Type keyword(s) to search

Flipping Out - General Discussion

• Start Topic

What better to kick off this thread than without some completely unsubstantiated gossip that I have no problem believing. On the latest episode of the Bitch Sesh podcast which is mostly Housewives and some other Bravo shows they do a segment called Boots On The Ground where audience members get up and tell stories about Bravoleberties and one person stated that his friend slept with Gage while Jeff watched.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, biakbiak said:

What better to kick off this thread than without some completely unsubstantiated gossip that I have no problem believing. On the latest episode of the Bitch Sesh podcast which is mostly Housewives and some other Bravo shows they do a segment called Boots On The Ground where audience members get up and tell stories about Bravoleberties and one person stated that his friend slept with Gage while Jeff watched.

I can believe that.    They don't seem that passionate about each other.

• Love 1

wow that would seem like it sort of came out of no where - even though they do joke a lot on the radio show about their relationship being awful. but recently they did talk about how they were actually doing better than they have before.  I'm really far behind on listening to his radio show.

• Love 1

Gage was the one that I liked to watch on Flipping Out. Andy Cohen had been offering Gage a one-way ticket for years. Not that Andy is a step up from Jeff Lewis.

I am not convinced that Flipping Out has been cancelled at Bravo. Jeff has been uncharacteristically silent on the matter. Makes me think that it will be back. 

Jeff needs a better therapist.

• Love 6

As much as I think Jeff has a lot of issues and would be hell to live with, I think Gage seems quite difficult as well. It’s obvious that adding a child to this volatile mix was not a good idea but if you have enough money, you can buy yourself whatever you want and unfortunately, in this case, I think the child may suffer. Poor Monroe, at the whims of two a Daddies who will spoil her and use her to get back at each other.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Showthyme said:

I am not convinced that Flipping Out has been cancelled at Bravo. Jeff has been uncharacteristically silent on the matter. Makes me think that it will be back

He has nobody left to film with. I don't think it will be back. 

• Love 4

So I listed to the radio show from yesterday -  it's more like a separation, it's not a definite split yet.  Jeff said that Gage kept holding onto a lot of anger and would never really express it so it kept building up.  Jeff said he didn't really take things seriously when he knew Gage was looking for a new place to live until maybe January when Jeff realized he didn't really want that but he knew it was probably too late. Gage is now going to therapy - something that Jeff has done for years and Gage has never done, which Jeff thinks may have helped things if Gage would have been open to going to therapy earlier. Jeff does not want things to end completely but knows that if they do decide to get back together then they need to start over and have an entirely different relationship.

Just the other week Jeff and Gage talked about being in Florida and having a deep conversation and crying in the middle of a Ruth's Chris restaurant and how they needed to have those more often. 

I imagine living with Jeff is not the easiest thing to do, but dang, Gage hung in there for 10 years and I feel like Jeff was way worse of an individual before he met Gage.

• Love 5

Jeff said on his radio show today that he and Andy Cohen are working on something new and it's going to be really good.  I guess he will be back but it won't be Flipping Out because again, he has nobody to film with. 

It would not surprise me if Gage is seeing someone else. Just a feeling. To leave your baby, your man, your home, and your job just to go live in a hotel. That's a lot. Either he has someone else or Jeff is just that horrible to live with!!

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Jeff said on his radio show today that he and Andy Cohen are working on something new and it's going to be really good.  I guess he will be back but it won't be Flipping Out because again, he has nobody to film with. 

It would not surprise me if Gage is seeing someone else. Just a feeling. To leave your baby, your man, your home, and your job just to go live in a hotel. That's a lot. Either he has someone else or Jeff is just that horrible to live with!!

From what Jeff said - they had been not sharing a bedroom for a very long time, yet they would still hook up - so Jeff said it felt like a roommate situation and friends with benefits. And Gage said he still wanted to live there and have no physical contact at all and I think Jeff said he wasn't up for that type of living situation and had Gage move out.  It was kind of confusing because I think Jeff said he didn't make Gage move out but then later said he did tell Gage to move out. 

And yea if they split completely Gage probably lost his job and livelyhood as it was all connected to Jeff - but Gage was the main reason Jeff got so many deals, he was the one that worked for those deals. So without Gage, Jeff just has his radio show and house projects. However when Jeff was with Ryan they tried to remain business partners for awhile. So who knows.

• Love 1

I think Gage has been planning this for a long time. He wanted money and a child. I doubt Gage "lost his job," as he and Jeff are presumably business partners. Gage is not simply an employee (unless he's dumb and hasn't protected himself).

I suspect that his and Jeff's business plans didn't bear enough fruit, due in part to Jeff's self-destructive ways and Jeff's mindless spending on endless renovations. Gage made the decision to get out.

The question is whether either of them really cares for Monroe. As reality TV shows us over and over, plenty of people fake it for the cameras.

I expect Gage to try for primary physical custody and child support. A court-appointed psychologist will evaluate the family and make recommendations.

Jeff will have to spend a lot of money to defend his interests, and that will drive him over the edge.

He and Andy may have some success with their rumored project, but I think there's a limited shelf life for Andy's style of TV. Maybe another 10 years.

Gage is smart and will land some good deals.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I doubt Gage "lost his job," as he and Jeff are presumably business partners.

That would be interesting to know. I don't see Jeff going in to a partnership with Gage or relinquishing part of his "empire" to Gage. He was always so condescending to Gage about who makes the money and had the power. As far as the business is concerned it wouldn't surprise me if Gage was nothing more than a well paid employee in Jeff's eyes. I know Gage was good for Jeff's business, I just don't think Jeff ever gave him enough credit for that. 

• Love 10

What’s the status of the new house?  I can’t remember if it’s New Hollywood or Old Hollywood, I get them confused.  Has he said anything about the intentions for the properties?  TIA, I don’t have access to his radio show. 

22 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

What’s the status of the new house?  I can’t remember if it’s New Hollywood or Old Hollywood, I get them confused.  Has he said anything about the intentions for the properties?  TIA, I don’t have access to his radio show. 

They recently moved into the house that was shown on the show as the flip that would never end - where both of the project managers got fired.  Cant' recall if they've mentioned what happened to the house they were living in during that (the one next to the one that was Gage's project).  

I am sure Jeff will get viewers and have a following with his possible new show with Andy, but I honestly have no desire to watch Jeff anymore. In the beginning I found him amusing, but as the seasons went on I liked him less and less. It seems that his longterm relationships, at least the ones on the show, have all disintegrated. 

• Love 5

Listened to Jeff's show describing the split this afternoon. He did not sound like this was "done", actually sounded hopeful, but as stated above, if they reconnect it will be a new, different relationship. 

I think the connection is Monroe. If it wasn't for her, my opinion, they would go their separate ways.

Jeff also said things have been strained between them for a year (ish) and chaotic for awhile.

Why bring a child into this???

Us "mature" adults have a hard time with chaos and confusion.  Bad choice guys.

This will be interesting to see how it unfolds and gets resolved.

Poor Monroe. 

• Love 4

Why did we not get to see any of this on the final season of Flipping Out? They did not hesitate to show us Jeff and everyone else having issues and their relationships melting down. Seems to me at the end of Flipping Out they went out of their way to show Jeff and Gage on a date night, having a meal and laughing, implying they were solid.  I wonder if it was Gage or Jeff who wanted out. I'm guessing Gage. He seemed to be in a kind of walking dead state the last season, trying to stay away from all the drama. Maybe he was just over it. Once in a while he would get an almost inappropriate smile on his face during some drama and maybe that was him thinking "and this is why I am planning my escape."

• Love 2
On 2/2/2019 at 11:48 AM, TVbitch said:

Why did we not get to see any of this on the final season of Flipping Out? They did not hesitate to show us Jeff and everyone else having issues and their relationships melting down. Seems to me at the end of Flipping Out they went out of their way to show Jeff and Gage on a date night, having a meal and laughing, implying they were solid.  I wonder if it was Gage or Jeff who wanted out. I'm guessing Gage. He seemed to be in a kind of walking dead state the last season, trying to stay away from all the drama. Maybe he was just over it. Once in a while he would get an almost inappropriate smile on his face during some drama and maybe that was him thinking "and this is why I am planning my escape."

Because even on their radio show - that they do 3 times a week, every week - they've been acting like things are fine.  They are open that last year was really tough but listening to them on their show you would have NO idea things were crumbling.  I listen to an episode TWO EPISODES before Gage moving out (so that could have been 3-5 days inbetween) and they (Jeff AND Gage) talked about how they hooked up while on their trip in Vegas. And Gage is laughing about how Jeff taking Horny Goat Weed is bad for him because Jeff is always horny now.  They were trying REAL hard to keep their issues under wraps. 

And the way Jeff talks - yes it's a one-sided story currently - it was Gage that wanted out.  He wanted to cut off all physical contact but remain living in the house with Jeff and Monroe and Jeff said no. 

• Love 4

I don’t see them getting back together. Jeff is talking too much. I have not listened to his podcast or whatever it is, but there are a lot of articles out there where Jeff seems to put all of the blame on Gage. Living with Gage is a roller coaster, one day he loves you, one day he doesn’t, I want off of the roller coaster, etc. Jeff putting this all out there is not helping matters. It is very ugly. Jeff has a lot of anger. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Pickles said:

I don’t see them getting back together. Jeff is talking too much. I have not listened to his podcast or whatever it is, but there are a lot of articles out there where Jeff seems to put all of the blame on Gage. Living with Gage is a roller coaster, one day he loves you, one day he doesn’t, I want off of the roller coaster, etc. Jeff putting this all out there is not helping matters. It is very ugly. Jeff has a lot of anger. 

If you listen to it in its context it's not quite that ugly and doesn't sound that angry. It sounds like the truth.  Jeff also said one time he actually offered Gage $12k to have sex with him. 

Jeff likes to hide his emotions with humor. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, gunderda said:

If you listen to it in its context it's not quite that ugly and doesn't sound that angry

I listened and thought it was that ugly. Jeff has not taken one ounce of responsibility for the demise of the relationship which is troubling to me. How do you reason with someone like that? Gage was only 22 when he met Jeff. Jeff was already set in his ways. He's not going to change. If they get back together it will only be a matter of time before they split again because I think Gage is restless and Jeff is, well...Jeff. 

• Love 7

So, I guess Jeff is really upset that Gage dated someone publicly.  

https://people.com/home/jeff-lewis-partner-gage-edward-date-one-week-after-separation/

I wish I could find all my old posts about how I did NOT believe that Jeff and Gage were in a real love relationship.  I doubted it for a long time and laughed when Jeff said he envisioned seeing Monroe and Gage with him as a family 10 years down the road.  Never bought it.  I hope they work something out for Monroe's sake, but, she's not legally related to Gage, right?  Some potential rights as a parental figure, but,.........IDK.  

Lots of changes and people leaving Jeff......I hope that he doesn't become bitter........lol.  (Sarcasm)

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, I guess Jeff is really upset that Gage dated someone publicly.  

https://people.com/home/jeff-lewis-partner-gage-edward-date-one-week-after-separation/

I wish I could find all my old posts about how I did NOT believe that Jeff and Gage were in a real love relationship.  I doubted it for a long time and laughed when Jeff said he envisioned seeing Monroe and Gage with him as a family 10 years down the road.  Never bought it.  I hope they work something out for Monroe's sake, but, she's not legally related to Gage, right?  Some potential rights as a parental figure, but,.........IDK.  

Lots of changes and people leaving Jeff......I hope that he doesn't become bitter........lol.  (Sarcasm)

Gage doesn't seem that stupid to not have done something legally to make Monroe his. So if he didn't even with him being the one that wanted out of the relationship... then he's a true idiot.

• Love 1

Edward (Gage) told PEOPLE he had no comment about the situation.

Gage needs to move on and not look back. They were never a match. Gage is not into drama, is a private person, and, um, well, kind of normal. And Jeff is Jeff. I like Jeff, but he is a LOT. He's brilliant and funny and open, but when he turns on you, it's vicious and sooner or later people run out of forgiveness for that.  

• Love 6

I've never been fond of Gage either.  It seemed rather sneaky to me.  And, though Jeff can be a beast, he also has some good traits and I do find him amusing most of the time.  But, I do think he may really be going through something different....lots of major people leaving, Zoila, (that was a positive, imo, but, still a loss), his grandmother (died), Jenni, now Gage.

• Love 2

So Gage wanted to stay in the family home and not be intimate at all, Jeff said no and asked him to move out so he could get clarification on his feelings (Gage, not Jeff). And then Gage goes on a date that soon.  I'd be pissed too if I were Jeff! He sounded like he was really hoping for them to get back together eventually.

• Love 4

Jeff can be really horrible and then expect that people will get over it. He still thinks he and Zoila, and he and Jenny, are going to be friends again. By his own admission, Jeff had been "a beast" for an entire year, so I can maybe understand how Gage became shut down and not in the mood for sex but wanted to stay close to Monroe.

I think Jeff needs a VERY STRONG man who can stand up to Jeff's domineering personality, mood swings and narcissism. Otherwise Jeff will just overwhelm the relationship again.    

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Jeff can be really horrible and then expect that people will get over it. He still thinks he and Zoila, and he and Jenny, are going to be friends again. By his own admission, Jeff had been "a beast" for an entire year, so I can maybe understand how Gage became shut down and not in the mood for sex but wanted to stay close to Monroe.

I think Jeff needs a VERY STRONG man who can stand up to Jeff's domineering personality, mood swings and narcissism. Otherwise Jeff will just overwhelm the relationship again.    

But, I don't think Jeff wants a strong man. He wants someone he can criticize, belittle, humiliate, etc. That is how he operates and he enjoys acting like that. I honestly can't picture him with anyone. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, gunderda said:

So Gage wanted to stay in the family home and not be intimate at all

I also heard Jeff say this, and agreed with him.  The guy that used to be my husband asked the same thing after he came clean on a 3 year affair he was having. Cake and eat it too, is over.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Pegasaurus said:

Can you imagine trying to deal with Jeff in a joint custody situation?  

He said yesterday that he vows to never use Monroe against Gage and that Gage can see her whenever he wants. Even if a judge mandates certain days during the week, Gage can see her whenever he wants.  And this was after finding out that Gage was already dating a gym buddy.  I think right now he truly means that, even with being so angry with Gage right now about the date, but will be interesting to see how things progress.

• Love 3

That's mature. I do hope he can rise above his usual tendencies and do what is best for Monroe. He simply must. After losing his relationship with Zoila, Jenny, and Gage, it is not much of a stretch to think he might eventually sour a relationship with even his own child. Maybe by having to dig deep and sort it out with Gage, he will grow as a person. 

• Love 2

I don't think that either Jeff or Gage could have predicted the emotional and physical turmoil  caused by having a colicky baby. I think that they both longed for this child and had to be exhausted after dealing with a screaming child day in and day out. The lawsuit brought on by the surrogate did not help.

Zoila may have been a buffer between Jeff and Gage. Instead of fussy at each other, they could fuss about her. 

Jeff provided well for Gage and gave him a career as a business and project manager. He trusted him with everything. But Jeff isn't someone who is going to spend a lot of time nurturing the relationship. He said that his dad is the same way. Jeff said that his dad wouldn't make a fuss over the baby but instead, would inquire if he had insurance. Providing financially is his way of showing love. 

The problem here is that Gage grew up. He no longer wanted a parental figure charting his course. I do think that Gage was moody and Jeff was unfiltered. 

It's great that they both say that they want things to be the same for Monroe but they are not. It usually doesn't work to keep an open door policy where children are concerned after the relationship has dissolved. They both should lawyer up. 

• Love 1

I'm not saying Jeff was a saint, but I do think Gage manipulated him. Gage knew what buttons to make Jeff fly off the handles. This started the second he started on the show. First, Gage planted seeds in Jeff's mind that Ryan was out to take away his business. Ryan has disputed that he was trying to take away Jeff's business. Next, Gage got in the middle of Jeff and Zoila. Overall, he just came across as the bad guy, when he first came on the show, and then the tide turned, imo. So, what Gage reap he has to sow. 

So now apparantly Jeff is doing a 180 and taking blame for everything.  I would post the article but my ipad hates me at the moment!  I get what he is saying and he seems more self aware than usual, but he always seems insinsere cuz he always has to add something flipping it back on the other person.  I think he may for once be truly scared that he will alienate everyone in his life, especially his daughter, and end up truly alone.  Hope he really means it this time.  Gage was never a favorite of mine, nor Zoila, but life with Jeff must be exhausting!

• Love 2

All of this public airing of every detail of the relationship by Jeff. Ack. This is all of the stuff you say in therapy. Not over the airwaves. If I was Gage, I would be very hesitant to try to make things work, because Jeff would be giving a play by play of every attempt/failed attempt. Zero privacy. I couldn't do it.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

So now apparantly Jeff is doing a 180 and taking blame for everything.  I would post the article but my ipad hates me at the moment!  I get what he is saying and he seems more self aware than usual, but he always seems insinsere cuz he always has to add something flipping it back on the other person.  I think he may for once be truly scared that he will alienate everyone in his life, especially his daughter, and end up truly alone.  Hope he really means it this time.  Gage was never a favorite of mine, nor Zoila, but life with Jeff must be exhausting!

Is this the article you are referring to?

https://people.com/home/jeff-lewis-spiraling-deep-dark-depression/

IT's a lot of talk from Jeff about his wounded inner child.  How he's not enough and how he must build himself up with positivity.....but, that's just more of the same jargon that makes the focus on yourself.  Jeff can claim that this stems from his own inadequacies, but, he treats himself just fine. It's others that he poops on.  I've liked Jeff for a long time, despite his horrible behavior, but, if you really had to deal with the man.....I can't imagine.  He may be funny on tv, but, in real life......I couldn't take it. I WOULDN'T take it, because it's actually abusive, imo.  If they do accept blame, then they become a martyr.  Those who know people like this, will understand what I'm describing. 

I'm no expert, but, have you ever looked into Narcissistic Personality Disorder?  With Jeff more than a few checks can be made on that. It's not just about being full of yourself, but, a big part of it is putting others down, bullying others, being mean and controlling those around you.   These people do not really care about other's feelings.  They pretend to, if it suits them, but, they have no empathy.  From what I've read it takes a lot of therapy and a real willingness to treat it and even then....no much success.  Good luck Jeff, if that's what you have. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7