.

Called it. Bye Mac, ya dumb loser. Bet your family won't even get your pension.

Cop kebab. Well, Smitty is now an official Donovan. He's killed his first cop and is about to desecrate some corpses.

Good work releasing that tape, Sam. Ray is going to kill you so hard you'll die from it.

Did anyone watch this episode expecting to get rickrolled at some point? The episode title kind of defeated the purpose though.

• Love 1

For a group of people well connected w/ committing criminal acts, you'd think somebody would have suggested wearing gloves before they began touching every object in whatever house they happened to be in. Not to mention the cop's car they stole for the Mick-Daryll Rick Roll duet. Also, how about using some bleach to try to wipe up the copious amounts of blood from the dead cop.  

3 hours ago, leighdear said:

And I seriously doubt Mickey would know all the words.  He would have been almost 50 years old at the time. 

Remember, Mick knew about twerking and that didn't start until his time in Walpole was coming to an end. I can see him keeping up w/ changes in modern music. It's not like he had a lot else to do. You can only spend so much time snitching about the plans you've overheard from fellow inmates. The rest of the time is yours. 

• Love 4

As crazy as the plotting has been this season, I've come to flove Sandy. I hope she's back next season.

The whole Rick Rolled meme back in the day was annoying as hell, and I find it just as annoying even now.

So many bodies, so little time. I feel like I need to make a death list and guess who buys it next week.

I can’t believe the show Rick-rolled the viewers.

And then that scene of the ginger cop beating up Mac’s ex on the stairs.  Thought it was Bridget.

Talk about messing with the viewers!

Ok with the big news about Ferrati and all the shots in Mac’s house, how is he not arrested?  You wouldn’t expect them to show Ferrati at the mayors mansion but an old bowling alley?

Thats the other problem with his whole plot.  Besides the mayor unlikely to get kickbacks from a state prison, what is he going to do with $5 million a year which can’t arouse suspicions?

He’s just going to stash that money, leave it to his heirs?  Cuz he’s a simple man, just needs his bowling and beers?

Meanwhile, Ray gets out of cleaning up the trail of bodies he leaves behind.  Mickey, Terry and Bunch were doing the street fighting for a measley $50k but they’re almost like his employees cleaning up after him.

Of course they delegate it to Daryl and the in-law.

OK, these writers, at this point, are just trolling the audience, as well as the management of Showtime....."I dare ya' to renew us for another season! I double-dare ya! Listen to the dialogue in this scene!......"

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Did anyone watch this episode expecting to get rickrolled at some point? The episode title kind of defeated the purpose though.

I can honestly say that the title of this episiode didn't even register to me, so the Rickroll was completely out of the blue.  So much WTF? in my head, I didn't even remember what it was called.  

• Love 3

The thing with rickrolling is that it's supposed to be a complete surprise and you're supposed to see Rick Astley's original music video of the song. I think making "Never Gonna Give You Up" the episode title defeated any surprise potential, plus we never saw the video. The trick--if there was intended to be one--is that the audience didn't get rickrolled though some may have been expecting it. (And I just now realized the title was probably in reference to Bunchy's refusal to give up Mickey's location. Duh me.)

• Love 1
19 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Smitty's conversation with Sandy showed what a dumbass he is. The entire conversation was Sandy saying something and then Smitty repeating it as a question.

No kidding - that was painful.  Your one job right now is to watch that cop, love how he didn't even notice the guy had moved.

I don't know how they can bring Ray back from all this.  The Donovans have killed 3 cops.  The current mayor hates him.  The presumably soon to be mayor's power broker hates him.  He's barely hanging on mentally.  Alan Alda to the rescue?

• Love 2

Next season: Connor gets dishonorably discharged for being a punk and ends up coming back into the Donovan fold as the next fuckup since Bunch spends 30 years in prison and the writers need to fill the empty spot with someone equally moronic. The Donovans go to family therapy after Bridget gives Ray an ultimatum: get therapy or she will marry someone who, unlike Smitty, could actually make a lawful living. Mickey cold cocks Hawkeye during a therapy session after a fight over whose egg salad recipe is better, Hawkeye’s wife’s or Abby’s. Terry morphs into a punching bag. Lena returns to the West Coast, changes her name and opens a Bed&Breakfast where Avi works at the front desk after he gets a face transplant.

• Love 3
On 1/6/2019 at 2:16 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

OF COURSE Bianchi got loose. The most surprising thing was that it didn't happen while Smitty was driving him to Sandy's house.

Bianchi was nice enough to let Smitty finish his phone call before he pulled his surprise on him and Sandy.

For some reason: I was expecting Smitty to end the call by asking Bridget to pick up some Chinese food and cigarettes (if she was up to it). Looked like the actor was going through the motions reading his lines.

I laughed when Mickey bragged he knows Ray and he would call if he had found Bridget.

No Sandy! Maybe a pound but not ten.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Looked like the actor was going through the motions reading his lines.

Maybe that's why he was repeating Sandy's lines as questions, as quoted upthread, as follows:

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:16 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Mac - killed himself.  All others, I never learned their names:

Red-headed cop - killed by Ray.

Cop from trunk - killed by Smitty.

Cop that was in the house they had Bridget stashed in last week, but didn't die until this week - killed by Mickey.

• Love 2

So will Terry giving up Mickey to the FBI inadvertently result in Bridget, Smitty, Daryl, and Sandy all being caught in close proximity to three freshly murdered corpses?

Fuckin' Terry.

Edited by pfk505
  • Love 1